“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#479309 Jan 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I I captain lol I enjoying the fire out of you.My new mouse is touchy lil thing.Got a mind of it own like me.lol I am having a ball of a time too lol lol.
Hahahahah! It's good yer laugh'n.
I see yer really learn'n lots o' stuff what most folks don't ever git a chance ta even think 'bout. That's how ya learn what folks is REALLY 'bout, an where they come from(in more ways than (1)). Don't ever stop look'n neither!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#479310 Jan 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
First, I want to add that I repsect all the commandments but I also understand that there is No way that a person can obey everyone of them "perfectly" all the time
That's probably true.
Grace Walker wrote:
The LAW was not given to "earn" Us salvation..They were given to show us that we CANT and Lead us to Christ, WHO Saves.
I think that the Jews would disagree.
Grace Walker wrote:
Thanks for your kindness and respect. You are a nice person
And thank you for the same.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#479311 Jan 21, 2013
Bees.

The Bible mentions bees a number of times.Twice the swarming habits of honeybees mentioned;Psalm 118:12 say that(the nations) surrounded me like bees.While Deuteronomy 1:44 mentions the Amorites chasing the Israelites like bees.Samson encourted a swarm of honeybees in carcass of a lion.(Judges 14:8)The Hebrews word for be is deborah.

Location hidden

#479312 Jan 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Jibber and me could be the best of buds.lol lol If you only knew what I can find to get into lol lol.
Oh, I bet ya do too! If'n he don't git yer immediate attention, he starts ta scream'n {{{{{HELP}}}}}. He's jist fulla piss an vinegar!
First time he ever seen a lassie come on board, he started ta yell'n {{{{ALL HANDS ON DECK!}}}} Well don'cha know the hands all come topside an lined up fer head count an here was this lassie think'n this was all fer her. LOL! Couldn't figger jist what he was up ta, but I knowed it weren't no good. Sure nuff, weren't but a few seconds later I heared 'em whisper ta the first mate "hey two pints in it fer ya if ya let me borry yer hands". Hahahahah!'Magine how taken aback I was, bein I teached 'em ta be all stately like meself an all! Heh heh heh...

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#479313 Jan 21, 2013
Four Lessons Learned on Your Journey (1)
Dan 11-12, Matt 9:14-26, Ps 89:38-52, Pr 3:1-2

'In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.' Proverbs 16:9

Remember needing a road atlas when you took a trip? Now you just program your destination into your car's GPS and it tells you where and where to turn, how far to the next petrol station, and when you'll arrive. No guessing, confusion and wrong decisions; just choose the shortest or fastest route and it will get you there. As a follower of Christ you have a divine GPS, which is the Holy Spirit. He chooses the route and timing, and guarantees that you'll get to your destination. By listening to Him you learn four valuable lessons. Let's look at them: First, you learn to depend on God rather than yourself. Assuming you know all the twists and turns of life makes you act without consulting God. Samson believed he'd 'figured how the system worked'. When Delilah sold him out and the Philistines bound him with ropes, he thought he'd handle things the way he always did:'..."I will do as before and shake myself free." But he didn't realise the Lord had left him.'(Judges 16:20) Living victoriously means living in total dependence on God, not yourself. Jesus said,'...Without Me you can do nothing.'(John 15:5) Second, you change your perspective. You may not always look where you're going, but you will always end up going where you're looking! Your perspective determines your choices and direction in life. After paying dearly for following his lower impulses, David changed his perspective and prayed,'My eyes are fixed on You...Lord...'(Psalm 141:8) You should pray that too.
The Word for Today USB

Location hidden

#479314 Jan 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Hahahahah! It's good yer laugh'n.
I see yer really learn'n lots o' stuff what most folks don't ever git a chance ta even think 'bout. That's how ya learn what folks is REALLY 'bout, an where they come from(in more ways than (1)). Don't ever stop look'n neither!
Your right about that.Grrr lol Captain I not doin no preachin,I just sharing like Jibber does.lol a little dab here and a little dab there.lol Spread it all around and everyone get some lol.

May I ask are yu a critter lover?

Location hidden

#479315 Jan 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Bees.
The Bible mentions bees a number of times.Twice the swarming habits of honeybees mentioned;Psalm 118:12 say that(the nations) surrounded me like bees.While Deuteronomy 1:44 mentions the Amorites chasing the Israelites like bees.Samson encourted a swarm of honeybees in carcass of a lion.(Judges 14:8)The Hebrews word for be is deborah.
Y'know, I had this friend quite awhile back what thought he was surely the second com'n o' Jesus(seriously). He would tell me that his army was gonna be BEES. That feller could put his hand in any kind o' bees ther was, an NEVER git bit! ole' Walt passed on some time ago, but he sure gave me some wonder.

Fennario

#479316 Jan 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
This cycle of failing and asking for God's forgiveness has become a way of life for most of us.
I have concerns about the consequences of living with such an attitude.
Grace Walker wrote:
Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.(Romans 10:4)
Were you aware that there is a scripture in the voice of Jesus that contradicts that? Jesus taught in Matt. 5:18-19 that Old Testament law was still in effect:

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Grace Walker wrote:
Jesus' words from the cross "It is finished!" were meant to break that religious cycle.
Yes, John 19:30 tells us that those were Jesus' final words, right? But what allows us to declare that those words weren't about his life or his ministry being finished instead.

Incidentally, there is another scripture that contradicts that one, and which says that,“Jesus called out with a loud voice,“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last." - Luke 23:46. This one suggests that Jesus' last words were about his death, not the law.

One huge difference between a believer and an unbeliever is the believer's willingness to overlook contradictions and assume that they must somehow all be true and make sense anyway, like the mother of a suspect who simply rejects all of the evidence against her son and insists that it must be wrong or is being misinterpreted, because she has faith in his innocence.

I find that believers read their bibles through these same lenses as well, and call it faith. The contradictions between the words of Paul and Jesus regarding the old law and the two accounts of Jesus' final words have the same effect as testimony from somebody who contradicts himself in court.

In that milieu, the witness would be called unreliable, and his testimony discredited or rejected. If he were testifying against somebody dear to you, you might insist that the testimony be rejected.
Grace Walker wrote:
Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.(Galatians 3:23-25)
As I understand the scriptures, that is true only if Paul can veto Jesus, that is, only if Romans 10:4 supercedes Matthew 5:18-19. Why do you think that it does?

Location hidden

#479317 Jan 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right about that.Grrr lol Captain I not doin no preachin,I just sharing like Jibber does.lol a little dab here and a little dab there.lol Spread it all around and everyone get some lol.
May I ask are yu a critter lover?
Ya I surely am.

Yer not preach'n. Yer shar'n knowledge. I already learned some new things jist because the words were there ta behold. An it didn't cost me a single copper-thanks ta you.

Location hidden

#479318 Jan 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, I bet ya do too! If'n he don't git yer immediate attention, he starts ta scream'n {{{{{HELP}}}}}. He's jist fulla piss an vinegar!
First time he ever seen a lassie come on board, he started ta yell'n {{{{ALL HANDS ON DECK!}}}} Well don'cha know the hands all come topside an lined up fer head count an here was this lassie think'n this was all fer her. LOL! Couldn't figger jist what he was up ta, but I knowed it weren't no good. Sure nuff, weren't but a few seconds later I heared 'em whisper ta the first mate "hey two pints in it fer ya if ya let me borry yer hands". Hahahahah!'Magine how taken aback I was, bein I teached 'em ta be all stately like meself an all! Heh heh heh...
Humm stately like yourself.lol Oh captain good one but bird of feather flock together lol.Two nut in one shell is still two nuts.lol.

Fennario

#479319 Jan 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
The law works on each of us in one of two ways. It either lays a heavy burden of guilt and shame on our hearts; or it exposes a great emptiness that is in need of being filled by Him.
Yikes.

Sorry to be so contrary, but this kind of language has no appeal for me. I need a more constructive philosophy.

Of course, that attitude is typically condemned by believers as rebellious - an ego out of control. Counter_Strike was quick to tell me so a half dozen or so times. And I assume that it is his priests speaking through him, who are well served by that attitude, not a loving god.

Location hidden

#479320 Jan 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Y'know, I had this friend quite awhile back what thought he was surely the second com'n o' Jesus(seriously). He would tell me that his army was gonna be BEES. That feller could put his hand in any kind o' bees ther was, an NEVER git bit! ole' Walt passed on some time ago, but he sure gave me some wonder.
Sorry about your walt,someone like that is always special.
I ask if you were a critter lover simply because I am.
I play with the wild ones all the time they just seem to be a part of me.So know all about what walt felt at times.

Location hidden

#479321 Jan 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Humm stately like yourself.lol Oh captain good one but bird of feather flock together lol.Two nut in one shell is still two nuts.lol.
Well uh... that's a category what this ole' bird can't deny neither. Even science is convict'n me on it I reckon...but...I'm still better look'n than Jibbers is(don't let on I told ya though) he'll draw blood fer the remark y'know!

Location hidden

#479322 Jan 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya I surely am.
Yer not preach'n. Yer shar'n knowledge. I already learned some new things jist because the words were there ta behold. An it didn't cost me a single copper-thanks ta you.
You teach me and I will share with you and we both come out winners what ya say captain.

Fennario

#479323 Jan 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
This passage in Ephesians should settle the matter once and for all –Jews and Gentiles alike – about whether Jesus abolished the law or not:

For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.(Ephesians 2:14-16)
How could anything from Ephesians settle once and for all the issue of whether Paul countermanded Jesus or not? Ephesians is just a repetition of Paul's contradiction given in Romans.

Location hidden

#479324 Jan 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Well uh... that's a category what this ole' bird can't deny neither. Even science is convict'n me on it I reckon...but...I'm still better look'n than Jibbers is(don't let on I told ya though) he'll draw blood fer the remark y'know!
My lips are zipped.lol

Fennario

#479325 Jan 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
life is just a bowl of cherries but along with it comes the pits.
I'll tell you what: I'll focus on the cherries, and you can dwell on the pits.

Have you ever thought of a career in authoring demotivational embroidered throw pillows? You know, the ones that usually say, "Home Sweet Home" or the like? I've already got a partner named Counter_Strike who also cannot write a positive sentence about man or life, but we can always use more depressing ideas.

Fennario

#479326 Jan 21, 2013
King_of_Arabiya 2 wrote:
Thx Grace hope u to have great day ahead. But don't you think that Jew historians till date says the same thing that Jesus is fake.
Do you know why the Jews reject the claim that Jesus was their messiah? They can give you a list of qualifications and accomplishments for the Messiah which they claim that Jesus does not fulfill. Can you reproduce that list and rebut it?

Maybe you're not a Christian and don't claim that Jesus was a god or the Jew's messiah. If so - or even if not - I offer this same challenge to any Christians reading these words.

Location hidden

#479327 Jan 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about your walt,someone like that is always special.
I ask if you were a critter lover simply because I am.
I play with the wild ones all the time they just seem to be a part of me.So know all about what walt felt at times.
When I was a grasshopper, I lived in the stix(no neighbors) My friends was all 4 legged. We got along jist great, an I loved them all. Deer, squirrels an rabbits would sit or lay down right beside me. We had our own games too. No fear. Oh, an my dog. They taught me what was edible an what was not. Kin ya believe that? Brings a tear ta my eye. Then I grew enough ta hafta go ta school. THAT'S when I found out what real "animals" was. All that's been gone along time now, save a short encounter here an there ta remind me of the "good ole' days". Monarch butterflies an barn swallows is always danc'n fer me even now though. folks always wonder why I stop fer 'em no matter what. I don't talk 'bout it much.

Fennario

#479328 Jan 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. religious shame and guilt create shackles of submission, compliance and ultimate oppression of the human spirit ..
Well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 263,432
Moses never existed 6 min Khatru 537
gay snapchat 7 min iovannl 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min scaritual 764,402
what the best model of this wrist watches 12 min andet1987 7
Eat a wide variety of foods for a healthy diet 26 min andet1987 2
Best Of anime movies 27 min Kid_Tomorrow 3
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min June VanDerMark 554,854
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 175,039
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 119,237

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE