Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#478936 Jan 20, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I didn't take you seriously and acted defensively, I misunderstood and I apologise for my rudeness. I had not read the story before and I don't think I understood it to mean what some others seem to think. Maybe it's something I don't have backround context to, I don't know. I thought it was an interesting take on some posters put into a well written story and agreed with some of it, that's all. Your meaning of it is not familiar to me.
God Bless <3
lol Hey Juice... just a little truther here as I'm sure you are interested in the truth. I never wrote that story before. That's pretty much it, Smile... Speaking of which, The guy probaly didn't need to pay rent and utilities as he was already living rent free in her head.

#478937 Jan 20, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad I found this post..
Was looking for you!
:)
I am signing off for the night.
Going to post more to you tomorrow!
Long day and having the hardest time finding posts that I
glanced at when got here tonight-
that I wanted to answer..
ugh!!
So my dear- wishing you sweet dreams!
Love you lots too!
xo
Jack HFN and Drew- I will find your posts tomorrow..
Good night folks..
Have a good night Le le... I'll see you in your dreams! Smile.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#478938 Jan 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
I see. Well, I changed the pic so it didn't distress him...I have friends who were in Auschwitz, so I could understand the trauma, and if that was the case I surely don't wish to promote such distress.
Thanks
BT42
You did the right thing.

#478939 Jan 20, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>In Statesville, it blanketed the ground. By, maybe, 10:00 the next morning, it was gone, except for remnants that remained in the real shaded areas. I was happy.
Hey BLL, Nada where I'm at... barely some flurries came down. I'd rather deal with the winter stuff than the spring storms though... just me.

#478940 Jan 20, 2013
Welp, putting out a couple things... no intended offense to anyone as I continue to lists cults.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Name_Move...

I'm not sure if the House of Yahweh (HoY) and Assemblies of Yahweh (AoY) are connected... they don't seem to be.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#478941 Jan 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>lol Hey Juice... just a little truther here as I'm sure you are interested in the truth. I never wrote that story before. That's pretty much it, Smile... Speaking of which, The guy probaly didn't need to pay rent and utilities as he was already living rent free in her head.
Lol... Ok...thanks Qu, so much trouble over liking what someone writes...
<3

#478942 Jan 20, 2013
The True Grace of God
Prequel
Part 17

Grace and Freewill (Giving With A Willing Heart)

1. Last time this particular message of Grace and Freewill came about... it had showed how some tactics are used in church and on TV to entice people to give. Now though someone may give in faith and have the right motives in their heart (regardless of the tactic)... is being tricked into giving something that is not right to begin with "faith" or just plain ignorance? Well, I guess being tricked would be better than to knowingly give money into something that would furnish a lavish, jetsetting lifestyle to a leadership while one's family needs food.

2. Keep in mind that some will use the tithe under the law to put people in bondage. They preach grace alright but they would quote Malachi, which is under the law, in a heartbeat. Now tithing to God isn't wrong at all if one does so cheerfully... Abraham gave tithes freely (without threat) before the law but he gave 90% of the booty back to those he defeated. But the test to oneself is, "What if I didn't give that tithe?" Would Malachi come to mind? If so, then my giving in this sense would probaly be on the legalistic side of things.

A. Btw, know also that the first-fruits isn't the tithe... it isn't even a tenth of one's income, it is 1/60 or one-sixtieth of the person's agrarian income. Granted, we're no longer agrarian in that sense but you get the point. You may also hear those words "first-fruits" a lot also.

B. "Each man should give WHAT HE HAS DECIDED IN HIS HEART to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves A CHEERFUL GIVER." 2 Corinthians 9:7

(1). But what a man sows, that he shall reap. Look at what our Lord Jesus says:

Jesus: "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38

(2) Basically with the above scripture, it will be returned to you amplified (when given with the right motives)... oh, it may not come back to you in the same form or manner in which you gave it... and it may or may not be returned to you in this life, but the next.... The point is, you will reap what you sow and then some.

a. But more importantly, the Lord is more interested in a genuine, right motive (that is, worship) in our giving rather than the amount we give.

"Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people THREW IN LARGE AMOUNTS. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins,j worth only a fraction of a penny.

Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said,“I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.” Mark 12

Location hidden

#478943 Jan 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
The True Grace of God
Prequel
Part 17

Grace and Freewill (Giving With A Willing Heart)

1. Last time this particular message of Grace and Freewill came about... it had showed how some tactics are used in church and on TV to entice people to give. Now though someone may give in faith and have the right motives in their heart (regardless of the tactic)... is being tricked into giving something that is not right to begin with "faith" or just plain ignorance? Well, I guess being tricked would be better than to knowingly give money into something that would furnish a lavish, jetsetting lifestyle to a leadership while one's family needs food.

2. Keep in mind that some will use the tithe under the law to put people in bondage. They preach grace alright but they would quote Malachi, which is under the law, in a heartbeat. Now tithing to God isn't wrong at all if one does so cheerfully... Abraham gave tithes freely (without threat) before the law but he gave 90% of the booty back to those he defeated. But the test to oneself is, "What if I didn't give that tithe?" Would Malachi come to mind? If so, then my giving in this sense would probaly be on the legalistic side of things.

A. Btw, know also that the first-fruits isn't the tithe... it isn't even a tenth of one's income, it is 1/60 or one-sixtieth of the person's agrarian income. Granted, we're no longer agrarian in that sense but you get the point. You may also hear those words "first-fruits" a lot also.

B. "Each man should give WHAT HE HAS DECIDED IN HIS HEART to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves A CHEERFUL GIVER." 2 Corinthians 9:7

(1). But what a man sows, that he shall reap. Look at what our Lord Jesus says:

Jesus: "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38

(2) Basically with the above scripture, it will be returned to you amplified (when given with the right motives)... oh, it may not come back to you in the same form or manner in which you gave it... and it may or may not be returned to you in this life, but the next.... The point is, you will reap what you sow and then some.

a. But more importantly, the Lord is more interested in a genuine, right motive (that is, worship) in our giving rather than the amount we give.

"Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people THREW IN LARGE AMOUNTS. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins,j worth only a fraction of a penny.

Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said,“I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.” Mark 12
Amen <3

#478944 Jan 20, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Ok...thanks Qu, so much trouble over liking what someone writes...
<3
Personally, I've read the first thousand pages of this thread (at it's inception) to get a better idea of how this thread got started and it's purpose. I saw some good things and saw some uncomfortable situations to look at. So nothing has really changed much but because of the ebb and flow of the thread, some days are good in her and some days aren't so good.

Have a good one... calling it a night (more like early morning over here).

Location hidden

#478945 Jan 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, I've read the first thousand pages of this thread (at it's inception) to get a better idea of how this thread got started and it's purpose. I saw some good things and saw some uncomfortable situations to look at. So nothing has really changed much but because of the ebb and flow of the thread, some days are good in her and some days aren't so good.

Have a good one... calling it a night (more like early morning over here).

Ok, have a good one :)

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#478946 Jan 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Hey BLL, Nada where I'm at... barely some flurries came down. I'd rather deal with the winter stuff than the spring storms though... just me.
What I find hilarious is that the meteorologist on channel 9, the one that sounds like he always has a cold, said that the technology that only channel 9 has predicts no less than two inches for the Charlotte area, and three to four for Iredell County and the surrounding areas. At first and the way it was coming down, I thought he might be right! But, my brother, who lives in Charlotte, sent me pics that same night that proved otherwise. And then, just as the last flake covered the last remaining, uncovered spot, it stopped.

Meteorology is the greatest profession of all time, rivaled only by politics and religion!
funnywithmoney

Saltville, VA

#478947 Jan 20, 2013
just don't sin that's all.. it's not that hard..
funnywithmoney

Saltville, VA

#478948 Jan 20, 2013
the scripture is wrong..

what really happens when you give depends what the other person does with it..

and in addition to that..

the act of being called something or having something thrown as you counts as giving..

and the bible says to stay away from angry people lest you absorb their anger and become angry yourself..

because you gave them the ability to take their anger out on something which is you.

god must give you anger to fullfill his own prophecy so he warns about avoiding angry people..

and he warns about avoiding the fatherless or some sht because you get a curse

due to the fact that since their father is gone and they feel bad about it now god has to take something away from you to balance it out but this is only because of that mental contact with one another..

ok and the sad part is my biblical belief system is not solely biblical it is an analyzed and tested.. way of using these bible verses..

like some serious magic.. if you will..
funnywithmoney

Saltville, VA

#478949 Jan 20, 2013
reason why their snakes got eaten was because their snakes ate the previous magicians snakes..

reason why god let babylon win was because losing is future winning and you turn the other cheek to store up wins..
funnywithmoney

Saltville, VA

#478950 Jan 20, 2013
you can go to hell if some poor person knocks on your door and you don't let them in and you both die..

and come back to life in the heavens..

and they don't let you in their heaven house..

but it can also happen on earth before you even get to heaven and cancel out..
funnywithmoney

Saltville, VA

#478951 Jan 20, 2013
unless you consider the future the heaven of the past..

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#478952 Jan 20, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Why do so many people try to find "god" in a crappy, poorly-written, self-contradictory book?
Raise your sights.
Shouldn't you be asking, "Why do so many people try finding "God" in, what I believe to be, a crappy, poorly written, self-contradicting book?"

In return, I could ask you the same, but without mention of any book, but age-old tradition.

Are you basing your beliefs of the bible on personal study, or on the erroneous interpretations that this world's myriad of religious leaders have invented over the years?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#478953 Jan 20, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Everything doesn't have to seem so divisive to you.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Not everything does seem divisive to me. But here's something that does :

[1] "You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God." - James 4:4

And this:

[2]“If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”- Jesus (Luke 14:26)

Edited from http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Our anointed Savior often taught to the extreme. For example...

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Extreme, but unless we adopt such an extreme attitude toward one another, we're forever bound by each and every individual perception of love by each and every individual person. And look how profitable that's been for us, so far.

Matthew 18:8-9
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Extreme, again. But, common sense tells us how futile such an extreme sacrifice would be, to rid ourselves of one body part while leaving the other. If we pluck out one eye because we can't control our lusts, who's to say we won't lust with the remaining eye? But, our anointed Savior taught to such extremes in order to express the gravity of the situation. Perfection should be our goal, and his teaching serve as a warning to all of us, that excuses won't be accepted as to why we didn't make a valiant effort. I'm sure you've heard many a so-called "Christian" admit to premature defeat by claiming that none can become perfect, but such a foolish declaration contradicts what's written and instructed us. Many a so-called "Christian" prefers the lazy, er, lukewarm path to heaven.

Now, to address the verse you quoted.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

I think it's obvious our anointed Savior wouldn't just blatantly disregard the law without a justifiable reason. Again, we're faced with extreme measures. Perhaps, my illustration might explain this extreme measure.

[edited for space]

Understand?
What I understand is that the verse is divisive, which was my claim, and which is why I offered it. Was there a rebuttal to that in there?

Incidentally, a god has no business delivering its message in anything other than the clearest language. Perhaps you saw this at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :

"When you want to write poetry, you are deliberately vague. You leave room for the reader to connect the dots himself and add his own significance to his interpretation. But if you want to be understood, you should connect the dots yourself with expository prose."

That goes for gods as well.

When you have come to earth just once to deliver the most important message of all time, and souls are in the balance if it is not clear, you don't write in any language other than clear, direct, precise, and explicit language.

If you tell people to cut off a hand or pluck out an eye, and then leave them with those words for two millennia, hands will be cut off and eyes enucleated.

That is not the place for metaphor or exaggeration.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#478954 Jan 20, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Yes I see, but you did say SINNING, you were trying to defeat SIN to not even enter your mind. Not LOVE.
The more I become love, the less I sin. And if I entertain sin, in my mind, the less love I'll be.
simplyput wrote:
And you dont believe that once you were saved , that we are will always be saved, without being perfect.
Not only do I not believe that, but I never said that, either.
simplyput wrote:
God doesn't want Robots,'doing these things because we HAVE too. It is pleasing in God's eyes when we do all these things because we LOVE Him.
I've never said otherwise.

I obey the commandments because it benefits those I encounter, not because I hope to be saved. But, at the same time, my obedience to the commandments also proves my desire to be in the kingdom.
simplyput wrote:
We all know we should love one another, even us that believe in OSAS. We do not have to LIKE what our enemies do, or for that matter our FRIENDS, But we do have to LOVE them enough to pray for their souls, to get right with God.
And by whose standards of love do you reflect? If "God's," then how do you know what love is, according to "God?" Explain love, please and if you will, regarding marriage and divorce.
simplyput wrote:
Yes God knows our Hearts, and KNOWS also BLL, that we can NOT be PERFECT,
Then, why even instruct us to be as such if we can't, anyway?
simplyput wrote:
and HE doesn't need for us to even try.
Then, why even instruct us to be as such if its unnecessary?
simplyput wrote:
His Son Jesus took care of that for us, we have to TRUST and have FAITH , that He will RETURN for us, and He will not forsake us, BLL, have no fear.
His Son lived perfectly and died without sin so that he can represent us in the heavenly temple. In order to do that, he had to live as a man, and just as capable of falling to temptation and sin as we are, or he wouldn't be a reasonable, worthy substitute. By defeating temptation and sin, he was allowed to return to the spirit-realm, to approach Father as our mediator. His defense, for us, is an ancient one.

We tend to conveniently forget key scriptures when it profits our agendas. Our anointed Savior, for starters, came not to destroy the law. And secondly, he's the same, yesterday, today, and forever.

In ancient times, Israel was given sacrifice for remission of sins. This, all in all, means they were given grace. And this grace was bestowed upon Israel so that they could learn righteousness while having the penalty of their sins passed over. Why we think that anything is different today is beyond me. As I believe, this is only one way we boast against the branches, thinking that what was required of them is no longer required of anyone. Today, we bask in the gift of grace without having to sacrifice, but we don't understand it's purpose. The purpose of grace, today, is the same as yesterday, and it will remain the same even tomorrow. Grace is given to allow the participant a period to learn righteousness without fear of penalties. And as we learn to live as "God" intended us to live, originally, our anointed Savior continues to mediate for us.

It makes absolutely no sense to even think that an incarcerated criminal can remain committing crime while their attorney is trying to convince the judge, with bail-money in hand, that they're reformed and ready to re-enter society.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#478955 Jan 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Matthew 5:39 ...but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>First, I think it's best to define "meek" as "approachable" and "not easily angered." But, as to your assertions regarding the above quote that I inserted as your quote...

I know how it looks, but we have to also take into consideration other portions of verse. For starters, when the priesthood went to arrest our anointed Savior and as the story goes, Peter removed the ear of the servant. Obviously, then, Peter armed himself with a sword. And never do we read of our anointed Savior speaking against this, but only to warn him not to live by it. Furthermore, we have the following to consider...

Luke 22:35-38
And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

The point our anointed Savior was making was not that we become punching bags for anyone, but that we not be so hasty to retaliate, especially with violence. As we mature in his teachings, we'll become apt to discern the appropriate reaction in such situations.
The point your savior was making is in the eye of the beholder.

As I mentioned, I consider the advice to turn the other cheek when you are punched bad advice. Do you recall the discussion at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... which listed the alternatives to sticking out your other cheek to an aggressor?

[1] walk away
[2] negotiate a détente
[3] fight back
[4] put up your fists without fighting
[5] offer the sore, tender cheek
[6] turn the other cheek

Any comment about that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min Dee Dee Dee 88,717
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Big Al 996,590
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Big Al 703,884
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 4 hr chick fill a 12
WARNING To GOP Republicans 4 hr Bernie fan 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 4 hr Big Al 223,085
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 4 hr Jimbo 2