Have a great day....

((*L-))

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#479350 Jan 21, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey BT 42.....It had to have been bad because your parents dressed you in a suit. I think you said you were from the baby boomers age and most boys dressed like "Beaver". Striped shirt...dungerees folded up...and black and white basketball canvas shoes. Glad you had your animal refuge....Did you live in the Carolinas?
No. I moved to Ohio. Flatlands....
I was raised back east in the hills though mostly. Yup. It was the clothes that was the trigger. My mom wouldn't have it any other way.

Gotta go...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#479351 Jan 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> No. I moved to Ohio. Flatlands....
I was raised back east in the hills though mostly. Yup. It was the clothes that was the trigger. My mom wouldn't have it any other way.
Gotta go...
I am from Ohio too....

Later

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#479352 Jan 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
the Bible lets us know that God uses his mouth pieces ( and the Holy Ghost is the only true preacher, right?) according to their seperate abilities, I'm glad that you acknowledged that they did not contradict one another because so long as there is only ONE spirit that gives the message.
This is an interesting subject. Blessings.
Where does your bible let you know that?

And I guess that you don't see any problem there, do you? You say that there is one preacher, then immediately follow it by telling us that each "mouth piece" leaves something of himself behind. You've described multiple contributors there.

And they do contradict one another. I just addressed this at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... , where Luke contradicts John, and Paul contradicts Jesus.

What an outsider sees is that you believe what you want to believe, and disregard whatever contradicts it. That's fine for you, but you can't sell such thinking to somebody that loves reason.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#479353 Jan 21, 2013
Oh and BT 42.....Le_Le is a female not male

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#479354 Jan 21, 2013
Drew H wrote:
He alone paid the price, a price that we could never pay, by offering His life for us.
Many, many, MANY people have paid that price.
Drew H wrote:
Nobody killed Him. He willingly offered Himself in our place.
The why did he have to be arrested and tried? He could have had one of his apostles just nail him to a cross. It certainly would have made the claim that his death was a willing sacrifice more believable.

Incidentally, his crucifixion would have been one way for the Jews to realize that Jesus was not the messiah of the Old Testament, who it was prophesied would be triumphant on earth.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#479355 Jan 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice. Proverbs 13:10
A man’s pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor. Proverbs 29:23
The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11
Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load. Galatians 6:4
Your heart will become proud and you will forget the LORD your God. Deuteronomy 8:14
Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not take pride in one man over against another. 1 Corinthians 4:6
What do you want Ms. Walker? Do you wish to ask a favor?

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479356 Jan 21, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
So now are you the ' Pharaoh of Egypt ?
Only if you say so, but I must decline the offer,

:)

CS.

Location hidden

#479357 Jan 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I had hoped it would not come to this.But if you persist so be it are you ready for that first swat here goes gonna hurt too.
((((captain))).It is five am here time for me to shut down and cut a piece of apple pie and a cup of coffee and then find a pillow had a ball of a time tonight thanks for keeping me company.
YW

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479358 Jan 21, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree PW about true body of Godhead Christ
I disagree that assembled body and today last remnant of Gods Church
exist in any worldwide christianity infested by spirit of abomination and desolation(satan) and man of lawlesness(slaves of satanic table)
none of true remanant of 14400 is going to bring down their own brothers as parts of ONE BODY
they know each others spiritualy and with same sound doctrines of LOVE AGAPE GODS LOVE NOT EARTHLY LOVE
God bless you PW,
and have good night
I personaly missed you here
forget Mars
but today angel energies Hebr 1;7....are sent by God to protect His remanant never appear in human bodies or any earthly body,for spiritual security reason,
to tempt devil servants who can created more horible confussion today as before
You really have not the foggiest what you're talking about, do you.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#479359 Jan 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Happy Lesbo, This may come as a shocker but you are correct. Religion never set people free but in my belief, Jesus set us free from the shame and quilt that religion has brought us and still tries to bring us. Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Thanks for replying and I hope you have a great day. Nice meeting you as well.
Dear Grace:

Is it OK if I use an informal approach when addressing you? If not, would you prefer Ms., Miss or Mrs. Walker ??..

How did Jesus set us free from the shame and guilt religion created ??..

Fondly, HL

With Established Harem

#479360 Jan 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
**SNIPPED FOR SPACE**If they were as smart as they think they are they wouldn't spend all this time on Topix arguing these circular debates that have been recycled for years. The reason I haven't been around of late is I am going to start taking my own advice! I peeked in and read enough to know i wasn't interested. Any time there is some internal conflict people come out of the woodwork hoping to further rock the boat. But I agree, there will never be an agreement for people to go their separate ways and those who don't believe.. fine and those that do believe..fine. If people want to spend all their time scrutinizing something they don't even believe in that is their choice but I don't understand the motivation
(T) Peace
.. hi ya, SKOM !! Hope your sex life has improved since we last engaged each other ..

.. do we scrutinize religion or belief systems ??..

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#479361 Jan 21, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
*Smiles gently* bonne nuit mon ami. Was it our words that drew you or some internal quality you sense withun us?
Internal qualities, reflected in your words....

With Established Harem

#479362 Jan 21, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monsieur, thank you for your words of kindness, I believe in the goodness of humanity and strive every day to see the best in all people and to nurture this within them so they may bring it to others. Beliefs are irrelevant in the face of compassion for all people, and again I emphasise ALL PEOPLE. We share core values Monsieur, the beliefs between us are not relevant in my eyes nor in Seraphine's although they may be to others. I long to see a world free of hate and fear,free of prejudice where perfect love and compassion exist. Bonne nuit mon ami.
.. labas Sora, neat post ..

.. does religion make some people believe they're not worthy ??..

.. does the concept of 'sin' demean the human spirit ??..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#479363 Jan 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I saw a response t my post from someone saying they tested faith with science. IMO there was no point to respond to that. To each their own but to me that is not seeking and that is why it produces the results it does which is still no faith. I hear most claim they stay this engaged with Christianity claiming some sort of social oppression but nobody has ever given me an example of how what people believe affects them adversely on a day-to-day basis.
I am not a fan of extremism of any kind and that includes politics but people will always incorporate their own beliefs into their political agenda so it is a silly argument people make that somehow a campaign against organized religion would affect social change and plus I think it is ignoring so many other contributing factors when it comes to those who use religious beliefs to justify doing harm to others. If it wasn't that it would be something else as the problem is man's nature not the excuse he uses. IMO people just don't want to admit they are here to argue just for the sake of arguing because it takes away from the stance they want to claim as somehow being part of a more enlightened segment of society because they don't believe in God.
If they were as smart as they think they are they wouldn't spend all this time on Topix arguing these circular debates that have been recycled for years. The reason I haven't been around of late is I am going to start taking my own advice! I peeked in and read enough to know i wasn't interested. Any time there is some internal conflict people come out of the woodwork hoping to further rock the boat. But I agree, there will never be an agreement for people to go their separate ways and those who don't believe.. fine and those that do believe..fine. If people want to spend all their time scrutinizing something they don't even believe in that is their choice but I don't understand the motivation
(T) Peace
they test faith with science? that laughing thing. that like saying you testing the wind versus apple computer. what one have to with the other? nothing. science is just discovered information, that all. God have unlimited information, so how you going to test limited discovered information against unlimited information? I tell you writer sometime I think science people privately laugh when they think they have a test to neutralize God.

How I think what people believe on a daily matters in that everyone think about they mortality. we all know we only have limited time on earth. and if a person have common sense, they must think about where they come from or what life mean and things like that. and when they hear a christian say they God is the real God, they want to know why? some people not care. they just think life is short, so live it up until you die.

but I think most people wonder about they future and they no want to embrace Jesus. so they argue against Jesus.

But I agree in that most people just come here to argue. religion is a very sensitive subject. religion is not something you can debate in polite company and no risk losing a friend. so they come on the billboard and vent to they heart content.

we can learn from each other on the billboard. but what I prove even to myself, is that no amount of discussion or questioning or venting on the billboard can affect faith. because faith is personal, science is impersonal. faith in inner experience, science is external experience. science can confirm only so much. faith can confirm the creator of the universe to the believer.

Science cannot compete with faith. but those that argue for science believe the opposite. and it interesting to see them try.

Location hidden

#479364 Jan 21, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am from Ohio too....
Later
I'm back...had business...didn't mean ta be rude.
Small world huh?
Ohio is too flat fer me, but it is family that is important. I miss the surf too.

With Established Harem

#479365 Jan 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
.. aciu !!..

.. the debate about becoming perfect is not alien to me ..

.. guilt and shame are optional ..

Location hidden

#479366 Jan 21, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Oh and BT 42.....Le_Le is a female not male
OH MY! I have violated some sanctity here for sure.
If you read this Le Le, I apologize-an ya got a free shot com'n.
I also forwarded your message to winlac. They are grateful. TY

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479367 Jan 21, 2013
King_of_Arabiya 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is truly boring ....I don't think..anyone would like to read it......
I'm happy you feel that way.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#479368 Jan 21, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Early Morning CS...
Shalom! My brother from another mother. Sorry to be responding so late. How was your weekend?

Andrew (CS).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min okimar 2,437
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min PadMark 678,910
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 33 min Tony 6,260
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 40 min ROCCO 118,945
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 41 min New Age Spiritual... 33,215
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 52 min GlobalNewsYTube 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min trifecta1 982,134
More from around the web