Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478855 Jan 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Sie sind ein hasserfüllt Narr.
fart
your german sucks like d...sucker,translator is like you,just stupid
Are you sure I am german?
he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeee pierdolniety polackij
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478856 Jan 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
<<<scroll>>>
prrrrrrr
loud stinking fart to you

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#478857 Jan 19, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I've concluded that that means that we're capable of producing the conditions of heaven in our own lives.
.. couldn't agree with you more. We'll get along just fine ..
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And if you understand it, the kingdom of heaven is also called "His rest." This "rest," then, is the condition I'm referring to.
Thomas 50:... if then ask, "What is the sign of your Father in you?" say to them, "It is movement and rest."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#478858 Jan 19, 2013
Ravens

The raven is the largest member of the crow family and it is first encountered in the story of Noah's flood(Genesis 8:7) It was one of the unclean animals (Leviticus 11:15).God's care for the raven was a symbol of his care for his people and it also was a symbol of jugment and desolation.

With Established Harem

#478859 Jan 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to thread, little sister.
You just taught me a few new words. Nyotaimori looked tasty.
.. thanks big brother ..

.. the PTAG thread has become somewhat mundane ..

With Established Harem

#478860 Jan 19, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Who opened the gate that caused this stampeded in here?
.. Catcher did it !!..

.. would you like me to invite Yellodog ??..

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#478861 Jan 19, 2013
I wrote wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking(writing) from experience? If so, my sympathies LW, but I think (from past reading) you've found yer match now.
My grandmother(maternal) had a saying, "there's a lid for every pot"- it's an old one that's been around a while.
This could be a good discussion point, do you think that's true? I know some believers feel God will "lead them to the right person", others feel He will give us discernment to 'know' someone may be a good match(more general) ; while others believe God has someone "preordained" for each one(believers only),set aside as a 'perfect helpmeet'(this seems to go along with a strict predestination in some circles).
What do you , or anyone who wishes to discuss, think?
Must be on with me day but will check in later to see (if any ) thoughts:)
You have a Great Day, LW...
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Senecus,
I feel like God has someone He wants you to be with. Not that we always choose that one. But He can work with what/who is chosen too. JMO
HFN
Hi HFN, thanks for the reply:)

So, you would lean more towards a "predestined mate", but we're able to reject God's choice(exercise 'freewill'). You feel God can work within our choice,would there be degrees of choice? In other words, I've heard it said (claimed)-" It's not His first best for me, probably His 4th or 5th"(don't ask me how they determine that!).
I didn't ask in original question but should have for scripture in support of ones position:)

And the question really follows closely to God's will in general for ones life. And that can be debated also , those in the "perfect/permissive will" camps, and those in a "collective will" camp.

I'll just leave it open ,if others want to add or you wish to continue. Have a good evening HFN:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#478862 Jan 19, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your skull awatar is one more cretinic zombies on this topic
I have no pants at all,because all pants you bought from flomart,and I use corn dry leaves waving my farts from under those leaves to refresh your stinking skull full of maggots,insects,and little animals wandering around your miserable skeleton
My inteligency is low,but yours inteligency doesn't have any term "low"or below"
you are just simple stupid,and cyber coward not having life,or any sense in your freacking lost atheistic life
just pack up your zombie skull,light candle and wait for halloween to be kicked and spewed by little children
atheists are drawn in own dung,there is not need to hate them
only fell sorry how human being step down below level of insectodial parasities without of any Universe Value
pfuj
your hate tonight till tomorrow will consume your left over brain like old mushroom mildew
bum
hush hush hus zombie
Ich war in der Heimat in 49 geboren. Sie sehen eine avatar Ihnen nicht gefällt und greifen die Menschen für sie. wie kindisch und ignorant. Sie sind ein disgrece zu deinem Volk und der Menschheit. Wenn dies Ihr best behavior, würde ich es vorziehen, dass du mir nicht immer wieder posten - und ich werde das gleiche tun.
Habt einen guten Tag in Ihrem Hass.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#478863 Jan 19, 2013
humm now for thoses hens.

Jesus used a tender image in describing God's concern for wayward Jerusalem,how often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings.(Matthew 23:37)
Otherwise chickens are mentioned only perhaps in the provisions for Solomon's table(fatted fowl in 1 kings 4:23)and at Nehemiah's table(fowl were prepared for me in Nehemiah 5:18)They were not native to Palestine.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#478864 Jan 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
If you have NO sin then please tell me "how you will walk perfectly" as you just stated above? You are contradicting yourself BLL.
I'm sorry, Grace Walker, but I don't understand your question. At what time did I ever say I was without sin? I am in the process of learning, so as to become perfect, but I'm not perfect, yet. But, I continue trying, just as we're instructed in the bible.
Grace Walker wrote:
Jesus was and IS the ONLY One who EVER obeyed those commandments, so please explain How YOU will do what NO other man in history has ever done...except for Jesus.
As true as that is, have you ever wondered how others were considered perfect?

Genesis 6:9
These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Job 1:1
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Luke 1:5-6
There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Apparently, the difference between our anointed Savior and these others is that he never sinned, while they must have at one point in time, or another. Regardless, at the time, they were considered perfect, just, blameless, and to have walked with "God." How, though, is this possible?
Grace Walker wrote:
Its really quite simple IF you take yourself out of the way..But we can be Under Grace or under Law..Never BOTH..People have a choice to make here also. This is WORKING out your own salvation.
...as it's written.

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

The law we're no longer under is the penalty of death by the Mosaic law. In it's place is grace, but only until Judgment.
Grace Walker wrote:
Looking forward to your answer though. HOW will you walk perfectly and admit that you still sin everyday?????
By process of elimination.

Every day, I try to eliminate sin by learning how to defeat the very thought of sin. And in the meantime, I study the law to learn what sin is. Like Paul wrote, "I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet." And this is why we've been given the great gift of grace. To learn righteousness.

New International Version
Isaiah 26:10
Though grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#478865 Jan 19, 2013
simplyput wrote:
That is exactly what I was wondering when I read that post. So he must feel he is without sin, and yet he said he doesn't go to church.
He learned this all on his own.
First, I did learn on my own, but not entirely. Throughout the years, I've held discussions, debates, and what-have-you, with many friends from different denominations and religions. This allowed me the chance to measure their beliefs against what's written. But, at the suggestion of my father, I studied on my own. He warned that learning religion from others almost guarantees that I'll be indoctrinated. In my humble opinion, he was right.

Secondly, perhaps you should read my post again. Never did I say I was perfect, or without sin. And what that has to do with not going to "church," I don't know. What does being without sin and not going to "church" have to do with one another, if you don't mind my asking?
Sora

San Diego, CA

#478866 Jan 19, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You saw my location when I grey-boxed, and you accused me of changing proxies. If I unhide my location on my registered user page, you will again accuse me of changing proxies. So what's the point?
You have made up your mind, and that's all you care about. You are so full of yourself, a case of Ex-Lax wouldn't clean you out; you'd need a ten-gallon enema.
Bonsoir Madame, I see you have met my beloved Seraphine. She has told me quite a bit about you and your beliefs and I would like to take the time to say I am honored to finally make your acquaintance. If you would be so inclined I would like to know and to understand what you believe and why you do. I agree with you in that fundamentalism damages the psyche of human beings particularly children. In regards to tolerence Madame I treat all people with the respect and dignity they deserve I see no point in engaging in pointless repetitive arguments with others over my beliefs versus theirs, this is not my place to do so and the Constitution is quite clear that people are allowed to have the freedom to have a religion or not. I too am a Catholic like Seraphine but we do not believe in a theocracy we have seen firsthand the damage particularly in Saudi Arabia and in Sub-Saharan Africa. You have a eye-catching avatar in my humble opinion and she tells me you love wolves? So do I very much so. It has been my honor to address you Madame and may we learn to coexist and share this world together.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#478867 Jan 19, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>First, I did learn on my own, but not entirely. Throughout the years, I've held discussions, debates, and what-have-you, with many friends from different denominations and religions. This allowed me the chance to measure their beliefs against what's written. But, at the suggestion of my father, I studied on my own. He warned that learning religion from others almost guarantees that I'll be indoctrinated. In my humble opinion, he was right.
Secondly, perhaps you should read my post again. Never did I say I was perfect, or without sin. And what that has to do with not going to "church," I don't know. What does being without sin and not going to "church" have to do with one another, if you don't mind my asking?
BLL, you are not seeing how you posted.

You said that sinners could not enter HEAVEN, right? Then you said you do not believe OSAS, right? Then you say you must be PERFECT,and not sin, right?So now your saying , you want to defeat even the THOUGHT out of your head of SINNING.

So if you DIE before you do not sin anymore, where will you go?

The OT, said to 'Remember the Sabbath, and to KEEP it holy.
So if you haven't step your foot in a church??????? just asking if you remembered reading that.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#478868 Jan 19, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>First, I did learn on my own, but not entirely. Throughout the years, I've held discussions, debates, and what-have-you, with many friends from different denominations and religions. This allowed me the chance to measure their beliefs against what's written. But, at the suggestion of my father, I studied on my own. He warned that learning religion from others almost guarantees that I'll be indoctrinated. In my humble opinion, he was right.
We are not saying you said you were perfect, it was just that you implied it by saying 'sinners could not enter Heaven. It was very contradictive .
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#478869 Jan 19, 2013
People who don't accept OSAS refuse to accept the REALITY that their sin nature conitues to dwell in their being even after they accept the Lord Jesus Christ. Meaning?? Meaning that they will NEVER be 'perfect enough',in their own power,this side of eternity,to satisfy Holy,Almighty God's standards of holiness. Only the 'Finished Work' of the Lord Jesu Christ,and a believer's REAL FAITH in that 'Work, will satisfy Holy God's standards.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#478870 Jan 19, 2013

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#478871 Jan 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Read Colossians 2:14..Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us,(10 commandments) which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross..
In context, Paul was referring to the laws that differentiated Israel from the Gentiles. In ancient times, a "stranger" could convert and become, in a sense, a "spiritual Israelite." But, they still had to follow strict requirements that differed, sometimes greatly, from a natural-born Israelite, prohibiting them from certain benefits only Israel could benefit from.
Grace Walker wrote:
Romans 2:14..For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law.
In context, Paul is praising those Gentiles that kept the law even without knowing the law. This says absolutely nothing against the law, whatsoever.
Grace Walker wrote:
2nd Coritntians 3:7...But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
In context, Paul was expressing how glorious it is to have the law in our hearts than merely engraved on stones, or written on paper. But, as to this "ministration of death?" Paul explained this.

The law exposed sin, as it is. Death is the penalty for sin. All have sinned, therefore all are worthy of death. What the law did, too, was cause curiosity and rebellion. But, this is to the disgrace of the person and not the law. Regardless of how a person perceives the law, it's still holy, just, good, and spiritual. And common sense will dictate that whoever imitates the law becomes like it.
Grace Walker wrote:
ONLY the 10 commandments were engraved in stone..ALL the rest was written on parchment paper..Even the Bible calls the 10 commandments..The Ministry of DEATH...WHY? Because WE cannot nor we EVER be able to follow them perfectly, BUT YOU say YOU can so Good luck. I wish you all the best in your efforts. God Bless You brother
I only say that because that's what we're instructed.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

1Peter 1:15-16
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Hebrews 6:1
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection...

1John 2:6
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1Peter 2:21-23
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously.

I take none of these lightly. And finally...

1John 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Thank you for your time, your consideration, and your congeniality, my friend.

Until next time...

Shalowm.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#478872 Jan 19, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
People who don't accept OSAS refuse to accept the REALITY that their sin nature conitues to dwell in their being even after they accept the Lord Jesus Christ. Meaning?? Meaning that they will NEVER be 'perfect enough',in their own power,this side of eternity,to satisfy Holy,Almighty God's standards of holiness. Only the 'Finished Work' of the Lord Jesu Christ,and a believer's REAL FAITH in that 'Work, will satisfy Holy God's standards.
Yes sir, lad, I Agree ! This is what Jesus died FOR! You just have to BELIEVE in Jesus.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#478873 Jan 19, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wHvES7cses4XX
That is just beautiful, thank you so much for putting that on.
I really enjoyed 'Distant Moment

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#478874 Jan 19, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
BLL, you are not seeing how you posted.
You said that sinners could not enter HEAVEN, right? Then you said you do not believe OSAS, right? Then you say you must be PERFECT,and not sin, right?So now your saying , you want to defeat even the THOUGHT out of your head of SINNING.
So if you DIE before you do not sin anymore, where will you go?
The OT, said to 'Remember the Sabbath, and to KEEP it holy.
So if you haven't step your foot in a church??????? just asking if you remembered reading that.
Great questions.

This one in particular. Which I see BLL is avoiding.

Quote: "So if you DIE before you do not sin anymore, where will you go?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 2 min Knock off purse s... 59
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 855,044
the REAL REASON the state of California lost to... 6 min Knock off purse s... 7
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 8 min Knock off purse s... 31
"How much WIGGLIN' you plan on DOIN'??! lol 13 min Knock off purse s... 9
REAL Music !!! Part IV !! 30 min Doctor REALITY 6
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min USA Born 596,403
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 47 min I Am No One_ 444,353
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Brian_G 1,019
More from around the web