Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#479710 Jan 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. religious shame and guilt create shackles of submission, compliance and ultimate oppression of the human spirit ..
Good Morning HL. Similarly, that's kind of how I feel about wearing my seatbelt as I don't want to be bothered by it sometimes. But then I may start feeling a little guitly about not wearing it 'cause what if...?

Actually, as restraining as it is... it may one day save my life. So as much as I don't always want to wear it... I use self-discipline and wear my seatbelt. Sometimes guilt is a good thing.

#479712 Jan 23, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monsieur Qu, I am better now, thank you.
Bonjour, "Tres bien"

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#479713 Jan 23, 2013
~~~MORNING~~~

“Fear less; hope more.
Eat less; chew more.
Talk less; say more.
Hate less; love more.”

~ Pauline Esther Phillips (Dear Abby)

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#479714 Jan 23, 2013
Today's Prayer

God, what do you want to achieve through my life? Is there a special calling, a greater purpose, than what I am aware of? Please show me. I want to die to self and live for you. I want to make a difference for good in the lives of other people. I want to glorify you in all I do. I want to do as Paul admonished in Romans 12:1, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service." May I be holy and acceptable to you. In Jesus? name, Amen.

Prime time with God

#479715 Jan 23, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Qu, Sora and I have been through many war-torn countries. We have seen people murdered in front of us in the most brutal and barbaric ways. There were many wars in this region of the world that tourists never hear about.
I'm very sorry to hear that. Praise God that one day when The Lord finally sets up His Kingdom on earth (the new earth) there won't be this kind of stuff.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#479716 Jan 23, 2013
Encouraging Words....

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Romans 8:28

K-Love

#479717 Jan 23, 2013
Praise God for Aussies & Pirates.

:)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#479718 Jan 23, 2013
Have a great day.....

((*L-))

#479719 Jan 23, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Four Lessons Learned on Your Journey (1)
Dan 11-12, Matt 9:14-26, Ps 89:38-52, Pr 3:1-2
'In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.' Proverbs 16:9
Remember needing a road atlas when you took a trip? Now you just program your destination into your car's GPS and it tells you where and where to turn, how far to the next petrol station, and when you'll arrive. No guessing, confusion and wrong decisions; just choose the shortest or fastest route and it will get you there. As a follower of Christ you have a divine GPS, which is the Holy Spirit. He chooses the route and timing, and guarantees that you'll get to your destination. By listening to Him you learn four valuable lessons. Let's look at them: First, you learn to depend on God rather than yourself. Assuming you know all the twists and turns of life makes you act without consulting God. Samson believed he'd 'figured how the system worked'. When Delilah sold him out and the Philistines bound him with ropes, he thought he'd handle things the way he always did:'..."I will do as before and shake myself free." But he didn't realise the Lord had left him.'(Judges 16:20) Living victoriously means living in total dependence on God, not yourself. Jesus said,'...Without Me you can do nothing.'(John 15:5) Second, you change your perspective. You may not always look where you're going, but you will always end up going where you're looking! Your perspective determines your choices and direction in life. After paying dearly for following his lower impulses, David changed his perspective and prayed,'My eyes are fixed on You...Lord...'(Psalm 141:8) You should pray that too.
The Word for Today USB
Praise God Juice... thanx for the "perspective"! Smile.

#479720 Jan 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Singing and dancing
Singing and dancing were essential components of the worship of God.The Israelites celebrated military victories with excited singing and dancing and often women led the way.David danced a joyful and frenzied dance when the Ark entered Jerusalem.Great choirs led singing in the Temple courts.
Amen. I think David danced until his clothes fell off... Now I can get down and boogie (70's version)... but I don't think I ever danced that hard.

#479721 Jan 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
lol I on a roll tonight whew triple ones lol
Sorry about the mischeif.lol
'tis all good...'tis good.

#479722 Jan 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Have a great day.....
((*L-))
You too, Ep! Smile.

Isaiah 26:3

#479723 Jan 23, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Shalom! My brother from another mother. Sorry to be responding so late. How was your weekend?
Andrew (CS).
Same here CS... well, it's already Wednesday so it would suffice to say that it went by "purty quick!" smile.

#479724 Jan 23, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I belong to the Hebrew Qahal (Qahal Yahweh). I never knew Bayit Yahweh was an organization but I know that means House of Yahweh.
Ask as many questions as you would like Quin. I'll try my best to answer what I know.
What I know though is that the time of the gentiles will soon be at an end. Once someone accepts Yahweh then he or she becomes Abraham's adopted (seed) and is no longer a gentile but now a part of Yisra'el.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
Wow... now that's something serious right there. I saw Qahal Yahweh on youtube doing a footwashing service in the the month of Abib. I haven't looked up what Abib means so right now I'm ignorant of that word but will look up later. I saw this other video and they give a pretty good description of what they are going... all I can say is that you guys "ain't" playin'. Smile.

Though it is your beliefs and I don't adhere to it... it at least gives me a better understanding of what you believe, where you are coming from in your own beliefs and why you post strongly about using the hebrew terms Yahweh and Yashua.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

#479725 Jan 23, 2013
Edit: Qahal Yahweh and Assemblies of Yahweh is the same from what I saw. The House of Yahweh is a different sect.

#479726 Jan 23, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
To sum it all up, Jesus said that if we love Him, we will keep His commandments which are love God with all we have, love other people more than we love ourselves, and love other believers as Jesus loved His disciples.
As you stated, there are consequences for being disobedient. And there are rewards for being obedient. So God desires obedience, just as parents desire obedience from their children.
And we should observe what He taught.
Amen.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#479727 Jan 23, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Praise God for Aussies & Pirates.
:)
Amen! I'm rather partial to those as well :D How are you Qu?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#479728 Jan 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Nothing is immoral simply because your bible declares it so.
Your bible is not an adequate moral authority. It advocates many immoral behaviors.
again if you so moral, how come no one bowing down before you? maybe its because frankly many view you your god [reason] and your human secularism not only immoral but offensive.

#479729 Jan 23, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! I'm rather partial to those as well :D How are you Qu?
Hey Juice, I'm doing good... and I hope you are. I see you went through an initiation rite in here a couple days ago. Welcome to the thread. Smile... you made it through that horrible ordeal at least. 2 Corintians 12:9

I'm finally caught up, now I can rest my little wings, lol.

#479730 Jan 23, 2013
REVELATION Study

I. Rev 1:11 Part 8 (bridged with Rev 2:10 continued)

"Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, SMYRNA..."

Rev 1______/TTTTTTTTTTTTT\______Re v 2

II. Lord Jesus: "Do not be afraid OF WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." Rev 2:10

1. Of What You Are About To - Yesterday, the message came about by talking about the subject of being warned AHEAD OF TIME and the message will come about today referencing warnings that God The Father and His Son gave "and gives" to mankind. To His people especially.

A. Now I'm about to go on another tangent and some sub-tangents, but it's all good. I'm using them to shore up the fact that God doesn't change. Just like before, of old, God will warn AHEAD OF TIME even to those especially close to Him 'til the very end. Now speaking of being warned ahead of time, according the The Holy Bible God gives the first warning:

* God: "...but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die." Genesis 2:17

(1) Referencing Gen 2:17 God's children, Adam & Eve, used their autonomy and "made the choice" to eat the fruit of the forbidden tree. They didn't die that day as we would know it... as a matter of fact they went on to live for several hundred years. Now what gives? Did God lie? Well, let's see (and I don't expect everyone to understand this). The above scripture mentioned and what followed after they sinned goes to show that God's concept of death and our concept of death are not necessarily intertwined. In God's view of things, the wages of sin is ----> death. It is a spiritual death in other words. Now being that A&E are triune ---> spirit, soul and body... their spirits died within them "that day" but their soul & body remained in tact for the time being... so their spirits were dead to God. Mankind inherited that framework from A&E of a dead spirit, soul and body... and that is why Jesus used the term "must be born again"... He was referring to a man's "spirit" because it is dead.(Btw, our soul is our consciousness or awareness... our mind, intellect & will)

a. A&E did die that day physically from God's standpoint also. For a day is like a thousand years unto the Lord... wait a sec... reverse that. For a thousand years is like a day unto The Lord!(Psalm 90:4... 2 Peter 3:8) And Adam lived to over 900 years so according to the Lord's timetable, Adam physically died that day... but Adam's & Eve's spirit died that day "immediately" after their sin. So the simple answer is "no" God did not lie and He cannot lie. But God gave them Grace and Mercy.

2 . God warned Cain AHEAD OF TIME to control his bitterness and envy of his brother. But Cain didn't listen and went on to kill his brother Abel.

3. God warned Noah AHEAD OF TIME. And Noah and His family listened and "were saved."

4. Heck, even the devils were warned by God AHEAD OF TIME of their fate:

* Demons: ""What do you want with us, Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us BEFORE THE APPOINTED TIME?" Mt 8:29

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Ann Bonney 970,004
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Ex Lesbian 38,395
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min Toby 104,723
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Anthony MN 641,707
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min X Pendable 182,298
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Not religious 44,406
Sex in the bush 1 hr Country raver 1
More from around the web