Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#479675 Jan 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that you and RiversideRedneck tend to underestimate what is going on here. This is an epitome of a much larger process
<quoted text>
That number may be accurate, but it's not enough. I can assure you that I have shared much of what I've learned here in other venues, such as the freethinkers group I belong to locally, where I speak and write.
And I bring much of what I learn there here.
Did you see the wave analogy?
I dont deny there are things that can be taken from our time on Topix or I wouldnt even bother and of course if even a small percentage benefitted from an exchange it would make it worthwhile so people have a vested interest in trying to present their position as best they can. But I think it would be a mixture of both hubris and denial not to acknowledge many of these exchanges devolve into nothing more than a battle of egos. I dont deny my own contributions to this culture in the past but am making an effort to leave it there.
endtime

AOL

#479676 Jan 22, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#479677 Jan 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yer mother must'a been quite a woman an sis. Sounds like ya got some real good folks. That's what makes goodness shine fer all the darkness, an lets folks see that love an kindness is the stuff that binds brothers, an hate that ruins 'em.
I could'a went back ta Germany when I hit 21(dual citizenship) but ther was none of what ya jist showed there fer me, so I let it slip away.
My clan have all passed,I am the last one.Been that way for past thirty years.Had grand set of parents.Was some grand times too.Now I just walk in memory lane of the happy time.Sometimes when something slip away is for the best,One door closes and another door opens.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#479678 Jan 22, 2013
Good evening everyone.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#479679 Jan 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
My clan have all passed,I am the last one.Been that way for past thirty years.Had grand set of parents.Was some grand times too.Now I just walk in memory lane of the happy time.Sometimes when something slip away is for the best,One door closes and another door opens.
Ya. Me too. I still got my little sis, an my daughter an grankids, but all my elders is all gone. I don't worry none 'bout the com'n or go'n no more. I know it's gonna hurt my lil' girl real bad when I close the book(we're real close), an I'm the last one over her. She promised ta send me off on a full pyre, like they used ta way back in the day fer the seadogs. LOL!

Location hidden

#479681 Jan 22, 2013
Biblical Merchants.

Many different types of merchants produced product for sale which were often sold at the city gate.In larger cities tradespeople of the same trade lived in the same neighbood.So there would be potters' section of town,the food market,the cheesemakers'valley and so on.Nehemiah mentions the Towers of the Ovens which suggest bakeries clustered together.(Nehemiah 3:11)

Location hidden

#479682 Jan 22, 2013
The trades.
Carpenters and woodworkers made homes,tools for farming,and weapons for war.Many workers worked in quarries and mines,digging for stone,salt,iron,copper,gold,si lver,and other minerals.Many people became metal workers,shaping tools,weapons and jewelry.Potters also were very important.Indeed broken pottery is one of the most common things found in ancient towns during archaeological excavations.

Location hidden

#479683 Jan 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Biblical Merchants.
Many different types of merchants produced product for sale which were often sold at the city gate.In larger cities tradespeople of the same trade lived in the same neighbood.So there would be potters' section of town,the food market,the cheesemakers'valley and so on.Nehemiah mentions the Towers of the Ovens which suggest bakeries clustered together.(Nehemiah 3:11)
I suppose that would be most likely. Resources was hard ta come by, an everyone would fare better in common property. That's the mainstay fer the Essenes too. That's where yer Jesus got his values y'know. His teach'ns was a reflection o' ther lifestlye.

Location hidden

#479684 Jan 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya. Me too. I still got my little sis, an my daughter an grankids, but all my elders is all gone. I don't worry none 'bout the com'n or go'n no more. I know it's gonna hurt my lil' girl real bad when I close the book(we're real close), an I'm the last one over her. She promised ta send me off on a full pyre, like they used ta way back in the day fer the seadogs. LOL!
All the clan I spung boarded off of is passed.However I do have honey,daughter,son and two grandsons all adults.Of course I left my mark in the children and the children in the grandchildren.So a piece of me will remain when I pass the torch to them.In the meantime I going to grab every last ounce of what life has to offer and be a firecraker while I'm at it.lol.Ya do know for every ten years you live it completes a chapter of your life.So the older you get the larger the book gets.When I get old I going out and play like a kid with no second thoughts.lol Geez man ya only go around once.Jibber needs to give you some lessons.lol lol.I still think he a hunk.

Location hidden

#479685 Jan 22, 2013
Well, I gotta go crawl int'a the iron maiden. You have a pleasn't nite lil' whispers.

Location hidden

#479686 Jan 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Well, I gotta go crawl int'a the iron maiden. You have a pleasn't nite lil' whispers.
Sweet dreams Captain.
Now do not make too many
sea waves with that snoring.
cause you wake jibber up
Good night.

Location hidden

#479687 Jan 22, 2013
The Job market.

The basic occupations during bibical times were the ones that provided food and shelter.Farmers and shepherds provided food for the people to eat.Women prepared and cooked the food and they made cloth out of animal hair,from which they made clothes and tents.Builder built houses and palaces for people to live in.

Location hidden

#479688 Jan 22, 2013
Bibical Barbers.

The Bible records sever actual incidents of cutting hair.Samson's lover Delilah betrayed him by having a man cut off his hair while Samson slept.Job shave his head when he mourned.An Ammonite king humilated David's servants by shaving half their heads.Ezekiel was to shave his head and burn or scatter the hair in a symobolic act.The Apostle Paul cut his hair after takin a Nazirite vow.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#479689 Jan 22, 2013
Thank you for the reply.

Excellent points.

BTW, I got a tallit as a Channukah/Christmas present from a dear Christian friend. Love has no religious fences. <smile>
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, you are correct. Remember, anyone within your gates if you are a Shabbat keeper must also keep the Shabbat, likewise the other Commandments. Once a person has accepted the faith of Abraham, then he is no longer a Gentile but now a Hebrew. They are considered Abrahams seed. Some of us are also descendants of the original Hebrews since teh scattering of year 70.
<quoted text>
Yes, but there is slavery and then there is slavery, but you're correct nonetheless.
<quoted text>
And that's fine, but when Cornelius accepted immersion from Simon, he became Hebrew, otherwise, the Noahide Laws may or may not apply. This is why Cornelius was allowed into bayit Yahweh (some interpretations would say synagogue), otherwise a gentile would not be allowed.
<quoted text>
Did he now. Who was Jezeus?
<quoted text>
Understood, correct.
<quoted text>
Modern Judaism is confusion that also incorporates paganism. That infusion of the interlocking up and down triangle called "The Star of David" is quite pagan. Many of the Jews today are secular, but the ones who wear the yarmulke or the kippa as a covering do so because they do not recognize Yashua, and therefore need a covering to go directly to Yahweh. When yashua went to His Father in prayer (Gethsemane) He put His tallit (some say prayer shawl) over His head to go duirectly to His Father. Yashua is the covering of man as man is the covering of a woman. This is why women should wear a Khaffar. In depictions of Mary, she is painted wearing a head covering called a khaffar. The Muslims who understands this principle also have their women wear a khimar or hijab. Christianity who claims to be an Abrahamic religion cares not for the Commandments nor do they practice or resemble anything Abrahamic. pentecostal women cover their heads in church understanding that they must wear covering, but a hat is not what they should be wearing. Christianity is a gentile religion.
I was also not a huge fan of Paul but in all fairness to him and because his "go missions" went into mostly Greco-Roman territories, it was easy to make him look like a villain or look like the one who was non Hebrew and more Roman Catholic (LOL). The Ketuviym or so called New Testament is the most butchered and mistranslated piece of literature we study and call inspired. Fortunately, I still believe the Father's message shone through regardless of what man did to it.
<quoted text>
I agree, and that's quite sad.
Andrew (CS).

Location hidden

#479690 Jan 22, 2013
I'm off to war See you soon.

Ancient Near Eastern kings usually launched their military campaigns in the spring after rainy season had ended.In Assyria kings went out on a new campaign every year or two.Even the Bible mentions such a custom.In the spring of the year the time when kings go forth to battle.(2 Samuel 11:1).

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#479691 Jan 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you just stated that you do not have a god. Then you proceed to tell someone to pray ta Yahwey.
A few days ago(in a discourse with IANS) you said that you were a follower of Jesus. Then you say you are not a christian.
Then you tell someone not to quote scriptures(because they don't interpret them in the light that you do)...and quote the scriptures of the very religion that you say you do not follow, and that you do not have a god.
You can not be trusted for the simple reason that you talk out of both sides of your mouth when it suits your whims.
You are a hypocrite and a liar. That is quite plain to see.
Being a non-Christian (attempted) follower of Jesus and believer in a non-anthropomorphic, non-deity, universal creative force; I would have to say that your perception may be based on a stereotype of "Christinaity". It should be apparent from this thread alone that there is no "Christinaity". There ARE several.

Location hidden

#479692 Jan 22, 2013
Fishing.

Fish were a common food in Bible lands and the Bible talks about many methods of catching them.Several different types of nets are mentioned.Fishhooks also are refered to in Isaiah 18:8 the fishermen cast a hook in the Nile.The spear and harpoon are refered to in Job 41:7

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#479693 Jan 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Phobia means: Persistent fear or anxiety disorder.
Irrelevant. The word was homophobia, not phobia.

Homophobia is an "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals"

Your hatred of homosexuals is apparently based on nothing better than reason than that you think Jesus hates gays, too, which makes it irrational.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I neither fear the gay nor am I anxious about anything for or against or because of them. So the terminology "homophobia" is generally incorrect.
Your hateful treatment of gays qualifies you as a homophobe. The word fits you like a glove.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Homosexuality in any context cannot be a wonderful thing no matter ... it is wrong ... Homosexuality is sick and is a demonic influence.
This is why your church needs to be opposed with vigor and passion.
Counter_Strike wrote:
People will disagree just to disagree anyway.
People are disagreeing with you because you are wrong and they are abhorred by your bigotry. They resent your church for teaching people to think like you do. Me,too. I deeply resent your religion for creating bigots like you to spread its hatred by the millions.

As as a decent and moral unbeliever, I feel a strong moral obligation to resist your disgusting church - to see that institution weakened and silenced.

The plain fact is that the rest of us don't really care who you think that Jesus commands you to hate.

Location hidden

#479694 Jan 22, 2013
Fishing nets.

The New Testament mentions different types of nets used in fishing.These include the small cast net that was thrown out by hand and the large drag that was several hundred yards long and whose two ends were laboriously hauled into shore.Many of Jesus disciples were fishermen and the Bible also mentions the work of maintaining the nets including washing.(Luke 5:2) spreading and drying.(Ezekiel 47:10)and mending.(Matthew 4:21)

Location hidden

#479695 Jan 22, 2013
On Ships.

The Israelites were not seafaring people,but ships and boats are mentioned many times in the Bible.Ships were vessels of commerce and of war in ancient times.The Egyptians painted many picture of their trading ship and warships that crossed the Nile River and the Mediterranean Sea.Assyrian reliefs show many Phoenician ships and other vessels.In later times Roman and Greek cultures were spread in large measure by ships.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gen. Mattis Is Trump's SecDef Pick. Why That Is... 1 min Moans6157 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Clearwater 88,497
The Orwellian War on Skepticism 5 min Mistress7095 2
Quote of the Day: There's No Such Thing as Fact... 9 min Dolly6807 2
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 14 min Sparks2099 2,062
Bruce Lee practising Wing Chun in San Francisco 18 min Humps1995 2
News Sean Hannity offers to fly Obama to Kenya - and... 27 min Areola4913 5
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 1 hr Linda 69 104
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ2 284,696
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 45,864
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Luke Whitaker 977,507
More from around the web