Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#479689 Jan 22, 2013
Thank you for the reply.

Excellent points.

BTW, I got a tallit as a Channukah/Christmas present from a dear Christian friend. Love has no religious fences. <smile>
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, you are correct. Remember, anyone within your gates if you are a Shabbat keeper must also keep the Shabbat, likewise the other Commandments. Once a person has accepted the faith of Abraham, then he is no longer a Gentile but now a Hebrew. They are considered Abrahams seed. Some of us are also descendants of the original Hebrews since teh scattering of year 70.
<quoted text>
Yes, but there is slavery and then there is slavery, but you're correct nonetheless.
<quoted text>
And that's fine, but when Cornelius accepted immersion from Simon, he became Hebrew, otherwise, the Noahide Laws may or may not apply. This is why Cornelius was allowed into bayit Yahweh (some interpretations would say synagogue), otherwise a gentile would not be allowed.
<quoted text>
Did he now. Who was Jezeus?
<quoted text>
Understood, correct.
<quoted text>
Modern Judaism is confusion that also incorporates paganism. That infusion of the interlocking up and down triangle called "The Star of David" is quite pagan. Many of the Jews today are secular, but the ones who wear the yarmulke or the kippa as a covering do so because they do not recognize Yashua, and therefore need a covering to go directly to Yahweh. When yashua went to His Father in prayer (Gethsemane) He put His tallit (some say prayer shawl) over His head to go duirectly to His Father. Yashua is the covering of man as man is the covering of a woman. This is why women should wear a Khaffar. In depictions of Mary, she is painted wearing a head covering called a khaffar. The Muslims who understands this principle also have their women wear a khimar or hijab. Christianity who claims to be an Abrahamic religion cares not for the Commandments nor do they practice or resemble anything Abrahamic. pentecostal women cover their heads in church understanding that they must wear covering, but a hat is not what they should be wearing. Christianity is a gentile religion.
I was also not a huge fan of Paul but in all fairness to him and because his "go missions" went into mostly Greco-Roman territories, it was easy to make him look like a villain or look like the one who was non Hebrew and more Roman Catholic (LOL). The Ketuviym or so called New Testament is the most butchered and mistranslated piece of literature we study and call inspired. Fortunately, I still believe the Father's message shone through regardless of what man did to it.
<quoted text>
I agree, and that's quite sad.
Andrew (CS).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#479690 Jan 22, 2013
I'm off to war See you soon.

Ancient Near Eastern kings usually launched their military campaigns in the spring after rainy season had ended.In Assyria kings went out on a new campaign every year or two.Even the Bible mentions such a custom.In the spring of the year the time when kings go forth to battle.(2 Samuel 11:1).

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#479691 Jan 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you just stated that you do not have a god. Then you proceed to tell someone to pray ta Yahwey.
A few days ago(in a discourse with IANS) you said that you were a follower of Jesus. Then you say you are not a christian.
Then you tell someone not to quote scriptures(because they don't interpret them in the light that you do)...and quote the scriptures of the very religion that you say you do not follow, and that you do not have a god.
You can not be trusted for the simple reason that you talk out of both sides of your mouth when it suits your whims.
You are a hypocrite and a liar. That is quite plain to see.
Being a non-Christian (attempted) follower of Jesus and believer in a non-anthropomorphic, non-deity, universal creative force; I would have to say that your perception may be based on a stereotype of "Christinaity". It should be apparent from this thread alone that there is no "Christinaity". There ARE several.

Location hidden

#479692 Jan 22, 2013
Fishing.

Fish were a common food in Bible lands and the Bible talks about many methods of catching them.Several different types of nets are mentioned.Fishhooks also are refered to in Isaiah 18:8 the fishermen cast a hook in the Nile.The spear and harpoon are refered to in Job 41:7

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#479693 Jan 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Phobia means: Persistent fear or anxiety disorder.
Irrelevant. The word was homophobia, not phobia.

Homophobia is an "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals"

Your hatred of homosexuals is apparently based on nothing better than reason than that you think Jesus hates gays, too, which makes it irrational.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I neither fear the gay nor am I anxious about anything for or against or because of them. So the terminology "homophobia" is generally incorrect.
Your hateful treatment of gays qualifies you as a homophobe. The word fits you like a glove.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Homosexuality in any context cannot be a wonderful thing no matter ... it is wrong ... Homosexuality is sick and is a demonic influence.
This is why your church needs to be opposed with vigor and passion.
Counter_Strike wrote:
People will disagree just to disagree anyway.
People are disagreeing with you because you are wrong and they are abhorred by your bigotry. They resent your church for teaching people to think like you do. Me,too. I deeply resent your religion for creating bigots like you to spread its hatred by the millions.

As as a decent and moral unbeliever, I feel a strong moral obligation to resist your disgusting church - to see that institution weakened and silenced.

The plain fact is that the rest of us don't really care who you think that Jesus commands you to hate.

Location hidden

#479694 Jan 22, 2013
Fishing nets.

The New Testament mentions different types of nets used in fishing.These include the small cast net that was thrown out by hand and the large drag that was several hundred yards long and whose two ends were laboriously hauled into shore.Many of Jesus disciples were fishermen and the Bible also mentions the work of maintaining the nets including washing.(Luke 5:2) spreading and drying.(Ezekiel 47:10)and mending.(Matthew 4:21)

Location hidden

#479695 Jan 22, 2013
On Ships.

The Israelites were not seafaring people,but ships and boats are mentioned many times in the Bible.Ships were vessels of commerce and of war in ancient times.The Egyptians painted many picture of their trading ship and warships that crossed the Nile River and the Mediterranean Sea.Assyrian reliefs show many Phoenician ships and other vessels.In later times Roman and Greek cultures were spread in large measure by ships.

Location hidden

#479696 Jan 22, 2013
The Galilee Boat.

Jesus spent much of his time around the Sea of Galilee and even on fishing boats in the sea.In 1985 such a boat from Jesus' time was recovered from the mud of the seabed which was exposed during a drought.The boat would have been rowed by four men could hold up to 15 men and could easily have accommodated Jesus and his disciples.

Fennario

#479697 Jan 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Homosexuality in any context cannot be a wonderful thing no matter ... it is wrong ... Homosexuality is sick and is a demonic influence.
Dr Shrink wrote:
thank you
I start like you and your open mind
very huge similarity of my thoughts
be open,wide spread all the truths,and never use sweet hipocrizy words
if pig is pig,you can not tell pig I LOVE YOU chicken
if moral pervert is moral pervert,homosexual,He is not normal man created by God
That's an open mind to you? You're simply more more human refuse from the same mold, and just another reason to want to see your church crippled and silenced.
Dr Shrink wrote:
only product of fase wordlwide doctrines of fallen christianity, same road walk athism, all perverts, thiefs, murders, alcoholics,huren,adulters, etc...... just only worthy to throw at their head bucket of spiritual urines,or dung
Look at you - more of the filth that your churches generate and flushes onto the streets of America. It's nauseating, and frankly, intolerable.

You people act like its such a mystery that your church is despised by unbelievers. You like to tell one another that you are persecuted for your righteousness.

Nothing could be further from the truth. You are shockingly hateful. Decent people - people that actually do try to live by the Golden Rule, who love one another, and who try to apply compassion and reason to our daily lives - resent the hell out of your church.

You are despised because you despise, not because you speak any truth. And in this case, you will most assuredly reap what you sow. Maybe you can hear it better from Hosea:

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind"

Fennario

#479698 Jan 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I think we can be friends
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You're not doing your part.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I'm not begging your friendship. If it comes, it comes.
Bring it up again when you learn to stop hating people for being what they were born to be, and for loving whomever it is their nature to love.

In the meantime, I see you as a vector for hatred from a church that sells it like the Colonel sells chicken.

Fennario

#479699 Jan 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
If you want to tell me what word you would like used to describe you apart from "Christian," I will try to use that instead. Until you do, Christian is my default position, since you are a poster boy for Christianity's worst ideas.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Sorry, but I won't, so call it what you will.

As you wish.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I've posted it enough times on this thread for all to see.
Apparently not. But it's not an issue. I don't really care. I merely gave you the opportunity to choose what you'd like me to call you. I can choose without your help.
Counter_Strike wrote:
It's a pity it seems you don't read enough or study enough on anything pertaining to this topic or the conversation would have been great.
Not really. What have you brought to it but your beliefs and prejudices, which I have long since rejected?
Counter_Strike wrote:
Except you sound like an automated pre-recording of every skeptic that happened to come into this place, and moan about how left out they feel.
Is that what you think my posts say?

Sorry, but just as with the possibility of a friendship, the ingredients for a great conversation simply aren't present here. What do you think that you bring to the table?

Fennario

#479700 Jan 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
You think if the church vanishes something else wouldn't take its place? How naive.
Naïve? I know that something else will take its place. That's the point. How could it be any other way? The vacuum will be filled by humanism.

I don't expect your church to vanish, nor do I need it to. I just want to see it shrunken to a level of cultural irrelevance. I want to see it lose its voice, and to see Christians values replaced as the dominant cultural norm wherever they differ from humanist values by those humanist values.

For example, I'd like to see your church's atheophobia and homophophia disappear from the culture. I want fewer people like you and Dr Shrink created, and for that fewer number to feel embarrassed to express such opinions, or publicly rebuked when they do.

Fennario

#479701 Jan 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/sheriff- nm-teen-planned-randomly-shoot -people-225652517.html And the mass killers keep getting younger and younger and younger,America. And you people don't expect Barack Obama to do something about this?? It's unfortunate that man has created the kind of environment in the world where he feels that firearms are a MUST. But it is a FACT that firearms are EVIL INVENTIONS borne of man's fears and arrogance. At the rate America's going,.....there's going to be a very violent civil war in this nation. And don't be surprised if Obama allows troops from the UN,from various nations,to come to these shores to battle all of the people not willing to abide by his new measures should they pass.
From your link:

"The New Mexico teenager accused of gunning down five family members over the weekend ambushed his father as he returned home from an overnight shift at a rescue mission, then reloaded his rifles and planned to go to a Wal-Mart and randomly shoot people, authorities said Tuesday.

"Instead, 15-year-old Nehemiah Griego texted a picture of his dead mother to his 12-year-old girlfriend, then spent much of Saturday with the girl and her family, authorities said. That evening, the teen went to the church where his father had been a pastor, and Griego eventually confessed to killing his parents and three younger siblings."

I guess that as Mike Huckabee suggested, the problem must have been the lack of a moment of prayer in his school.:

"Backlash: Mike Huckabee links gun violence with removal of God from schools"
http://twitchy.com/2012/12/14/backlash-mike-h...

Fennario

#479702 Jan 23, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
you are idiot,and great time is to flush your feces(posts) from here shut up your ass(mouth) before shut up,just stick roll of the toliet paper-because you stinks like skunk
if you are not able to read my english foreign symantics,
please?
More beautiful tapestry from the looms of Jesus.
Dr Shrink wrote:
write one word in my language, you dumb butt
Here are six:

Krajšia tapisérie z tká&#269;skych stavov Ježiša.

Fennario

#479703 Jan 23, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
this topic is about Bible,and what Bible say about genders and their moral lifes on this earth

like CS or me are not suitable to seat with such flithiness by one table-(homosexauls and lesbians table of moral viomits)
go to hell
Isn't that beautiful.
Dr Shrink wrote:
if you don'like Scipture,please don't attack person
You are correct. The target should be your church, the source of the filth you pander. You are just its patsy.
Henry

Lugau, Germany

#479704 Jan 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
I'm off to war See you soon.
Ancient Near Eastern kings usually launched their military campaigns in the spring after rainy season had ended.In Assyria kings went out on a new campaign every year or two.Even the Bible mentions such a custom.In the spring of the year the time when kings go forth to battle.(2 Samuel 11:1).
Sorry, but I am extreme sceptical about the history of the bible in the last few 1500 years. There are too many peoples which changed the content of the bible.

Fennario

#479705 Jan 23, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
Those human singles are dear ones in the eyes of God, if I throw at them my spiritual bombs,it doesn;t mean that you,CS,or few others have to follow my way
I appreciate your candor. You probably didn't notice, but I collect spiritual bombs and repost them. Here are three from other Topix Christians posted earlier in this thread:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Some of your beautiful words were added to the list, and will appear the next time I post it.
Dr Shrink wrote:
Army of God have many different types of His spiritual soldiers to fight with demons not with those humans

I discourage anybody to not follow tactics of my thoughts,

AND MY WORKS IS VERY SUCCESFUL.
You're a success with me. Keep posting.

Fennario

#479706 Jan 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Are you saying society should not consider these acts immoral because the bible says so?
Yes.

Nothing is immoral simply because your bible declares it so.

Your bible is not an adequate moral authority. It advocates many immoral behaviors.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#479707 Jan 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning Qu, your boys ( the Panthers ) looked pretty good at the end of the season finishing 7-9 and winning their last 5 games of the season, don't give up on them yet, next season could be much better, remember Cam Newton is a force.(C:
Good Morning Bruh... they're horrible, I'm sorry.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#479708 Jan 23, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Quin,
Thanks for the above post(and links), actually learned something new here today:)
Caused me to investigate House of Yahweh(had heard of them)and find they came out of WWCOG (Armstrongism),still adhere to some of ol' Herbert's doctrine.
And correct, no connection to AOY, which,incidentally, is headquartered not far from me and had the opportunity to go to their,er,"compound". They did have their origin with the Sacred Name Movement but veered off on their own.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assemblies_of_Ya...
http://www.assembliesofyahweh.com/
I recall after first becoming a believer I would hear some in certain circles use the Hebrew names of God and Jesus in conversation, almost as if it were a "holier" thing it do; a certain 'chic-ness' about it- came of haughty to me at the time. Now ,I don't write to offend any , just relating prior observations. If one cares to use them, their prerogative; but I don't see it as something of efficacious, nor should it be commanded as such.
You have a great day...
Good Morning Jack... Praise God. Finally had a chance to go way back. Apologize for the lateness. I found the links interesting as the AoY consider themselves the same as the Nazarenes. Because they made this claim I wanted to learn more about the Nazarenes. I went to another link about The Nazarenes and it gave some good insight that and some other sects during the early church period.

http://www.yashanet.com/library/temple/nazare...

Welp, gonna go forward from your post onwards... but I'm sure a lot of posts will simply be fly-over country that will only be graced by the shadow of my wings.. smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Lbj 47,702
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min VIKING 971,534
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Charles 646,290
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 13 min Kuku 31
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min WildWeirdWillie 182,613
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 44 min Scottish man 8
topic sex forum gone? 58 min milfmonica 16
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr USA-1 38,710
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Ficken Facts 105,566
More from around the web