Henry

Hartenstein, Germany

#478655 Jan 19, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds more like you have lost faith in mankind than God.
Don't place high expectations on Christians, we can fail in our
walk with God and need His help, and just because we fail is no reason for you to blame God and walk away.
It is hard to walk away from God, once you have been under His wing. God will never 'walk away from you. Walk away from what mankind invents that God says, and there are many.
Trust your Heart on what God tells you , not Man.
Annie get your gun! No god of course!
Henry

Hartenstein, Germany

#478656 Jan 19, 2013
Malik Ibrahim Al-Habsyi wrote:
This homework assignment for you Crusaders .. I hope you can all ...
hopefully you guys can answer that, OK ..
From the christian god Which statement true? Christians accept God Wage bitch or not?
1. Yes.
Isaiah 23:18
Her bitch Profits and wages will HOLY unto the LORD will not be held or stored, but the profits that would be provided adequate food and beautiful clothes for people who dwell in the presence of the Lord
2. No.
Deuteronomy 23:18
Thou shalt not bring Harlot wage or price of a dog into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God.'
Let's responsibility .... and COME TO THINK Clearly!!!!!!
chance I was sleepy, so I'll see the answer tomorrow.
OK, see u TOMMOROW !!!
Oh just forget the funny bible full of fakes and lies!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#478657 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I can tell you're trying to drain the conversation of life by not being original. I await your originality.
I'll choose my arguments by my criteria, not yours.
Counter_Strike wrote:
If I do have any frustrations about you is that you're trying to annoy me.
Why would I do that? How would that serve me? If you're annoyed, that's on you. I've told you from the start that I wanted this to be about ideas, not persons. You declined.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I can't say I'm wholly and solely thrilled to be having a conversation with an ape
If you're having a conversation, it's with an ape. From Wiki:

"Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans. Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes."

You're welcome.
Counter_Strike wrote:
if I give you a cyber banana, would you promise to say something original and not read out of a book?
No. I intend to continue reading out of books. Try it.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#478658 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to learn English before coming back.
How's the 7-11 going?
Just don't try to get a Big Gulp in Brooklyn;)

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#478659 Jan 19, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Whadda hoot.
Tain't it?

It comes around every now and then, like the clown riding the wee bike into the ring between acts at the circus...

Later folks;)

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#478660 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There.
Not a joke, but an ethnic slur, and directed toward a specific person.
Shame on you.
And we all know that a billable hour is not necessarily 60 minutes....

You oughtta be ashamed of yourself Catcher 'ethics' 1.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#478661 Jan 19, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
And we all know that a billable hour is not necessarily 60 minutes....
You oughtta be ashamed of yourself Catcher 'ethics' 1.
Pro Bono is my alternative middle name.

Not all hours are billed.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#478662 Jan 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh heh heh...
It has been my experience that younger women can not keep up intellectually, psychologically, and physically, therefore it's best left alone.
lol must agree lol

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#478663 Jan 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Ten Commandments" were given only to the Hebrews.
Exodus infered that slavery was a sin for everyone.
The Noahide Laws were Rabbinical interpretations of what a Gentile in Hebrew lands should obey.
Jesus added "Love your enemies".
Maimonides codified the 613 commandments of Judaism in the Middle Ages.
Modern Judaism is actually Maimodinism as Modern Christianity is actually Paulinism.
Very far from the original concepts.
Hi G,
I am impressed..<smile> I understand what you are saying here. LOL

Fennario

#478664 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
certainly the 10 Commandments are moral and just.
The Ten Commandments are an absurd moral code. The first forty percent are about submission and worship. Narcissistic much?

Then there's one to kids about honoring their parents and one to spouses about sex outside of the marriage. On the top ten list?

The list says not to lie, lust or envy. But where is justice, integrity, kindness, and compassion in that list?

And the list says not to murder and steal. If it's going to list specific crimes, it left out quite a few, such as blackmail, arson, kidnapping and rape.

The Ten Commandments are woefully inadequate.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Poor in spirit are those who are humble.
Where does your bible say that?
Counter_Strike wrote:
Meekness is: enduring injury with patience and without resentment, slow to anger, non violent in nature.
The essence of meek is passive or submissive, which was original point of calling the beatitudes a slave ethic. Meek is the opposite of willful or assertive.
https://www.google.com/search...

Incidentally, when you copy text without quotes or attribution, it's called plagiarizing. Let's look at the rest of your source:

Meek:
1. enduring injury with patience and without resentment
2. deficient in spirit and courage : submissive
3. not violent or strong : moderate
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mee...

Look at what you did to that. We call that cherry picking.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#478665 Jan 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.- Jesus (Luke 14:26)
Our anointed Savior often taught to the extreme. For example...

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Extreme, but unless we adopt such an extreme attitude toward one another, we're forever bound by each and every individual perception of love by each and every individual person. And look how profitable that's been for us, so far.

Matthew 18:8-9
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Extreme, again. But, common sense tells us how futile such an extreme sacrifice would be, to rid ourselves of one body part while leaving the other. If we pluck out one eye because we can't control our lusts, who's to say we won't lust with the remaining eye? But, our anointed Savior taught to such extremes in order to express the gravity of the situation. Perfection should be our goal, and his teaching serve as a warning to all of us, that excuses won't be accepted as to why we didn't make a valiant effort. I'm sure you've heard many a so-called "Christian" admit to premature defeat by claiming that none can become perfect, but such a foolish declaration contradicts what's written and instructed us. Many a so-called "Christian" prefers the lazy, er, lukewarm path to heaven. Now, to address the verse you quoted.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

I think it's obvious our anointed Savior wouldn't just blatantly disregard the law without a justifiable reason. Again, we're faced with extreme measures. Perhaps, my illustration might explain this extreme measure.

It's been proven that such celebrations as Christmas and Easter derive from paganism. Now, after learning this, the choice becomes ours. Do we separate ourselves from these pagan practices because we love "God," or do we continue observing them because we love our loved-ones more, and we're more afraid of offending them, or hurting their feelings? Understand?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#478666 Jan 19, 2013
Goooood Afternoon Everyone... hope you are guys and gals are enjoying the day. Beautiful day outside and going to go enjoy it for a bit. Will post for a moment, saying hello... that's hello and not "hell"-o.... Lordwilling can post later or in the AM.

“Saved. ”

#478667 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Qu :) that's great, lol.
Good Afternoon... <<<chuckle>> >

“Saved. ”

#478668 Jan 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you did not finish this story??
Good Morning LW... Oh, it's an ongoing drama and the episode is in it's 4th season... <<<To Be Continued...>>>

“Saved. ”

#478669 Jan 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Scripture on Peace
In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust. Psalm 4: 8
Good Morning, Only the Lord...

“Saved. ”

#478671 Jan 19, 2013
Good Afternoon rather...

Fennario

#478670 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
If you punch me and I don't retaliate, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm a coward
Why are you telling me? I never suggested it did.
Counter_Strike wrote:
It doesn't mean you should be a doormat here either.
I think it does.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I may be a sheep of His fold, but this sheep my friend has very big horns and they're not there for show.
Then you defile your savior by fighting. He said be meek and turn the other cheek. That means stand down.
Counter_Strike wrote:
The Savior did not take all that abuse and then die for me so I can waste my life too. Then to what purpose is His suffering?
I was just wondering the same thing, Mr. Bighorn.

But why ask me? Ask the Romans. It was their choice to make him suffer. Stipulating for the moment that Jesus actually lived and was crucified, the Romans' point in making him suffer rather than executing him quickly was likely to have him serve as a disincentive to others not to commit the crimes that he was convicted of.

BTW, didn't you deny being a Christian?

Location hidden

#478672 Jan 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I see. Please be very careful in crowds!
lol lol awee just one little pinch behind the knee cap can do wonders for a attention getter in crowds.lol Tis no danger at all.lol.

Location hidden

#478673 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning LW... Oh, it's an ongoing drama and the episode is in it's 4th season... <<<To Be Continued...>>>
Awee forget those to be continued thingy's lol is this one of thoses soap things geez Q.I do not like soaps and I do not watch tv that my honey's job.lol

Fennario

#478674 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Turning the other cheek means; Prepare to endure MUCH persecution for His (the Savior) name's sake.
Because you say so? Where does your bible say that that is what it means?
Counter_Strike wrote:
It doesn't mean you should stand there and be abused and not walk away or you should turn your face and get hit with a sack of pool balls.
That's what the words say.
Counter_Strike wrote:
It means people who spitefully use you, love them still.
If it meant that, it would have said that.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Be just to others even when they are unjust to you.
The scripture has nothing to do with being just.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Say hello to the hypocrites and the gangsters too and not just your brethren. In other words, be not like those that hate you or envy you, love regardless, not just love those that love you back.
Nonsense. Turning the other cheek is offering your aggressor a second blow. It incites further violence. What fraction of people do you suppose that are angry and violent enough to strike your one cheek would not accept your provocative offer and whack you again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 3 min Neelakaran 1,362
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min True Truth 828,882
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Robert F 584,502
dallas technologies reviews 32 min akritisaxena 12
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 3,626
how do I get a girl to like me 1 hr Uncle Bob 5
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr sangili karuppan 6,309
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr karl44 442,889
More from around the web