Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#479574 Jan 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Did you think that you were teaching love?
Yes, but it's tough love. The type of love you want to hear is where any and everything goes. Everything is accepted or tolerated and the Law is shattered ito a billion tiny shards and swept away into the rubbish bin of "need to forget". Where there are rules, everyone won't be happy. Unfortunately you're one who the rules affect negatively so you want to do away with them. It doesn't mean I don't love you, it doesn't mean that I want to see you beaten up and driven off. It doesn't mean if you were hungry I wouldn't feed you or if you were in danger I wouldn't help you. It doesn't eman that. It means that you must change your ways in order to be at peace with yourself and with others or you will not find true forgiveness, nor will you be willing to forgive. there are no exceptions to the rule (LAW).
I would call that the church, and not religion per se. The church is the instrument for indoctrinating the religion, and its purpose is to accumulate wealth and political power.
Sounds like you have a vendetta against the church. Islam does not accept homosexuality nor witches, neither does Judaism and Bahai and to an extent Buddhism. So it seems you only have a thing against Christianity. You sound no better. You sound like you're filled with hate. there seems to be much anger inside you.
I don't really care about that, just as I haven't cared about any of the infighting going on in this thread. My concern is with how the church adversely affects the lives of unbelievers without their permission.
Then you're wasting your time. If you truly cared then you would be in town hall meetings and discussions with the clergy. Besides, in the ending of days, thw lives of unbelievers will be dramatically affected anyway.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#479575 Jan 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Captain;
Jibber is one glosso handsome dude.Small wonder the gals go ape over him and allow him to play with the bows.lol
Now look what ya done! He read that! Now he's a strutt'n round like he jist won the lottery! Mumbl'n someth'n 'bout he jist felled in love, or some such jibberish. LOL!
Hahahah! An he's a hold'n up his shot glass ta toast it too! Hahahahah!
I thinks ya jist garnered yerself a permanant fan TOO!

Location hidden

#479576 Jan 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I post only THE TRUTH
the Truth is not only ugly,but also positive,
like Jesus said to Pilatus
I CAME TO THIS WORLD BEAR WITNESS ABOUT THE TRUTH
if you changed awatar,you made noble thing,and show your humble nature
shadel(skull) is old nazi ss symbol, and is not nicely seen in this 21 century,esspecialy with light of (shadel) shiny skull death
Done in your honour sir. I have no intent in causing you any personal discomfort, and that obviously did(and I truly understand your response to it) and apologize for that discomfort.

Peace

BT42

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479577 Jan 22, 2013
And there it is again.
Incidentally, any statement you make that begins with an unshared premise is rejected. You need to establish the existence of this "Almighty Father" before you can start assigning attributes and intents to it.
Sorry, I wonder what makes you think I NEED to do anything for you. I don't NEED to prove He exists for you or for anyone. It is either you're convinced in your heart and are willing to reach out to Him or you're not.

So don't get it warped, I already know He exists and so do many others. If you don't believe that is not my problem. If you don't want to listen or even at least entertain He exists is not my problem either. The Most High Creator never told anyone to try and force people to believe in Him. Many do more harm than good by doing that very same thing.

All I can do is attempt to share my conviction with you, give you my testimony and declare His name. If you refuse, then you simply refuse. I won't wrestle anyone to be convinced. If you purpose yourself to drown and I fish you out of the drink this minute, then by the time I leave you could go drown yourself, which means; if you have purposed in your heart to be cast off and be separated from Him and His people, then this is your choice.
How shrewd of your god to allow that.
Why does he always behave in exactly the way that he would if he didn't exist? Can you answer that?
because you wouldn't see it any other way. You're so blinded by your own contempt that even if a logical and well put together argument came your way, you would utterly fail to see it. Even if you want to see yourself and special and elevated, then take yourself off the one legged pedestal before you fall, and stand on a dung hill. You have to allow yourself to think broader than that.
I keep reading about how he allows us free will because he doesn't want robots, he won't show himself because he wants you to believe on faith, he permits blasphemy for who knows what reason, he is allowing his church to melt away because it was prophesied, and now, that he lets his church splinter and bicker so that we can "see how flawed the idea really is".
So what's wrong with the argument? You sound a bit upset because the answers you were given weren't actually worse.

:)

Andrew (CS).

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#479579 Jan 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Done in your honour sir. I have no intent in causing you any personal discomfort, and that obviously did(and I truly understand your response to it) and apologize for that discomfort.
Peace
BT42
For you;

http://www.google.com.au/search...

<3

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#479580 Jan 22, 2013
Good Afternoon Everybody,

Hey CS, I didn't read back too much and have a lot of catching up to do but I ran across your posts about your father... I'm sorry to hear about his passing.

DoC... I didn't see the actual post mentioning that he passed but saw some posts addressing it. I didn't know him, perhaps I've posted to him once or twice (I can't remember) but in reading some of his posts every once in a while... and in reading his first post in WINLAC, he was very good at putting his exact thoughts into words. God loved him.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#479581 Jan 22, 2013
REVELATION Study

I. Rev 1:11 Part 8 (bridged with Rev 2:10)

"Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, SMYRNA..."

Rev 1______/TTTTTTTTTTTTT\______Re v 2

II. Lord Jesus: "Do not be afraid OF WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." Rev 2:10

1. Of What You Are About To - <----- mmmmm... What's beautiful about that and which I almost overlooked... is that Jesus gave them a warning of things to come AHEAD OF TIME. Now of course, it's good to get a warning ahead of time? For example, let's say you are a good manager, you are good to the people who work for you and yet.. you are also very loyal to the company. It's just simple business practice to be less familiar, sometimes a pain in the butt with your people because you run a tight ship. But they still respect you as you've been there for years and deservedly worked your way to the top. You've received awards, bonuses and the whole nine... and you're in good with the rest of the big wigs. So you get word from above that your company is about to go through another round of corporate layoffs and this time it will cut deep. It's necessary in order to keep the company afloat. So all the managers are told this in confidence AHEAD OF TIME to prepare and you're told that your position is safe. So later, you receive some of the names from Human Resourses to let you know which of the positions will be terminated, you're reminded about the termination process and told not to let anyone know AHEAD OF TIME as it could lead to sabotage which would affect their customer's orders. So you put your glasses on and you look at the list... you read off some names quietly and sounds like you are humming to yourself... so you put down the list for a second and you're shocked. You say to yourself, quietly... "Heh, how can they get rid of ol' Fred here? Or Cynthia? They've been here for a long time and my best workers!" And you notice some other people of your workers are on the pink slip list... you're reminded in your thoughts about some that through office counseling some are struggling with their paycheck and have families. So anyways, as pained as you are to see this and being the staunch professional that you have been for so long now, you tell yourself that this is just business and carry on the workday as usual. Now, it is possible that you could've tipped your hat a little to give some type of warning AHEAD OF TIME but you don't want to chance it getting back to you, so you want no problems and it's just business. So the day finally arrives and you follow the H.R. Dept. guidelines to a tee and (of course) it breaks your heart... and the workload slows down as people are sad to see their co-workers go. So you've finally done the deed, you sit and lean way back in your chair to contemplate what just happened and thank God that you and your family are safe. <<<ring ring... ring ring>>> Your office phone rings.... "Hey boss... <<<muffled voice on speaker>>> you want to see me? I'll be right there...<<<voice on speaker>>> uh, Kate from H.R. is there???"

2. Now of course I went off on a tangent.... but Jesus is not like the manager in the above situation. His Father isn't even like that... God gives us a warning ahead of time and has been doing so sinced Adam and Eve...

Continued...>>>

Location hidden

#479582 Jan 22, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
For you;
http://www.google.com.au/search...
<3
That's sweet of ya sis. More than this ole' seadog deserves.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#479583 Jan 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Now look what ya done! He read that! Now he's a strutt'n round like he jist won the lottery! Mumbl'n someth'n 'bout he jist felled in love, or some such jibberish. LOL!
Hahahah! An he's a hold'n up his shot glass ta toast it too! Hahahahah!
I thinks ya jist garnered yerself a permanant fan TOO!
Awee if he thinks he is in love no harm done,tis a good feeling,
Jibber is a handsome hunk,wonder what he think of a gift of strawberry,pecan nuts,almond nuts and Kiwi(peeled)cause handsome hunks like him need to be spoiled.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#479584 Jan 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
It means that you must change your ways in order to be at peace with yourself and with others or you will not find true forgiveness, nor will you be willing to forgive. there are no exceptions to the rule (LAW).
Andrew (CS).
Yet despite your claims of "tough love"...professing that you hand out truth...in the last several years of knowing you...I have not once seen you be at peace...not at peace with those around you...nor even with yourself.

I will leave it at that.

Location hidden

#479587 Jan 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Awee if he thinks he is in love no harm done,tis a good feeling,
Jibber is a handsome hunk,wonder what he think of a gift of strawberry,pecan nuts,almond nuts and Kiwi(peeled)cause handsome hunks like him need to be spoiled.
Ya. Them is all good fer the cuss. He's a spoiled bloke, he is. he prefers a sip o' Jim Beam Black or Devils cut afore retir'n ...don't try ta insult 'em with no cheap liquor--he throws it right in yer face(that's the pirate in 'em)!
Ther was a time I tried ta break 'em of his cuss'n(picked it up from assay meetn's o' the Royal Sefarers Clan no doubt).

Ther was this priest what used ta come by fer his weekly ration o' "shinola spirits" what had two female parrots what was always say'n prayers an do'n that stuff that the cahtaholics does with ther rosaries an such. I mentioned ta the feller that it might be good if'n ole' Jibbers was a little less offensive with his discourse(specially around the "saved"). He figgered that maybe I could bring ole' Jibbers ta his place, an his (respictable) birds could learn 'em some proper habits.
So the very next sunday, I toted ole' Jibber up the priest's cabin, an we proceeded ta intraduce Jibber ta the "saints". Heh heh heh...
The very moment ole' Jibbers wrapped his feets on the perch right 'tween the "saints", the first one drops her rosaries an looks at the other gal an says===Ya kin put yer beads away an quit pray'n sis---our prayers is been answered!!! Hahahahah! The priest an meself become stalwart friends that very day.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#479589 Jan 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Annie. You ready to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour today?
Nope...not interested. Thank you however for offering.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479595 Jan 22, 2013
And here we have a marriage of two great ideas from Christianity: your AWOL god sits back and watches to demonstrate to man that he is incompetent.
First of all, He's not a god. I do not have a god. Are you visually impared or something? Second; I would rather you have some manners. If you can keep it clean and a little bit respectful, then I can engage you in a conversation properly. If you can't, then I fail to see why you even want a conversation.
Really? The brotherhood of man is a humanist value, as are hope for mankind, and the pursuit of knowledge.
Utter rubbish, unless you're talking about being brothers and bussom buddies with the gays, witches, bestial sex practitioners and cross dressers.
Let me share a little scripture with you:
"You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God." - James 4:4
“If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”-Jesus (Luke 14:26)
"For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." - 1 Corinthians 1:19
You need to stop quoting scripture because you lack understanding:
James 4:2-5

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

The translation of Luke 14:26-27 is poor but the understanding is there. Which basically means, desire the Savior and His Kingdom above all others, even your parents, wife and children.

Don't just read 1 Corinthians 1:19, read through to verse 24 to get the full understanding. Don't just pick out a verse and believe you have 1 up on anybody. Basically, the Father gave wisdom but they became wise then recognized not He who gave wisdom.

It says in verse 20:

20. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

It says the Jews require a sign and the Greek seek after widom (verse 22) but are both without the wisdom of the Savior Yashua.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479596 Jan 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Are you saying that language is not learned, but just sprung instantly, from instinct?
Not from instinct Mr. Catcher, but utterance was given unto men.

Andrew (CS).

Location hidden

#479597 Jan 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Did you know that ONE MILLION earths will fit inside the sun?! ONE MILLION!! And the sun was created by the same Person who gave His life for the human race at the Holy Cross of Calvary. And that's for REAL.
Mineisit really is pretty awesome huh?!

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479598 Jan 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
The "Ten Commandments" were given only to the Hebrews.
Indeed, you are correct. Remember, anyone within your gates if you are a Shabbat keeper must also keep the Shabbat, likewise the other Commandments. Once a person has accepted the faith of Abraham, then he is no longer a Gentile but now a Hebrew. They are considered Abrahams seed. Some of us are also descendants of the original Hebrews since teh scattering of year 70.
G_O_D wrote:
Exodus infered that slavery was a sin for everyone.
Yes, but there is slavery and then there is slavery, but you're correct nonetheless.
G_O_D wrote:
The Noahide Laws were Rabbinical interpretations of what a Gentile in Hebrew lands should obey.
And that's fine, but when Cornelius accepted immersion from Simon, he became Hebrew, otherwise, the Noahide Laws may or may not apply. This is why Cornelius was allowed into bayit Yahweh (some interpretations would say synagogue), otherwise a gentile would not be allowed.
G_O_D wrote:
Jesus added "Love your enemies".
Did he now. Who was Jezeus?
G_O_D wrote:
Maimonides codified the 613 commandments of Judaism in the Middle Ages.
Understood, correct.
G_O_D wrote:
Modern Judaism is actually Maimodinism as Modern Christianity is actually Paulinism.
Modern Judaism is confusion that also incorporates paganism. That infusion of the interlocking up and down triangle called "The Star of David" is quite pagan. Many of the Jews today are secular, but the ones who wear the yarmulke or the kippa as a covering do so because they do not recognize Yashua, and therefore need a covering to go directly to Yahweh. When yashua went to His Father in prayer (Gethsemane) He put His tallit (some say prayer shawl) over His head to go duirectly to His Father. Yashua is the covering of man as man is the covering of a woman. This is why women should wear a Khaffar. In depictions of Mary, she is painted wearing a head covering called a khaffar. The Muslims who understands this principle also have their women wear a khimar or hijab. Christianity who claims to be an Abrahamic religion cares not for the Commandments nor do they practice or resemble anything Abrahamic. pentecostal women cover their heads in church understanding that they must wear covering, but a hat is not what they should be wearing. Christianity is a gentile religion.

I was also not a huge fan of Paul but in all fairness to him and because his "go missions" went into mostly Greco-Roman territories, it was easy to make him look like a villain or look like the one who was non Hebrew and more Roman Catholic (LOL). The Ketuviym or so called New Testament is the most butchered and mistranslated piece of literature we study and call inspired. Fortunately, I still believe the Father's message shone through regardless of what man did to it.
G_O_D wrote:
Very far from the original concepts.
I agree, and that's quite sad.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479599 Jan 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does he allow innocent babies to suffer and die, say, from leukaemia?
While this is sad, His understanding and wisdom far excedes ours, so He doesn't see things the way we do.

While what I said just now is true, personally I can't give you a great answer for your question. Maybe you should ask yahweh in prayer or just wait until you meet Him. Either way, I'm sure you'll be given an answer when He believes you're ready to receive it.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#479600 Jan 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Not from instinct Mr. Catcher, but utterance was given unto men.
Andrew (CS).
OK.

But you ARE saying that Adam and Eve were given the ability to communicate with one another, using language, without any need for learning and without the language itself having developed in any way--the language and the ability to understand it and use it were somehow "given unto" them, and they could instantly communicate.

That "utterance was given unto men" is utterly ridiculous.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479601 Jan 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Calling you a bigot does not make me happy.
To me, homophobia is bigotry, so I am telling you what I honestly think.
I don't understand your "whichever gender you decide to be" comment. What's that about?
I respect your honesty, but you've got it incorrect I believe. Phobia means: Persistent fear or anxiety disorder.

I neither fear the gay nor am I anxious about anything for or against or because of them. So the terminology "homophobia" is generally incorrect.

Unfortunately for many, they can't see but more so they won't see. Homosexuality in any context cannot be a wonderful thing no matter how much of a nice people many of them are. I believe many homosexuals are very intelligent, brave and talented.

However, it is wrong. Women are beautiful and were created for us men folk. We compliment them perfectly and vice versa. Homosexuality is sick and is a demonic influence. Homosexuals together cannot replenish the earth. The anus was not made as a sex organ worse even it will lose it's elasticity far more than the vagina. Men who practice this perverted debauchery suffer from anal leakage.

The feces carry plenty of bacteria and germs. Sorry to be blunt but the butt was not made for anyone to stick their penis into. Men who love anal sex with women hide the fact they may have homosexual tendencies because it is no different than what two homosexual males do. Sex toys like dildos are a promotion of Lesbianism. The advances in this technology makes women who wish to experiment or who want to feel justified in doing without a man.

Again, apologies for my bluntness. People will disagree just to disagree anyway. Doesn't matter though.

:)

Andrew (CS).

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#479602 Jan 22, 2013
DR ...dork
dr ...dork

We is overrun with dorks.

And it's 52 degrees in Casper Wyoming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 596,753
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 856,038
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 12 min copout 221,824
The MOST EVIL human acts OF ALL TIME 23 min andet1987 8
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min I Am No One_ 444,377
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 34 min sangili karuppan 7,344
"What's UP wit all dat 'ol BULLS - - T??!" 36 min Doctor REALITY 6
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr dGo nmeDad lyHo p... 1,083
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Henry_Joseph 177,230
More from around the web