“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#478357 Jan 18, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Phaerae, how are you cher? I like your avatar it is very beautiful and unique.
Ciao, bella! Come stai? I can't stick around long; I just wanted to say hi!

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#478358 Jan 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Who wants you to accept being dispirited, tolerating grief, not asserting yourself, honest to them, forgiving of them and pacifistic with them? Who benefits if, when I punch you, you don't retaliate, defend yourself or even walk away?
Well, it takes a special type of person to do that. This is why it is easy to walk the path of self and not the path of a Higher calling. Dealing with being dispirited and tolerating grief doesn't mean you're accepting of them or inviting them with open arms. It's just coping with. If you punch me and I don't retaliate, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm a coward, I could be thinking one of two other things.

[1] Injustices will eventually be tended to and I won't need to initiate it.
[2] I could be saying that you punching me didn't necessarily give you want you need, maybe just what you wanted at the moment and I left you for your conscience to deal with you (if you have a conscience and I was innocently persecuted).
The bosses don't want you seeking justice. You are to tolerate injustice, and be merciful to them, to forgive and forget. Put that cheek right out there again, will ya? No, not quite like that - turn it a little more. Great. Thanks ...[Whack!]..
Again you misunderstand, but I can see why you reason it that way. Yahweh (barack be He) says vengeance is mine, which means He will recompense your enemies with judgment. However, David and many other great biblical men carried swords, and if the Creator says, defend yourself or defend the innocent, then I obey His command and His vengeance that is visited upon you is enacted through me. I am sure, if a man goes through all the trouble to break in my front gate, break down my door (which is a very big and heavy door) to come in on me and my family, it is highly likely that he has forfeited his own life. The scriptures also says that the greatest act of love is laying down your life for your brother, so i won't stand there and watch the life of my friends and family be taken away by a thief of lives.
As you noted, Christianity promises to make it up to you in the afterlife. Your reward will come shortly after death. By tolerating all of this earthly abuse now, you believe that you're earning points to be redeemed postmortem, when all accounts will be settled, and you will be a king in a mansion of gold! The promise is that if you put up with it here, in Heaven, at last, you won’t be a doormat.
It doesn't mean you should be a doormat here either. Scripture says the race is Not for the swift but he that endures to the end. the point is, endure, survive, be resourceful and push through even against all odds. The Savior did not take all that abuse and then die for me so I can waste my life too. Then to what purpose is His suffering? He died, so that I (we) could live. So while we suffer here and many of us will be killed or imprisoned or on the run during the time of the great Tribulation, we will survive. We will endure because the rulers of this world hate us, and want to see an end to us. I may be a sheep of His fold, but this sheep my friend has very big horns and they're not there for show.
Let's look at that "turn the other cheek" advice to see what I mean. Of the six possible reactions to being smitten in the cheek, the last one, the advice from Jesus, is the worst:
[1] walk away
[2] negotiate a détente
[3] fight back
[4] put up your fists without fighting
[5] offer the sore, tender cheek
[6] turn the other cheek
Continued...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#478359 Jan 18, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the cold is pretty much gone; thanks!
Dave Nelson is a poster on the "Prove there's a god" thread, whose attitude and style are virtually identical to those of that G_O_D jerkwad. They even have similar histories.
I guess.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#478360 Jan 18, 2013
Why Jesus Hates....after he was exposed by the Judaes about his Fake claim..that he is sone of God...

Location hidden

#478361 Jan 18, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it takes a special type of person to do that. This is why it is easy to walk the path of self and not the path of a Higher calling. Dealing with being dispirited and tolerating grief doesn't mean you're accepting of them or inviting them with open arms. It's just coping with. If you punch me and I don't retaliate, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm a coward, I could be thinking one of two other things.
[1] Injustices will eventually be tended to and I won't need to initiate it.
[2] I could be saying that you punching me didn't necessarily give you want you need, maybe just what you wanted at the moment and I left you for your conscience to deal with you (if you have a conscience and I was innocently persecuted).
<quoted text>
Again you misunderstand, but I can see why you reason it that way. Yahweh (barack be He) says vengeance is mine, which means He will recompense your enemies with judgment. However, David and many other great biblical men carried swords, and if the Creator says, defend yourself or defend the innocent, then I obey His command and His vengeance that is visited upon you is enacted through me. I am sure, if a man goes through all the trouble to break in my front gate, break down my door (which is a very big and heavy door) to come in on me and my family, it is highly likely that he has forfeited his own life. The scriptures also says that the greatest act of love is laying down your life for your brother, so i won't stand there and watch the life of my friends and family be taken away by a thief of lives.
<quoted text>
It doesn't mean you should be a doormat here either. Scripture says the race is Not for the swift but he that endures to the end. the point is, endure, survive, be resourceful and push through even against all odds. The Savior did not take all that abuse and then die for me so I can waste my life too. Then to what purpose is His suffering? He died, so that I (we) could live. So while we suffer here and many of us will be killed or imprisoned or on the run during the time of the great Tribulation, we will survive. We will endure because the rulers of this world hate us, and want to see an end to us. I may be a sheep of His fold, but this sheep my friend has very big horns and they're not there for show.
<quoted text>
Continued...
Don't write that big post...its just a waste of time ..kiddii

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478362 Jan 18, 2013
Doesn't sticking your face out there really incite further violence? Even if you weren't going to use them, putting up your fists says, "don't hit me again." What kind of ridiculous advice is this? The kind masters give slaves. Obviously, Christian morality is really all about being made docile and compliant - submissive.
Some Bible apologist once told me that the meaning of "turn the other cheek" was in the gesture. If there is some message delivered by deliberately accepting the pain, suffering and humiliation of a second beating, then give the smiter the SAME sore, tender cheek, not the fresh one. If it's symbolic, why the wimpy gesture of giving your enemy the fresh cheek. Man up and give him the tender one, and make a real point!
It is possible that you are quick to speak and slow to understand. Turning the other cheek means; Prepare to endure MUCH persecution for His (the Savior) name's sake. It doesn't mean you should stand there and be abused and not walk away or you should turn your face and get hit with a sack of pool balls. It means people who spitefully use you, love them still. Be just to others even when they are unjust to you. Say hello to the hypocrites and the gangsters too and not just your brethren. In other words, be not like those that hate you or envy you, love regardless, not just love those that love you back. In the time near the end, various plagues with be visited upon those that persecute His people, the wicked and those that love the sin more than salvation. So if you're persecuted for His name's sake, then you know you will have justice soon being on the right side.
Who else but the rich and powerful would teach people who have been hit in the cheek to show the other cheek and take a second blow without resistance? People who care about you, like you father and mother, teach you how to defend yourself when necessary, to try to negotiate an understanding when possible, or walk away. Only somebody trying to exploit you would give you that bad advice about turning the other cheek.
And I rank you incessant admonition to submit right down there with that.
Was Yashua- Ha-Mashiach (who you call Jesus) born rich and powerful (society wise) based on what you read? He was born poor and among the poor and grew up as the son of a carpenter.

Read my above explanation also. Turning the other cheek doesn't mean turning your life over to the wicked hap-hazardly. Or else, what value has your life if you give it away cheaply as if committing suicide? Turning the other cheek does not mean wantonly setting up yourself to be abused all the time.

Read and understand why the Savior speaks in parables:

Matthew 13:10-11 (KJV)
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

I hope you understand now. Most will misinterpret His words if they are against Him, do not believe in Him yet believe they understand. When abuse comes, forgive, don't hate. True love forgives....while it hurts and seems not to reward, it is the right thing to do.If one son was a doctor and the other a gigolo, would you love one and hate the other even if one constantly is an embarrassment to you? If your wife neglects you, maybe embarrassed you in front of your parents and cheated on you, would you quickly quit her or would you exercise patience and not be quick to ditch her? If the supermarket attendant constantly uses racial slurs every time you shop at a particular supermarket, would you quickly move to get he or she fired? Would you lay wait the attendant in the parking lot after the store is closed and deliver a brutal beating for their troubles? Or would you take the abuse, be patient, pray and find a way to witness to the ignorant individual?

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478363 Jan 18, 2013
King_of_Arabiya 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't write that big post...its just a waste of time ..kiddii
You didn't have to read it.

CS.

Location hidden

#478364 Jan 18, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't have to read it.
CS.
Your post is truly boring ....I don't think..anyone would like to read it......

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478365 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
That's true. In meat space, I would be punished with car keying or a pet execution.
When I was younger, it would have been harassing my children or boycotting my place of business.
I shudder to think what would have happened in seventeenth century Salem or sixteenth century Spain.
<quoted text>
Why would you say otherwise? Because I am impious and blasphemous?
<quoted text>
Oh. That's much better.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You need to learn how to engage us.
<quoted text>
We is (sic) the people who will be disagreeing with you increasingly more often over the next several years.
<quoted text>
You need to define respectful. Respectful of who or what? Civility to persons is given until lost. Respect for persons and ideas has to be earned. I have no respect for faith as a mode of thought, nor of pessimism nor submission as psychological states.
<quoted text>
So do I.
If the point of this discussion just so you can oppose me and many like me over the years then you waste your time here. All you have to do is cut the conversations and begin to find ways how to enact physical revenge upon religion who has long held you and your kind back, marginalized you and persecuted you.

Talk is cheap, or haven't you read the memo? I believe the time is fast coming where Jerusalem will be divided or at least the attempt with half given to the Palestinians, which will be war and Israel will suffer much, very much but will survive. I also know that many who hate religion will not just try to enact vengeance against religions but also anyone who simply dares to believe.

Well, take this as you will, but the Eternal Father in Heaven knows my heart, but this turn the other cheek business, don't be presumptuous. The time fast approaches that the reign of those that hate Him will be at an end.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478366 Jan 18, 2013
The Butcher wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he means he will press you on this, which is why he posted about it again. And will again and again...not to "help you grow..." But til you agree with him because, Andrew's always right;;;
It's an ego thing (shrugs)- we understand;;
Interesting.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478367 Jan 19, 2013
What's the distinction in your mind? I reject the possibility of the god of the Christian bible existing. Is that what you mean?
Which one of the gods in the Christian bible are you referring to?
Disagree.
Yes, no surprise there.
What do you find respectable about Jehovah?
I do not worship Jehovah, so I don't find anything respectable about him. please get your facts straight. Who is Jehovah?
Wrong about what? I accept the logical possibility of a creator god - just not one described in mutually exclusive terms. Such claims are logically impossible, that is, analytically false.
Then you're not an atheist. What is human logic by the way except to lean upon our own finite and ever changing understanding? Logic alone doesn't cover it.
I read your claims. I don't remember them being supported by arguments, though. And this far, you haven't told me anything that I haven't already considered and answered previously. What have you told me? I should submit. I'm rebellious/angry. Anything else?
Neither have you, which makes us even. Do you have some kind of submission fetish or something? Submit on your own terms and on your own time to whomever or whatever you please. This is entirely up to you, but for sure don't submit to me. This would not be acceptable.
Some things are unknown or unknowable.
This all from your perspective. What you know is limited. Others know more and there are also others that know less depending on the particular subject(s). What you believe may be unknowable may well have been already experienced by another.

Andrew (CS).

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#478368 Jan 19, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monsieur Qu, I am not a person to take offense. I like the hymn A Might Fortress is our God by Martin Luther. There are many more of course but this one speaks to my spirit in a way the others do not.
Bonsoir Monsieur Sora... Comprende vous... Have a good one.

“Saved. ”

#478369 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not in or from San Francisco (although it is one of my favorite cities).
My internet provider has a San Francisco base. I'm in southern California. The land of sunshine.
I love, love, love the weather over there in southern Cal. Surprised to here about the cold snap last week or earlier this week though.

“Saved. ”

#478370 Jan 19, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour Qu, today we have a few errands to run. We have misplaced our library cards and since we live in a large house they could be anywhere in any case we are not going to ask the maids to search for us. The numbers are old and faded and the machines have probelms reading them. Sora today is giving a private recital to several people we knew at the University. I am sure he will do will and I am going to give him moral support. Afterwards we are all going out to dinner and to an opera. We shall return later.
Sound like you two had a grand time... hope everything worked out well.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478371 Jan 19, 2013
I don't have a god or a religion, and I don't worship anything.
Sounds to me based on your self glorification that you worship yourself. This is just my opinion of course.
Yes, I know.
I'm glad you do.
Why is that interesting?
Because many if not most of you are much like the Christians whom you loathe so much. That is interesting.
Man can be glorious. All you see have reported is the dark side.
It is because of this dark-side and because his mortality causes him to rot and turn to dust why he shouldn't glorify in himself. Be happy for who you are, but do not set yourself up as a god to be worshiped, even by your own self.
Have you read its creation story? That's a myth. So is the Great Flood. Archeologists say that there is no evidence for the Exodus or any battle of Jericho.
When was the last time you picked up a decent book or watched a documentary? The Grand Canyon itself was studied as a great flood event. Many cultures, not just the Christian religion speaks of a great flood event, surely a learned man such as yourself has analysed this countless times. The battle for Canaan and the Exodus, even though some of the events of the Exodus are a bit misplaced. What else have you got?

Andrew (CS)

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478372 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilderide is a fine person.
That's a good thing.
Thanks for sharing.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478373 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
Just for clarification, I made a mistake--Huh is a lady, not a man.
Thanks for clearing that up.

“Saved. ”

#478374 Jan 19, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Bible does it state that Peter was the chief apostle?
Additionally, where in the Bible does it teach apostolic succession?
Good early morning Drew. The simple answer is it doesn't say that Peter was Chief Apostle... The scriptures alludes that he was initially until James took over. Of course you may see it differently but here are some of my notes on the matter.

1. Jesus warned Peter of a trial he was about to face and what to do afterwards: "And when you have turned back, STRENGTHEN YOUR BROTHERS." Luke 22:32

2. Jesus said to Peter directly,“Feed my lambs.” "“Take care of my sheep.”“Feed my sheep." John 15

3. Peter gave the first sermon in Acts 2... Peter was the first to bring the gospel to the Gentiles in Acts 10... In Matthew 10:2, though Andrew knew of Jesus before Peter, Peter is mentioned foremost or first... Peter was the first Apostle Jesus appeared to I Cor 15:5/Luke 24:34...

4. Although Paul is having some issues with James, Paul acknowledges Peter's (Cephas) leadership in Galatians 1:8 and 2:8

James & Apostolic Succession

1. Drew, as you already should know... there was James (the brother of John) and both were Apostles of course. Jesus also had a half-brother,-------> James... and In Acts 15, Peter spoke but James (The Lord's brother) gave the final word or judgement on the Gentile issue... The original Apostle, James (not the Lord's brother by Mary), had been killed during this timeframe in Acts. So that right there is a show of APOSTOLIC succession.

2. Paul also alludes to The Lord's brother, James, as an Apostle... evidently, the Lord's brother came to believe and became Apostle also (Galatians 1:19).

3. Another show of Apostolic succession was earlier in the book of Acts... Matthias took Judas' place... so Matthias succeeded Judas in the apostleship... Acts 1.

4. Barnabas was an Apostle, Paul (of course) was an Apostle. Acts 14:14... bothe were not of the original 12.

5. Paul acknowledges Adronicus and Junia as Apostles (Romans 16:7)... both were not of the original 12.

6. The difference between the Original Apostles and the Apostles who came afterwards were ----> the Original Apostles were known as "The Twelve" (which included Judas initially)... because they had seen Jesus in the flesh and had been with Him for those 3 years.

7. The Scritures clearly show Apostleships other than The Twelve.

“Saved. ”

#478375 Jan 19, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Quin.
Andrew (CS).
Good Early Morning CS...

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478376 Jan 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Adam and Eve were the first people, how did they acquire language at all?
The same way ducks quacked.

CS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 774,128
INDESIT MASLAK ) Servis 299 I5 34 indesit Servi... 11 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Lyndi 175,563
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Charlie Sheen 265,024
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min USA Born 559,063
EMIRGAN indesit Beyaz Esya 299 I5 34 Servisi is... 45 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
istinye indesit SERVISI TELEFON 299 I5 34 Yenik... 53 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Barnsweb 441,758
More from around the web