Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#478404 Jan 19, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/armstrong-turns-emotion... Anyone who blieves that Lance Armstrong's 'remorse' on the Oprah Winfrey Show was REAL is very naive. Don't be surprised if his lawyers went over 'how' to 'feign remorse' with him. He KNEW the world would be watching,and he had to be ready to try to'repair' the public's perception of him. He probably left the stage saying to himself 'These SUCKERS will fall for anything!'

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#478405 Jan 19, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on surely as smart as you are you know why I posted scripture to you straight from the Bible.You were talking churches,governments,leaders,e ct.Non believer and beleivers.
Corruption damages,destruction.Alot of people on both sides of the fense do not like what the Bible reads(because it does not fit there agenda) but it is there in written form black and white print and the truth handed down generations ago.This is now world wide just not just in America.
Oooo. Speaking of corruption, damages, destruction, etc., Numbers 31 is the best, eh?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#478406 Jan 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
You're very quick to demean those who disagree with you. It would be easy to make up a similar narrative about your motivations based on presumed character flaws as well.
Have I mentioned how much I despise your church for teaching you to think like that? You make our lives more difficult and more dangerous because of it. You have no right. I'm pretty sure that you couldn't care less.
Your philosophy is not respectable, and there is nothing appealing about it.
Now it's my turn to discuss you and your decadent character. You are a coward.
Try standing up like the bipedal ape you were born to be, and look out into the universe, which may be almost empty, and which may contain no gods at all. Then face and accept the very real possibility that we may be all there is for light years.
Accept that you may be vulnerable and not watched over.
Accept the likelihood of your own mortality and finititude.
Accept the reality of your insignificance everywhere but earth, and that you might be unloved except by those who know you - people, and maybe a few animals.
Because as far as we know, that's how it is.
It's more difficult at first than the comforting swaddling of religion, but be brave! Religion's comfort comes at a great price. It's infantilizing, and costs you your only shot at a mature, authentic, self-actualized existence.
Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

Hopefully, anyway.

Good to see you IANS.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#478407 Jan 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are twisting the conversation shrinky. You said these people here were too good to tell me what they really think of me.
So...what do they think shrink and please be specific?
Which friends do you speak of shrink? Which ones are "so called"?
I'm your friend Annie J.....

No "so called"....

How do you love your "winter" there? U doing O.K.?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#478408 Jan 19, 2013
edited for space:
wilderide wrote:
The following passage describes the sickening practice of sex slavery. How can anyone think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave?

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are." (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
Good post.

Have you seen this before? It's pretty funny:

"Dear Dr. Laura

"Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

[1] Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

[2] I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her? She is 6 years old, healthy, and very smart. She doesn't want to be a slave, so that might be a problem.

[3] I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness - Lev.15: 19 24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

[4] When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

[5] I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

[6] A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

[7] Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear contact lenses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

[8] Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though Lev. 19 expressly forbids this: How should they die?

[9] I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves? What should we do with the NFL?

[10] My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws?(Lev. 20:14) I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.

You are a great prophet and I will go to my grave remembering that you were among the very few who placed the blame for 9/11 where it truly belonged: on abortionists, gays and lesbians. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

#478410 Jan 19, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
hi skom?
where is conveor behind you,did you sell on flohmart,or stole from your boss?
stick more pipe of manitou,not your two left wolf teeths will be black,but also a...
pfuj how ugly you are
are you living in the cave?
Skom is a Christian.

I am an atheist.

You are an illiterate moron.

Trussville, Alabama

#478411 Jan 19, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your so called by you memory in this despiseful ugly russian head
is simple memory of little white maggot from the old stinking hamburger sandwich
my my my my
Cuckoo. Cuckoo. Cuckoo.

Trussville, Alabama

#478412 Jan 19, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at own brain and own image
You are not only cretin,but despiceful stinking ugly creature even
your own dog
wouldn't
like to pee or take s...under your computer chair
YOU IDIOT
I post not from USA,you demented undeducated paranidal drug destroyed brain and teeth and hair monkey
pfuj
Yes you do. You said so last year. Besides, you are not intelligent enough to change your isp to Maryland. That you can power up the computer is wonder enough.

Trussville, Alabama

#478413 Jan 19, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie the post you left in here a couple weeks ago was you complaining about the actions of a certain poster claiming to be a Christian that was posting in the WINLAC thread. You left 2 links to that thread that you wanted people to look at.
So I made the comment back to you that what that poster was saying in that thread (that you felt the need to drag in here to complain about) was no worse than the things Kaitlin was saying in that thread. And that they both should be equally dealt with in that thread and not dragged in here like you did.
But of course we all know that would never happen in that thread now don't we Annie? Because there's a double standard when it comes to who can act how in that thread now isn't there Annie?
You dragged what was going on in that thread in here trying to stir things up in here. It wasn't dragged in here by me or anyone else Annie. It was dragged in here by you!!!
So I didn't deflect anything. You're the one that brought the dirty laundry from that thread in here. And when you got back what you gave out you didn't like it. And of course per your usual pattern you're now back claiming to be a victim as you try to fly your "I'm a martyr" flag.
It won't fly in here Annie. Perhaps you should try flying it back in the WINLAC thread Annie. I mean think about it Annie. They love to jump on and complain about any bad acting Christian while turning their backs on the actions of those of yours and their ilk. So it will probably fly in there and garner you the sympathy you're seeking.
Have a nice night and a great day tomorrow Annie.
Coffey Bean.

Control freak.

Angry.

Same as it ever was.

Fennario

#478414 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
have a nice time trying to sucker someone else into your abysmal non-poetry....my friend.
Your friend?

You don't seem to have any friends, even among the Christians. They have repeatedly rebuked you and described you in unflattering terms since I entered this thread - much more so than any of the skeptics posting.

Why do you suppose that is?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#478415 Jan 19, 2013
Jesus is cool I love his sandals :)

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#478416 Jan 19, 2013
I've posted this elsewhere but here it goes anyway...
The discussions on judgement have been on my mind. I was talking to my mother in law last night about it and she helped me sort my own concepts of God's judgements, so part of what I'm sharing comes from her. A beautiful lady who judges no one, at least not out loud or that I know of.
I think that God's judgement on His children is two fold. In Matthew 7:1-3, Jesus says "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?".
In my experience and that of others I know, when we have judged another, eg; "When I get married, I'll never let my home get so messy and will care for all my family's needs, not like that (insert name)!" This behaviour gives God the go ahead, to judge us in our lives likewise; the person who made this judgement on another, goes on to get married, have kids and then falls to illness and cannot take care of either home nor family, until that person can see where this judgement was made and repents of it. That's just one example. Another quick one that applies here is a male Born Again Evangelical who judges and hatefully condemns all homosexuals/bisexuals etc... then goes on to have only one child, a gay son, refuses to accept and love him, refuses to repent then has a complete Mental/Nervous Breakdown and is lost to all. You can apply these to many, many, every day, real situations, both big and small.

Then there is the other kind of judgement from God, talked about in Revelation; It says in Rev16:4-7, "The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say: "You are just in these judgements, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve." And I heard the altar respond: "Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgements." That's just one of many examples of God's Final Judgements, talked about in Revelation.
In this, to me, only God knows our hearts and we cannot possibly even begin to know His mind or who or what will be judged by Him. I also cannot provide examples as the Final Judgements have not yet come to pass. My understanding of Revelation only leads me to speculate that all will be judged by God in accordance to their sins/doings, good and bad, regardless of beliefs, creed, race, sexuality, non beliefs and anything else that divides His beloved children. According to His knowledge of our thoughts, deeds and hearts.
Tbc...

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#478417 Jan 19, 2013
Judgement cont...
As for the topic of 'which sin is greater' and the Commandments of God, I believe in what Jesus taught; Matthew 22:36-40, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "Love The Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it:'Love your neighbour as yourself'. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
To me, if these two are followed, no Law will be broken. This passage reminds me of something that was said to me yesterday in another thread, where I am friendly with a lovely lady who is married to another lovely lady and is constantly and viciously attacked by Christians; I try to stay out of it but sometimes cannot help myself in defending this lady and rebuking a Christian for their words. I was told this: "Those disgusting gay sinners will burn in hell for eternity and you will burn too for supporting those demons!" (may not be word for word as I haven't checked it before quoting, may have been some cussing, but you get the idea)
I personally don't understand or agree with that kind of mentality, nor do I think it's Biblical. We are not supposed to judge one another, it's hard for everyone not to sometimes and no one is perfect, but it's not what Jesus taught, only God can do this. Those are my opinions and beliefs on judgements and Laws.
Peace, love and joy to all <3

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#478418 Jan 19, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo. Speaking of corruption, damages, destruction, etc., Numbers 31 is the best, eh?
Take Number 31 and lay it right over what is going on in the middle east and old Mexico.Then I can read you tell me I am
wrong and know nothing at all okay.

Fennario

#478419 Jan 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
God can't commit genocide, life belong to God ... God can't murder what is His.
Wrong.

This is your slave psychology speaking. It has been drummed into you. You don't even own your own life or mind any more, do you? The mantra is always "submit!"

Sorry, but this a self-serving perspective created by men to exploit other men. People interested in your well being don't teach you to think like this.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#478420 Jan 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I have made many points. My central thesis is that the Christian church has damaged America, and that the world will be better for the rest of us when its influence is limited to the lives of its adherents.
<quoted text>
And what does that mean? To me, religious faith is about spirits, but is not spiritual.
The spirit and spiritual two different things but go hand in hand with each other while one is alive here on earth.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#478421 Jan 19, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
I'm human and without thinking, I probably sin once or twice a day. One of my worst is impatience. Another is gossip. Let's face it, we all gossip and sometimes don't even realize we're doing it, like "did you hear about so and so whos name is in the paper" and that's after it's been passed along nine or ten times. Another is envy, especially when I hear of someone who has won the lottery and I think "Why them instead of me?" Laziness is another. I find myself picking up the tv remote instead of picking up the Bible and searching for the answer to a question that is bothering me and asking for guidance. I could go on and on but in my heart, Jesus and God are very important to me and I feel that I am loved in spite of the fact that I have to apologize to Him every day, sometimes more than once even though I feel in my heart that I don't deserve the love and peace that follow. Anyhow, JMHO. Blessings to all, I for one am going to work on those that I have mentioned and hopefully be a better person for it.
I am very sorry, but there was and is never been a god and Jesus died as a human being approximately 2000 years ago!
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#478422 Jan 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I agree with both...
Then Brother you are not doing what you agree with. Some of your posts are most certainly judging others, even calling peoples belief in once saved always saved demonic. I donít have to judge you Q. Your post/posts do it.
James 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#478423 Jan 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
James 1:2-3
K-Love
Sorry, but the bible is full of fakes, lies and errors. Religions are myths or worse! There is of course never been a god!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#478424 Jan 19, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no directives in the Bible commanding the Hebrews to enslave any other people.
You can start with Numbers 31.

Commanded by God to attack their own allies (Moses' wife's people) the Midianites, capture all the people and animals and then instructs them to share the spoils and slaves evenly.

Try reading the Bible someday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min It aint necessari... 739,765
why do hairy armpits turn me on??? (Jul '10) 24 min danni2 12
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min MUQ1 259,621
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 54 min Lost In Transition 173,743
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Love Massage 872
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 1 hr mike 50
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,488
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 542,873
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr ms simmer 153