Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478734 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Great answer, and very loving too! I can learn from you also.
Awwww <3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478733 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Regarding bigotry (from an earlier post).. I pretty much have the same attitude as you do, but towards homosexuality, gay marriage and such. I simply don't believe in it either.
Amen! I certainly can't find any teaching where Jesus tells us to go around abusing people...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#478736 Jan 19, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, my friend.
I understand, completely, what you mean. But, take this into consideration, please and if you will.
As you know, "God's" ways are not our ways, and His ways excel our ways by... But, where do we find His ways? Is it not in the law? Of course, we know that all the law is fulfilled in the law of Love. Our anointed Savior, in one situation, said that all the law is fulfilled in two commandments. But, does this mean that we can determine, for ourselves, what love is? Are we not already subject to the perceptions of love upheld by each and every individual and the results of these individual perceptions? So, how do we, without the law, determine what "God" considers love and what not?
What many people fail to realize is that, without the law, we've no other way to determine what "God" considers love and what not. And until we learn just one aspect of love to the extent that it becomes natural in us, we're subject to that law. And this is one reason as to why it's written, "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law." And to Timothy, Paul wrote, "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine." And who's righteous? Paul declared, "For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified."
Thank you for your time and consideration, my friend.
Until next time...
Shalowm.
Hi Friend..
WHY do you call Jesus your "Saviour" if He didn't completly save you? If you would please, take yourself out of the way for a minute and focus on Jesus and ask yourself this..WHAT and WHY did He come and die for you? WHAT happened when Jesus rose from the grave? WHY was that so important to us? WHY doesnt anyone ever really discuss that part as much as they do the death?

Most people seem to think ( because that was what we were taught in church all our lives)that Jesus came here and died for our sins SO we can have forgiveness for our past sins and after we become His, He expects us to be obediaent to ALL the commandments "that we never could obey in the first place" BUT NOW, because Jesus has died for us we can ASK for forgiveness and He will forgive us????? IS THIS how you believe? I am in the middle of writing an essay for school so I only come back here when I want a break so please be patient. I will be back. Will you answer my questions though? I want to show you something that opened my eyes to Jesus and totally took my focus OFF ME..Ok? Thanks

PS..The LAW wasnt MADE for the righteous man but for the lawless and disobedient????, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine." <<<<<IS THIS YOU ??? YOU are righteous BECAUSE You are IN Christ..I can prove that with many scriptures.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478738 Jan 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I see this thread is diseased with cowards that have ta hide behind "judgeits" rather than put their face in the light. Can't say I'm surprised after read'n the posts though.
<3 + funny man face + yellow bulb

Since: Sep 10

Malibu, CA

#478742 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And? I countered his ethnic slur with an ethnic slur.
Strange that I didn't see you chastise him.....
I don't read that guy's posts.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#478744 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I can't wait, good morning BLL :)
And a good evening to you, my friend. Good to "see" you.

And what are you waiting for? The kingdom of "God" is within you!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#478747 Jan 19, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'm doing fine. How are you, my friend?
<quoted text>What I'll say is this.
At one time, our anointed Savior said to his apostles, "These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me." Now, if we take this into consideration, then we'll realize that the "finished work" on the cross are mentioned in the law, the writings of the prophets, and the psalms. And in these writings, specific things are mentioned that were to be fulfilled. These specifics are as follows.
1) Circumcision.
2) Sacrifice.
3) Sabbath regulations.
4) The penalty of death.
Nothing else was mentioned besides these. Anything else is an inclusion.
Thank you for your time and consideration, my friend.
Until next time...
Shalowm.
Yes, All this is true but WHO was Jesus teaching this too? His audience was the Jewish people. We have to divide the Old Covenant and the NEW Covenant. The New Covenant DID NOT begin until AFTER the death of Jesus. That is where all the confusion is at. Jesus did heal some gentiles while He was here but He also called them "dogs" remember? He came first for the Jews. Paul was sent to the Gentiles AFTER the death of Jesus..

Matt. 10:5 "Go not into the way of the Gentiles"

Matt. 15:24 "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

John 4:22 "Salvation is of the Jews"
All these verses were written BEFORE The Gospel came into effect. The Gospel began in Acts when The Holy Spirit came..Thus, begins the Dispension of Grace.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#478746 Jan 19, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Ciao, bella! Come stai? I can't stick around long; I just wanted to say hi!
Bonsoir Kaitlin, we had to take of some errands and handle some business is regards to new clientele.
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#478748 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir Monsieur Sora... Comprende vous... Have a good one.
Bonsoir Monsieur Q I am well, and you?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#478749 Jan 19, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Ciao, amico! Come stai?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there, Witchy Woman. Welcome to the thread. It's a hoot.
Estoy bien, gracias. Y usted?
Va bene, grazie.

Tuttavia, questo thread è troppo occupato a tenere il passo con.

G_O_D è certamente una fucktard lordo, però, non è lui? Che pezzo di merda.

Ciao!
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478750 Jan 19, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And a good evening to you, my friend. Good to "see" you.
And what are you waiting for? The kingdom of "God" is within you!
within her is heart full of Gods Kingdom,
not God Kingdom you dumb butt

because blood and body can not inherit Kingdom of God

Why you always mostly post so cheap lies

your lies eliminated codex of Gods Kingdom from your rotten old heart

see you later

Location hidden

#478751 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Sound like you two had a grand time... hope everything worked out well.
Bonsoir Qu, we did it went very well. Sora consoled a Serbian woman, it was very touching and heartwarming to see. I do not speak Serbian he does but I did not need to know the language to see her tears and his. Afterwards, he told me what had happened to her it is tragic but we have seen many like her in our life as a child Sora passed through Serbia during the war.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#478752 Jan 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That simply makes her psychopathic instead of sociopathic.
She does it in the name of her "Italian witchcraft".
She is no differnt from a Christian, Atheist or any other Topix "Troll".
Adds nothing to the conversation/debate and simply makes personal attacks...usually based on lies and ignornance.
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>Dear G_O_D complex, your definition of troll seems to be ANYONE who disputes an assertion that you make. Your posts on WINLAC consistently bear that out. I'm not sure if it's hubris or a concession speech on your part.
It's actually fingerpainting with his own feces, and he calls it art.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478754 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't read that guy's posts.
you are not able to diagest the truths and spiritual farts

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#478755 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Which one of the gods in the Christian bible are you referring to?
The one that claimed to write it.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I do not worship Jehovah, so I don't find anything respectable about him.
Common ground at last.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Who is Jehovah?
The god who claimed to write the bible.
I accept the logical possibility of a creator god - just not one described in mutually exclusive terms. Such claims are logically impossible, that is, analytically false.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Then you're not an atheist.
Actually, I am one. I have rejected all god claims, and you can't reject more than all of them.
Counter_Strike wrote:
What is human logic by the way except to lean upon our own finite and ever changing understanding?
Whatever logic may be, it's not that.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Logic alone doesn't cover it.
I think it does.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Do you have some kind of submission fetish or something?
Au contraire.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#478756 Jan 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I see this thread is diseased with cowards that have ta hide behind "judgeits" rather than put their face in the light. Can't say I'm surprised after read'n the posts though.
where is your face,?
this skull is your face?
rather you are hipocrite and cyber coward?

did you see skom who doesn't hide face anymore at post # 478186,87,88
is his simple plain face?
but where is yours, maybe you look worse from flat head skom awatar,
maybe you are just skeleton without of any skin and zombie rambling around like lunatic on the corner of sky scrape on federal building of New York,or never washed bum seating in the pipe full of dead rats and stinking hamburgers thrown from local bar

Location hidden

#478757 Jan 19, 2013
<quoted text>
So do I. Why did you tell me? Do you think that I disagree?
<quoted text>
I'll be happy to share.
I consider Catholics Christians - the original Christians. Mormons, too. I tend to base the definition not on doctrine in the abstract so much as on the part one plays in society. If you vote for candidates because they are Christian, or you support various political positions because you think Jesus wants you to, or you buy into and propagate characteristically Christians positions such as that atheists and gays are abominations, premarital sex is sin, or that evolution is "just a theory," then you are functionally a Christian to me whether you pray to saints, baptize by sprinkling or immersion, or go to church on Saturday or Sunday.
I just care whether you support Christianity with your words, your votes, and/or your dollars. If you do that, you're a Christian to me.
<quoted text>
Yes, very.
I am an avid amateur musician with many years experience playing classic rock in small venues like restaurants. I play electric guitar and sing, and my wife is also a singer and a bass player. My avatar is a Grateful Dead icon, and is called a Jerry Bear in honor of the late Jerry Garcia, the band's former lead guitarist. Here he is being ushered out of the world following his death in 1995 by two Jerry Bears, Red and Yellow, with Red looking back at us with a tear in his eye : http://www.stickergiant.com/thestore/prods/ac...
How about you?
Bonsoir mon ami, in regards to agreeing or disagreeing to me your opinion is your own as I stated. In regards to stating my beliefs, they are my own. In regards to my politics I do not support based on religion I support them based on my values and whether they would be the best person for the job at hand in regards to experience. Atheists and homosexuals as I stated before in my eyes are human beings and nor are they I believe the problem in society the problem here is fanatacism and intolerance. In regards to your position on Catholics it is interesting to me that you feel this way, the Vatican takes the same position as you do. I am a Classical pianist and the avatar is actually my Grand piano. I have a preference for Classical music. My soulmate is a Classical guitarist.

Fennario

#478758 Jan 19, 2013
Man can be glorious. All you see have reported is the dark side.
Counter_Strike wrote:
It is because of this dark-side and because his mortality causes him to rot and turn to dust why he shouldn't glorify in himself.
Is that right?
Counter_Strike wrote:
Be happy for who you are, but do not set yourself up as a god to be worshiped, even by your own self.
Thanks for the heads up.

As I mentioned, I don't worship. I find it demeaning. When you do it, do you find yourself kneeling on the ground with your head bowed, your eyes clothes, your hands in a begging position, pleading to be spared?

Fennario

#478759 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
When was the last time you picked up a decent book or watched a documentary?
Irrelevant.
Counter_Strike wrote:
The Grand Canyon itself was studied as a great flood event.
You're talking about junk science.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Many cultures, not just the Christian religion speaks of a great flood event, surely a learned man such as yourself has analysed this countless times.
I am aware. Was there a point to go with this? Was that an argument from popularity?
Counter_Strike wrote:
The battle for Canaan and the Exodus, even though some of the events of the Exodus are a bit misplaced.
You forgot your predicate.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#478760 Jan 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root.. This is from Paul also..FOR I SPEAK TO YOU GENTILES..the gentiles were "grafted" in among the Jews and we partake with the ROOT> The ROOT Of course being Jesus Christ.
It sets in juxtaposition the national status of Jew and Gentile. Paul indicates that Israel’s fall from their national place of privilege before God has meant enrichment of the Gentile world, yet, at the same time he looks forward to the time when Israel will again be in her fulness..read about the rest here..
http://www.studyjesus.com/Romans/081_Olive_Tr...
I appreciate the dialogue, Grace Walker, and I read the link you provided. And I regret to have to tell you that neither, you, nor the link you provided, answered my question. I'm wondering how what Paul wrote coincides with the "once saved, always saved" doctrine.

Romans 11:17-22
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

My reason for asking the other questions was, more-so, to encourage critical thinking. If anything, I was highlighting terms that I believe must not be ignored.

Thank you, again, for your time and consideration, my friend.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Joe Fortuna 88,380
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Michael 665,472
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min truth 45,848
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 21 min Peter Ross 625
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min Ricky F 184,769
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min onemale 284,623
Liberals say INCEST marriage is okay 58 min guest 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 977,432
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 2 hr Lonestar 255
More from around the web