Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#478956 Jan 20, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
hatred,fear,and evil is very REAL in this sinful,spiritually fallen and depraved world we live in
Maybe we should just end the world, huh? Or let it die.

I think I sense another embroidered throw pillow author in the offing.

This is a such beautiful philosophy indeed. Fortunately, there is a church on just about every street corner of American training millions of people to think just like this. How can that not be a good thing?

No wonder we give them a $71 billion tax break to do it.

Fennario

#478957 Jan 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I see why my writing so disheartening for you to read. look at all you write, what a heavy and cumbersome burden of a philosophy you life.
So you think *I'm* the one with the heavy and cumbersome worldview?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#478958 Jan 20, 2013
simplyput wrote:
CHOOSING to remain Sinful, is one who DOESN"T believe in Jesus, that He died for us and AROSE sitting on the right side of GOD, and this sinner remains in this unforgiven state.
Once you have accepted Jesus into your Heart, you do not want to sin WILLFULLY, in other words , premeditate (plan) to sinning, then , say well God will forgive me.
Are you speaking for yourself, or every believer?

How do you determine that? How many Roman Catholic priests, or televangelist, was believed to be truthful and trustworthy until they got exposed as blatant sinners? Which one of all those that got exposed revealed their sin and repented before they got exposed? Are you saying that all these so-called "believers" wanted to sin, willfully, from the moment they seemingly accepted Christ? Are you saying that they all intended on returning to willful sin even before they seemingly accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior?
simplyput wrote:
But we can SIN and not willfully mean too, everyday. It is our nature,
This "nature" you speak of, in our modern perceptions, is different from that of the first century Hebrew and Greek perception. Sin did't become part of our genetic makeup.
simplyput wrote:
If we know we have sinned , then sure we will ask for forgivness,
What's the point if your salvation is secured and guaranteed? Wouldn't such an act prove a lack of faith in the finished word on the cross?
simplyput wrote:
God knows our Hearts if we MEANT to do this sin.
So, what if that's what we face in that day of Judgment? What if what's brought to the table is all the sins we committed willfully after accepting Christ as our Lord and Savior? What do you think "God" will say? Do you think they'll be consequence for such negligence, and outright rebellion and disobedience?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478959 Jan 20, 2013
Tears in Heaven

Arms of the Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Titus 3:9-11
But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self condemned.

Titus 2:13
While we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Peace and love to all <3

Fennario

#478960 Jan 20, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
The 10 commandments may be moral and righteous BUT they are Gods Morals and were never given to the jews with the "expectation" that they could obey them perfectly.
Hi Grace.

What I would ask you is what I ask anybody who attempts to smooth over what appear to be the rough patches in the bible:

How do you know? In this case, what gives you the confidence to assert that your god didn't expect the people to follow them perfectly? I'm pretty sure that if you slipped - say with the adultery or sabbath rule - that you could expect to be stoned to death.
Grace Walker wrote:
God gave the JEWS these laws to show them just how "incapable" they were to meet Gods Holy standards.
And where did he tell us that?

When the claim is that the bible is inconsistent, self-contradictory, or otherwise deficient, the apparent difficulty needs to be rectified using the bible. If the apologist is free to throw in any just-so explanation that she chooses, we can make night into day, up into down, and east into west. To wit:

SUSPECT 1: When the murder occurred, it was night, and the moon was just coming up in the east.

SUSPECT 2 (being interviewed separately): When the murder occurred, it was day, and the moon was just going down in the west.

COP: Your accomplice said the opposite. That's contradiction.

SUSPECT 2: No contradiction. He was talking about Australia, not the scene of the crime. So, we are in perfect agreement. In New York, it was night, up and east,but in Australia it was day, down, and west. See? Our story is perfect.

COP: How do you know that he was talking about Australia?Why would he be doing that?

SUSPECT 2: He must have meant that. Nothing else makes sense.

JURY (months later): Guilty

Fennario

#478961 Jan 20, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
The "LAW" (all 613 but especially the big "10") were given to show them thier need for a Saviour. Jesus Christ..
The Jews disagree. Let me ask on their behalf: Where does our bible say that?
Grace Walker wrote:
The commandments are Just, Holy and Righteous
Although I might dispute that, that doesn't address the claim. The claim was they are inadequate. They don't address the most important moral issues. Children sassing their parents is hardly of any great concern to anybody except perhaps to somebody interested in authority and submission.
Grace Walker wrote:
However, They will not make anyone Just, Holy and Righteous BECAUSE Nobody has ever obeyed them fully except for Jesus Christ. When Jesus was teaching, He even raised the standards a little higher than they originally were and People STILL thought they could obey them..Thats WHY Jesus came..God wanted to reconcile man back to Himself. He knew it wasn't our fault that we were born into sin and had a "sin nature". God is Holy and there was no way that we humans could ever Pay the penalty for that sin without being eternally seperated from Him. Since the penalty for sin is death, we all would die in our sins UNLESS someone else else paid the sin debt for us!! Jesus took our place and offered Himself as payment. He paid OUR sin debt to a Holy God So We can be reconciled Back to God. Jesus became sin so we can become righteous. An exchange took place. I can post scripture after scritpture to prove this to be true but I also understand that you dont believe the bible but if you are interested in learning more about the Gospel, I am willing to show you. Running out of space so I will stop. Just hope this shed some light on the confusion my friend. CS should have told you this.
Thanks for that, Grace, but it doesn't rebut the claim made at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... that the Ten Commandments are an inadequate moral code, even for its day.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478962 Jan 20, 2013
John Stott
Life in Christ
<quoted text>

Drop your still dews of quietness,
till all our strivings cease;
take from our souls the strain and stress,
and let our ordered lives confess
the beauty of your peace,
the beauty of your peace.

Breathe through the heats of our desire
your coolness and your balm;
let sense be dumb, let flesh retire,
speak through the earthquake, wind, and fire,
O still small voice of calm,
O still small voice of calm!

J.G Whittier

Have a Blessed day everyone <3
EINSTEINIS

Hollywood, FL

#478963 Jan 20, 2013
The Hebrews were absorbed or killed off by the superior ladinos. Hopefully ur genes are next!

Fennario

#478964 Jan 20, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
In regards to my politics I do not support based on religion I support them based on my values and whether they would be the best person for the job at hand in regards to experience.
Where do your values come from? How do you decide who would be the best person for the job? Could a candidate that supports legalizing same sex marriage be the best person for the job without the other candidate having some huge defect to offset it?
Seraphine wrote:
Atheists and homosexuals as I stated before in my eyes are human beings and nor are they I believe the problem in society.
I agree.
Seraphine wrote:
The problem here is fanatacism and intolerance.
Agree again.

Where do you suppose that fanaticism and intolerance comes from? The Affirmations of Humanism?

Fennario

#478965 Jan 20, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
I am a Classical pianist and the avatar is actually my Grand piano. I have a preference for Classical music. My soulmate is a Classical guitarist.
Interesting.

I was just having dinner Friday evening with the euphonium player in the local symphony, and we were comparing the worlds of classical and folk music. We were explaining to a non-musician who asked us why we didn't get together after dinner for a musical performance. We both explained how difficult it was for two such musicians as we to even communicate. He can play anything off of sheet music, but can't jam - improvise. When people like me get together, we say things like, how about a slow blues in C-minor, which is usually meaningless to somebody from your world.

Incidentally, here is a great slow blues in C-minor from Led Zepplin

And here are the chords given in B-minor (the song is recorded a half step higher). This is standard for somebody like me, but has always cryptic to my classically trained friends:
http://www.cosmic-kitchen.com/song.php...

And here is the guitar solo in tablature, which we use in place of standard notation, since it is sensitive to which string is to be played, and at which fret. The image shown is essentially a guitar neck: http://www.guitaretab.com/l/led-zeppelin/1024...

As you know, there is only one middle C on the keyboard and euphonium, but four on the guitar, all indicated in red here: http://www.clarend.com/Theory/Guitar.htm

http://www.guitaretab.com/l/led-zeppelin/1024...

Thanks for sharing.

Fennario

#478966 Jan 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I don't [admire Lance Armstrong]. I see him as a sociopath.
Really? I don't know enough about him as a person to comment, apart from his cheating. Why do you say so?

Fennario

#478967 Jan 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
LOL! No. I was referring to the Constantinian compilation of fables and contradictions. But, I am glad it led you to something more useful. I find your "discourse" quite interesting.
Please carry on.
Thanks!

Fennario

#478968 Jan 20, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
lil whispers wrote:
This is a very poor way to form a joke.I find nothing amusing about it all. Now you made your point had your fun or poke which ever thrills you. Ha Ha.
It wasn't a joke. What made you think it was?
lil whispers wrote:
You bet I see gotta you loud and clear.
I don't think you do. You "gotta" me?
lil whispers wrote:
Gotta you pegged for just what you are. No problem.

Atsa nice. What am I?
lil whispers wrote:
No not angery
You could have fooled me.
lil whispers wrote:
I take my walk with God bless.
Yeah, I'm seeing that. Enjoy your walk. Don't forget a flashlight.

"lil whispers" - isn't that a brand of cat food?[BTW, now I'm joking with you. I'll be certain to let you know in the future as well. I'd add a laugh track if I could.]

Fennario

#478969 Jan 20, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
As I understand it, what he meant by making that statement is that, we have the ability to produce the conditions of heaven in our own lives.
I agree with that. I would call my life heaven on earth.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
In this, even the most vile atheist has the kingdom within them.
How about the most vile Christian?
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Of course, there exists stipulations that must be met, such as repentance, obedience, and faith
Now you've lost me. Repent what? My disgusting sin nature? Obedience to what? Your bible god?

I notice that you went right for Counter_Strike's mantra to describe heaven: submit.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Now, considering that I made that statement to a believer, what, in your opinion, makes her less worthy than the hypocrites, serpents, and vipers, that our anointed Savior said it to?
This is what I love about your religion: It's so upbeat.

If serpents and vipers are so wicked, why did your god leave my innocent and naïve ancestors alone with one that talks? Isn't that what law enforcement calls depraved indifference? From http://definitions.uslegal.com/d/depraved-ind...

"To constitute depraved indifference, the defendant's conduct must be 'so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so lacking in regard for the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy as to warrant the same criminal liability as that which the law imposes upon a person who intentionally causes a crime. Depraved indifference focuses on the risk created by the defendant’s conduct, not the injuries actually resulting. "

Your god allegedly left my people alone with an insanely brilliant, vicious and powerful snake. Now, most of us have to go to hell - an outcome he should have seen in his omniscience.

Do you think that that act meets the criteria above? Maybe Catcher can help us.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#478970 Jan 20, 2013
M_O_R_N_I_N_G

“Man has lost the capacity to foresee and to forestall. He will end by destroying the earth.”

~ Albert Schweitzer

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#478971 Jan 20, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, You know the importance of commitment. You have witnessed the devastating affects of broken commitments through the ages. Please help me to be a person who always keeps my promises and takes my commitments seriously. I pray that I would not ever commit a sin that passes consequences down to the generations that come after me, but that I will live a godly life that passes Your blessings and a Christian heritage down to those precious generations. In the name of Jesus, deliver me from all harm and evil and protect my family from the evil one. And as for me and my house, let us serve the Lord forever. In the Savior's name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

Fennario

#478972 Jan 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Nobody owns me. But you seem to have given yourself away. Thank you for sharing your mythology. It's quite beautiful really.
Dr Shrink wrote:
wrong God own you, He give your frish air breath,every morning sun, healthmgood food, get money from your work,God gave you family,and all kind of earthly products made from His Own created Earth God owns you, long rejection of Gods breath, cause a horible end without of breath and 6 fit down- after your death of looser
You live in a terrifying dream world. There's a word for that: nightmare.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#478973 Jan 20, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.

Psalm 106:1

K-Love

Fennario

#478974 Jan 20, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's good.
LOL. Thanks.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478975 Jan 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, You know the importance of commitment. You have witnessed the devastating affects of broken commitments through the ages. Please help me to be a person who always keeps my promises and takes my commitments seriously. I pray that I would not ever commit a sin that passes consequences down to the generations that come after me, but that I will live a godly life that passes Your blessings and a Christian heritage down to those precious generations. In the name of Jesus, deliver me from all harm and evil and protect my family from the evil one. And as for me and my house, let us serve the Lord forever. In the Savior's name I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen. How are you Epi :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Bongo 110,100
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Student 46,192
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Robert F 675,526
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min Gabrieldouche 982,288
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Sharonrinpa 184,715
All blacks should be deported to LIBERIA!!!! (Oct '08) 3 hr Sharonrinpa 8
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tonydolt 6,218
More from around the web