Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#479449 Jan 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
At last I know what DoC has been referring to. Thanks.
Sorry. It sounds like there was a death of somebody that you knew and cared about. I didn't know this poster, although the name looks familiar. Didn't s/he start one of the megathreads?
He started "Why I am no longer a Christian' thread....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#479450 Jan 21, 2013
You don't seem to have any friends, even among the Christians. They have repeatedly rebuked you and described you in unflattering terms since I entered this thread - much more so than any of the skeptics posting. Why do you suppose that is?
Counter_Strike wrote:
The truth is a respecter of no one so if people want to rebuke me for it then that's fine.
So, if nobody respects you, you must be telling the truth? Didn't your god say something similar about scorn and contempt? Is that where you got that?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#479451 Jan 21, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been shopping and going around in my shirtsleeves...I better enjoy it now....
Yep, it's 60 degrees here right now. But tomorrow will be quite different.

I'm not looking forward to going out early tomorrow morning.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#479452 Jan 21, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, get over yourself Andy, nobody is buying your "I'm such a misunderstood victim in here" routine. You see Andy we've all seen you in action before. And just like before you're not fooling anybody. So take your "I'm so disappointed" and "I'm so angry" game down the road Andy it's not going to work in here (and if I can borrow your word) FELLA!!!

<<<Hands Andy a tissue to use for his crocodile tears
First of all, you don't own this thread friend. Second; I'm not speaking to anyone else in here but you regarding this issue, so I'm not concerned who wants to buy, sell or trade my "routine" (as you put it).

I notice much of the time, when I speak to a few of you, you like saying "we". I wasn't aware I was addressing a group of people. Sure, this is a public forum, everyone can read, but unlike you I'm not in here for positive hits and likes, i really don't care who wants to like me or not like me for what I have to say, but I try my endeavor best not to make hypocrisy be a centerpiece of my post unlike some people...including you just now.

So really, you can try convincing everyone here about your innocence and they may well side with you because you may well be the >demi-god< WSJLM and that's ok too, but you're not convincing me of anything and you're not fooling yourself. In the post you're responding to (which you again evaded by not addressing it properly), I explained how when I first got here how the lines were CLEARLY divided. there was a trouble maker posted well established here that hated your guts and hated Skom and another poster too. I listened to both sides of the argument. That poster was hostile but tried to get me on his side, but I didn't join him.

He became more and more aggressive as time went by. It got so ugly that I was warned by Topix and lost my Editor status and he and some of his sock puppets were eventually booted off. He came back with a similar name but we generally ignored him afterwards. I don't remember if your issue was heart related. Some of us always wished you well especially when you had visits to the hospital. I suppose now you have memory loss too because you readily seem to forget the people who, even if but virtually were there for you (if that accounted for anything much).

You are one of the few original posters who I don't think ever told me his name. Duane and I couldn't get along on WINLAC. We started becoming friends on here. No one has to believe me bub, all they have to do is go back and view the history about the middle of this thread anbd they would see for themselves. I am now understanding that you're not a nice guy. You're selfish and you may also believe you're better than people. don't turn me into a problem. I don't want to be a problem. You hate my message so you try to be a distraction. Never at one point could you give clear answers for what I say scripturally or historically. All you do is criticize. Well I won't allow you to be a distraction. You're just making a lot of noise. Empty barrels tend to do that sort of thing.

I'm sorry, but you needed to hear that.

Andrew (CS).

Fennario

#479453 Jan 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Then you aren't an atheist
Is your plant to quibble this issue? I am an atheist. And an agnostic. And a freethinker. And a secular humanist. And a rational skeptic.
Counter_Strike wrote:
what are you skeptical about?
Everything.

Do you know what the word means in this context?
Counter_Strike wrote:
Earlier you called me a coward, well, prove that you weren't just projecting.
I have no need or ability to do that.

Are you lamenting your decision to make this personal yet? It really is unpleasant. But less pleasant would be just taking it. Sorry, but "I don't think so. Homey don't play dat."
[Homey D. Clown]

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479454 Jan 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that language is not learned, but just sprung instantly, from instinct?
I believe a specific language was created with the first human beings and I don't believe it's "ugh". I believe Adam named many of the plants and animals and both he and Eve were possibly able to effectively communicate with them and they with Adam and Eve.

Andrew (CS).
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#479455 Jan 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, you don't own this thread friend. Second; I'm not speaking to anyone else in here but you regarding this issue, so I'm not concerned who wants to buy, sell or trade my "routine" (as you put it).
I notice much of the time, when I speak to a few of you, you like saying "we". I wasn't aware I was addressing a group of people. Sure, this is a public forum, everyone can read, but unlike you I'm not in here for positive hits and likes, i really don't care who wants to like me or not like me for what I have to say, but I try my endeavor best not to make hypocrisy be a centerpiece of my post unlike some people...including you just now.
So really, you can try convincing everyone here about your innocence and they may well side with you because you may well be the >demi-god< WSJLM and that's ok too, but you're not convincing me of anything and you're not fooling yourself. In the post you're responding to (which you again evaded by not addressing it properly), I explained how when I first got here how the lines were CLEARLY divided. there was a trouble maker posted well established here that hated your guts and hated Skom and another poster too. I listened to both sides of the argument. That poster was hostile but tried to get me on his side, but I didn't join him.
He became more and more aggressive as time went by. It got so ugly that I was warned by Topix and lost my Editor status and he and some of his sock puppets were eventually booted off. He came back with a similar name but we generally ignored him afterwards. I don't remember if your issue was heart related. Some of us always wished you well especially when you had visits to the hospital. I suppose now you have memory loss too because you readily seem to forget the people who, even if but virtually were there for you (if that accounted for anything much).
You are one of the few original posters who I don't think ever told me his name. Duane and I couldn't get along on WINLAC. We started becoming friends on here. No one has to believe me bub, all they have to do is go back and view the history about the middle of this thread anbd they would see for themselves. I am now understanding that you're not a nice guy. You're selfish and you may also believe you're better than people. don't turn me into a problem. I don't want to be a problem. You hate my message so you try to be a distraction. Never at one point could you give clear answers for what I say scripturally or historically. All you do is criticize. Well I won't allow you to be a distraction. You're just making a lot of noise. Empty barrels tend to do that sort of thing.
Andrew (CS).
Thank you
I learned one more positive lesson about you
You are not hipocrtie,double face sweet to others,
and you have guts to post straight what you think,

great day for you

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#479456 Jan 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew (CS).
But did the rest of us also have to hear it?

Fennario

#479457 Jan 21, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
all what God needs to include stupid ones like you to reduce global moral dirt,stupidity, and insults against others
I am not any church,or priest,or teacher,you dumb head
bet I know you belong to this heavenly list of 2/3 elimination from this Earth and Universe,
scums like you are not able to discover anything,only put deseases seed of immorality,hate,atheism, and twisted human demonic laws
God only saved you for little while here,to run your mouth,hiding own cretinism, and to die like any immoral feces or dung of this earth
your sentences projected from other sayings doesn't impress anyone how"inteligent you are "you idiot
NOBODY CONDEMN SUCH MISERIES LIKE YOU,
YOU ARE CONDMEND BY OWN FAILURE,SINS,HATE, AND IMMORALITY
What happened to your promised peace that passeth all understanding and your gifts of the spirit. What did you get for your tithes? You're not getting into heaven, not if they have any standards, so I hope it wasn't just the magic beans.

What? Not even them?

Sir. Your religion has failed you, and now you are failing it. Do your god and the other Christians here a favor and stifle. I'll bet that most of them are with me on that one, even Counter_Strike.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#479458 Jan 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe a specific language was created with the first human beings and I don't believe it's "ugh". I believe Adam named many of the plants and animals and both he and Eve were possibly able to effectively communicate with them and they with Adam and Eve.
Andrew (CS).
Thanks for your answer, which I consider to be ridiculous.

Utterly ridiculous.

Language doesn't get "created" that way.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#479459 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So, if nobody respects you, you must be telling the truth? Didn't your god say something similar about scorn and contempt? Is that where you got that?
so your trust in people telling the truth come out of respect? a lot of people trusted
lance armstrong to.

the world never respect Jesus as a truth teller in his days and they shower him with scorn and contempt, and yet Jesus has been proven right. So what that say about your judgement of character?

that [you]and your views/philosophy can't be trusted or respected. because you worship the statues of the human with your human secularism.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#479460 Jan 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But did the rest of us also have to hear it?
if you not want to hear it or read it, why did you not just ignore it? and who you speaking for with this [us]? anyone hire you to speak for them on the billboard? No. do you self a favor a speak for yourself. because only yourself you can control or influence on the billboard.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479461 Jan 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Great post CS, Hope you have a Blessed weekend.(C:
Thanks Lawest100. It was going great until my father passed away just after Shabbat 7:30pm EST. He was a nice person and a friend. Very well informed, funny and smart. He impacted out lives positively. It was sad. I came home from worship and everyone was standing in shock on the front porch. I sat in the room with him for about 30 minutes. I didn't touch the body so I don't have to be shorn (shaven) but I am unclean for 7 days so I must take a mikveh. I will miss him, I will miss him a lot. My mom is devastated, they were married 40 years. He was 65, multiple stroke victim. We had someone at mom's home helping to take care of him too.

His countenance changed about 4th Yom (Wednesday) and I knew in my heart he would leave us. I fed him the morning before I went to the Qahal bayit. He could barely swallow his tea, much of it ran out the side of his mouth. He was so tired, so weak. I was hoping to return to my mother's house to see him alive. We had him for a while and then the coroners and the police came for him around 9:20pmEST.

I promised him I wouldn't cry. One tear rolled down my right cheek and that was it. I don't expect to cry over him anymore. He was in so much pain, and we kept him hanging on. He wanted to stay but was more relieved to go I believe, so I can't be sad for him. he was my father and my friend.

Shalom and goodbye WGE. RIP. I love you.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#479462 Jan 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the words of an "intellectualized" Pattiecake; Yellodog; United in Faith.
.. OH !! my ..

.. another closet case ??..

With Established Harem

#479463 Jan 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Best take careful note Mr. IANS, every wicked soul, the unrepentant murderer, rapist, adulterer, thief, idolater, sorcerers, people who bear false witness, corrupt leaders, those that oppress the poor and those who have turned their backs on Yahweh shall be judged.**SNIPPED FOR SPACE**(CS).
.. did you know authoritarianism thrives in a climate of fear ??..

.. why does the Bible invoke fear continually ??..

With Established Harem

#479464 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Brilliant, little sister! You are a spiritual genius. It shines through.
.. are you trying to seduce me? It's working ..

.. I'm telling Mrs. AIN ..
Marx

Reading, PA

#479465 Jan 21, 2013
The word "should" cannot apply to Jesus. He is the Son of God, and he loves us all simply because we exist.

Fennario

#479466 Jan 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
You will soon come to realize that your somewhat harsh criticisms of me or my beliefs do not have teh sort of effect that you would have hoped.
What do you imagine that to be?
Counter_Strike wrote:
I must give the message so you can understand it clearly regardless of what you think of me.
You have it backwards. The message is from me to you: The times they are a-changing.

Incidentally, I'm getting a whiff of a messianic complex here. Are you going to turn out to be a little off center?
Counter_Strike wrote:
When you decide not to overrate yourself as you do, then maybe you'd be humble enough to acknowldge more than just the posibility of a Creator.
My self-esteem is unrelated to my skepticism.

"Humble"? That's code for "submit," right? As I said before, you're a one note tune.

You just asked me about my skepticism. I don't believe anything more or less than what the evidence suggests to me. What's you evidence for any god? When you provide some, then I will "acknowledge more than just the possibility" of a creator.

Furthermore, what would be your evidence that any god you had evidence for was your god, whatever you call him besides the shar of shars.

Fennario

#479467 Jan 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
However your pride blinds you, so much so you cannot see anything more perfect, more wonderful, more glorious than yourself.
I should submit, right? I should break my ego, break my will, and simply submit to some random dogma like you did.

I don't think so. Homey don't play dat.
Counter_Strike wrote:
When you realize that your rule is but temporary and your memory vanishes away with time, and your influence upon this land becomes nought but ash or just a distant whisper blown far away in the winds, then you will know that every knee (including yours) shall bow and every tongue confess that Yahweh Elohiym (barack be He) is Creator and King and nothing lives or exists without Him proclaiming it to be so. Outside of Yahweh, there is nothing but misery and perpetual darkness.
Ask your doctor if Prozac is right for you. You're really quite a downer.

Oh - oh - oh ... was that your god's name, Yahweh or Yahweh Elohim (barack be He)?

I guess that you don't like the name "Jehovah" then. If I recall correctly, you rejected it earlier.

And some of you won't write out the word "God," or use more than a tetragrammaton for Yahweh. And you all seem to think it's important to get it just right or else I-don't-know-what.

Is that "Barack be he" part required, or just an obeisance?

Fennario

#479468 Jan 21, 2013
Drew H wrote:
That's where faith comes in, and faith requires no physical evidence.
How does one choose what to have faith in? How did you choose?
Drew H wrote:
God has allowed [the Jews] to be partially blinded
Ouch. That's some pretty harsh parenting there. I guess it's not much of an advantage to be chosen, is it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 911
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 854,605
"Zimbabwean President" asks Barack Obama "Do y... 5 min Funny News 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 28 min andet1987 6,135
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Robert F 596,179
Entering Heaven? 35 min andet1987 3
Poll Why are white women jealous of us latinas (Aug '08) 37 min andet1987 27
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr I Am No One_ 444,291
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web