Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#478500 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
So you answer what was not addressed to you because you found it extremely difficult to answer what I sent you specifically. And don't lie RA, this is the first time we've had any issue with each other. When I first came here, there was this person who wanted me to side with him because he said you and Skom threatened his family or his daughter and some other stuff. I listened and after all that I sided with you guys. I was always kind to you especially with your health concerns. I had personal issues in my life to tend to so I left for several months so tell the whole Topix world now RA; what kind of game or tactics by me are you so familiar with? I don't like LIARS RA and I can much turn my attentions to you. RA, just do me a favor and post to other people from now on, because I can tolerate several things, but not a Liar, and everyone who's any kind of decent can attest to my history in this thread. Duane and I also had issue coming from our days at WINLAC, but we found common ground and understanding. At least I can toy with Dr. Shrink a little, he's fun but you're serious and not who you made yourself out to be. We can have problems if you choose feller, but my disappointment would rather us part ways on this note. I have forgiven you, but you are telling a tremendous lie. So to maintain the little respect I have left for you, I think it best you just go cool off somewhere. Everyone else on this thread, please forgive my outburst. I do apologize.
And yes, you have succeeded...I am angered by you.
Now please....until you can apologize, just post to others and leave my name out of it. I do sincerely wish you the best of health, renewed strength and a good morning.
Andrew (CS).
Wow, get over yourself Andy, nobody is buying your "I'm such a misunderstood victim in here" routine. You see Andy we've all seen you in action before. And just like before you're not fooling anybody. So take your "I'm so disappointed" and "I'm so angry" game down the road Andy it's not going to work in here (and if I can borrow your word) FELLA!!!

<<<Hands Andy a tissue to use for his crocodile tears.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#478504 Jan 19, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there you go.
Correction accepted.
Hello Chess(aka-'St Augustine')

How ya been? Have been seeing you 'round more lately, just wanted to give a shout and say hope all's well...

Have a Great weekend.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#478503 Jan 19, 2013
AngeIa1982 wrote:
Jesus made things out of wood .. and a side line preached. I see preachers on TV offering Holy Water for $30 that heals .. tsk tsk
I hope you realize that's just a gimmick, God can heal people without any of that mess.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#478505 Jan 19, 2013
Good morning everyone.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#478506 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was a well written story. Do I need your permission to think? Oh, hi how are you, nice to meet you?
Hahahahahaha........good morning JLU, how're you doing today?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478507 Jan 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:26 Then God said,Let us make man in Our Image. according to our likeness and let them rule over the fish of the sea aand over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
I stand corrected Sir;
Only a opinion here for ya.Society and humanity are some very sick puppies in today's written pages of history.
Starlight;Sciences says it is not the reflection of the sun.
The spirit says differently.Thank you I just follow the spirit not mankind.
No reason for the insult of grade school student uncalled for.
If the shoe fits, wear it.
Point is, until folks can progress beyond believing such absurdities(and promoting them) society struggles to achieve and prosper, and is wrought with the disparaging detrimental effects that belief in such absurdity produces.
Even your christ said that you can not know your god until you know yourself-and to do that you have got to understand your environment as well(you are an integral part of it all). Therefore, believing absurdities makes you a detriment to your god as well as yourself and your environment.

BT42
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#478508 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I've posted this elsewhere but here it goes anyway...
The discussions on judgement have been on my mind. I was talking to my mother in law last night about it and she helped me sort my own concepts of God's judgements, so part of what I'm sharing comes from her. A beautiful lady who judges no one, at least not out loud or that I know of.
I think that God's judgement on His children is two fold. In Matthew 7:1-3, Jesus says "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?".
In my experience and that of others I know, when we have judged another, eg; "When I get married, I'll never let my home get so messy and will care for all my family's needs, not like that (insert name)!" This behaviour gives God the go ahead, to judge us in our lives likewise; the person who made this judgement on another, goes on to get married, have kids and then falls to illness and cannot take care of either home nor family, until that person can see where this judgement was made and repents of it. That's just one example. Another quick one that applies here is a male Born Again Evangelical who judges and hatefully condemns all homosexuals/bisexuals etc... then goes on to have only one child, a gay son, refuses to accept and love him, refuses to repent then has a complete Mental/Nervous Breakdown and is lost to all. You can apply these to many, many, every day, real situations, both big and small.
Then there is the other kind of judgement from God, talked about in Revelation; It says in Rev16:4-7, "The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say: "You are just in these judgements, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve." And I heard the altar respond: "Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgements." That's just one of many examples of God's Final Judgements, talked about in Revelation.
In this, to me, only God knows our hearts and we cannot possibly even begin to know His mind or who or what will be judged by Him. I also cannot provide examples as the Final Judgements have not yet come to pass. My understanding of Revelation only leads me to speculate that all will be judged by God in accordance to their sins/doings, good and bad, regardless of beliefs, creed, race, sexuality, non beliefs and anything else that divides His beloved children. According to His knowledge of our thoughts, deeds and hearts.
Tbc...
God never existed!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#478509 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I cannot teach love to people who already have a fearful or hateful view of religion.
Did you think that you were teaching love?
Counter_Strike wrote:
religion is a confused and ununited construct of mankind that cares about wealth and power.
I would call that the church, and not religion per se. The church is the instrument for indoctrinating the religion, and its purpose is to accumulate wealth and political power.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Each denomination fighting above the others to be more popular and more wealthy with the larger congregation than the other.
I don't really care about that, just as I haven't cared about any of the infighting going on in this thread. My concern is with how the church adversely affects the lives of unbelievers without their permission.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#478510 Jan 19, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Chess(aka-'St Augustine')
How ya been? Have been seeing you 'round more lately, just wanted to give a shout and say hope all's well...
Have a Great weekend.
Good to hear from you, Senecus.

Fennario

#478511 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
The Almighty Father didn't create that, man did, and ....
And there it is again.

Incidentally, any statement you make that begins with an unshared premise is rejected. You need to establish the existence of this "Almighty Father" before you can start assigning attributes and intents to it.
Counter_Strike wrote:
He allow us to continue splitting and creating and confusing religion with various doctrines so that it overwhelms us and either destroys many of us in the process or becomes too unbearable to manage so we have no choice but to see how flawed the idea really is.
How shrewd of your god to allow that.

Why does he always behave in exactly the way that he would if he didn't exist? Can you answer that?

I keep reading about how he allows us free will because he doesn't want robots, he won't show himself because he wants you to believe on faith, he permits blasphemy for who knows what reason, he is allowing his church to melt away because it was prophesied, and now, that he lets his church splinter and bicker so that we can "see how flawed the idea really is".

Fennario

#478512 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
He allows it to show how our ideas, our wisdom is nought but ash.
And here we have a marriage of two great ideas from Christianity: your AWOL god sits back and watches to demonstrate to man that he is incompetent.
Counter_Strike wrote:
His way, the eternal way is about brotherhood, friendship, love, true worship, charity, faith, hope, wisdom, knowledge and understanding, courage in the eye of the storm.
Really? The brotherhood of man is a humanist value, as are hope for mankind, and the pursuit of knowledge. Let me share a little scripture with you:

"You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God." - James 4:4

“If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”-Jesus (Luke 14:26)

"For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." - 1 Corinthians 1:19

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#478513 Jan 19, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
But, He hasn't walked away from you:)
And truly, one cannot 'follow' the "Christian faith", but live it.
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."(John 13:34,35)
“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that[b] they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."(Matt.5:13-16 ~ context toward Israel but I post for general application:)
You have a Great Day ,Annie...
Good morning John! I have missed talking to you.

I think some will say that I was thrown out a long time ago with the rest of the salt! No good for anything...LOL

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#478514 Jan 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I felt as if you were quick to throw her under the bus in order to avoid the point that I was making in my post to Steve.
Oh the irony!!!

Your whole point was to throw that person under the bus because they weren't acting the way you think a person that believes in OSAS should act. Which by the way you've made it very clear is a standard that you don't feel someone that doesn't believe in OSAS (like Kat) should be expected to uphold as well.

Double standard much there Annie?

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#478515 Jan 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
This is for all of you guys and gals.
Tis better to marry a old man and be his sweetheart
Then to marry a young man and be his slave.
Speaking(writing) from experience? If so, my sympathies LW, but I think (from past reading) you've found yer match now.

My grandmother(maternal) had a saying, "there's a lid for every pot"- it's an old one that's been around a while.

This could be a good discussion point, do you think that's true? I know some believers feel God will "lead them to the right person", others feel He will give us discernment to 'know' someone may be a good match(more general) ; while others believe God has someone "preordained" for each one(believers only),set aside as a 'perfect helpmeet'(this seems to go along with a strict predestination in some circles).

What do you , or anyone who wishes to discuss, think?

Must be on with me day but will check in later to see (if any ) thoughts:)

You have a Great Day, LW...

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#478517 Jan 19, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to hear from you, Senecus.
Hey Chess, stop by any time too (FB:)

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#478518 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Do you believe the creator, Yahweh Elohiym, was a sort of "detonator" who created everything, set everything in motion if you will, and then backed off and left us to our own devices?
Shabbat Shalom. These are a lot of questions on the rapid Mr. Catcher. However, to answer this first question I would agree that He leaves us to our own devices. Your path and mine would have bee fairly arbitrary unless we ask Him to intervene. It is only then he would nudge us in the direction we ought to go and help us out of tough situations. So He doesn't impose Himself upon anyone. he lets us live but from the beginning explains to us the consequences of choosing one path over the other and asks us not to choose the wrong one. Despite this, He still allows us our freedoms and lets us choose.
Catcher1 wrote:
Or is the creator still out there somewhere today?
He is there, here and everywhere. He is vast and immeasurable. We see Him in His creation every day but in these physical manifestations, because they are within a sinful world,we should not worship them or glorify his beauty by making carvings and granite or marble statues or plaques. The awesome wonder of life is by Him, for Him, because of Him and His creation honors Him by living harmoniously with the earth, not destroying the Eco systems and the balance of nature; the order of things which He has laid down.

We even praise Him by loving each other, being charitable and being respectful for not just the great and magnificent things in this life but also the simple and seemingly insignificant. When we lift our voices in song or in worship, or we bow our heads in meditation and prayer, we put into action that which has long been natural for human kind, and that is to worship. When we speak it as well as live it, it is a High honor to Yahweh Elohiym, being thankful for life and the opportunity to experience this world, even some of the negative forces that helps shape us.
Catcher1 wrote:
If so, what role does he play, does he retain powers over us, and what is the nature of his "existence"?

While He's fully capable of annihilating all of us with a single breath from His lips or even transplanting us to a different world, He doesn't do this. We must play the roles of our existence while record is being kept in heaven. I'm not sure how to answer the "what is the nature of his "existence?" part but as time goes by knowledge is increased but some things won't be answered just now. Some we will know eventually when we meet Him.
Catcher1 wrote:
If not, what happened to him?
Nothing happened to Him, nor can it. He here, there and everywhere. Everything that exists, breathing or not attests to His existence because nothing exists without Him or outside of Him. this is why those that choose continually to live outside of Him will eventually be cut off. they disturb the order of things and with their defiance (silent or not) they harbor sin. For the sake of the continued survival of our species, this cannot be tolerated so there is a time appointed where those fit for everlasting life will be separated from those who stubbornly prepare themselves for the all consuming fire.

Shalom and Love,

Andrew (CS).
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#478516 Jan 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Friend.....
Hope you are doing well...Did you get snow? I have a cousin who lives in Knoxville (in the mountains)...Beautiful area
God Bless
Hey back at ya friend. I’m good, hope you are too. Yes we got some snow. It’s cold but the sun is shining now with no snow in sight. I loved watching it fall. When you are driving in it it’s mesmerizing. I won’t drive in it unless I get caught out in it or just have to. I have a friend that lives in Ohio who said she wondered why we made such a big deal about driving in it until she was here and drove in it. She had her husband come and get her. It is wetter here so slicker. It laid a few inches in the Mountains. I would like to see one good snow before it’s all over with. It is so pretty. You are lucky. You get mountains, snow and the beach.:)
HFN

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478519 Jan 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
This is for all of you guys and gals.
Tis better to marry a old man and be his sweetheart
Then to marry a young man and be his slave.
Heh heh heh...
It has been my experience that younger women can not keep up intellectually, psychologically, and physically, therefore it's best left alone.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#478520 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way ducks quacked.
CS.
Are you saying that language is not learned, but just sprung instantly, from instinct?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#478521 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Once upon a time... there was a woman who was a control freak. She had a male roommate and would constantly argue, fuss and nag at him because he wasn't doing exactly what she wanted him to do... At closer inspection of the situation, she wanted to make him into something that she wanted him to be... but he wasn't moving fast enough for her so she would try and make him leave.
So day in and day out, for many moons and nights... for some years... she would fuss at him from the crown of his head unto the soles of his feet... and when she was done with that she would fuss at him from the soles of his feet unto the crown of his head. She would call him every name but a child of God.... surprisingly, the roommate kept his peace, kept quiet and didn't leave out the door with bags packed... and she would to flail her arms wildly in her daily to weekly tantrums. But he kept right on paying the rent, his share of the utilities, reading the newspaper or worked in the yard. Almost everyday her brothers, sisters and neighbors would take notice of this barage of insults against their sister's roommate and they actually felt a little sorry for the guy but they knew how she was. They didn't want to chance defending him or telling her to keep quiet for their own good because she might throw her tantrums at them. So, because of fear... they held off.
UNTIL one day, he had simply had enough and in a gruff-sounding voice he said a few minced words to her...something or other that she was a miserable wretch.
She was shocked... appalled and ready to burst into tears. Her family wasn't around this day... but while he was looking she slowly walked to the solid oak table and to his horror, she intentionally banged her head on the piece offurniture and her face started to swell up badly.
While looking at him she smiled a wry smile... and walked methodically and reached over to where the phone was and called her family. The brothers came, the sisters came with some canes,...and they all beat up on the man until he was black and blue for hurting their little sister.

Blessings my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 64,619
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min truth 654,406
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min gundee123 106,601
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Gabriel 973,941
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min onemale 281,948
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 52 min RichieBoi 165
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,599
More from around the web