Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#478714 Jan 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
1 Corinthians 15:1-8
King James Version (KJV)15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
Thanks for posting this..Paul preached The Gospel Of Grace. So it WAS this Gospel by which we were saved and where IN we stand? Keep in memory the Grace that Paul preached unto us Unless you believe in yourself..ooops I mean in VAIN!! Christ died for us, YES, More importantly and what sadly gets overlooked is that HE ROSE also..What did that part accomplish for us according to your religion Lawest?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478715 Jan 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet!!! LOL, We had a great time. Planning another Israel trip for March of next year..Cant wait to back there. Dont be a stranger BT. You know where to find me.:) And I will drop in to say hi to you as well. Grace and Peace to you
OK. Deal!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#478716 Jan 19, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
To all "once saved, always saved" believers.
I humbly request that you reveal, to me, how the following coincides with your belief that once we're saved, we're always saved, with no possibility of casting away our admission into the kingdom of heaven.
Romans 11:17-22
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
1) What did Paul mean when he warned, "Be not highminded, but fear"?
2) What did Paul mean when he warned, "..take heed lest he also spare not thee"?
2) What did Paul mean when he warned that we'll only profit from "God's" goodness if we continue in His goodness?
3) What did Paul mean when he warned, "..otherwise thou also shalt be cut off"?
4) What does Paul mean by seemingly warning to not become like the branches that were broken off, as if the Gentiles could be broken off, too?
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root.. This is from Paul also..FOR I SPEAK TO YOU GENTILES..the gentiles were "grafted" in among the Jews and we partake with the ROOT> The ROOT Of course being Jesus Christ.

It sets in juxtaposition the national status of Jew and Gentile. Paul indicates that Israel’s fall from their national place of privilege before God has meant enrichment of the Gentile world, yet, at the same time he looks forward to the time when Israel will again be in her fulness..read about the rest here..
http://www.studyjesus.com/Romans/081_Olive_Tr...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478717 Jan 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet!!! LOL, We had a great time. Planning another Israel trip for March of next year..Cant wait to back there. Dont be a stranger BT. You know where to find me.:) And I will drop in to say hi to you as well. Grace and Peace to you
I see this thread is diseased with cowards that have ta hide behind "judgeits" rather than put their face in the light. Can't say I'm surprised after read'n the posts though.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#478718 Jan 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Oh yeah, I must add this before I get flogged by the pahrisee's..DO we go out and break ALL the commandments now that we know that we are saved by Grace and not by our woks of the Law?? NO!! We dont. We obey them out of a grateful heart because they are morally right. We dont need a list of rules to worship and honor God. Right Believing will Produce Right Living. Gods ways are NOT mans ways. If we accept and believe what Jesus accomplished for us at HIS expense, We become a new creation (born again) IN Christ ect..ect..and THEN we become righteous THROUGH our new identity IN Christ..When God see's us now, He see's us IN Jesus Christ. No other way according to the New testament...Have a great day
Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, my friend.

I understand, completely, what you mean. But, take this into consideration, please and if you will.

As you know, "God's" ways are not our ways, and His ways excel our ways by... But, where do we find His ways? Is it not in the law? Of course, we know that all the law is fulfilled in the law of Love. Our anointed Savior, in one situation, said that all the law is fulfilled in two commandments. But, does this mean that we can determine, for ourselves, what love is? Are we not already subject to the perceptions of love upheld by each and every individual and the results of these individual perceptions? So, how do we, without the law, determine what "God" considers love and what not?

What many people fail to realize is that, without the law, we've no other way to determine what "God" considers love and what not. And until we learn just one aspect of love to the extent that it becomes natural in us, we're subject to that law. And this is one reason as to why it's written, "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law." And to Timothy, Paul wrote, "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine." And who's righteous? Paul declared, "For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified."

Thank you for your time and consideration, my friend.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#478719 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Amen... Brag on God!
Amen.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#478720 Jan 19, 2013
Malik Ibrahim Al-Habsyi wrote:
This homework assignment for you crusaders ..

hopefully you guys can answer that, OK ..

From the christian god Which statement true? Christians accept God WAGE bitch or not?

1. Yes.

Isaiah 23:18
and Her wages bitch Profits will HOLY unto the LORD will not be held or stored, but the profits that would be provided adequate food and beautiful clothes for people who dwell in the presence of the Lord

2. No.

Deuteronomy 23:18
Thou shalt not bring WAGE harlot or price of a dog into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God. "

Let's responsibility .... and COME TO THINK Clearly!!!!!!

chance I was sleepy, so I'll see the answer tomorrow ..
I don't understand, English please :)

Location hidden

#478721 Jan 19, 2013
Malik Ibrahim Al-Habsyi wrote:
<quoted text>hoaaaammmhhhh ....... you wasting my time here ..
Seems you're wasting your own time.

Location hidden

#478722 Jan 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>????[god never was and will be?] just what the heck you saying writer?
Gibberish?
<3

Location hidden

#478723 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Just as it's impossible to explain the joys of parenthood to a childless person, so too with trying to explain the allure of London, Paris, Rome to a redneck who hasn't traveled.

On your previous post: Do you question my professional credentials?
I dream of going to Europe, please don't stop describing it :D

Location hidden

#478724 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Afternoon... <<<chuckle>> >
Good Morning Qu :)

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

#478725 Jan 19, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
send those stupid ones,just simple english words,maybe they learn something from you
because your grammar is horible with their kwazi language
Oh, sweet irony!

Location hidden

#478726 Jan 19, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>First, I think it's best to define "meek" as "approachable" and "not easily angered." But, as to your assertions regarding the above quote that I inserted as your quote...

I know how it looks, but we have to also take into consideration other portions of verse. For starters, when the priesthood went to arrest our anointed Savior and as the story goes, Peter removed the ear of the servant. Obviously, then, Peter armed himself with a sword. And never do we read of our anointed Savior speaking against this, but only to warn him not to live by it. Furthermore, we have the following to consider...

Luke 22:35-38
And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

The point our anointed Savior was making was not that we become punching bags for anyone, but that we not be so hasty to retaliate, especially with violence. As we mature in his teachings, we'll become apt to discern the appropriate reaction in such situations.
I can't wait, good morning BLL :)

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

#478727 Jan 19, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
for stupid like you,exist not iteligent words
did you know that your name in old greek language '"malak,malaka.malaki.mal akish." means masturbator?
You struggle with spelling, sentence structure, intelligence, reality and being human but you have no trouble spelling "Masturbator."

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#478728 Jan 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Hi BLL, Do you have to ask so many at one time?? LOL How have you been?
I'm doing fine. How are you, my friend?
Grace Walker wrote:
I dont know the answers to them all but will you kindly tell me WHY you question the finished work at the cross? IF Jesus LOVED us enough to DIE for us While we were yet still sinners, Then WHY do you suppose that God will NOW SEND YOU HELL after you are His child for not doing what we never could do? You dont see something wrong with that way of thinking?
IF we could be obedient enough, holy enough, righteous enough, pray enough, go to church enough ect..ect..to be in right standing with God, Then what you are saying in reality is that what Jesus did wasn't enough..Jesus was MORE than enough BLL. He came to do what man couldnt do for themselves and now people feel as if His free gift wasnt good enough UNTIL they ADD something to it?
In your verses above you notice that the branches were broken off due to UNBELIEF?? some were showing unbelief by the very things that I posted above. You believe some of what Jesus did, but you dont BELIEVE Jesus. Paul went around preaching the Gospel of grace..The GOOD news. Now you decide what Good News is to you and I will answer some more of your verses to the best of my knowledge anyway. Continue IN goodness? WHO is GOOD? JESUS is the only thing GOOD and IN Him is where we get our goodness. Most believers rely on their own selves to obtain these things and Paul is warning them. Salvation is secure, blessings in this life are not. Dont think that God is only offering eternal life through Jesus Christ. Thats where most christians get confused. Jesus came to give us LIFE more abuntanly..LIFE means this life...Eternal Life is the next life. We have to be more discerning about the scriptures.
What I'll say is this.

At one time, our anointed Savior said to his apostles, "These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me." Now, if we take this into consideration, then we'll realize that the "finished work" on the cross are mentioned in the law, the writings of the prophets, and the psalms. And in these writings, specific things are mentioned that were to be fulfilled. These specifics are as follows.

1) Circumcision.
2) Sacrifice.
3) Sabbath regulations.
4) The penalty of death.

Nothing else was mentioned besides these. Anything else is an inclusion.

Thank you for your time and consideration, my friend.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

Location hidden

#478729 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Praise God... I read both parts earlier....
Thank you <3

Location hidden

#478730 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>A blast from the past quote from Red Apples:

"Definition of obsession:

1. The domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.

2. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.

3. A persistent and recurrent thought or idea with which the mind is continually and involuntarily preoccupied and that cannot be expunged by logic or reasoning.

________

Sound like one of the daily posters in here?

I would say that dwelling on, and going over (or simply put "obsessing over"), the same thing for over a year clearly shows that someone has major obsession issues. Obsession issues that the obsessed one obviously needs professional help dealing with."
Well said.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#478731 Jan 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>..
Though I don't agree with Kaitlin's choice of words...at least she is not doing it in the name of God....
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That simply makes her psychopathic instead of sociopathic.
She does it in the name of her "Italian witchcraft".
She is no differnt from a Christian,
Thanks for lying about me again; I knew you wouldn't fail.

You are the one who claims to love and follow jesus, not me. How is that *not* being a christian?

Location hidden

#478732 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to be a part of what is called "A Regular"... then yes. But be a Premium.... why be a Regular? Me? I'll maintain my Irregular status quo.
Lol. I'm a rebellious gal ;D
If I was generally accepted by any group I'd be disoriented and confused. Who knew one day I'd rebel by being a Christian? Not me. I'll like and agree with whomever I choose and say what I think regardless of being told how many posts I've written.

Location hidden

#478734 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Great answer, and very loving too! I can learn from you also.
Awwww <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Bongo 59,378
Sad Songs That Make You Cry 3 min marvin 4
"You Might Be A Liberal If..." 6 min truth 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Chuck 695,416
How would you know if a woman is worth it? 16 min jordanv2 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 28 min Tony 6,783
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min CIA Agent 994,034
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) 4 hr Pimpy 23
More from around the web