Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
Herod the Fox.
Metaphors are figures of speech in which a term describing a certain object is used to decribe something else for the purpose of making a vivid comparison.This was rhetorical device that Jesus often used.He called King Herod that fox.(Luke 13:32)He called himself the bread of life.(John 6:35) and the true vine (John 15:1)He even called some who came to follow him you brood of vipers.(Luke 3:7).
It's an extremely common literary device in your bible:

A fisher of men
The good shepherd and his flock
A thief in the night
The bride of Christ
The apple of your eye
A lamp unto my feet
A city set on a hill

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome. I loved my daddy and miss him so much but I cant imagine losing my mom. I know that we don't always see eye to eye on things but we are all brothers and sisters and should help one another whenever we can. Can we just forgive and agree to disagree on our differences and just spread the Love of God to others? That should be our main goal. Do you agree?:)
And I'm sorry about the loss of your father as well, but it sounds like from your post that you are much closer to your mom than you were your dad, a situation that I also share, the worst thing for me personally concerning my mother was to watch her suffer multiple illnesses and being unable to do anything to help her ir at least help easing her pain and suffering, it was frustrating to watch and her quality of life was absolute zero, she wasn't even able to respond to myself or to anyone else, the support of our churches Pastor and general overseer and the saints were very instrumental in helping me past my grief along with a few relatives as well.

Yes..........I would like to simply agree to disagree more in the spirit of peace ( which is what we should all do ) and just focus our lives on the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you for the feedback GW and God Bless you and yours.(c:

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Does thinking make your brain hurt? Here; have a D.P. Gumby kerchief for your head, maybe that'll help.
LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch... [D. P. Gumby - My Brain Hurts]

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami *Smiles* I liked this it was wonderful like you I too am a minor Jazz fan. What memories do you have of New Orleans? May I ask where you were born? And if this question does not make you uncorfortable what was your childhood like?
I visited New Orleans for a few days in 2002, before Katrina.

My most vivid memory is visiting Sammy's for dinner, where one of our party ordered beer in a frosted mug. The waiter, who didn't know us at all, just looked at him and said, "You in Nawlins now, motherf**ker," meaning "No."

The phrase delighted us so much that we have adapted it to our present home, which has been Mexico for the last three years. When things seem a little odd to us, or somebody asks "Why?," the complete answer is "You in Mexico now, mofo."

We spent two nights at the Wyndam Whitney on Poydras and Camp Sts. The restaurants we visited besides Sammy’s included Felix’s, Mother’s and Café Bignet. We visited the aquarium, St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 and the gravesite of voodooist Marie Leveaux, and guzzled hurricanes and daiquiri’s on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter. I was carded at Harrah's and denied entrance because I had left my ID in the hotel safe.

I was born in Culver City, California, and have been a Californian most of my life, although I went to university in Ohio for many years, served in the military in the D.C and Maryland area for a few years, and lived and worked in rural Missouri for eleven years, from whence I retired to México in 2009.

My parents were also unbelievers, and I was raised without religion except during adolescence, when my divorced mother remarried a failed rabbinical student, and I had a taste of Judaism, including Chanukah menorahs, Passover seders, separate sets of dishes, and a bar mitzvah for which I learned to read (but not understand) Hebrew. It was unpleasant for me.

I became a zealous Christian from about 1974 - age 20 - until the early eighties.

Hope that answers your questions, and thank you for your interest.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
the worst thing for me personally concerning my mother was to watch her suffer multiple illnesses and being unable to do anything to help her or at least help easing her pain and suffering, it was frustrating to watch and her quality of life was absolute zero

the support of our churches Pastor and general overseer and the saints were very instrumental in helping me past my grief along with a few relatives as well.
Did your pastor or anybody else tell you about or recommend hospice? Nobody needs to suffer like that at the end of life.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your pastor or anybody else tell you about or recommend hospice? Nobody needs to suffer like that at the end of life.
I am well aware of hospice and she was on that program, thank you.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Good

Morning****

“The world is still full of folks that want peace.”

~ Missionary Mary Proctor

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.

Psalm 103:8

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I am well aware of hospice and she was on that program, thank you.
I remember Scott.....I could see your Love for your Mother.

May God be with you and comfort you

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

P
E
A
C
E

Talk to ya later

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

The writing of God.

The Bible claims to be the word of God.However some passages mention God's writing explicitly.
The Ten Commandments were written with the finger of God.(Exodus 31:18)they were the writing of God(Exodus 31:16)The pattern for the Temple is described as the writing from the hand of the Lord.(1 Chroncicles 28:19)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

A strange Ramine.

The prophet Amos gives a startlingly vivid picture of what conditions would soon be like in Israel because of it rejection of the Lord.I will send a famine on the land;not a famine of bread but of hearing words of the Lord they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord but they shall not find it.(Amos 8:11&12)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Correction should read a strange Famine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

A strange meal.

On two occasions biblical characters ate a scroll that contained God's words as a symbol of internalizing them;the prophet Ezekiel(Ezekiel 2:8 and 3:3)and the apostle John (Revelation 10:9&10) In both cases it tasted "Sweet as honey" which echoes the words of Psalm 119:103 "How sweet are thy words to my taste sweeter than honey to my mouth".

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
OK, thanks, counselor.
Would you consider Jehovah's negligence in the Garden depraved indifference? That is, could the eternal torture of billions of souls that resulted from an omniscient deity leaving innocents unattended with a malicious supervillain be considered depraved indifference in the legal sense? Does this differ from reckless negligence?
In our society, yes, Jehovah's conduct would rise to that criminal level. In California the legal term is "wilful and wanton misconduct."

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, in this case let us compromise on this, please tell me if this works for you.Sora and I shall pray and hope and as for yourself please hope we suceed, does this sound reeasonable?:)
This will work for me.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Scott.....I could see your Love for your Mother.
May God be with you and comfort you
Thank you Epi. You have a Blessed day.(c:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Avast, me bucko. I've got a couple of jokes for you and the rest of your scurvy crew here:
[1] Yer Cap'n has been asked many times about his various battle scars, like the time some able-bodied seaman met me in a bar, and we began taking turns recounting our adventures at sea. Noting the me peg-leg, hook, and eye patch, the seaman asks yer Cap'n, "So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?"
I replies: "We was caught in a monster storm off the cape and a giant wave swept me overboard. Just as they were pullin' me out a school of sharks appeared and one of 'em bit me leg off".
"Blimey!" said the seaman. "What about the hook"?
"Ahhhh...", I mused, "We were boardin' a trader ship, pistols blastin' and swords swingin' this way and that. In the fracas me hand got chopped off."
"Zounds!", remarked the seaman. "And how came ye by the eye patch?""
”A sea gull droppin' fell into me eye", I told him.
"You lost yer eye to a sea gull dropping?", the sailor asked incredulously.
"Well..." I sheepishly replied, "it was me first day with the hook."
==========
[2] Recently, yer Cap'n was needin' more hands following the last raid, which was met with fierce resistance from the crown's fleet, and many were lost. So, I placed an ad for some new hearties saying, "Pirate wanted, apply to Cap'n Peg-Leg at the docks. Will train the right person"
A man who was looking fer a job comes across me ad in the classifieds and finds me there looking every bit a pirate as ye know, with me parrot on shoulder, hook-hand, peg-leg, and me eye patch. He looked like he were stout enough, so I says "I'll hire ye" and begin to describe the job to him.
"On Mondays, we go out to sea, find a ship, loot the ship, come back into port and get so hammered we throw up all over ourselves. Sounds like a good job don't it, me bucko?"
Stammering, the man says to me "Actually captain, I'm not much of a drinker. I don't know that I would like that very much."
"Well, " I says, "Perhaps ye will like what we do on a Tuesday just a little bit better, then. We go out, find a ship, loot the ship, come back to port, get stinkin' drunk, find us some lasses and rape every one! Sounds like a good job now, doesn’t it, matey?"
The man again stammers his reply: "As I said, I really don't drink that much. Plus, I've never raped a woman, and I don't think I would like that either."
I look at him all quizzercal with me one good eye and asks him, "Ye not be some sort of a homersexual, are ye, me bucko?"
"No! No I'm not!!" the man objected strenuously.
"Oh well, then" I tells him " I don't think yer gonna like Wednesdays very much, either."
Hahahah! Blimey! These is the twisters what spins o'er the tops o' wahskey kegs an meadhead when the likes o' true buckaroos gits ta partake o' fine company! Take head! Next time we slips the Maiden through the Panama ditch we'll lower sails long 'nuff ta steal ya away ta the Rum Runner's congress o' tales an ales festival! Yer demean sets a harty air o' fine discourse fer the royal gather o' refined seamanship's assembly o' records past an present. Welcome aboard mate!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe a specific language was created with the first human beings and I don't believe it's "ugh". I believe Adam named many of the plants and animals and both he and Eve were possibly able to effectively communicate with them and they with Adam and Eve.
Andrew (CS).
So, Ya believe that the account in Genesis is "literal"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you
I learned one more positive lesson about you
You are not hipocrtie,double face sweet to others,
and you have guts to post straight what you think,
great day for you
It's good ta see ya post somth'n positive DS!
Keep it up!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 461,461 - 461,480 of598,726
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

639 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min eternalrock 716,317
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min CunningLinguist 223,136
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Strength and Honor 171,434
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 14 min RFD 1,399
Sarah Palin: 'It's Time to Impeach' 17 min Xavier Breath 7
Which is the Best SAP ABAP institute in hyderab... (Nov '12) 24 min satyam 28
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Liam 529,852
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 255,652
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••