haku

Williamsburg, KY

#479101 Jan 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That kind of mental badgering causes psychosis, and eventually physical problems, rendering the subject a liability rather than an asset(unless, the object is to acquire the subjects assets).
how can one be objective when subjecting/controlling.

i think i finally had enough
i think i might think to much

schrodingers thought paradox

with what you mete it will be meted to you. you're always meeting self.

i set fire to the rain
i'm gonna baptize you with fire
let me love you

i'm wide awake

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#479102 Jan 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> One of a "network" of allegiances and kings placed in power by the ruling class(s) of the entire region. These "kings" were thought to be "holy" advocates of the "gods" or even gods or demigods themselves, and their lifespans are even purported to be beyond those of the ones depicted in the bible. The advent of Abraham(Abrum) was the result of territorial wars between these greedy dominant powers. It was about power, assets and money-not religion or belief. No different than it is today. Religion fear of those "demigods" was an extremely effective tool used to control the minds and actions of the multitudes under subject of the "kings".
Trading daughters of royal "blood" ensured their commitment to each other as rulers and alliances in a common power. Egypt placed many "kings" in place who adopted local names(such as Israel and Assyria) so as to become more acceptable to the peoples of a particular area of the empire.
I understand perfectly what you are saying here and agree with you.
I done some digging into the life style of the Egyptian empire.There tech was amazing for there time period.On a day to day living scale could you imagine put yourself in that place with that many wives to feed and all the scrappin those women could have done with each other.Then think about all the children that most probably born and more mouths to feed and then when they got to scrappin over something.Talk about a mans self made problem.
smok wawelski

Williamsburg, KY

#479103 Jan 20, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
What's missing, you asked??' For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, and whosoever BELIEVETH in HIM (Jesus) shall have everlasting life'
god so loved the world

not some parts of it

energy cannot be created/destroyed. it simply changes form. 1st law of thermodynamics

Psalm 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

this is the part of me that you are never, ever gonna take from me.

Revelation 5:1
And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#479104 Jan 20, 2013
haku wrote:
<quoted text>how can one be objective when subjecting/controlling.
i think i finally had enough
i think i might think to much
schrodingers thought paradox
with what you mete it will be meted to you. you're always meeting self.
i set fire to the rain
i'm gonna baptize you with fire
let me love you
i'm wide awake
50/50
Are you absolutely sure?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#479105 Jan 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for that link Drew, I did read a good portion of it but not all yet, and it makes a good point for those who want to make a argument that Peter wasn't the head of the Church but Peter was directly commanded by the Lord himself to feed his sheep, and he was the one who stood up among the 120 on the day of Pentecost and preached the very first sermon on our Lord Jesus directly after the gift of the Holy Ghost was poured out.
It is possible that the Apostles decided to devide certain districts up among themselves ( this is only speculation on my part ) and wherever services and/or meetings took place the head of that church location was the one in charge, I know when Paul was converted he sought out Peter also for communication to confirm that they had the exact same gospel of Jesus Christ, so I still believe that the Lord made Peter the overall head of the church.
Blessings.
Glad you took the time to check it out, Scott. Moreover, when we actually look at what Peter preached and what Paul preached there are stark differences even though, in reality, they never contradicted each other. The misunderstanding was put to rest when Peter and the other apostles to the Jews realized that it was the resurrection of Jesus Christ that validated Jesus as being the acceptable sacrifice for the sins of mankind, our substitute, the one who paid our penalty, and these things weren't initially preached by Peter.

What many people don't truly realize is that the apostles didn't go out from Jerusalem and Judea, taking the gospel to the nations as commanded (very disobedient, wouldn't you say?), because they were expecting the immediate return of Jesus Christ to set up His kingdom here on earth. So God called Paul to do what they didn't do, and (in obedience) that is to preach to the nations (all people) that Jesus didn't just come to set up a kingdom to free the Jews from Roman oppression, but He came to deliver mankind from the penalty of sin. The Bible states that wherever Paul went to minister, he first went to the synagogues to preach to the Jews the good news before he went to the Gentiles. Paul went on to say that if he could forfeit his own salvation for the salvation of his Jewish brethren, then he would do it.

You can investigate the differences in the gospels that were preached by Peter and Paul here:

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/2gospels.html#Dif...

Location hidden

#479106 Jan 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand perfectly what you are saying here and agree with you.
I done some digging into the life style of the Egyptian empire.There tech was amazing for there time period.On a day to day living scale could you imagine put yourself in that place with that many wives to feed and all the scrappin those women could have done with each other.Then think about all the children that most probably born and more mouths to feed and then when they got to scrappin over something.Talk about a mans self made problem.
No. I couldn't !
LOL! Self made hell is more like it!

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#479107 Jan 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for that link Drew, I did read a good portion of it but not all yet, and it makes a good point for those who want to make a argument that Peter wasn't the head of the Church but Peter was directly commanded by the Lord himself to feed his sheep, and he was the one who stood up among the 120 on the day of Pentecost and preached the very first sermon on our Lord Jesus directly after the gift of the Holy Ghost was poured out.
It is possible that the Apostles decided to devide certain districts up among themselves ( this is only speculation on my part ) and wherever services and/or meetings took place the head of that church location was the one in charge, I know when Paul was converted he sought out Peter also for communication to confirm that they had the exact same gospel of Jesus Christ, so I still believe that the Lord made Peter the overall head of the church.
Blessings.
And let me add that I'm not trying to make you change how you believe, I'm merely just trying to show why I believe as I do.

The essential thing is that we trust in the resurrected Jesus as the Savior because He alone paid the price, a price that we could never pay, by offering His life for us. Nobody killed Him. He willingly offered Himself in our place.

Location hidden

#479109 Jan 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> No. I couldn't !
LOL! Self made hell is more like it!

I know I know just pinch them behind the knee cap and tell them
life is just a bowl of cherries but along with it comes the pits.lol lol.I almost feel sorry for Solomon,but as they say he made the bed so sleep in it.lol lol All beds should be made with peace,contentment and happiness this is my opinion bingo then no problems nothing worse than quarrelson people under one roof.

Location hidden

#479110 Jan 20, 2013
Cedars of Lebanon.

King Solomon used wood from the stately cedars of Lebanon in making his temple.Theses trees can grow to a height of 120 feet,with a cirumference of up to 40 feet.The wood is fragant free of knots and is not attracked by insects.Once very plentiful in Labanon cedars are now very rare there.The are the country's national emblem today,appearing on it national flag.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#479111 Jan 20, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Poor 'ol Meathead...
Will you tell me, please
How do you get this link on youtube to show up on your post?

Location hidden

#479112 Jan 20, 2013
Date Palms.

The Bible mentions many fruits including apples,figs,dates,pomegranates ,grapes,nuts,
and olives.The Date Palm was one of the most
valuable fruit trees in bibical lands.Almost every
part of the tree was used:the fruit,pits,leaves,
trunk,crown and the branches.

Location hidden

#479113 Jan 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I know just pinch them behind the knee cap and tell them
life is just a bowl of cherries but along with it comes the pits.lol lol.I almost feel sorry for Solomon,but as they say he made the bed so sleep in it.lol lol All beds should be made with peace,contentment and happiness this is my opinion bingo then no problems nothing worse than quarrelson people under one roof.
Sooooo true.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#479114 Jan 20, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
And let me add that I'm not trying to make you change how you believe, I'm merely just trying to show why I believe as I do.
The essential thing is that we trust in the resurrected Jesus as the Savior because He alone paid the price, a price that we could never pay, by offering His life for us. Nobody killed Him. He willingly offered Himself in our place.
Amen

'And up from the grave He Arose!

Location hidden

#479115 Jan 20, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you tell me, please
How do you get this link on youtube to show up on your post?
One method is to right click on it and then copy URL. Then right click and paste where you want to insert it.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#479116 Jan 20, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY..I am NOT a Jew though. I am a Gentile and I can say that Jesus IS MY SAVIOUR. When I went to Israel, those Jews didnt look miserable to me. They make a lot of money panhandling from tourist. Money made BECAUSE of the history of JESUS..<smile> Have a good day King of Arabiya, I will continue praising the KING of the JEWS.
Thx Grace hope u to have great day ahead. But don't you think that Jew historians till date says the same thing that Jesus is fake. His miracles are not miracles but just magic tricks .....and accuse Jesus of having illicit relationship with Mari Macdiline whom they labeled as a famous prostitute of that time.
These claims were made by Jew historians of that time.
What do you think about it....

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#479117 Jan 20, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
'And up from the grave He Arose!
Amen indeed!!!

And what a gift God gave to us through His risen Son Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:16-17.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Praise God!!!
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#479118 Jan 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> One method is to right click on it and then copy URL. Then right click and paste where you want to insert it.
Thank you sir, that is very helpful, I will try that

Location hidden

#479119 Jan 20, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sir, that is very helpful, I will try that
OH. Also ...it does not show up as a "blue" link until it is posted...and it doesn't "always" work as expected.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#479120 Jan 20, 2013
King_of_Arabiya 2 wrote:
<quoted text>T....
These claims were made by Jew historians of that time.
No. Not "of that time", at least none who's writing survives.

We all are entitled to our opinions.

But we all must deal with the same facts.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#479121 Jan 20, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
The more you become love, the less you sin ---possibly, but not probably
If you entertain sin in your mind, the less love you'll be?....getting too technical , mind boggling!
BLL, when you say "I have never said that" are you saying we are lieing about what you posted? You have most diffinetly said "To walk perfect, like Jesus instructed, to obey all the commandments.
Why ask for forgiveness, if we believe we are saved anyway?---I will always ask God to forgive me when I have sinned (I know when I goofed up and sinned, I have guilt and even though I have FAITH I am SAVED, I will ask forgiveness for the wrong I have done.
(Running out of space,)....So, LOVE is what you meant by being PERFECT, and can enter Heaven, not NOT SINNING ...and if you have LOVE, you won't Sin?
Hi SP,
I guess it would be more of an apology than asking for something that we already received but we are human and it is our nature to ask for forgiveness. I like your post. You are exactly right IMHO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min pusherman_ 778,495
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Tony17 560,538
Couch Potato Alert 19 min yon 11
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 27 min yon 4,900
Gay snapchat names 1 hr ray 176
Moses never existed 1 hr Khatru 834
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 2 hr lokito 11
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 265,472
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 10 hr risque 137
More from around the web