Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I agree with both...
Then Brother you are not doing what you agree with. Some of your posts are most certainly judging others, even calling peoples belief in once saved always saved demonic. I don’t have to judge you Q. Your post/posts do it.
James 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
James 1:2-3
K-Love
Sorry, but the bible is full of fakes, lies and errors. Religions are myths or worse! There is of course never been a god!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no directives in the Bible commanding the Hebrews to enslave any other people.
You can start with Numbers 31.

Commanded by God to attack their own allies (Moses' wife's people) the Midianites, capture all the people and animals and then instructs them to share the spoils and slaves evenly.

Try reading the Bible someday.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Take Number 31 and lay it right over what is going on in the middle east and old Mexico.Then I can read you tell me I am
wrong and know nothing at all okay.
So you're excusing BibleGod and Moses slaughtering captive little boys and divvying up little virgin girls among the men of ancient Israel cuz modern-day drug lords in Mexico do equally heinous acts?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm your friend Annie J.....
No "so called"....
How do you love your "winter" there? U doing O.K.?
LOL You're just on of those "good" ones that shrinky was talking about!

My point in stressing this with shrinky is that if he is going to "make stuff up" that he needs to be sure that he is not speaking for others.

I am doing fine...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
You on earth as a loan from God, you no own nothing. You not own you own life.
This is very disheartening to read.

There is a much more healthy ideology in the world called secular humanism:

"Humanism is a progressive philosophy of life that, without supernaturalism, affirms our ability and responsibility to lead ethical lives of personal fulfillment that aspire to the greater good of humanity. The lifestance of Humanism—guided by reason, inspired by compassion, and informed by experience—encourages us to live life well and fully. It evolved through the ages and continues to develop through the efforts of thoughtful people who recognize that values and ideals, however carefully wrought, are subject to change as our knowledge and understandings advance."

Let me share a few of its affirmations by way of contrast to your philosophy (edited):

[1] We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, explain the world in supernatural terms, and look outside nature for salvation.

[2] We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on [prejudices] and strive to work together for the common good.

[3] We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. Together we discover normative standards tested by their consequences.

[4] We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos.

[5] We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.

[6] We believe in optimism, hope, learning, truth, joy, tolerance, love, compassion, beauty, and reason rather than pessimism, despair, dogma, ignorance, guilt or sin, fear, hatred, selfishness, ugliness, and blind, irrational faith.

[7] We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are capable of as human beings.

I think that we have a better idea - a better and healthier way of thinking. Whereas your philosophy is steeped in the failure of man, a horrible world, and a slave mentality, humanism focuses on the positive and constructive. Whereas your philosophy teaches you to withdraw from the world and view it with fear, suspicion and contempt, humanism seeks to make the people and world better

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Jesus made things out of wood .. and a side line preached. I see preachers on TV offering Holy Water for $30 that heals .. tsk tsk
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I have made many points. My central thesis is that the Christian church has damaged America, and that the world will be better for the rest of us when its influence is limited to the lives of its adherents.
<quoted text>
And what does that mean? To me, religious faith is about spirits, but is not spiritual.
Sorry, but there is no god, religions are myths and faith or spirits are just imaginary ones!

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Bible does it state that Peter was the chief apostle?
Additionally, where in the Bible does it teach apostolic succession?
It doesn't. The RCC uses the "Peter - Petra - rock" arguement for that. It fails because "Peter"'s real name was Simon. "Peter" seems to be a Greek-Roman 'invention' further evidence that the texts were fraudulently rewriten.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So do I. Why did you tell me? Do you think that I disagree?
<quoted text>
I'll be happy to share.
I consider Catholics Christians - the original Christians. Mormons, too. I tend to base the definition not on doctrine in the abstract so much as on the part one plays in society. If you vote for candidates because they are Christian, or you support various political positions because you think Jesus wants you to, or you buy into and propagate characteristically Christians positions such as that atheists and gays are abominations, premarital sex is sin, or that evolution is "just a theory," then you are functionally a Christian to me whether you pray to saints, baptize by sprinkling or immersion, or go to church on Saturday or Sunday.
I just care whether you support Christianity with your words, your votes, and/or your dollars. If you do that, you're a Christian to me.
<quoted text>
Yes, very.
I am an avid amateur musician with many years experience playing classic rock in small venues like restaurants. I play electric guitar and sing, and my wife is also a singer and a bass player. My avatar is a Grateful Dead icon, and is called a Jerry Bear in honor of the late Jerry Garcia, the band's former lead guitarist. Here he is being ushered out of the world following his death in 1995 by two Jerry Bears, Red and Yellow, with Red looking back at us with a tear in his eye : http://www.stickergiant.com/thestore/prods/ac...
How about you?
Religions are myths or worse. No god was never, Jesus died approximately 2000 years as ahuman being.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Genocide - "the deliberate killing of a large group of people, esp. those of a particular ethnic group or nation."
"Mass Killings And Cruelties Ordered, Committed, Approved By Jehovah" at http://www.holysmoke.org/hs00/killer2.htm
[1] The entire population of the earth at the time of Noah, except for eight survivors.(Genesis 7:23)
[2] Everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah.(Genesis 19:24,25)
[3] 10,000 Perizzites and Canaanites.(Judges 1:4)
[4] All inhabitants of the land of Goshen "...(Joshua 11:1216)
[5] The inhabitants of Hormah, Gaza, Askelon, Ekron.(Judges 1:17-19)
[6] The people of Og. "So they smote him, and his sons, and all his people, until there was none left him alive: and they possessed his land." (Numbers 21:33-35)
[7] The Ammonites.(Deuteronomy 2:19-21)
[8] The Horims.(Deuteronomy 2:22)
[9] The Amorites. "…utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones." (Deuteronomy 2:33-35)
[10] The Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. "... thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them;" (Deuteronomy 7:15)
[11] Everyone in Jericho but one family.(Joshua 6:20-25)
[12] 12,000 people of Ai.(Joshua 8:19-29)
[13] All the people of Makkedah.(Joshua 10:28)
[14] All the people of Libnah.(Joshua 10:29,30)
[15] All the people of Gezer.(Joshua 10:33)
[16] All the people of Eglon.(Joshua 10:34,35)
[17] All the people of Hebron.(Joshua 10:36,37)
[18] All the Amalekites. "Slay both man and woman, infant and suckling…." (1 Samuel 15:37)
[19] Every man in Edom.(1 Kings 11:15)
You are correct.
They think if you call a shark a goldfish it becomes a goldfish.

This is the insanity of Christianity.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought his name was Duane, I don't know who Dave Nelson is. I see you're feeling better :D
Hey JL....

There was a David Nelson years ago. He was the Big brother of Rickie Nelson from "The adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" that was on early Television here in the US in the 50's. Way before anyone on here was born....LOL

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but there is no god, religions are myths and faith or spirits are just imaginary ones!
Incorrect.

Religions often are based on myths, but religions are not myths.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not merely poor, but lazy? More aspersions? Can you express dissent without a gratuitous ad hominem in it? Perhaps not.
Were you aware that they use analogies in IQ tests? Not everybody gets them.
According to most of Judaism, the entire Tanakh is an analogy.

Chrisitians haven't grasped that in 1700 years.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>As I say War...
Then the Holocaust was justified and wasn't genocide, it was "War" ?

<about to puke)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Serendipity wrote:
<quoted text>
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!"
-- Carl Sagan, Astronomer
The quote can be found on page 213 of Carl Sagan’s,“The Demon-Haunted World—Science as a Candle in the Dark”
Sagan is incorrect. Wilderide was right.

The statement is correct if it is changed to 'Absence of proof is not proof of absence."

Evidence is anything that makes a factual claim more likely to be true or false. Absence of evidence where it is expected is evidence of absence even if it isn't proof. Consider the following:

You claimed to have called a coworker from your cell phone on your lunch break to tell the office that you would be late, but there was no record of that call in the telephone company records. The absence of expected evidence suggests that that call was never made.

Then, you said that you drove through a muddy field to get back to work, but that same day, with the ground still soft, no tire prints could be found in the field. Furthermore, the car you said you used, though dirty, had no mud on it. That absence of evidence is evidence that you're probably fibbing.

Finally, you claimed that you did return to work, but nobody remembers seeing you after lunch, and your time card wasn't punched. It's not proof that you weren't there, but it is evidence of your absence. You're probably not getting paid for the afternoon based on the absence of evidence.

See?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Read it again.
There is a command to take human beings into captivity against their wills as spoils, meaning to take and treat them as property like cattle.
I am reminded of the mentally woman who was convinced that the tape recordings of her therapy sessions were 'blank tapes' when played back to her.

Apparently it is a prerequisite for a "Real Christian"..

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what context he said that in, but I don't agree with it. Of course absence of evidence is evidence of absence. It's not proof of absence, but it's certainly evidence.
Agreed. evidence yes, proof no.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey JL....
There was a David Nelson years ago. He was the Big brother of Rickie Nelson from "The adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" that was on early Television here in the US in the 50's. Way before anyone on here was born....LOL
Hi Epi :)
I wasn't around then but have heard of Ozzie and Harriet. How are you?
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
I've posted this elsewhere but here it goes anyway...
The discussions on judgement have been on my mind. I was talking to my mother in law last night about it and she helped me sort my own concepts of God's judgements, so part of what I'm sharing comes from her. A beautiful lady who judges no one, at least not out loud or that I know of.
I think that God's judgement on His children is two fold. In Matthew 7:1-3, Jesus says "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?".
In my experience and that of others I know, when we have judged another, eg; "When I get married, I'll never let my home get so messy and will care for all my family's needs, not like that (insert name)!" This behaviour gives God the go ahead, to judge us in our lives likewise; the person who made this judgement on another, goes on to get married, have kids and then falls to illness and cannot take care of either home nor family, until that person can see where this judgement was made and repents of it. That's just one example. Another quick one that applies here is a male Born Again Evangelical who judges and hatefully condemns all homosexuals/bisexuals etc... then goes on to have only one child, a gay son, refuses to accept and love him, refuses to repent then has a complete Mental/Nervous Breakdown and is lost to all. You can apply these to many, many, every day, real situations, both big and small.
Then there is the other kind of judgement from God, talked about in Revelation; It says in Rev16:4-7, "The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say: "You are just in these judgements, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve." And I heard the altar respond: "Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgements." That's just one of many examples of God's Final Judgements, talked about in Revelation.
In this, to me, only God knows our hearts and we cannot possibly even begin to know His mind or who or what will be judged by Him. I also cannot provide examples as the Final Judgements have not yet come to pass. My understanding of Revelation only leads me to speculate that all will be judged by God in accordance to their sins/doings, good and bad, regardless of beliefs, creed, race, sexuality, non beliefs and anything else that divides His beloved children. According to His knowledge of our thoughts, deeds and hearts.
Tbc...
I am so sorry,but thee bible is full of fakes, lies and errors. There was never a god. Jesus may have died 2000 years ago as an humman being.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••