Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not asking you to supply me with proof. I'm suggesting that if God were real then there is no reason it would need to rely on faith. What is the point of that? Can't God supposedly see into everyone's heart? It's entirely unnecessary. Until you consider who it is who is making claims about this undetectable God and it's attributes: the humans in the churches who purport to speak for it. They have a motive to peddle that story. And I believe many of them sincerely believe in much of it themselves. Religion can be a warm and fuzzy story to wrap yourself around. It gives you a community, tells you how to think, pretends to give answers to questions. But it's all bogus. You'd think a group of Scientologists or worshipers of Zeus were following a bogus religion, yet they have the same faith you do. Isn't that a red flag?
nobody need you as ally to supply any proff or be brother
filth of soul and body is abomination for God and His children

true believers doesn't discuse anything with immoral fallen crature rambling around past 5 years on this cyber space,and bambling bulshit

go away and take with you this red flag

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
I'm sorry old friend. I won't allow you to drag me into your nothing conversation with your pointless rants while alking sideways through your endless revolving doors.
You won't be dragged into a conversation by somebody who is walking sideways through endless revolving doors? That's quite the tortured metaphor there, Shakespeare.
Serendipity

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
There are Biblical errors because it was written by men. Had it been overseen by an omnipotent creator deity with an interest in human endeavors, and in fact an insistence that humans believe in it blindly, then that would unlikely be the case.
Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!"

-- Carl Sagan, Astronomer

The quote can be found on page 213 of Carl Sagan’s,“The Demon-Haunted World—Science as a Candle in the Dark”

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Soul, spirit, call it whatever you wish. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You can't see wind, but it's very real. You can't see your thoughts, but they are real. When you sleep, you see, hear and feel things, even though your eyes are closed and none of that stuff is really happening.
You hear a song playing in your head, even though no radio is on.
If the body dies, what happens to all those thoughts, sights, sounds, etc. that you didn't use the body for during your sleep? Why is it not possible that "something" leaves your body at the time death and you (your soul or spirit) carries on without it?
Not in the terms which you describe it isn't. You describe this "soul" as though it is a perpetual entity. It is not.
Your entire spinal array is a conveyance system for signal. One of nearly instantaneous conductance of electrical signal through a superconductor plasma which is both atomic and subatomic. Those signals are evidenced by equipment we have and by natural means also. The "aura" which you can observe in an individual is the dispersal of that energy beyond it's "contained" path(s), and naturally moving toward lower resistance(entropy). That is the main supply system of energy(produced by the body itself) to enable body function and ensure that function(s) are maintained providing life signals even to the most minute structures and substructures of the biological system.
The system is genetically controlled by switches that eventually decay and malfunction, and as the organs begin to become "toxified" due to wear and environmental influences they are unable to conduct these signals to the needed levels of sustenance, at which point(s) the organs begin to fail, and the entire organism eventually succumbs. That is "death" as we know it.
The only energy left in the organism is the inert energy of chemical matter. The "superconductor" is shut down and all it's energy is absorbed and dispersed into the environment that remains. Eventually, all energy suffers total entropy, and the entire biological structure "disappears"-or IOW is consumed by the environment.
There is no "magic" soul involved---this is the actuality.
Any attempt to incorporate "fantasy" is just that-"fantasy".

The nearest instance to "soul" that could be incorporated(although illogical) is the finding that super conductance appears to make matter invisible at extremely high temps(& currents) because of the subatomic alignment of "certain" elements in this state. That bearing no relevance in this issue.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody need you as ally to supply any proff or be brother
filth of soul and body is abomination for God and His children
true believers doesn't discuse anything with immoral fallen crature rambling around past 5 years on this cyber space,and bambling bulshit
go away and take with you this red flag
I'm curious, what is your native language?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiousity Catcher, is his bigotry any more abominable then yours?
I'm not a bigot.

And you mean "than," not "then."
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not merely poor, but lazy? More aspersions? Can you express dissent without a gratuitous ad hominem in it? Perhaps not.
Were you aware that they use analogies in IQ tests? Not everybody gets them.
I assume your IQ test is not so high

you are spiritualy not existing and doesn't understand simple SPIRITUAL CREATURE WHO IS FEEDED BY HEALTHY FOOD FROM GODS WORD,
DIAGEST THEM GOOD AND HAVE HEALTHY OR DEADLY FARTS AND URINES AFTER SPIRITUAL DIAGESTION,urine of spiritual body is deadly to your godless body

also for you spiritual fart is Savour to the death, for spiritual children spiritual farts is Sweet Savour to the eternal life

but spiritual urine of spiritual creation is sweet drink to the life
Also drink or smell ,which belongs to you
2Cor 2;16-13

13/FOR WE ARE NOT SO MANY(FEW REMANAT LEFT ON THIS EARTH) WHISCH CORRUPT THE WORD OF GOD

BUT OF SINCERELITY,BUT AS OF GOD(ALSO SPIRITUALY),
IN THE SIGHT OF GOD SPEAK WE IN CHRIST

deal with it
which fart and urine is suitable to you earthly lost atheistic animal?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
"And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee." - Deuteronomy 20:13-14
Drew H wrote:
Funny, neither of the passages you cited have a direct command from God to make slaves out of other people. I do believe your inference is incorrect.
Read it again.

There is a command to take human beings into captivity against their wills as spoils, meaning to take and treat them as property like cattle.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks for what? Did I offer you something? I said deletion, not punishment.
Yes, just like in the movies, the good guy wins and the bad guy eventually loses. It is no savagery that in the, Ha Satan the Adversary and the people who either join Him in his evil doings or those who turn their backs on the Most High will get the chance to be with him...for ever.
The reason you and the rest of the "other-kind" in here don't like this doctrine of destruction of sin is that you all know you're in the wrong, so you hate the truth and love a lie. Since you don't want to change, you decide to hate the doctrine of salvation and the destruction of sin. You don't want to part ways with evil thoughts and deeds, you very well have a choice to cling to them. At the end of the day, you can't say you weren't told.
Just saying my friend.
Andrew (CS).
Thanks for the warning...or threat.

BTW, you didn't just say "deletion." You described a horrific eternal existence in a boiling maelstrom. It would scare the wits out of an innocent six-year-old, or a godbot. I on the other hand find it humorous, as I also do your belief in "Ha Satan the Adversary."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.
"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
The following passage describes the sickening practice of sex slavery. How can anyone think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave?
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment." (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing.
"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.
"The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
Sorry, but slavery in the Bible is as bad as that. Read it yourself. Then tell me it is a valid moral guide. Wanna sell your daughter to me as a sex slave?
shrugs. again I can't sit here in arrogance and say 5000 to 2000yrs ago when there was almost no technology what that culture and ways of living was like. some people work for slave wages today. much people from where I talk about honduras and central america come to america and work for slave wages. you have people from bangladesh and india go to places like dubai and singnapore and work for slave wages. so slaves exist today. only instead of punish them with beatings, they get punish with threat of losing job and then can't feed family no have no where to live or worse get killed because they can't pay back the loan they take from people to go work in foreign land.

So instances where bible talk about slaves I no have no problem with that. I never live in that culture or time to give a credible response. But again if you think you more moral than bible God, then that you writer. I no think I more moral than bible God. I surrender to bible God, praise and worship Bible God because I know is the real God.

You tell Bible God to bug off, that you writer. stay on top of you moral highhorse then. You feel high and lofty to think you better and more moral than God, then good for you writer.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious, what is your native language?
your curiosity stick inside of your a... and blow on the moon?

this topic is about Jesus and His followers,

not about your nousy curiosity and my native language?

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And isn't it a beautiful, sunny, blue sky California day?
It should hit 80 here in the basin. Probably warmer in the IE.

We have heaven here. I'll leave the boiling maelstroms to Counter Strike and his crew.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Serendipity wrote:
<quoted text>
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!"
-- Carl Sagan, Astronomer
The quote can be found on page 213 of Carl Sagan’s,“The Demon-Haunted World—Science as a Candle in the Dark”
I don't know what context he said that in, but I don't agree with it. Of course absence of evidence is evidence of absence. It's not proof of absence, but it's certainly evidence.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a bigot.
And you mean "than," not "then."
Oh but you are..........

You've demonstrated it a number of times..........

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Expensive real estate, great museums, beautiful Victorian and modern architecture, decent mass transit, and a nexus of smart, creative people from all over the world. And very good coffee.
And the bay.

Don't forget the bay!
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Andy won't see it. He'll deny it like so many other things he does in here that he denies when he's confronted with them.
He responds to everything shrink says. Than shows his true colors by trying to insinuate that shrink somehow represents Christianity (which is so laughable) even after shrink himself (along with many others) have told Andy that shrink isn't a Christian at all. The whole thing is hilarious because Andy thinks that he's getting a dig in on shrink and Christianity at the same time when in reality all he's doing is exposing himself for the religious zealot that he truly is.
Poor Andy can't even see that shrink is playing him like a fiddle. Everyone in here (except Andy) knows that shrink posts his vile statements for the explicit purpose of getting a reaction from somebody/anybody with the hopes that somebody/anybody will respond to him. And with the hook firmly entrenched in his lip Andy falls for it every time.
Hope the rest of your day is a good one. God bless.
I agree with you old pal

his disgraceful attacking christinity doesn,t fit at all my reamrk about worldwide ways of faken doctrines

but singles ons are attacked by him,using responds to me.

for me each single christian is beloved human crature who maybe is wrong,but not necessarly being christian is bad at all

CS
doing this personaly attacking single christians
I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS RANTS.
HE IS NOT MY ALLY AT ALL

rather lot of respect and credit of true believer you got from me,and few others

I defeat CS wicked character? completly not fit family of God

whorever what you are thinking about me, I AM WHAT I AM

God bless you RA old pal

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but you are..........
You've demonstrated it a number of times..........
Show me a post of mine reflecting bigotry.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It should hit 80 here in the basin. Probably warmer in the IE.
We have heaven here. I'll leave the boiling maelstroms to Counter Strike and his crew.
Yup. It's 75 & sunny here. Feels kinda like Hawaii weather.

Slightly better than the 32 & snowing they're appreciating in London :)

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>shrugs. again I can't sit here in arrogance and say 5000 to 2000yrs ago when there was almost no technology what that culture and ways of living was like. some people work for slave wages today. much people from where I talk about honduras and central america come to america and work for slave wages. you have people from bangladesh and india go to places like dubai and singnapore and work for slave wages. so slaves exist today. only instead of punish them with beatings, they get punish with threat of losing job and then can't feed family no have no where to live or worse get killed because they can't pay back the loan they take from people to go work in foreign land.
So instances where bible talk about slaves I no have no problem with that. I never live in that culture or time to give a credible response. But again if you think you more moral than bible God, then that you writer. I no think I more moral than bible God. I surrender to bible God, praise and worship Bible God because I know is the real God.
You tell Bible God to bug off, that you writer. stay on top of you moral highhorse then. You feel high and lofty to think you better and more moral than God, then good for you writer.
There is nothing moral about slavery. There is nothing moral about beating a slave to death, or selling your daughter into sexual slavery. Ever. It makes absolutely no difference what the culture was like thousands of years ago. At the very least, God's moral law is inconsistent and changes with human custom, if slavery was OK in the past but not now.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what context he said that in, but I don't agree with it. Of course absence of evidence is evidence of absence. It's not proof of absence, but it's certainly evidence.
For you exist not evidenc,nor absence

because absence didn't promise you to send evidence of HIS OWN ABSENCY for you

you are visible evidency of all denials of absency of His return but not around you nor your immoral cirle

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min sweets2360 730,290
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min 1890Petesaykekiss 117,812
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 15 min Hot hot 678
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min atemcowboy 537,129
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) 16 min FaceTime me 7
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Porkpie Hat 259,313
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min in nomines 225,661
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 172,955

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••