bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#479530 Jan 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
You too BMZ! How are you?
Thank you, BT.

I am fine and busy with Christian extremists, perverts and fanatics on the other thread.

Salaams
BMZ

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#479531 Jan 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
you write as if there is some correlation between someone respected and the truth.
Do you consider them uncorrelated,that is, independent variables?
trifecta1 wrote:
just because someone is respected, not mean they a truth teller. aka lance armstrong.
OK.

Do you think that comment contradicts something that I wrote? If so, please quote whatever you think you just contradicted.

Fennario

#479532 Jan 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Yes, a person can be convicted of murder for conduct that is so reckless, thoughtless and inconsiderate, and foreseeably could result in death or serious bodily injury, such that it rises to the level of malice aforethought--that's the standard for murder.
If we can catch their god, maybe we can put it on trial.
OK, thanks, counselor.

Would you consider Jehovah's negligence in the Garden depraved indifference? That is, could the eternal torture of billions of souls that resulted from an omniscient deity leaving innocents unattended with a malicious supervillain be considered depraved indifference in the legal sense? Does this differ from reckless negligence?

Fennario

#479533 Jan 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Herod the Fox.
Metaphors are figures of speech in which a term describing a certain object is used to decribe something else for the purpose of making a vivid comparison.This was rhetorical device that Jesus often used.He called King Herod that fox.(Luke 13:32)He called himself the bread of life.(John 6:35) and the true vine (John 15:1)He even called some who came to follow him you brood of vipers.(Luke 3:7).
It's an extremely common literary device in your bible:

A fisher of men
The good shepherd and his flock
A thief in the night
The bride of Christ
The apple of your eye
A lamp unto my feet
A city set on a hill

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#479534 Jan 22, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome. I loved my daddy and miss him so much but I cant imagine losing my mom. I know that we don't always see eye to eye on things but we are all brothers and sisters and should help one another whenever we can. Can we just forgive and agree to disagree on our differences and just spread the Love of God to others? That should be our main goal. Do you agree?:)
And I'm sorry about the loss of your father as well, but it sounds like from your post that you are much closer to your mom than you were your dad, a situation that I also share, the worst thing for me personally concerning my mother was to watch her suffer multiple illnesses and being unable to do anything to help her ir at least help easing her pain and suffering, it was frustrating to watch and her quality of life was absolute zero, she wasn't even able to respond to myself or to anyone else, the support of our churches Pastor and general overseer and the saints were very instrumental in helping me past my grief along with a few relatives as well.

Yes..........I would like to simply agree to disagree more in the spirit of peace ( which is what we should all do ) and just focus our lives on the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you for the feedback GW and God Bless you and yours.(c:

Fennario

#479535 Jan 22, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Does thinking make your brain hurt? Here; have a D.P. Gumby kerchief for your head, maybe that'll help.
LOL.

[D. P. Gumby - My Brain Hurts]

Fennario

#479536 Jan 22, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami *Smiles* I liked this it was wonderful like you I too am a minor Jazz fan. What memories do you have of New Orleans? May I ask where you were born? And if this question does not make you uncorfortable what was your childhood like?
I visited New Orleans for a few days in 2002, before Katrina.

My most vivid memory is visiting Sammy's for dinner, where one of our party ordered beer in a frosted mug. The waiter, who didn't know us at all, just looked at him and said, "You in Nawlins now, motherf**ker," meaning "No."

The phrase delighted us so much that we have adapted it to our present home, which has been Mexico for the last three years. When things seem a little odd to us, or somebody asks "Why?," the complete answer is "You in Mexico now, mofo."

We spent two nights at the Wyndam Whitney on Poydras and Camp Sts. The restaurants we visited besides Sammy’s included Felix’s, Mother’s and Café Bignet. We visited the aquarium, St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 and the gravesite of voodooist Marie Leveaux, and guzzled hurricanes and daiquiri’s on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter. I was carded at Harrah's and denied entrance because I had left my ID in the hotel safe.

I was born in Culver City, California, and have been a Californian most of my life, although I went to university in Ohio for many years, served in the military in the D.C and Maryland area for a few years, and lived and worked in rural Missouri for eleven years, from whence I retired to México in 2009.

My parents were also unbelievers, and I was raised without religion except during adolescence, when my divorced mother remarried a failed rabbinical student, and I had a taste of Judaism, including Chanukah menorahs, Passover seders, separate sets of dishes, and a bar mitzvah for which I learned to read (but not understand) Hebrew. It was unpleasant for me.

I became a zealous Christian from about 1974 - age 20 - until the early eighties.

Hope that answers your questions, and thank you for your interest.

Fennario

#479537 Jan 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
the worst thing for me personally concerning my mother was to watch her suffer multiple illnesses and being unable to do anything to help her or at least help easing her pain and suffering, it was frustrating to watch and her quality of life was absolute zero

the support of our churches Pastor and general overseer and the saints were very instrumental in helping me past my grief along with a few relatives as well.
Did your pastor or anybody else tell you about or recommend hospice? Nobody needs to suffer like that at the end of life.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#479538 Jan 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your pastor or anybody else tell you about or recommend hospice? Nobody needs to suffer like that at the end of life.
I am well aware of hospice and she was on that program, thank you.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#479541 Jan 22, 2013
Good

Morning****

“The world is still full of folks that want peace.”

~ Missionary Mary Proctor

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#479542 Jan 22, 2013
Encouraging Words....

The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.

Psalm 103:8

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#479543 Jan 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I am well aware of hospice and she was on that program, thank you.
I remember Scott.....I could see your Love for your Mother.

May God be with you and comfort you

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#479544 Jan 22, 2013
P
E
A
C
E

Talk to ya later

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#479545 Jan 22, 2013
The writing of God.

The Bible claims to be the word of God.However some passages mention God's writing explicitly.
The Ten Commandments were written with the finger of God.(Exodus 31:18)they were the writing of God(Exodus 31:16)The pattern for the Temple is described as the writing from the hand of the Lord.(1 Chroncicles 28:19)

Location hidden

#479546 Jan 22, 2013
A strange Ramine.

The prophet Amos gives a startlingly vivid picture of what conditions would soon be like in Israel because of it rejection of the Lord.I will send a famine on the land;not a famine of bread but of hearing words of the Lord they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord but they shall not find it.(Amos 8:11&12)

Location hidden

#479547 Jan 22, 2013
Correction should read a strange Famine.

Location hidden

#479548 Jan 22, 2013
A strange meal.

On two occasions biblical characters ate a scroll that contained God's words as a symbol of internalizing them;the prophet Ezekiel(Ezekiel 2:8 and 3:3)and the apostle John (Revelation 10:9&10) In both cases it tasted "Sweet as honey" which echoes the words of Psalm 119:103 "How sweet are thy words to my taste sweeter than honey to my mouth".

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#479549 Jan 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, thanks, counselor.
Would you consider Jehovah's negligence in the Garden depraved indifference? That is, could the eternal torture of billions of souls that resulted from an omniscient deity leaving innocents unattended with a malicious supervillain be considered depraved indifference in the legal sense? Does this differ from reckless negligence?
In our society, yes, Jehovah's conduct would rise to that criminal level. In California the legal term is "wilful and wanton misconduct."

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#479550 Jan 22, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, in this case let us compromise on this, please tell me if this works for you.Sora and I shall pray and hope and as for yourself please hope we suceed, does this sound reeasonable?:)
This will work for me.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#479551 Jan 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Scott.....I could see your Love for your Mother.
May God be with you and comfort you
Thank you Epi. You have a Blessed day.(c:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min Truths 4,191
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 589,595
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 837,568
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min RiccardoFire 99,733
Rajkot gay Topix 31 min jigar 81
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 52 min RiccardoFire 40,470
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Just Think 433
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 176,847
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 271,293
More from around the web