Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#479245 Jan 20, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
youtube wrote:
666 ......'guessing-game' ENDS HERE (ID'd)
www.youtube.com/watch ...
<quoted text>
668...the Neighbor of the Beast
LOL.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#479246 Jan 20, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir Lumina, your new avatar is an interesting one indeed. I have been well, blessed I believe is the more appropriate word in this case. I sense a change in you mon amie, I am not sure why I feel this way, how have you been petite? Obviously you are at the moment dealing with unpleasantries. By the way, are you still reading the Kingdom of God is within you? If you have forgotten or do not remember I would be more than happy to send you another copy.
Hello Sora :) lovely to see you. I'm glad you've been blessed and pray that you will receive many more Blessings throughout your life. My unpleasantries are more to do with my physical state which no doubt can colour my views at times. I am changing as far as posting in this strange, wonderful, yet at times, harrowing world of topix. As a Christian I've found myself confronted with very new circumstances and experiences, as a person I've had some fun and laughter as well as sadness. I guess I'm trying to adapt.
As for the Kingdom of God is Within You, I'm afraid I'm still trying to work through some of the American historical political concepts in chapter one and find it hard to mix politics with religion the way it is portrayed in the book. There is a lot of talk of the law as far as the Bible is concerned and I am struggling with it.

<quoted text>
"'The Net of Faith' is Christ's teaching, which ought to draw man up out of the dark depths of the sea of worldliness and his own iniquity. True faith consists in believing God's Word; but now a time has come when men mistake the true faith for heresy, and therefore it is for the reason to point out what the true faith consists in, if anyone does not know this. It is hidden in darkness from men, and they do not recognize the true law of Christ.
<end of quoted text>

I understand and agree with part of this, and don't understand where the heresy lies, in context to the previous paragraph. Is it saying that men who claim to follow Christ ignore the law or focus on it too much?

That's just one example of what concepts I'm trying to wrap my head around. I've saved the text to my iPhone library so dw, it is not lost and I must admit that I gave up on it after awhile...no doubt I'll try again sometime.

<3

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#479247 Jan 20, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny-:)
You believe I can't voice my opinion-
yet others can??
As far s satana goes- is he yer god??
Yer not voic'n yer opinion son. Yer accus'n an harrass'n a child o' maker ta guild yer own lilly. Ther's a difference.
Yer santana? No...I got no need fer such trinkets o' yer cult idols. Ya deface the ALL everytime ya spew such man made lies.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#479248 Jan 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>well said writer.
This is a grisly mistake I think unbelievers always do. Because I use to think that way as well especially with buddhism. they think that is God job to find them. they think God is their servant instead of they being God's servant. They want God to chase them down like paparazzi and tell them Jesus is me son serve him. me laughing! that is the worse mistake a unbeliever can make. Because God quite happy knowing he supply the bible. you want God, seek God.
And another thing that perplex me with unbelievers. The jesus follower that worship Jesus as God, have to experience a spiritual experience to do that. person cannot worship Jesus on head knowledge alone, they must have had a personal spiritual experience with Jesus Christ.
Yet the unbeliever, that never had that experience, is going to argue with the Christian that had the experience, that they never had the experience and Jesus not God. iyai!
That why unbelievers is strange to me sometimes. I not even know why they waste time have discussion with a Christian. I guess they want to know why Jesus just like me one time. But after they reject Jesus I no know why they can't let go argue with the Christian. it futile, but they can't see that.
Yeah I saw a response t my post from someone saying they tested faith with science. IMO there was no point to respond to that. To each their own but to me that is not seeking and that is why it produces the results it does which is still no faith. I hear most claim they stay this engaged with Christianity claiming some sort of social oppression but nobody has ever given me an example of how what people believe affects them adversely on a day-to-day basis.

I am not a fan of extremism of any kind and that includes politics but people will always incorporate their own beliefs into their political agenda so it is a silly argument people make that somehow a campaign against organized religion would affect social change and plus I think it is ignoring so many other contributing factors when it comes to those who use religious beliefs to justify doing harm to others. If it wasn't that it would be something else as the problem is man's nature not the excuse he uses. IMO people just don't want to admit they are here to argue just for the sake of arguing because it takes away from the stance they want to claim as somehow being part of a more enlightened segment of society because they don't believe in God.

If they were as smart as they think they are they wouldn't spend all this time on Topix arguing these circular debates that have been recycled for years. The reason I haven't been around of late is I am going to start taking my own advice! I peeked in and read enough to know i wasn't interested. Any time there is some internal conflict people come out of the woodwork hoping to further rock the boat. But I agree, there will never be an agreement for people to go their separate ways and those who don't believe.. fine and those that do believe..fine. If people want to spend all their time scrutinizing something they don't even believe in that is their choice but I don't understand the motivation

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#479249 Jan 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>They posted so many lol pretty soon one thinks it just part of the decore and does not pay much mind.But once in awhile I post just for the fun of it to them.
Lol... When on my phone I don't even see them, ah well, each to their own.
<3

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#479250 Jan 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Yer not voic'n yer opinion son. Yer accus'n an harrass'n a child o' maker ta guild yer own lilly. Ther's a difference.
Yer santana? No...I got no need fer such trinkets o' yer cult idols. Ya deface the ALL everytime ya spew such man made lies.
ha ha!
Ok..

Never been one to engage in bs..
for very long..

So, hope you find another to bounce off of..

Location hidden

#479251 Jan 20, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Hey CJ

Just waving HI
hroola

Rochester, PA

#479252 Jan 20, 2013
youtube.com/watch... He doesnt love anyone hes dead

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#479253 Jan 20, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... When on my phone I don't even see them, ah well, each to their own.
<3
Yes each to his or hers own.They responsible for there own actions.
Besides a opinion is opinion and that is all it is does not always mean it is true.Just think of it as part of the decore of this thread.

Location hidden

#479254 Jan 20, 2013
If I missed any posts it was not intentional. I stopped trying to catch up with posts still left from last Monday.

Anyway just stopping in to say hello for the most part. Been enjoying a few days off

Have a good night everyone

(T) Peace
Sora

San Diego, CA

#479256 Jan 20, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Sora :) lovely to see you. I'm glad you've been blessed and pray that you will receive many more Blessings throughout your life. My unpleasantries are more to do with my physical state which no doubt can colour my views at times. I am changing as far as posting in this strange, wonderful, yet at times, harrowing world of topix. As a Christian I've found myself confronted with very new circumstances and experiences, as a person I've had some fun and laughter as well as sadness. I guess I'm trying to adapt.
As for the Kingdom of God is Within You, I'm afraid I'm still trying to work through some of the American historical political concepts in chapter one and find it hard to mix politics with religion the way it is portrayed in the book. There is a lot of talk of the law as far as the Bible is concerned and I am struggling with it.
<quoted text>
"'The Net of Faith' is Christ's teaching, which ought to draw man up out of the dark depths of the sea of worldliness and his own iniquity. True faith consists in believing God's Word; but now a time has come when men mistake the true faith for heresy, and therefore it is for the reason to point out what the true faith consists in, if anyone does not know this. It is hidden in darkness from men, and they do not recognize the true law of Christ.
<end of quoted text>
I understand and agree with part of this, and don't understand where the heresy lies, in context to the previous paragraph. Is it saying that men who claim to follow Christ ignore the law or focus on it too much?
That's just one example of what concepts I'm trying to wrap my head around. I've saved the text to my iPhone library so dw, it is not lost and I must admit that I gave up on it after awhile...no doubt I'll try again sometime.
<3
Bonsoir Lumina, the writings of Leo Tolstoy are meant to be studied and probed most of the novels he wrote are philisophical in nature. His Christian beliefs got him excommunicated from the Russian Orthodox Church. Tolstoy's understanding of the Bible and his Christian beliefs were later shaped by the Sermon on the Mount. What were the two things that Jesus commanded of his Disciples above all else Lumina? It is herein that your answer lies. I look foward to hearing your response. The writings of Tolstoy's Christian thoughts seem in my opinion heretical still to the Russian Orthodox Church. Go back to it when you are ready to read, this book influenced many non-violence movements including Gandhi's.

Location hidden

#479255 Jan 20, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha!
Ok..
Never been one to engage in bs..
for very long..
So, hope you find another to bounce off of..
Ya kin call the stuff I quoted ta ya from yer Jesus BS all ya want...yer defac'n yer Jesus an digg'n yer own grave by yer own words.
As he said,,,It ain't what goes in the mouth, but what comes out of it that condemns a man...an that is what you will be judged by...(says yer Jesus).
Sora

San Diego, CA

#479257 Jan 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I saw a response t my post from someone saying they tested faith with science. IMO there was no point to respond to that. To each their own but to me that is not seeking and that is why it produces the results it does which is still no faith. I hear most claim they stay this engaged with Christianity claiming some sort of social oppression but nobody has ever given me an example of how what people believe affects them adversely on a day-to-day basis.
I am not a fan of extremism of any kind and that includes politics but people will always incorporate their own beliefs into their political agenda so it is a silly argument people make that somehow a campaign against organized religion would affect social change and plus I think it is ignoring so many other contributing factors when it comes to those who use religious beliefs to justify doing harm to others. If it wasn't that it would be something else as the problem is man's nature not the excuse he uses. IMO people just don't want to admit they are here to argue just for the sake of arguing because it takes away from the stance they want to claim as somehow being part of a more enlightened segment of society because they don't believe in God.
If they were as smart as they think they are they wouldn't spend all this time on Topix arguing these circular debates that have been recycled for years. The reason I haven't been around of late is I am going to start taking my own advice! I peeked in and read enough to know i wasn't interested. Any time there is some internal conflict people come out of the woodwork hoping to further rock the boat. But I agree, there will never be an agreement for people to go their separate ways and those who don't believe.. fine and those that do believe..fine. If people want to spend all their time scrutinizing something they don't even believe in that is their choice but I don't understand the motivation
(T) Peace
Bonsoir Skombolis, as you know my beliefs and Seraphine's we are neither fanatical nor extreme interstingly enough many of oir Christian brothers and sisters in the real world have critisized us for not doing enough for the faith. We remind them that we are told not to act as the Hypocrities do. We prefer to lead by example and not by mere words. People may so whatever they like but it is your actions people focus on. What do you think? As you can see Seraphine and I have cordial conversations with atheists and agnostics. I prefer to see the similarities in people and not the differences if you condemn or judge someone for differing beliefs then tell them not to do the same to you. We are told by Jesus to take the mote out of our own eye before we remove it from another person's. I find it ironic that not many are adhering to this advice. I suppose forums like these can bring out the worst characteristics in people.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#479258 Jan 20, 2013
*Say*
*Our*

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#479259 Jan 20, 2013
Sora wrote:
*Say*
*Our*
*hear*
*your*

?

Location hidden

#479260 Jan 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
If I missed any posts it was not intentional. I stopped trying to catch up with posts still left from last Monday.
Anyway just stopping in to say hello for the most part. Been enjoying a few days off
Have a good night everyone
(T) Peace
That was nice what ya said fer DoC Skom. I'm sure it will be taken ta heart by his folks an friends. TY BT42
Sora

San Diego, CA

#479261 Jan 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
*hear*
*your*
?
Bonsoir Monsieur, what is your opinion of my thoughts?

Location hidden

#479262 Jan 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>There beautiful would you agree.My wild squirrels,white doves and hummingbirds would have a ball of a time in tress like theses but they have to settle for the cotton wood and pines out here.

I have two cedar chest made from this type of wood.Really old ones.
I'd love to get a nice big cedar chest :)

Location hidden

#479263 Jan 20, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Skombolis, as you know my beliefs and Seraphine's we are neither fanatical nor extreme interstingly enough many of oir Christian brothers and sisters in the real world have critisized us for not doing enough for the faith. We remind them that we are told not to act as the Hypocrities do. We prefer to lead by example and not by mere words. People may so whatever they like but it is your actions people focus on. What do you think? As you can see Seraphine and I have cordial conversations with atheists and agnostics. I prefer to see the similarities in people and not the differences if you condemn or judge someone for differing beliefs then tell them not to do the same to you. We are told by Jesus to take the mote out of our own eye before we remove it from another person's. I find it ironic that not many are adhering to this advice. I suppose forums like these can bring out the worst characteristics in people.
Someone that I have clashed with frequently sent me a t-mail surprised I had a social position in tune with their own. I respected that this person sent the t-mail for several reasons and a point I hope I was at least somewhat successful in making was to remind this poster that what they see on Topix a lot of times is the fringe elements. Just like the people in the news often are extremists. People that are moderate and not controversial or think like the average person is not what is considered "newsworthy" these days. Shock-value sells and while many of the lunatics believe their own ramblings it doesn't change the fact that they get the ink because it controversial. And yes some things may resonate among other extremists but for the most part "news" is about shock.

Anyway my point was your average Christian isn't going around condemning people to hell or telling people natural disasters happened as punishment for gay people. Most the Christians I know are ones that know they have enough mess in their own backyard to worry about and that would make it hypocritical to be judging the mess in others. And they just want want most people want. They want to protect their loved ones, to have some measure of financial security, and to find happiness. And when they can to try to help those around them even in little ways. Whether people believe in God or not rarely changes the basic desires and needs and goals or people. What motivates us may be different when it comes to faith or how we deal with problems or where we turn for strength by the goals are still the same.

People, for the most part, are just people. Some good, some bad. And that line has nothing to do with faith. It is silly to let it divide us when there is common ground. I don't need to believe what you believe or vice versa for you and I to do something kind for someone. We don't need to agree politically on how to solve all the problems of the world in order to want the same things. I think the most ironic thing isn't even the hypocrisy but the absolute meaningless differences we focus on and let divide us.

And i don't mean meaningless as in the things themselves are meaningless but I mean there is no reason for the division. Gender, race, religion, ethnicity, etc. These are some of the biggest social dividers. But as far as society shouldn't the only divider that really matters the line between people who add to society and people who take away? Faith is between man and God. If you are someone who can treat others humanely than I don't care what you believe or what gender or you are or skin color you have, you will be OK in my book. And I mean you people in general, not you specifically.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#479264 Jan 20, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir Luciana, I am overjoyed to know you are fine, hopefully soon you will feel better :) I love you.
Love you too :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 839,961
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min Mr Ironhart 4,636
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min Jarring 100,083
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 33 min Paul is dead 1966 3,079
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 40,534
What happened to the emmastubate thread about E... 1 hr bubba brown 7
Israel End is Near 2 hr MUQ2 112
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Tony17 590,799
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Insults Are Easier 271,403
More from around the web