|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monsieur Qu,
It was indeed very interesting and productive, in regards to Christian music as you know we are Catholic but we are ecumenistic. We enjoy hymns but are not fond of popular Christian music. In regards to your music if it is from the heart then it is good.
thanks... I was about to post a song before I saw this post... it's not hymnal so please don't be offended as I'm not sending in relation to your post. I love the hymnals also. Great is Thy Faithfulness is probaly the one of the most endearing hymnals to me.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I looked it up, thanks for the info. Qahal, from what I've just read means "assembly" or "congregation" do you concur with that?
Yep. A gathering of people. Synogogue is the Greek equivalent.

The modern Jewish Synogogues and Christian Churches are not exactly what the original terms meant.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening Q;
Better put on that leather vest,leather shaps,western hat and better take the bull whip and rope too.Cause the lucy in the sky with diamonds opened the cage and theses wild critters in here are on the lose again.lol lol.Hope you know how to ride too lol lol.
Good Evening LW, how are you doing? The song "rawhide" came to mind just reading what you have posted.. lol. "Rhinestone Cowboy" a close 2nd.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Qu,
You are welcome, in my opinion we should speak in English as the exchange of information shall be easier for the both of us.
No problem, Oui Madame...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Quin!
Did you put on your hip boots ? LOL
Hip boots, CBR gear, duct tape, plastic, Oxygen tank... anti-nerve agent just in case...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. A gathering of people. Synogogue is the Greek equivalent.
The modern Jewish Synogogues and Christian Churches are not exactly what the original terms meant.
In your view, where do you see the differences... between old and modern other than the obvious? Thanks.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Drew!
lol!
First I was shocked reading the posts comcerning me by that guy!
Then thinking you thought he was telling the truth-- I
was like, oh boy, here we go again!
I have learned a bitter lesson this week right here on this
thread.
I am saddened and a bit outraged- how easy it was for Q and this Dr. Shrink to throw out slander and lies about someone they do not agree with on topix..And to be fair- someone who does not agree w them..
If throwing out sexual insults and inuendos is how these fellas
believe an argument is won..well.. to me, that speaks volumes
concerning their character and their sexual preferences,
not mine.
Oh well, hope you have had a good day..
Wishing you the best Friday ever!
8166..love getting an ace!
Need a 7?
Wish Judy micah yourself and myself had gotten to play that
game of cribbage we all talked about..
*sigh*
Time marches on...
Good Morning... Le le, what is the 7th planet in our solar system?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Evening LW, how are you doing? The song "rawhide" came to mind just reading what you have posted.. lol. "Rhinestone Cowboy" a close 2nd.
lol I had more in mind of everyway but loose by Eddie Rabbit and clint eastwood with the monkey and the defense old gal sittin on the porch with a shotgun in that movie.A man needs his leather vest,shaps,bull whip and rope to handle that type of oreo situation.lol

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I had more in mind of everyway but loose by Eddie Rabbit and clint eastwood with the monkey and the defense old gal sittin on the porch with a shotgun in that movie.A man needs his leather vest,shaps,bull whip and rope to handle that type of oreo situation.lol
10-4...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Welp...going to head out, rest up and rejuvenate. I've been busy all day. Hope everyone has a good night's/morning's sleep and that your rest is sweet.

Ciao! Bonnoit? Audi....

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

The Son of God Music Ministry
The True Grace of God

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"...He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matthew 5:45

"Here With Me"

"I long for your embrace
Every single day
To meet you in this place
And see you face to face

Will you show me?
Reveal yourself to me
Because of your mercy
I fall down on my knees

And I can feel your presence here with me
Suddenly I'm lost within your beauty
Caught up in the wonder of your touch
Here in this moment I surrender to your love

You're everywhere I go
I am not alone
You call me as your own
To know you and be known

You are holy
And I fall down on my knees

I can feel your presence here with me
Here in this moment I surrender to your love

I SURRENDER TO YOUR GRACE!!!!!!!
I SURRENDER TO THE ONE who took my place

Here in this moment I surrender:

Here in this moment I surrender to your love"
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for myself, I would not believe in the existence of any claimed god until some objective evidence were presented. Otherwise, as you point out, all of them might exist. And there isn't enough time in the day to worship and follow all of them. Especially if most or none of them really exist anyway.
<quoted text>
The Bible says it's OK to beat a slave to death if the master so chooses, because they are property. But even aside from that, is there anything moral about enslaving someone against their will? If that isn't evil, then what is?
The bible is full of fakes, lies and so on! There is still slavery in our present!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God I pray that you take me out of my comfort zone. I pray that you break my heart to pieces for the poor and needy so that I will be driven beyond belief to look after them like you would. Father, forgive me for being so self centered. Forgive me for being all about me, myself and I. Forgive me for my sometimes stupid, ridiculous, religious opinions about absolute rubbish while people that you love and cherish suffer due to my inaction and selfish, consumer attitude. God forgive me and set me free from mammon and raise me up into a person of compassion and love like you are. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Prime time with God
There was never a god and there will never one be.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrink is lying Drew. As you can see he doesn't even realize that Le_le is a women. Shrink has been caught in so many lies in Topix that he can't even begin to keep them all straight.
God bless.
Sorry, Jesus is more than 2000 years dead. God never was!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
There are several here that have "beaten" me more and better than you ever could in your wildest dreams.
Some of them have become good friends.
There was never any god! Religions are just myths nothing else. In the worst religions are fakes!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a wife for him.
And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found a wife for him." Genesis 2:18-20
I think it is touching that Adam gave them pet names after screwing the animals.
Forget the bible. You should get to handle science, life is too short for mumpiz like religions.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Were you aware that your god ordered people to make slaves of other people?
Drew H wrote:
Citation, please.
"As for the male and female slaves whom you may have, it is from the nations around you that you may acquire male and female slaves." - Leviticus 25:44

One acquires people, sometimes by buying them, as above, but also sometimes by taking them as the spoils of war. Here's Jehovah commanding the enslavement of the lucky few who will not be smitten by his terrible swift sword:

"And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee." - Deuteronomy 20:13-14

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
The Son of Man indeed goeth as it is written of him;but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed; Good were it for that man if he never been born.
According to Christian theology, that's going to be true for most of the human race; "Good were it for that man if he never been born."

What fraction of the human race do you estimate will be saved, that is, worships Jehovah-Jesus and asks for forgiveness for sins from him? I've generally estimated that value at between 5% and 20%, since less than a third of the world calls themselves Christians, and many if not most of those are not what most Christians call "true Christians". I will use the value of 10% in the following analysis, which means that if you accept Christian theology at face value, most of humanity would be better off having never been created or born. Let's look at just how rotten a universe this would be if the bible were authentic:

Imagine that before you were born, you were given a choice to be born into any one of several possible universes, each created and ruled by a different god with different qualities and different rules from the others.

[1] In one universe Ė this universe, the one we actually know - the god ruling there will remain hidden from view. You will be born with reason, free will and a rebellious sin nature. There will be many false religions for you to choose from to make you suspicious of all religions, and the world will be seeded with deceptions like stratified fossils to trip you up, and a bible that is both contradicted by those clues, and which contradicts itself. Only a fraction will correctly guesses that this god exists and worship it - perhaps 10%("many are called, but few are chosen" - Matthew 22:14) will do so. The other 90% or so will be forced to remain conscious in an eternal torture chamber to suffer for no better reason than that it pleases that god to preserve them awake rather than to let them sleep.

[2] In another, the rules are the same as in the first universe, except that the god there makes himself plainly visible, and everybody manages not just to choose religion, but to choose the right religion, and in so doing, please him and earn eternal bliss praising him.

[3] In another, the rules are the same as in the first universe, except that after death, the deity allows the failures, still over 90+%, to return to the oblivion from which they came before birth. There is no torture after death.

[4] In another, itís just like [3] except that, based on a coin flip, half get bliss and half get oblivion.

[5] In another, they also flip a coin. Except that heads itís eternal bliss, tails itís eternal torture. You have no say.

[6] In another universe, one ruled by Satan, everybody goes to eternal torture. This is the worst universe imaginable. If you are born into this one, prepare to meet the monster that runs it.

You are asked to list the universes in order from your first choice to your last.

This isnít hard. Number [2] is first, then [4], then [3]. These offer decreasing chances of the prize with no risk of torture. Then [5], then [1], then [6], where the risk of torture increases from 50% to 100%.

By this reckoning, our actual universe is next to the worst of all of the possible worlds listed, making the Christian god almost as bad a god as there could be, just a notch above his under-lieutenant, Satan. This makes Jesus less than ten percent better than the worst imaginable monster god. Jesusí universe is almost as malevolent a universe as one run by Satan alone. What a horrible world we have been born into according to Christian dogma!

For about ninety percent of mankind, it would have been better never to have been born at all. Of all of the aborted fetuses, at least ninety percent were luckier than those of us who were born - assuming that aborted fetuses all go to heaven.
sidewith

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

if science was real how would life be too short??

Religions have hell..

if you don't believe anything happens you'd pretty much be immortal right there i mean we weren't made of anything in the first place..

so to go back to nothing.. wouldn't be a big deal..
sidewith

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I gotta tell you if I wasn't religious I wouldn't be afraid of death at all..

religion is what brings me a fear of death.. my religion.. bbrainwashing or not .. shapes a lot of my morals..

it doesn't shape them mbut it adds icing to the cake...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

376 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min BenAdam 720,210
Last Word + 2 4 min andet1987 22
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 5 min Ruby88 53,159
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min shyam 4,479
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 24 min derk 159
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min marge 532,440
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min Catcher1 172,267
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 256,381
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 8 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••