Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#478342 Jan 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You're certainly doing your part.
Thanks. I don't figure you're perfect either.
And what does that mean specifically? What are you suggesting that I should do differently to accept responsibility for my shortcomings? Submit and beg forgiveness for being human?
No. Nothing wrong with being human, and being human is no excuse to commit atrocities and destroy the earth. Our apologies are to be for be for the way we treat each other and the way we treat creation in general.
That's secular humanism's agenda,not the church's. It's philosophy is divisive, pessimistic, misanthropic, obstructionist, and sterile. What has it produced of value that couldn't be done as well or better without it?
Has nothing to do with either being secular or the church's agenda, it's everyone's agenda and in everyone's interest to get right or be in big trouble on a planet we call home. Everything doesn't have to seem so divisive to you. Not because the church wants to draw clear lines means you also have to do the same. that wouldn't make you look any better. You would just be replacing theocratic tyranny with a secular autocracy. Indeed, the church has brought much flak upon itself and well deserved, but what makes you think you or secular rule would be any better? It would probably end up being quite a beastly abomination of the worse type of tyrannical rule, much worse that the church could ever birth upon humanity.
The planet has become better every time authoritarian, faith based thought has been replaced by reason and evidence based thought,as when theocracies became secular democracies, and revelation and superstition became science.
Really? Give me an example then. I'm sure you won't say The United States. Dubai and Qatar U.A.E. are Islamic countries and they seem to do quite well for themselves. Do you disagree?
This is the legacy of Judeo-Christianity:
”Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding, and whatever it sees must be put out of sight and ... know nothing but the word of God." - Martin Lutherm, father of Protestantism.
Excellent example. All from a racist that was excommunicated by his church and Germanic Luther bible, banned. Surely you can do much better than this.
Here's is one of your most prominent intellectuals today -a philosopher, no less - on reason
"...And my view here is, that the way in which I know Christianity is true is first and foremost on the basis of the witness of the Holy Spirit. In my heart. And that this gives me a self-authenticating means of knowing that Christianity is true wholly apart from the evidence. And therefore, if in some historically contingent circumstances, the evidence that I have available to me should turn against Christianity, I don't think that that contraverts the witness of the Holy Spirit. >>>snipped for space<<<< He said that if reason contradicts his faith, he would ignore reason and wait for his faith to seem reasonable again to him.
Interesting. Prominent intellectual you say. An intellectual that doesn't know that the Savior never started Christianity, it was a Roman concoction of stolen Hebraic ideas that were perverted and names changed and rearranged. An intellectual that may appear to understand history but ends up accepting everything he was told rather than study enough for himself, just like most other people. I have no issue with William Lane Craig, but if he really wrote this stuff, then I believe you better find better examples. I'm sure he must have had better examples of faith and reason (I would hope for his sake). I understand where you may want to go with this, but I'll observe a bit more.

Andrew (CS).

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478343 Jan 18, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, I have no need for sock puppets, Dave.

Dave Nelson. If it isn't him, then he's got a clone running loose.
I thought his name was Duane, I don't know who Dave Nelson is. I see you're feeling better :D

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478344 Jan 18, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>Amen Peace Warrior.
I agree. We should take our focus OFF our differences and put our focus back where it belongs..On Jesus Christ. Jesus made it easy for us to be reconciled back to God but then we humans turn around and try to make it hard again. I cant wrap my mind around this sometime. God Bless
Amen <3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478345 Jan 18, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>That is why we should only have good news to share for old things are passed away, Ja? No evil, no devil, only bathed in God's Love and walk in His Light. It is sad to witness all confusion...

True... nothing more between such needs to be said, but a greeting in His Love never went astray.
Take Care dr shrink, and I trust your ducks are still happy!
Have a good night and Blessings always.
Beautifully said <3

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#478346 Jan 18, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Le le.
Yes we always have to be careful and keep our guards up. You never know when someone will accuse and set traps. We are cautioned in the Bible about that. It is the work of the devil, and he is seeking those that he can destroy.
I'm glad you responded. I needed my ego fix this morning. I think I can make it through the rest of the day now LOL.
Yeah, thinking of cribbage brings back memories of my brother as we enjoyed the game many, many times. And a 7 would make the best hand.
Thanks for the Friday wishes and I hope you have a great day and an even better weekend.
I pulled back quite a bit a few years ago, when I realized
that we shouldn't trust others online.

Hahaha! Anytime..
Hope your day was a good one.
Mine was nice, so happy it's Friday..

My dad had a stroke a couple years ago and doesn;t want to play cribbage anymore..
I miss playing cards w him..

Wishing you and your family the best, as always..

Go Pat's!!
LOL!

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478347 Jan 18, 2013
In this post, you ask if I mean 'submit'. You repeat yourself here:
(1) http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
(2) http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
(3) http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
(4) http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... #

Yes, your line hasn't changed, but I can tell you're trying to drain the conversation of life by not being original. I await your originality.
Do you ever support your claims, as I just did above, or simply make them? What question are you referring to.Please show me a link of my question, a link with your reply, and then a subsequent link with me asking the question again. I doubt that you can.
I just did. what else would you like to see?
Is that a fancy way of saying, "people that won't submit"? That seems to be what you are most frustrated about with me.
Nope. If I do have any frustrations about you is that you're trying to annoy me. Why? Beats me. Of course, because you're secular means you know way more than I do. I wonder where the real you is hiding.

:)
But you're not a Christian, right?
"Follow" ... does that also mean submit?
Sorry, I but am a bipedal ape, one of a magnificent species. I was born to stand upright, not to grovel.
I can't say I'm wholly and solely thrilled to be having a conversation with an ape, but if I give you a cyber banana, would you promise to say something original and not read out of a book?

LOL x 20

Ok my magnificent Ape friend; would you like to go shake hands and hug your cousin, a 500lb silverback Gorilla in the San Diego zoo? I suppose not. I hope you wouldn't do something so foolish even though you would be greeting your relative.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478348 Jan 18, 2013
You're wrong.
Yup. True to form.
Are we back to submission again? Didn't you just accuse me of repeating myself? You're a one note tune.
Indeed, and you're the other crooked note on the key. You can choose to respond properly, unless you can't, but if you won't, then that's not contributing to a discussion now is it.
How are those mutually exclusive? If you are right about the latter, then you did both.
I call it the way I see it. If they turn out not to be mutually exclusive from each other then so be it. Moving along.
Are we back to the embroidered throw pillows again? You and I should consider going into business together selling demotivational slogans.
Running out of answers so soon?
Because we're rebellious and won't submit, right?
You said it, I didn't. Since you keep repeating it, then that may well be your honest feeling. So don't wait for me to queue you in, submit if you want to. I don't need to hold your hand for you to submit to His will. You don't need my approval to do so.
It's about time. His behavior thus far has been indistinguishable from nonexistence.
I wouldn't be too anxious if I were you. Your opinion of Him won't make Him go away...you may eventually wish He did.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#478350 Jan 18, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I pulled back quite a bit a few years ago, when I realized
Hahaha! Anytime..
My dad had a stroke a couple years ago and doesn;t want to play cribbage anymore..
Go Pat's!!
LOL!
Oh, I love cribbage , it is my pasttime. I play all the time.
I got a 29 the other night. I was thrilled! that rarely happens.
Going to try some tournaments.

my post number is 1269
I could use a 7 or a 4, LOL

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478351 Jan 18, 2013
So, if I will just submit now, I will get the pie in the sky later? This is a slave philosophy complete with a slave ethic. The Sermon on the Mount is a set of instructions from the ruling class to the peasant class on how to think and behave as they are being exploited and discriminated against.
What pie in the sky? You think the understanding is that human beings will dwell in heaven forever and ever? You didn't read the bible did you. Also,matters not where the rules came from as long as the rules are moral and just,and certainly the 10 Commandments are moral and just. People generally tend to hate rules. they feel restricted by them and they see rules as impeding freedom. Well, you should obey the speed limit whether you like it or not. The rule is not debatable. Break the rule, get a ticket. It's very simple. You don't need to approve of it.
Let's look:
Blessed, supposedly, are the poor in spirit, those who mourn, the meek, those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart and the peacemakers. I find nothing wise or comforting in admonitions to be poor of spirit or meek. Be robust of spirit and as assertive as the situation requires. Meekness is not a virtue. Humility, perhaps, but not meekness. That's just a poverty of spirit.
Because it doesn't seem that you understand. Poor in spirit are those who are humble. Those that mourn are those who suffer from injustices and heartbreak and betrayal. Nothing wrong with being merciful. Nothing wrong with hungering and thirsting for righteousness. Also nothing wrong with being pure in heart and being a peacemaker. Meekness is: enduring injury with patience and without resentment, slow to anger, non violent in nature. Poverty of spirit would be extreme but one usually must suffer something and exhibit patience and resilience in order to show meekness. So the spirit is afflicted and suffers but not impoverished.

Continued....
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#478352 Jan 18, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN.
I keep forgetting that this thread has become a pulpit for some
of topix's most rabid wanna be christian preachers..
Everytime I look in here, I wonder how we could ever take
it back? I know we never will though..
Has been a long time, my friend..Miss you and hope you are well.
Hey Le Le,
It has been a long time. I miss reading your posts. I’m good and hope the same for you. I’m not here as much either. Too much nonsense, fighting and disrespect goes on in here. Plus too many sock puppets. I do a lot of scrolling. Oh well, God knew about it before we did.

It is good to see you when we are both in here at the same time! Yes, friends for quite awhile now.:)
HFN

“Hippie Witch”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#478353 Jan 18, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>I pulled back quite a bit a few years ago, when I realized

Hahaha! Anytime..

Go Pat's!!
LOL!
Hugs...miss you my friend.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#478354 Jan 18, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Phaerae, how are you cher? I like your avatar it is very beautiful and unique.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#478355 Jan 18, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought his name was Duane, I don't know who Dave Nelson is. I see you're feeling better :D
Yeah, the cold is pretty much gone; thanks!

Dave Nelson is a poster on the "Prove there's a god" thread, whose attitude and style are virtually identical to those of that G_O_D jerkwad. They even have similar histories.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#478356 Jan 18, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
Pookie girl! What are you doin' here, darlin'? It's nice to know you're still around.

So, what brings you to this miseralble hell hole? I mean, this sweet and pleasant little hell hole?

((hugs!!))

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#478357 Jan 18, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Phaerae, how are you cher? I like your avatar it is very beautiful and unique.
Ciao, bella! Come stai? I can't stick around long; I just wanted to say hi!

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478358 Jan 18, 2013
Who wants you to accept being dispirited, tolerating grief, not asserting yourself, honest to them, forgiving of them and pacifistic with them? Who benefits if, when I punch you, you don't retaliate, defend yourself or even walk away?
Well, it takes a special type of person to do that. This is why it is easy to walk the path of self and not the path of a Higher calling. Dealing with being dispirited and tolerating grief doesn't mean you're accepting of them or inviting them with open arms. It's just coping with. If you punch me and I don't retaliate, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm a coward, I could be thinking one of two other things.

[1] Injustices will eventually be tended to and I won't need to initiate it.
[2] I could be saying that you punching me didn't necessarily give you want you need, maybe just what you wanted at the moment and I left you for your conscience to deal with you (if you have a conscience and I was innocently persecuted).
The bosses don't want you seeking justice. You are to tolerate injustice, and be merciful to them, to forgive and forget. Put that cheek right out there again, will ya? No, not quite like that - turn it a little more. Great. Thanks ...[Whack!]..
Again you misunderstand, but I can see why you reason it that way. Yahweh (barack be He) says vengeance is mine, which means He will recompense your enemies with judgment. However, David and many other great biblical men carried swords, and if the Creator says, defend yourself or defend the innocent, then I obey His command and His vengeance that is visited upon you is enacted through me. I am sure, if a man goes through all the trouble to break in my front gate, break down my door (which is a very big and heavy door) to come in on me and my family, it is highly likely that he has forfeited his own life. The scriptures also says that the greatest act of love is laying down your life for your brother, so i won't stand there and watch the life of my friends and family be taken away by a thief of lives.
As you noted, Christianity promises to make it up to you in the afterlife. Your reward will come shortly after death. By tolerating all of this earthly abuse now, you believe that you're earning points to be redeemed postmortem, when all accounts will be settled, and you will be a king in a mansion of gold! The promise is that if you put up with it here, in Heaven, at last, you won’t be a doormat.
It doesn't mean you should be a doormat here either. Scripture says the race is Not for the swift but he that endures to the end. the point is, endure, survive, be resourceful and push through even against all odds. The Savior did not take all that abuse and then die for me so I can waste my life too. Then to what purpose is His suffering? He died, so that I (we) could live. So while we suffer here and many of us will be killed or imprisoned or on the run during the time of the great Tribulation, we will survive. We will endure because the rulers of this world hate us, and want to see an end to us. I may be a sheep of His fold, but this sheep my friend has very big horns and they're not there for show.
Let's look at that "turn the other cheek" advice to see what I mean. Of the six possible reactions to being smitten in the cheek, the last one, the advice from Jesus, is the worst:
[1] walk away
[2] negotiate a détente
[3] fight back
[4] put up your fists without fighting
[5] offer the sore, tender cheek
[6] turn the other cheek
Continued...

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#478359 Jan 18, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the cold is pretty much gone; thanks!
Dave Nelson is a poster on the "Prove there's a god" thread, whose attitude and style are virtually identical to those of that G_O_D jerkwad. They even have similar histories.
I guess.

Location hidden

#478360 Jan 18, 2013
Why Jesus Hates....after he was exposed by the Judaes about his Fake claim..that he is sone of God...

Location hidden

#478361 Jan 18, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it takes a special type of person to do that. This is why it is easy to walk the path of self and not the path of a Higher calling. Dealing with being dispirited and tolerating grief doesn't mean you're accepting of them or inviting them with open arms. It's just coping with. If you punch me and I don't retaliate, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm a coward, I could be thinking one of two other things.
[1] Injustices will eventually be tended to and I won't need to initiate it.
[2] I could be saying that you punching me didn't necessarily give you want you need, maybe just what you wanted at the moment and I left you for your conscience to deal with you (if you have a conscience and I was innocently persecuted).
<quoted text>
Again you misunderstand, but I can see why you reason it that way. Yahweh (barack be He) says vengeance is mine, which means He will recompense your enemies with judgment. However, David and many other great biblical men carried swords, and if the Creator says, defend yourself or defend the innocent, then I obey His command and His vengeance that is visited upon you is enacted through me. I am sure, if a man goes through all the trouble to break in my front gate, break down my door (which is a very big and heavy door) to come in on me and my family, it is highly likely that he has forfeited his own life. The scriptures also says that the greatest act of love is laying down your life for your brother, so i won't stand there and watch the life of my friends and family be taken away by a thief of lives.
<quoted text>
It doesn't mean you should be a doormat here either. Scripture says the race is Not for the swift but he that endures to the end. the point is, endure, survive, be resourceful and push through even against all odds. The Savior did not take all that abuse and then die for me so I can waste my life too. Then to what purpose is His suffering? He died, so that I (we) could live. So while we suffer here and many of us will be killed or imprisoned or on the run during the time of the great Tribulation, we will survive. We will endure because the rulers of this world hate us, and want to see an end to us. I may be a sheep of His fold, but this sheep my friend has very big horns and they're not there for show.
<quoted text>
Continued...
Don't write that big post...its just a waste of time ..kiddii

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478362 Jan 18, 2013
Doesn't sticking your face out there really incite further violence? Even if you weren't going to use them, putting up your fists says, "don't hit me again." What kind of ridiculous advice is this? The kind masters give slaves. Obviously, Christian morality is really all about being made docile and compliant - submissive.
Some Bible apologist once told me that the meaning of "turn the other cheek" was in the gesture. If there is some message delivered by deliberately accepting the pain, suffering and humiliation of a second beating, then give the smiter the SAME sore, tender cheek, not the fresh one. If it's symbolic, why the wimpy gesture of giving your enemy the fresh cheek. Man up and give him the tender one, and make a real point!
It is possible that you are quick to speak and slow to understand. Turning the other cheek means; Prepare to endure MUCH persecution for His (the Savior) name's sake. It doesn't mean you should stand there and be abused and not walk away or you should turn your face and get hit with a sack of pool balls. It means people who spitefully use you, love them still. Be just to others even when they are unjust to you. Say hello to the hypocrites and the gangsters too and not just your brethren. In other words, be not like those that hate you or envy you, love regardless, not just love those that love you back. In the time near the end, various plagues with be visited upon those that persecute His people, the wicked and those that love the sin more than salvation. So if you're persecuted for His name's sake, then you know you will have justice soon being on the right side.
Who else but the rich and powerful would teach people who have been hit in the cheek to show the other cheek and take a second blow without resistance? People who care about you, like you father and mother, teach you how to defend yourself when necessary, to try to negotiate an understanding when possible, or walk away. Only somebody trying to exploit you would give you that bad advice about turning the other cheek.
And I rank you incessant admonition to submit right down there with that.
Was Yashua- Ha-Mashiach (who you call Jesus) born rich and powerful (society wise) based on what you read? He was born poor and among the poor and grew up as the son of a carpenter.

Read my above explanation also. Turning the other cheek doesn't mean turning your life over to the wicked hap-hazardly. Or else, what value has your life if you give it away cheaply as if committing suicide? Turning the other cheek does not mean wantonly setting up yourself to be abused all the time.

Read and understand why the Savior speaks in parables:

Matthew 13:10-11 (KJV)
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

I hope you understand now. Most will misinterpret His words if they are against Him, do not believe in Him yet believe they understand. When abuse comes, forgive, don't hate. True love forgives....while it hurts and seems not to reward, it is the right thing to do.If one son was a doctor and the other a gigolo, would you love one and hate the other even if one constantly is an embarrassment to you? If your wife neglects you, maybe embarrassed you in front of your parents and cheated on you, would you quickly quit her or would you exercise patience and not be quick to ditch her? If the supermarket attendant constantly uses racial slurs every time you shop at a particular supermarket, would you quickly move to get he or she fired? Would you lay wait the attendant in the parking lot after the store is closed and deliver a brutal beating for their troubles? Or would you take the abuse, be patient, pray and find a way to witness to the ignorant individual?

Andrew (CS).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 12 min Rider on the Storm 320
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min King Salim 45,634
You Don't like Trump because??? 18 min eddy4294 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 22 min Al Capone 3,055
Horny snapchat usernames 27 min freakydeaky 15
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min Life in Leyland 445,538
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Phooey 659,053
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 35 min eddy4294 5,105
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Toby 71,235
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Toby 974,897
More from around the web