#478686 Jan 19, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, what do you find "great" about a grown man
writing a fictional story in order to paint himself a
a victim??
LOL!
I find it pathetic..
Just curious what was so "great" in your eyes??
A blast from the past quote from Red Apples:

"Definition of obsession:

1. The domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.

2. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.

3. A persistent and recurrent thought or idea with which the mind is continually and involuntarily preoccupied and that cannot be expunged by logic or reasoning.

________

Sound like one of the daily posters in here?

I would say that dwelling on, and going over (or simply put "obsessing over"), the same thing for over a year clearly shows that someone has major obsession issues. Obsession issues that the obsessed one obviously needs professional help dealing with."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#478687 Jan 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very disheartening to read.
There is a much more healthy ideology in the world called secular humanism:
"Humanism is a progressive philosophy of life that, without supernaturalism, affirms our ability and responsibility to lead ethical lives of personal fulfillment that aspire to the greater good of humanity. The lifestance of Humanism—guided by reason, inspired by compassion, and informed by experience—encourages us to live life well and fully. It evolved through the ages and continues to develop through the efforts of thoughtful people who recognize that values and ideals, however carefully wrought, are subject to change as our knowledge and understandings advance."
Let me share a few of its affirmations by way of contrast to your philosophy (edited):
[1] We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, explain the world in supernatural terms, and look outside nature for salvation.
[2] We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on [prejudices] and strive to work together for the common good.
[3] We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. Together we discover normative standards tested by their consequences.
[4] We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos.
[5] We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.
[6] We believe in optimism, hope, learning, truth, joy, tolerance, love, compassion, beauty, and reason rather than pessimism, despair, dogma, ignorance, guilt or sin, fear, hatred, selfishness, ugliness, and blind, irrational faith.
[7] We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are capable of as human beings.
I think that we have a better idea - a better and healthier way of thinking. Whereas your philosophy is steeped in the failure of man, a horrible world, and a slave mentality, humanism focuses on the positive and constructive. Whereas your philosophy teaches you to withdraw from the world and view it with fear, suspicion and contempt, humanism seeks to make the people and world better
IyAI!

I see why my writing so disheartening for you to read. look at all you write, what a heavy and cumbersome burden of a philosophy you life. I feel remorse for you writer.

Want to see how light my easy my burden of a philosophy is:

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

[[[
that all. light burden, peaceful and assured. We are just flawed human beings that can be made whole by the gift of a loving awesome God. that all. see the difference between my philosophy and yours? your life weighing you down and going to ultimately bury you. Come to Jesus and get that heavy load off you writer.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#478688 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was a well written story. Do I need your permission to think? Oh, hi how are you, nice to meet you?
If you want to be a part of what is called "A Regular"... then yes. But be a Premium.... why be a Regular? Me? I'll maintain my Irregular status quo.

“Saved. ”

#478690 Jan 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Good Afternoon Brah!... welp, got to head out of here shortly before the sun goes down.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#478691 Jan 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ten Commandments are an absurd moral code. The first forty percent are about submission and worship. Narcissistic much?
Then there's one to kids about honoring their parents and one to spouses about sex outside of the marriage. On the top ten list?
The list says not to lie, lust or envy. But where is justice, integrity, kindness, and compassion in that list?
And the list says not to murder and steal. If it's going to list specific crimes, it left out quite a few, such as blackmail, arson, kidnapping and rape.
The Ten Commandments are woefully inadequate.
<quoted text>
Where does your bible say that?
<quoted text>
The essence of meek is passive or submissive, which was original point of calling the beatitudes a slave ethic. Meek is the opposite of willful or assertive.
https://www.google.com/search...
Incidentally, when you copy text without quotes or attribution, it's called plagiarizing. Let's look at the rest of your source:
Meek:
1. enduring injury with patience and without resentment
2. deficient in spirit and courage : submissive
3. not violent or strong : moderate
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mee...
Look at what you did to that. We call that cherry picking.
Hello..
I have been following your post with CS and since CS wont tell you this, I wanted to shed some light on something. What CS is NOT telling you is this..Of course, I understand that you dont believe but I have also read where you said the Bible was full of contradictions and I too felt that way at one time until I discovered that there was actually 2 different "covenants" Old and New Testaments.(Covenants). This is The Grace Message,(The Gospel) or Good News. It may sound more confusing or it may make more sense to you. I am NOT bible beating..Just trying to help with what helped me..Here goes.
The 10 commandments may be moral and righteous BUT they are Gods Morals and were never given to the jews with the "expectation" that they could obey them perfectly. It was quite the opposite. God gave the JEWS these laws to show them just how "incapable" they were to meet Gods Holy standards. The "LAW" (all 613 but especially the big "10") were given to show them thier need for a Saviour. Jesus Christ..The commandments are Just, Holy and Righteous, However, They will not make anyone Just, Holy and Righteous BECAUSE Nobody has ever obeyed them fully except for Jesus Christ. When Jesus was teaching, He even raised the standards a little higher than they originally were and People STILL thought they could obey them..Thats WHY Jesus came..God wanted to reconcile man back to Himself. He knew it wasn't our fault that we were born into sin and had a "sin nature". God is Holy and there was no way that we humans could ever Pay the penalty for that sin without being eternally seperated from Him. Since the penalty for sin is death, we all would die in our sins UNLESS someone else else paid the sin debt for us!! Jesus took our place and offered Himself as payment. He paid OUR sin debt to a Holy God So We can be reconciled Back to God. Jesus became sin so we can become righteous. An exchange took place. I can post scripture after scritpture to prove this to be true but I also understand that you dont believe the bible but if you are interested in learning more about the Gospel, I am willing to show you. Running out of space so I will stop. Just hope this shed some light on the confusion my friend. CS should have told you this.

“Saved. ”

#478692 Jan 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning Qu, thank you for posting that, it is an excellent Analogy for what goes on in this thread.
Blessings my friend.
...and the beat goes on. Now I know how Paul must've felt even though I am no where near compared to that great Apostle of our Lord...(who wasn't part of the original 12 btw)...

2 Timothy 4:16

“Saved. ”

#478693 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't "despise" religion or witchcraft. I just don't believe in that sort of thing.
Regarding bigotry (from an earlier post).. I pretty much have the same attitude as you do, but towards homosexuality, gay marriage and such. I simply don't believe in it either.

“Saved. ”

#478694 Jan 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Excellent breakdown with Word.. Good answer.
Amen... Brag on God!
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478695 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the poster who doesn't know that this Redneck has traveled. I've been everywhere is the US except the northwest & northeast. I've been to LA many times, been to Chicago, been to New Jersey, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Raleigh, etc.
And I still don't understand the allure of a giant, smog filled, overpopulated city where no one has a name.
Just as you probably don't understand the allure of the smell of horse breath.
Per the pervious post - I've seen no credentials, so.....
catchers dreams are just not truth
maybe he is in london,but never saw london as this city is,
never saw berlin,Rom, or Paris

such travels cost vast resouces of money,time,and family relationships overseas

Guy is seating all day long by the computer,consuming time by prinitng his day dreams and lies,
AND GUYS BELIEVE HIM IN HIS HALUCINATIONAL JOURNEYS

TO FLY FROM LONDON TO PARIS,AT FIRST HAVE TO BE TICKET(2 WEEKS PERIOD WAIT) ALL PAPER WORK AS FOREIGNER( 3 WEEKS PAPER WORK AND EMBASSY PERMITS)
AND MONEY,FOR TICKET,GAS,TIME FOOD,HOTEL,BUS,TAXI,DRINKS ETC ETC ETC

BEING ONLU IN ONE CITY FROM LONDON TO PARIS FOR 5 DAYS COSTS ABOUT 2500 EUROS

I am not saying about his bambling of other cities and other countries
JUST CHEAP LIES

“Saved. ”

#478696 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it and agreed with it. Very nice coming from someone who posts on this thread much more than I do, someone whom I've also admired and learnt from. So what if I post in topix? Does the number matter? Would it be better if I had 'socks' and hid behind them in order to be rude to people I don't know? Thanks RA. Very kind of you.
Great answer, and very loving too! I can learn from you also.

“Saved. ”

#478697 Jan 19, 2013
Have a blessed folks... Salaam alaikum to our Yemeni Neighbor...

“Saved. ”

#478698 Jan 19, 2013
..."blessed one"...
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478699 Jan 19, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh just forget the funny bible full of fakes and lies!
HEY DUMB POLACK
go back to warsaw, because one empty space id free under kosciushko bridge
ty huju posrany
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478700 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Great answer, and very loving too! I can learn from you also.
are you sure
if still you can learn from others?
just Quin think about this?

if you try to teach others, you are not able to be teacher and student learning other views
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478701 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Have a blessed folks... Salaam alaikum to our Yemeni Neighbor...
send those stupid ones,just simple english words,maybe they learn something from you

because your grammar is horible with their kwazi language

Location hidden

#478702 Jan 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello..
I have been following your post with CS and since CS wont tell you this, I wanted to shed some light on something. What CS is NOT telling you is this..Of course, I understand that you dont believe but I have also read where you said the Bible was full of contradictions and I too felt that way at one time until I discovered that there was actually 2 different "covenants" Old and New Testaments.(Covenants). This is The Grace Message,(The Gospel) or Good News. It may sound more confusing or it may make more sense to you. I am NOT bible beating..Just trying to help with what helped me..Here goes.
The 10 commandments may be moral and righteous BUT they are Gods Morals and were never given to the jews with the "expectation" that they could obey them perfectly. It was quite the opposite. God gave the JEWS these laws to show them just how "incapable" they were to meet Gods Holy standards. The "LAW" (all 613 but especially the big "10") were given to show them thier need for a Saviour. Jesus Christ..The commandments are Just, Holy and Righteous, However, They will not make anyone Just, Holy and Righteous BECAUSE Nobody has ever obeyed them fully except for Jesus Christ. When Jesus was teaching, He even raised the standards a little higher than they originally were and People STILL thought they could obey them..Thats WHY Jesus came..God wanted to reconcile man back to Himself. He knew it wasn't our fault that we were born into sin and had a "sin nature". God is Holy and there was no way that we humans could ever Pay the penalty for that sin without being eternally seperated from Him. Since the penalty for sin is death, we all would die in our sins UNLESS someone else else paid the sin debt for us!! Jesus took our place and offered Himself as payment. He paid OUR sin debt to a Holy God So We can be reconciled Back to God. Jesus became sin so we can become righteous. An exchange took place. I can post scripture after scritpture to prove this to be true but I also understand that you dont believe the bible but if you are interested in learning more about the Gospel, I am willing to show you. Running out of space so I will stop. Just hope this shed some light on the confusion my friend. CS should have told you this.
Oh yeah, I must add this before I get flogged by the pahrisee's..DO we go out and break ALL the commandments now that we know that we are saved by Grace and not by our woks of the Law?? NO!! We dont. We obey them out of a grateful heart because they are morally right. We dont need a list of rules to worship and honor God. Right Believing will Produce Right Living. Gods ways are NOT mans ways. If we accept and believe what Jesus accomplished for us at HIS expense, We become a new creation (born again) IN Christ ect..ect..and THEN we become righteous THROUGH our new identity IN Christ..When God see's us now, He see's us IN Jesus Christ. No other way according to the New testament...Have a great day
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478703 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
..."blessed one"...
who?
and why only"one"?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478704 Jan 19, 2013
Malik Ibrahim Al-Habsyi wrote:
<quoted text>speak intelligently,,, ok bye again, foolish!
for stupid like you,exist not iteligent words

did you know that your name in old greek language '"malak,malaka.malaki.mal akish." means masturbator?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#478705 Jan 19, 2013
To all "once saved, always saved" believers.

I humbly request that you reveal, to me, how the following coincides with your belief that once we're saved, we're always saved, with no possibility of casting away our admission into the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 11:17-22
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

1) What did Paul mean when he warned, "Be not highminded, but fear"?

2) What did Paul mean when he warned, "..take heed lest he also spare not thee"?

2) What did Paul mean when he warned that we'll only profit from "God's" goodness if we continue in His goodness?

3) What did Paul mean when he warned, "..otherwise thou also shalt be cut off"?

4) What does Paul mean by seemingly warning to not become like the branches that were broken off, as if the Gentiles could be broken off, too?

Location hidden

#478706 Jan 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes. You are debating a dissembler. No doubt in my mind.
Hi BT!! How are you my friend? Are you lost or did you come on here to say hello to me? LOL I miss some of our late night (song postings) that we use to do. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
real music !!!! 4 r-e-a-l !!! 3 min Doctor REALITY 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 777,558
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 560,236
istanbul SIEMENS Servis Ulus 299 I5 34 ULUS is... 11 min saymener 1
REAL ENEMIES of America living among us 32 min Icew 5
Britney Spears Feat Iggy Azalea Bliss 36 min simou94 1
John Lennon was an Atheist 42 min Frog man 25
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 hr Freebird USA 175,775