Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. A gathering of people. Synogogue is the Greek equivalent.
The modern Jewish Synogogues and Christian Churches are not exactly what the original terms meant.
Excellent answer.

Andrew (CS).

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
IANS is also a person. Do you use the term "character" to besmirch his character? You are not making a good personal impression.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I'm not here to impress anyone ... I do understand that people can post whatever they want even if it infringes upon the rights of others expressing their faith ...
How does my expressing my skepticism infringe upon your right to express your faith? Are you the only one with such a right?

And what right are you referring to? Your right to read not read a contradictory opinion?
Counter_Strike wrote:
... or it disrespects others.
This is the third time you've posted this about being disrespected. Just what exactly are you expecting that you're not getting? Respect for your right not to be offended?

Please be explicit what kinds of comments of mine or of others you consider inappropriate? Did you mean that I need to show more respect for your religion, your church, your bible or your faith based beliefs? If so, why?

At this time, that's just an unsupported aspersion.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Then it applies both ways, no one has to be nice to someone who decides to be mean.
Here you go again: unsupported character slurs. What have I done that is mean?

Let's set the score straight here: so far, you have called me at least mean, rebellious, and disrespectful, and I have called you nothing worse than wrong about a pessimistic and pernicious world view. Does that offend you? Do you think that I should censor those opinions because you're offended?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
IF YOU are sink and not urinate or fart
for sure your life is miserable and need doctor attention,
maybe you will understand? when you start urinate and fart,
dr shink mostly urinate on atheists,unbelievers,godless scintific psychos, and lairs,included couple of farts
He is the potter, and you are the shard.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Shar of shars, you say? My bad. I thought that Jehovah was a god.
Yes, Jehovah is a god.

:)
And there's that pessimism and misanthropy - so much emphasis on the failure of mankind.
Contrast provided.
Did you know that some people are prone to genius, integrity, courage and compassion? Seriously. There are some.
Yes, they are. Unfortunately all that you've listed here is exercised less and less these days.
Unrighteous, huh? There's that word "rebel" again.
Yes, it is a word in the dictionary, thus, a legal word. Look into what was said, not just one or two words within the sentence.
Then this is my lucky day. I have you to straighten it all out. Shar of shars, huh?
Yes, I did say Shar of shars. I will use one of my "assume" coins and toss it in the "go" well and believe you already know what Shar or shars mean.

Andrew (CS).

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

How does my expressing my skepticism infringe upon your right to express your faith?
It doesn't. That's the best part!

You think you're making a dent in religion by posting your opinions.

It's the funniest thing!

But go on, do yo thang!

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
those people dead in the torah is because of war not no genocide. is the hypocrisy in you talking writer.
Genocide - "the deliberate killing of a large group of people, esp. those of a particular ethnic group or nation."

"Mass Killings And Cruelties Ordered, Committed, Approved By Jehovah" at http://www.holysmoke.org/hs00/killer2.htm

[1] The entire population of the earth at the time of Noah, except for eight survivors.(Genesis 7:23)
[2] Everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah.(Genesis 19:24,25)
[3] 10,000 Perizzites and Canaanites.(Judges 1:4)
[4] All inhabitants of the land of Goshen "...(Joshua 11:1216)
[5] The inhabitants of Hormah, Gaza, Askelon, Ekron.(Judges 1:17-19)
[6] The people of Og. "So they smote him, and his sons, and all his people, until there was none left him alive: and they possessed his land." (Numbers 21:33-35)
[7] The Ammonites.(Deuteronomy 2:19-21)
[8] The Horims.(Deuteronomy 2:22)
[9] The Amorites. "…utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones." (Deuteronomy 2:33-35)
[10] The Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. "... thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them;" (Deuteronomy 7:15)
[11] Everyone in Jericho but one family.(Joshua 6:20-25)
[12] 12,000 people of Ai.(Joshua 8:19-29)
[13] All the people of Makkedah.(Joshua 10:28)
[14] All the people of Libnah.(Joshua 10:29,30)
[15] All the people of Gezer.(Joshua 10:33)
[16] All the people of Eglon.(Joshua 10:34,35)
[17] All the people of Hebron.(Joshua 10:36,37)
[18] All the Amalekites. "Slay both man and woman, infant and suckling…." (1 Samuel 15:37)
[19] Every man in Edom.(1 Kings 11:15)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
you are white,and you are owned forever by goverment and taxes blacks knows who they are,they are more happy from such crips like you-white and forever owned by your lords
Are you a brutha? Dawg! I'm down widdit, G.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>proof? what proof have to do with anything? I believe Jesus is God based on faith and spiritual evidence. There no proof for you. I not responsible to supply you with proof. You need to check out Jesus for yourself, if after that you conclude Jesus not God, then that on you.
I no think slavery on those days is like slavery you thinking about. you thinking about slavery in america, that not the kind of slavery that was going on in bible days.
I'm not asking you to supply me with proof. I'm suggesting that if God were real then there is no reason it would need to rely on faith. What is the point of that? Can't God supposedly see into everyone's heart? It's entirely unnecessary. Until you consider who it is who is making claims about this undetectable God and it's attributes: the humans in the churches who purport to speak for it. They have a motive to peddle that story. And I believe many of them sincerely believe in much of it themselves. Religion can be a warm and fuzzy story to wrap yourself around. It gives you a community, tells you how to think, pretends to give answers to questions. But it's all bogus. You'd think a group of Scientologists or worshipers of Zeus were following a bogus religion, yet they have the same faith you do. Isn't that a red flag?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
dominionists?? that new thing to me. who them people?
http://lmgtfy.com/...

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I no think slavery on those days is like slavery you thinking about. you thinking about slavery in america, that not the kind of slavery that was going on in bible days.
The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

The following passage describes the sickening practice of sex slavery. How can anyone think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave?

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment." (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing.

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

"The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Sorry, but slavery in the Bible is as bad as that. Read it yourself. Then tell me it is a valid moral guide. Wanna sell your daughter to me as a sex slave?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
If Adam and Eve were the first people, how did they acquire language at all?
Good question.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

When will that be? I've been this way most of my life.
Incidentally, have you noted any frustration, outrage or conflict in those that accede to your dogma, or is that limited to rebellious people like me?
No, not limited to. I never singled out a group or a religion. Being argumentative can cause confrontation, frustration, outrage and conflict.
I hear your message. I'm too argumentative, and too rebellious. In one word, your message is this: submit.
You assume way too much. It is simply your choice what you want to do just as it is my choice to live my life how I see fit. However it is simple. Many things we do in this life will either lead to dyer consequences or reward. We see it happen every day.
What a beautiful philosophy you have embraced! So upbeat and constructive. It's an inspriration to me.
I'm glad you're impressed.
I think that you're projecting.
Yes, you think a lot of other things too. Not my fault though.
That's a bizarre thing to post.
Yes, I suppose it is. Maybe a bizarre response to a bizarre post I suppose was the appropriate thing to do.

Andrew (CS).

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Land of Frisco? What's that mean?
Hi :)
Expensive real estate, great museums, beautiful Victorian and modern architecture, decent mass transit, and a nexus of smart, creative people from all over the world. And very good coffee.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilderide is a fine person.
That's a good thing.
Aw, thanks my fellow Friscan.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry old friend. I won't allow you to drag me into your nothing conversation with your pointless rants while alking sideways through your endless revolving doors. You're not a skeptic. A skeptic is a doubter. yet you speak in absolute terms as if you know yet call yourself a skeptic. Whenever you're ready to teach and learn and not put conversations on spin cycle mode, then I'd love to engage in conversation with you. Otherwise, have a nice time trying to sucker someone else into your abysmal non-poetry....my friend.
:)
Andrew (CS).
What you mean is, you aren't willing to take an honest look at Christian ideology.

Credulity is not a virtue.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are errors in our present bible. Maybe too many to count in fact, especially in the Ketuviym or Wrintings (The NT). Only the Greek portions were found in tact and they were just translated copies of copies of other copies. Yes, there are other gods. A god is basically one of several beings worshipped but they usually either mimic the criteria of the person worshipping it or they are worshipped because of their desire. Like someone's private jet could be their god. There are other creatures mythical and otherwise that were set up and worshipped as gods. You also have idol worship, where the idol(s) represents a particular thing, cerature or being. Some people also worship certain animals, nature and even science*.
Why did you ask?
Andrew (CS).
There are Biblical errors because it was written by men. Had it been overseen by an omnipotent creator deity with an interest in human endeavors, and in fact an insistence that humans believe in it blindly, then that would unlikely be the case.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when is someone telling the truth about something running to someones aid Andy? Because that's all Drew did. He told the truth, he didn't run to anyone's aid.
Truth be told, you can't stand it that everyone in here isn't joining you in your obsession with shrink. You respond to every one of his post with your attempted back handed slap at Christianity by telling shrink he's a fine example of Christianity (even though he's said many times that he's not a Christian).
See what most of us that have had enough of shrinks antics do is simply ignore him. But not you. You obsess over him and then get mad when people don't join you in your obsession.
Give it up Andy. We've all been exposed to your tactics many times before and we're not fooled by them. You're like a broken record, or a terrible card player that's so easy to read.
Try a new game Andy. Because the one you're beating into the ground now isn't working.
Your welcome.
Is it any different than what when on for months in here about Just A Wet Sock? That went on for well over a year.

I agree however in people would be much better off to ignore it but we all know that ignoring doesn't work.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

If the Americans descended from the British, why are there still British? The answer is the same in both cases: a new niche opened up, and a group broke off to exploit it.

G_O_D wrote:
Excellent analogy. Thanks!
Counter_Strike wrote:
I think his analogy was anything but. I think it was lazy
Not merely poor, but lazy? More aspersions? Can you express dissent without a gratuitous ad hominem in it? Perhaps not.

Were you aware that they use analogies in IQ tests? Not everybody gets them.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>
Genocide - "the deliberate killing of a large group of people, esp. those of a particular ethnic group or nation."
"Mass Killings And Cruelties Ordered, Committed, Approved By Jehovah" at http://www.holysmoke.org/hs00/killer2.htm
[1] The entire population of the earth at the time of Noah, except for eight survivors.(Genesis 7:23)
[2] Everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah.(Genesis 19:24,25)
[3] 10,000 Perizzites and Canaanites.(Judges 1:4)
[4] All inhabitants of the land of Goshen "...(Joshua 11:1216)
[5] The inhabitants of Hormah, Gaza, Askelon, Ekron.(Judges 1:17-19)
[6] The people of Og. "So they smote him, and his sons, and all his people, until there was none left him alive: and they possessed his land." (Numbers 21:33-35)
[7] The Ammonites.(Deuteronomy 2:19-21)
[8] The Horims.(Deuteronomy 2:22)
[9] The Amorites. "…utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones." (Deuteronomy 2:33-35)
[10] The Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. "... thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them;" (Deuteronomy 7:15)
[11] Everyone in Jericho but one family.(Joshua 6:20-25)
[12] 12,000 people of Ai.(Joshua 8:19-29)
[13] All the people of Makkedah.(Joshua 10:28)
[14] All the people of Libnah.(Joshua 10:29,30)
[15] All the people of Gezer.(Joshua 10:33)
[16] All the people of Eglon.(Joshua 10:34,35)
[17] All the people of Hebron.(Joshua 10:36,37)
[18] All the Amalekites. "Slay both man and woman, infant and suckling…." (1 Samuel 15:37)
[19] Every man in Edom.(1 Kings 11:15)
As I say War.

As far as you little man made definition, rofl. God laugh at you writer.

God can't commit genocide, life belong to God. Is God give life in the first place. God can't murder what is His. No you I tell the same thing to few days back? Can I steal my own car? no that absurd, is my car.

God can't commit murder or genocide, only human being can commit genocide. If God kill you today is not murder, God simply take back the life he gave you in the first place. You on earth as a loan from God, you no own nothing. You not own you own life. So God can't commit murder or genocide writer,,,iyai!
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not asking you to supply me with proof. I'm suggesting that if God were real then there is no reason it would need to rely on faith. What is the point of that? Can't God supposedly see into everyone's heart? It's entirely unnecessary. Until you consider who it is who is making claims about this undetectable God and it's attributes: the humans in the churches who purport to speak for it. They have a motive to peddle that story. And I believe many of them sincerely believe in much of it themselves. Religion can be a warm and fuzzy story to wrap yourself around. It gives you a community, tells you how to think, pretends to give answers to questions. But it's all bogus. You'd think a group of Scientologists or worshipers of Zeus were following a bogus religion, yet they have the same faith you do. Isn't that a red flag?
nobody need you as ally to supply any proff or be brother
filth of soul and body is abomination for God and His children

true believers doesn't discuse anything with immoral fallen crature rambling around past 5 years on this cyber space,and bambling bulshit

go away and take with you this red flag

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 460,181 - 460,200 of596,459
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

687 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Double Fine 679,550
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 511,820
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Adam 89,407
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 6 min Big mcshaky fist 288
Bush Policy Harms Manufacturing (Feb '06) 6 min swedenforever 2
Agreement reached on Patriot Act (Feb '06) 8 min swedenforever 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Aquarius-WY 216,474
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Dr_Zorderz 250,305
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr Poppy 219
•••
•••
•••