Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#479545 Jan 22, 2013
The writing of God.

The Bible claims to be the word of God.However some passages mention God's writing explicitly.
The Ten Commandments were written with the finger of God.(Exodus 31:18)they were the writing of God(Exodus 31:16)The pattern for the Temple is described as the writing from the hand of the Lord.(1 Chroncicles 28:19)

Location hidden

#479546 Jan 22, 2013
A strange Ramine.

The prophet Amos gives a startlingly vivid picture of what conditions would soon be like in Israel because of it rejection of the Lord.I will send a famine on the land;not a famine of bread but of hearing words of the Lord they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord but they shall not find it.(Amos 8:11&12)

Location hidden

#479547 Jan 22, 2013
Correction should read a strange Famine.

Location hidden

#479548 Jan 22, 2013
A strange meal.

On two occasions biblical characters ate a scroll that contained God's words as a symbol of internalizing them;the prophet Ezekiel(Ezekiel 2:8 and 3:3)and the apostle John (Revelation 10:9&10) In both cases it tasted "Sweet as honey" which echoes the words of Psalm 119:103 "How sweet are thy words to my taste sweeter than honey to my mouth".

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#479549 Jan 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, thanks, counselor.
Would you consider Jehovah's negligence in the Garden depraved indifference? That is, could the eternal torture of billions of souls that resulted from an omniscient deity leaving innocents unattended with a malicious supervillain be considered depraved indifference in the legal sense? Does this differ from reckless negligence?
In our society, yes, Jehovah's conduct would rise to that criminal level. In California the legal term is "wilful and wanton misconduct."

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#479550 Jan 22, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, in this case let us compromise on this, please tell me if this works for you.Sora and I shall pray and hope and as for yourself please hope we suceed, does this sound reeasonable?:)
This will work for me.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#479551 Jan 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Scott.....I could see your Love for your Mother.
May God be with you and comfort you
Thank you Epi. You have a Blessed day.(c:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#479552 Jan 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Avast, me bucko. I've got a couple of jokes for you and the rest of your scurvy crew here:
[1] Yer Cap'n has been asked many times about his various battle scars, like the time some able-bodied seaman met me in a bar, and we began taking turns recounting our adventures at sea. Noting the me peg-leg, hook, and eye patch, the seaman asks yer Cap'n, "So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?"
I replies: "We was caught in a monster storm off the cape and a giant wave swept me overboard. Just as they were pullin' me out a school of sharks appeared and one of 'em bit me leg off".
"Blimey!" said the seaman. "What about the hook"?
"Ahhhh...", I mused, "We were boardin' a trader ship, pistols blastin' and swords swingin' this way and that. In the fracas me hand got chopped off."
"Zounds!", remarked the seaman. "And how came ye by the eye patch?""
”A sea gull droppin' fell into me eye", I told him.
"You lost yer eye to a sea gull dropping?", the sailor asked incredulously.
"Well..." I sheepishly replied, "it was me first day with the hook."
==========
[2] Recently, yer Cap'n was needin' more hands following the last raid, which was met with fierce resistance from the crown's fleet, and many were lost. So, I placed an ad for some new hearties saying, "Pirate wanted, apply to Cap'n Peg-Leg at the docks. Will train the right person"
A man who was looking fer a job comes across me ad in the classifieds and finds me there looking every bit a pirate as ye know, with me parrot on shoulder, hook-hand, peg-leg, and me eye patch. He looked like he were stout enough, so I says "I'll hire ye" and begin to describe the job to him.
"On Mondays, we go out to sea, find a ship, loot the ship, come back into port and get so hammered we throw up all over ourselves. Sounds like a good job don't it, me bucko?"
Stammering, the man says to me "Actually captain, I'm not much of a drinker. I don't know that I would like that very much."
"Well, " I says, "Perhaps ye will like what we do on a Tuesday just a little bit better, then. We go out, find a ship, loot the ship, come back to port, get stinkin' drunk, find us some lasses and rape every one! Sounds like a good job now, doesn’t it, matey?"
The man again stammers his reply: "As I said, I really don't drink that much. Plus, I've never raped a woman, and I don't think I would like that either."
I look at him all quizzercal with me one good eye and asks him, "Ye not be some sort of a homersexual, are ye, me bucko?"
"No! No I'm not!!" the man objected strenuously.
"Oh well, then" I tells him " I don't think yer gonna like Wednesdays very much, either."
Hahahah! Blimey! These is the twisters what spins o'er the tops o' wahskey kegs an meadhead when the likes o' true buckaroos gits ta partake o' fine company! Take head! Next time we slips the Maiden through the Panama ditch we'll lower sails long 'nuff ta steal ya away ta the Rum Runner's congress o' tales an ales festival! Yer demean sets a harty air o' fine discourse fer the royal gather o' refined seamanship's assembly o' records past an present. Welcome aboard mate!

Location hidden

#479553 Jan 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe a specific language was created with the first human beings and I don't believe it's "ugh". I believe Adam named many of the plants and animals and both he and Eve were possibly able to effectively communicate with them and they with Adam and Eve.
Andrew (CS).
So, Ya believe that the account in Genesis is "literal"?

Location hidden

#479554 Jan 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you
I learned one more positive lesson about you
You are not hipocrtie,double face sweet to others,
and you have guts to post straight what you think,
great day for you
It's good ta see ya post somth'n positive DS!
Keep it up!

Location hidden

#479555 Jan 22, 2013
orochi wrote:
<quoted text>it would make sense. abram, like jesus, would have been a threat to the caste/class systems by making the secrets known to all. evidently this seems to be the recurring theme in most organized religions.
what are you going to do when everyone has direct access to the source.
Indeed. There goes the structure of authoritarian dominance.
Why do you suppose that folks weren't allowed ta possess any writings or scriptures in the christ faith for over 500 years(under penalty of death)? Ponder that for a while.

Location hidden

#479556 Jan 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to incur your wrath.
I will attempt to be more careful with my responses.
Is this one ok with you?
Are you submitting to censorship here Catch?
No Harty Pirate what I sail with would deem that worthy o' character, now would he?!

Location hidden

#479557 Jan 22, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BT,
You have a picture of my Macaw for your profile picture!! LOL Thats what my "Teko" looks like.
HA!
That's my second in command "Jibber"...well, that ain't his actual picher, but it's the spitt'n image of 'em! LOL!

Location hidden

#479558 Jan 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you had a some adventuresome walks in life so far.
Midnight is the males llama is black with white markings and Diasy is the female llama white with black spotted markings.Yes they are Mr and Mrs.Both are very nosey charactors,got there noses into everything from a bucket to unlatching the gates.They are good watch dogs too let you know real quick when a bear is near with there hollering.They make a humming song when they happy especially when it comes to feeding time.No they do not spit on humans to tame but they spit on other animals when there is a differenc of a opinion.There is also two emus that roam around the place.Best not to leave any work gloves or anything shinny layin around like small tools cause they just pick it up and carry it off to there nesting area.Both answer to Joe,Joe.
Hahahah!
Sounds like ya got quite a family there!

Location hidden

#479559 Jan 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Herod the Fox.
Metaphors are figures of speech in which a term describing a certain object is used to decribe something else for the purpose of making a vivid comparison.This was rhetorical device that Jesus often used.He called King Herod that fox.(Luke 13:32)He called himself the bread of life.(John 6:35) and the true vine (John 15:1)He even called some who came to follow him you brood of vipers.(Luke 3:7).
some of them references might well have been made in concern of "family trees", or of institutions of power, or combinations of them. If read in that light one realizes an entirely different picture of the history and accounts. You see, it makes sense that it would be used in that manor to avoid persecution and indictment by the powers that ruled(those the accusations were being made against).

Location hidden

#479560 Jan 22, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Lumina, I am pleased that you do, you may not understand the concept now but in time you will. In regards to your temper, I also am happy to know that you are working on this. Words said in anger and spite can ruin lives forever, our tongues are often our worst enemy not people.
Brilliant! That is exactly what your Jesus said! A voice in the abyss of authoritarian hegemony speaking for justice and love among men, in the face of hate and totalitarianism-even in the knowledge that it would surely be the cause of his torture and death.

Location hidden

#479561 Jan 22, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Lumina, this is no rebuke but rather words of advice forged in love and concern for you, Seraphine and I not the type of people to rebuke or chastise. I am honored that my words are able to reach you and I respect your words to me as well. In regards to my twin Lumina, there is something I have posted here about her, I would like you to please read this carefully. It is the elegy on her tombstone, afterwards I will tell you what happened to her.
Bonsoir to all,
My sister loved many things, she loved the sunlight on her face and hair, she loved to play her violin often especially during the sunrise, preferably Brahms. She enjoyed long walks and philosophical discussions about the Bible. Most of all she enjoyed the poetry of Emily Dickinson. This one was her favorite and eleven years later after her untimely departure from this world. dearest Anna Maria you shall always be loved, when I see the sun I shall see your face, when I see the moon I shall remember your voice. This poem I now dedicate to your memory.
Ample make this Bed —
Make this Bed with Awe —
In it wait till Judgment break
Excellent and Fair.
Be its Mattress straight —
Be its Pillow round —
Let no Sunrise' yellow noise
She commited suicide eleven years to this day Lumina, on December 1st, three days after Seraphine and I had married. I came home from Rome, Italy to find her still alive *Sobs* she had cut her wrists, she looked into my eyes and I looked into hers. I did what I could, do you believe me when I say this to you? It was not enough she died in my arms. The worst part was she filmed the suicide from start to finish. So you see my dear, even rich people like Seraphine and myself are not immune to tragedy.
No one is exempt.
I know exactly how you feel.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#479562 Jan 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
insult to this world of aristocaritic lucky sperm Society;
is using King of Arabya name,but in reality you are just simple dirty sahara peasant sleeping on the pile full of camel dung
if you got power,just arive to me and eliminate me,
you idiotic peasant,and low grade IQ insects shepherd
Doctors might sue you for insulting them by using Dr a prof name tiny brain man....
The nation in which I live is green and beautiful....hmmmmm

I don't want to fight with a man who is worthless.....In am eyes your value is lesser than thous used condom*ssss....

so it would be an insult for a king to take you as an opponent or to have any kind of fight with you....because your level is very low.....

Location hidden

#479563 Jan 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Hahahah!
Sounds like ya got quite a family there!
Morning to ya Captain;

I got what most folks would not want.My furry buddies would most probably would not warm up to some of those folks either.There is a time and a place for everything in life.

Location hidden

#479565 Jan 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> some of them references might well have been made in concern of "family trees", or of institutions of power, or combinations of them. If read in that light one realizes an entirely different picture of the history and accounts. You see, it makes sense that it would be used in that manor to avoid persecution and indictment by the powers that ruled(those the accusations were being made against).
Mornin Captain;

I agree with you about this,in that light one realizes an entirely different picture.The ruling powers.The Najavo natives were code talkers in world war 11.I think of the Bible as a code and a echeo talker.Much like out here in the west the different jingles for different meanings.Of which a total stranger would not grasp at all.But as is said where the wind bloweth and the sand settleth only one set of footprints will be there.(meaning the truth)Now lol this opinion should raise some controvery.lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Gods r Delusions ... 567,737
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessari... 794,577
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min onemale 267,374
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min AN NFL FAN 120,672
Handmade Jewelry? 30 min DavidSandz 1
Scientific proof for God's existence 40 min Ooogah Boogah 527
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 43 min Demilover11 1,891
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 3 hr Rashes 177
More from around the web