Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#478013 Jan 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
How can someone elses beliefs harm you personally.
[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8 And the result of such hate speech is predictable:

[3]“No, I don’t know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.”– George H. W. Bush

[4] From http://atheists.org/content/bigotry-worst-aga... :

Bigotry Worst Against Atheists - The Ultimate Outsiders? New Report Casts Atheists "Others" Beyond Morality And Community In America

March 25, 2006

"A new study ... has found that Americans perceive Atheists as the group least likely to embrace common values and a shared vision of society.

"Researchers concluded: "Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in 'sharing their vision of American society.' Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry."

"Disturbingly, Atheists are "seen as a threat to the American way of life by a large portion of the American public," despite being only 3% of the U.S. population. Edgell said that Atheists "play the role that Catholics, Jews and communists have played in the past" in that we provide "a symbolic moral boundary to membership in American society."

Don't you think that any of these beliefs hurt people personally?
lil whispers wrote:
Maybe it just simply a way to entertaining yourselves to condemn someone else.
That's what I was thinking.
lil whispers wrote:
People have followed God for way to long for it to every change
Actually, it's been changing for awhile. The Christian church is losing its influence over the lives of unbelievers.
lil whispers wrote:
When you really give it some thought no one has to answer to anyone for what they believe.
I don't care what you believe as much as I care about how it affects your behavior. Once the church no longer has any affect on the lives of unbelievers, most of us probably won't give it a second thought.

Fennario

#478014 Jan 18, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I find it interesting that in a sense, you've made science your god.
I don't have a god or a religion, and I don't worship anything.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Sorry you've had bad experiences with Christianity, but the Most High Creator never created religion, we did.
Yes, I know.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Yet what I find interesting about many atheists that I encounter is that they can be just as dogmatic, stubborn and religiously indoctrinated as many who are members of a religion.
Why is that interesting?
Counter_Strike wrote:
Science is suppose to be knowledge given to man to honor the Creator, instead man uses it to honor and glorify himself.
Man can be glorious. All you see have reported is the dark side.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I ask you to prove the mythological origins of the bible.
Have you read its creation story? That's a myth. So is the Great Flood. Archeologists say that there is no evidence for the Exodus or any battle of Jericho.

Fennario

#478015 Jan 18, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
No, but I'm listening...
(puzzled expression meaning no offence)
I answered that one for Drew at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

No offense taken. You'll notice that I only take offense at personal innuendo.

"Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People." – Eleanor Roosevelt

Fennario

#478016 Jan 18, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they fight that much here, I read it more as discussion/debate/sharing and learn a lot about Bible studies from them. You want in 'fighting', pop into the Christian forum. Vile, mostly.
<3
I just read Dr. Shrink and Counter_Strike in a little debate ... something about farting and urinating.

I really don't understand that.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#478017 Jan 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not Huh.
He's Wilderide.
And he cometh to us from the land of Frisco.
Wait a minute....
Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

?

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478018 Jan 18, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
agree old pal
you guys are far away from spreading such religious claims created by Andy and his rabbes,
his advises and demands doesn't put him in any spiritual position
God bless you old friend,
I do like your straight posted harsh truths
This is poor.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478019 Jan 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>I answered that one for Drew at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

No offense taken. You'll notice that I only take offense at personal innuendo.

"Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People." – Eleanor Roosevelt
I like that quote :)
Cheers for the link..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478020 Jan 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>I just read Dr. Shrink and Counter_Strike in a little debate ... something about farting and urinating.

I really don't understand that.
Yeah... I figure it's personal and stay out of it... I meant Bible discussions, lol..

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478021 Jan 18, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you worship nobody
only smell my farts
That is kinky and perverted. Why would you sit there imagining someone's sniffing your bodily odor?

Your sick Dr. Shrink.

Zionist Lionist.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478022 Jan 18, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
fart on your lies
just you idiot step down from mocking christians,
your brain is not able to accept reality you stupid
I never claim to be christian,
BUT YOU PROFF HOW OWN RELIGIOUS IS FANATICAL AND BLIND,NOT ACCEPTING SOMEONE OUTSIDE SPIRITUAL ORIENTATION,
You are worthy only
farts
wait for your friends if you got any to conversate with them,
I am not your friend
rather fart sent to you
Christianity on fine display.

CS.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478023 Jan 18, 2013
The Butcher wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious, on the dole?

Nuthin' ta do and all dat ta doos it?

;
"Curiosity killed the cat"
Various sources.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#478024 Jan 18, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is the absence of God, many have felt this.
Many have said that Gehenna is not for the dead but the living.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478025 Jan 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh is a person who posts on various threads, which are public and thus open to anyone. He has no obligation to identify himself to you further, and he can post whatever he wants.
IANS is also a person. Do you use the term "character" to besmirch his character?
You are not making a good personal impression.
Excuse me friend, I'm not here to impress anyone but I'm sorry you feel that way. That's a personal choice people make on a daily basis. I'm not here to make an impression. If I make friends, that's excellent, if people have an issue with me then that's too bad but that's just the way it is. I do understand that people can post whatever they want even if it infringes upon the rights of others expressing their faith or it disrespects others. Then it applies both ways, no one has to be nice to someone who decides to be mean. I try my best not to be mean but people go through an awful lot of trouble not to care about or for others, so at times my gloves are filled with spark plugs and rocks. I sincerely hope you're having a great day though.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#478026 Jan 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Many have said that Gehenna is not for the dead but the living.
True...

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478027 Jan 18, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
ask your rabbes
God of Abraham is same God of jew and slave from Egipt Hagar first wife of Abraham and her son Ishmael
if your rabbes are not haters of arabs( hebrews own brothers) they can help you
Why ancient Ezra book mostly describe G-D as simplify arabic name from Yahveh- to Allah
it is like holandish word "Jon" is in same pattern of language and race,in german "Hans" describing only ONE person
same with G-D personal name
anyways Bible shows a lot more G-D names not only Yahveh or in Quaran Allah
just spend to learn deeper Gods ways and understanding His infinte wonderful marvelous names
Well if this is your attempt at being respectful, then you've made a great start.

Now I still do not call Him "God" but I understand your point just the same. However get one thing straight. Not all Israel hate Arabs and you should also know that, that Hate runs both ways. Don't get it twisted.

CS.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#478028 Jan 18, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
In the USA white folk could sell themselves into slavery to pay of debts. Once the debt was payed they were free.
Blacks were owned forever.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#478029 Jan 18, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Amen, Christ did pretty much assign him ( peter ) the head Apostle in overall charge .....
When did Jesus say that ?

The "Peter - Rock" connection doesn't work in Aramaic. It is a Catholic Roman Primacy arguement based on a fraudulent and impossible premise.

Have a verse where Jesus actually says "Peter will be in charge after I am dead." ?

The only Gospel that names a sucsessor is Thomas and it say James and the Jerusalem Church were to be the leaders.

No wonder Constantine had it banned.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#478030 Jan 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wha language did Adam and Eve speak ? <smile>
LOL
Not sure, some may probably say Akkadian. I would guess it may have been Aramaic or Hebrew. However it also could be a more perfect and complete language (maybe even a heavenly one).

:)

Andrew (CS).

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#478031 Jan 18, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritual evidence? Is that anything like "spectral" evidence? You know--the kind of "evidence" used to convict twenty innocent residents of Salem of witchcraft?
<quoted text>
If you expect to be believed, you are required to offer reasons why you should be believed.
My faith in Jesus Christ is not primarily for you to believe me, its the conclusion of my spiritual journey. Now I can discuss on the billboard why I believe Jesus is God and why its in the best interest of others to worship Jesus as God. But if not think its in your best interest to worship Jesus as God, what that have to do with me writer?

Spiritual evidence only matters to me. I not one of those Christians that want to shove Jesus down anyone throat. as far as me, Jesus is God and I live my life and praise Jesus as God. That me. you say that not you, good luck.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#478032 Jan 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY?!
If you [know], and profess this as truth, then you are required to provide proof of this statement.
So let's have it!
Unless, of course, you are just blowing smoke up everyones azz here.
Or you are (as I suspect), deluded and irrational.
I'm not required to provide any proof. I not telling you you have to worship Jesus Christ. that my thing. and I no see no smoke blowing nowhere. all I see is a billboard with discussions. you see smoke on here? maybe is you deluded and irrational.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 3 min slurps1486 71
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 658,761
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Lonestar 70,940
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Huh 974,759
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 12 min Aussie Kev 3,037
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 14 min Buck Crick 206
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 39 min Plum6303 251
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Blink 282,997
More from around the web