“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#478439 Jan 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Read it again.
There is a command to take human beings into captivity against their wills as spoils, meaning to take and treat them as property like cattle.
I am reminded of the mentally woman who was convinced that the tape recordings of her therapy sessions were 'blank tapes' when played back to her.

Apparently it is a prerequisite for a "Real Christian"..

“Love much, trust none”

There

#478440 Jan 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what context he said that in, but I don't agree with it. Of course absence of evidence is evidence of absence. It's not proof of absence, but it's certainly evidence.
Agreed. evidence yes, proof no.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#478441 Jan 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey JL....
There was a David Nelson years ago. He was the Big brother of Rickie Nelson from "The adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" that was on early Television here in the US in the 50's. Way before anyone on here was born....LOL
Hi Epi :)
I wasn't around then but have heard of Ozzie and Harriet. How are you?
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#478442 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I've posted this elsewhere but here it goes anyway...
The discussions on judgement have been on my mind. I was talking to my mother in law last night about it and she helped me sort my own concepts of God's judgements, so part of what I'm sharing comes from her. A beautiful lady who judges no one, at least not out loud or that I know of.
I think that God's judgement on His children is two fold. In Matthew 7:1-3, Jesus says "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?".
In my experience and that of others I know, when we have judged another, eg; "When I get married, I'll never let my home get so messy and will care for all my family's needs, not like that (insert name)!" This behaviour gives God the go ahead, to judge us in our lives likewise; the person who made this judgement on another, goes on to get married, have kids and then falls to illness and cannot take care of either home nor family, until that person can see where this judgement was made and repents of it. That's just one example. Another quick one that applies here is a male Born Again Evangelical who judges and hatefully condemns all homosexuals/bisexuals etc... then goes on to have only one child, a gay son, refuses to accept and love him, refuses to repent then has a complete Mental/Nervous Breakdown and is lost to all. You can apply these to many, many, every day, real situations, both big and small.
Then there is the other kind of judgement from God, talked about in Revelation; It says in Rev16:4-7, "The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say: "You are just in these judgements, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve." And I heard the altar respond: "Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgements." That's just one of many examples of God's Final Judgements, talked about in Revelation.
In this, to me, only God knows our hearts and we cannot possibly even begin to know His mind or who or what will be judged by Him. I also cannot provide examples as the Final Judgements have not yet come to pass. My understanding of Revelation only leads me to speculate that all will be judged by God in accordance to their sins/doings, good and bad, regardless of beliefs, creed, race, sexuality, non beliefs and anything else that divides His beloved children. According to His knowledge of our thoughts, deeds and hearts.
Tbc...
I am so sorry,but thee bible is full of fakes, lies and errors. There was never a god. Jesus may have died 2000 years ago as an humman being.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478443 Jan 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Sagan is incorrect. Wilderide was right.
The statement is correct if it is changed to 'Absence of proof is not proof of absence."
Evidence is anything that makes a factual claim more likely to be true or false. Absence of evidence where it is expected is evidence of absence even if it isn't proof. Consider the following:
You claimed to have called a coworker from your cell phone on your lunch break to tell the office that you would be late, but there was no record of that call in the telephone company records. The absence of expected evidence suggests that that call was never made.
Then, you said that you drove through a muddy field to get back to work, but that same day, with the ground still soft, no tire prints could be found in the field. Furthermore, the car you said you used, though dirty, had no mud on it. That absence of evidence is evidence that you're probably fibbing.
Finally, you claimed that you did return to work, but nobody remembers seeing you after lunch, and your time card wasn't punched. It's not proof that you weren't there, but it is evidence of your absence. You're probably not getting paid for the afternoon based on the absence of evidence.
See?
Now, about the black book scribbles...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#478444 Jan 19, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're excusing BibleGod and Moses slaughtering captive little boys and divvying up little virgin girls among the men of ancient Israel cuz modern-day drug lords in Mexico do equally heinous acts?
It not up to me to excuse God or Moses.Here is my point it is still a part of the Bible and the history thereof good or bad.
People tend to want to paint a perfect picture of beliefs but
is no perfect picture and has not been since Adam and eve and
garden event.Do you not think God or Moses can not feel anger
too after all were we not all made after his image.If you take
the old testment of the Bible and compare it to todays modern
world with it events what ya got.Repeat history modern verision.
What do you think the black market is about or the thousands killed over in Old Mexico.You use the heinous acts that such a kind word for what is really going on.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#478445 Jan 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>..
Though I don't agree with Kaitlin's choice of words...at least she is not doing it in the name of God....
That simply makes her psychopathic instead of sociopathic.

She does it in the name of her "Italian witchcraft".

She is no differnt from a Christian, Atheist or any other Topix "Troll".

Adds nothing to the conversation/debate and simply makes personal attacks...usually based on lies and ignornance.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#478446 Jan 19, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
I assume your IQ test is not so high
you are spiritualy not existing and doesn't understand simple SPIRITUAL CREATURE WHO IS FEEDED BY HEALTHY FOOD FROM GODS WORD,
DIAGEST THEM GOOD AND HAVE HEALTHY OR DEADLY FARTS AND URINES AFTER SPIRITUAL DIAGESTION,urine of spiritual body is deadly to your godless body also for you spiritual fart is Savour to the death, for spiritual children spiritual farts is Sweet Savour to the eternal life but spiritual urine of spiritual creation is sweet drink to the life Also drink or smell ,which belongs to you
You're intellectual road kill - belly up and bloated in the hot sun. But you come by it honestly. Let me share some scripture with you. Bon appetit:

[1]“But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?”- 2 Kings 18:27

[2]“And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight." - Ezekiel 4:12

[3]“Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces.”- Mal.2:3

[4]“The fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and the sons shall eat their fathers.”- Ezekiel 5:10

[5] "Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:19-20

[6] "So we boiled my son, and ate him. And on the next day I said to her,`Give your son, that we may eat him.' but she has hidden her son" (2 Kings 6:28-29)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478448 Jan 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey JL....
There was a David Nelson years ago. He was the Big brother of Rickie Nelson from "The adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" that was on early Television here in the US in the 50's. Way before anyone on here was born....LOL
Speak fer yerself!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#478447 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Judgement cont...
As for the topic of 'which sin is greater' and the Commandments of God, I believe in what Jesus taught; Matthew 22:36-40, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "Love The Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it:'Love your neighbour as yourself'. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
To me, if these two are followed, no Law will be broken. This passage reminds me of something that was said to me yesterday in another thread, where I am friendly with a lovely lady who is married to another lovely lady and is constantly and viciously attacked by Christians; I try to stay out of it but sometimes cannot help myself in defending this lady and rebuking a Christian for their words. I was told this: "Those disgusting gay sinners will burn in hell for eternity and you will burn too for supporting those demons!" (may not be word for word as I haven't checked it before quoting, may have been some cussing, but you get the idea)
I personally don't understand or agree with that kind of mentality, nor do I think it's Biblical. We are not supposed to judge one another, it's hard for everyone not to sometimes and no one is perfect, but it's not what Jesus taught, only God can do this. Those are my opinions and beliefs on judgements and Laws.
Peace, love and joy to all <3
I am sorry, but there is no god and of course never was. Jesus died as a human being approximately 2000 years ago.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#478449 Jan 19, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
U know any DECENT, SINGLE men?...
Let me know when you are in the Philly area.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#478450 Jan 19, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugs...miss you my friend.
Hugs right back at you my friend!
:)

I have missed you too!
Was surprised to log on and see you!

How are all of you fairing in losing RR?
I think of you all and her children alot..
You are all in my best thoughts and prayers.
Always..

What have you been up to- up north??
How is Baxter??

Won't be back on till much later tonight..hope you
check back in!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#478451 Jan 19, 2013

Keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
~Ephesians 4:3

Harmony with other Christians is important because it reflects the unity between Jeus and His heavenly Father. When problems arise within the family of God, the Bible says we are to respond "with all lowliness and gentleness, and longsuffering, bearing with one another in LOVE." (Ephesians 4:2)

I pray, O Lord, reveal to me
If I have caused disunity,
For You would have Your chldren one
In praise and Love for your dear Son.

Our hearts are linked through the love of Christ.

From "Our Daily Bread"

See-U

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#478453 Jan 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Speak fer yerself!
Oh...Are you a Baby Boomer?

LOL
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#478452 Jan 19, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Brother you are not doing what you agree with. Some of your posts are most certainly judging others, even calling peoples belief in once saved always saved demonic. I don’t have to judge you Q. Your post/posts do it.
James 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh
Very sorry the bible is full of fakes, lies and of errors. There is no god. Jesus died approximately 2000 Years ago.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#478454 Jan 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when you are in the Philly area.
You're too old....She is 22 and doesn't want a 60 year old man (her words)....LOL

:-)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#478455 Jan 19, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
... They love to jump on and complain about any bad acting Christian while turning their backs on the actions of those of yours and their ilk....
I hate to say it but you are 100% right.

At least people here will confront one of their own that goes beyond the pale.

I tried that over there and ended up with everyone against me.

All it proved to me is that "non-christians" aren't any differnt than "christians" and sometimes worse.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#478456 Jan 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong.
This is your slave psychology speaking. It has been drummed into you. You don't even own your own life or mind any more, do you? The mantra is always "submit!"
Sorry, but this a self-serving perspective created by men to exploit other men. People interested in your well being don't teach you to think like this.
I agree much with you!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#478457 Jan 19, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Qu :) that's great, lol.
Hi, what do you find "great" about a grown man
writing a fictional story in order to paint himself a
a victim??

LOL!
I find it pathetic..

Just curious what was so "great" in your eyes??
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#478458 Jan 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct.
They think if you call a shark a goldfish it becomes a goldfish.
This is the insanity of Christianity.
I agree with you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aura Mytha 777,693
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Oxbow 560,315
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min andet1987 5,150
Scientific proof for God's existence 22 min andet1987 47
Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 54 min Loggerblogger 56
Pau Gasol leads Bulls past Lakers, 113-93 1 hr discocrisco 1
Aguaje Results- Aguaje Powder (May '13) 1 hr BellaInParis 7
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rick in Kansas 265,398
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 hr yon 4,848
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr hpcaban 441,809
More from around the web