“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#477892 Jan 17, 2013
Welp...going to head out, rest up and rejuvenate. I've been busy all day. Hope everyone has a good night's/morning's sleep and that your rest is sweet.

Ciao! Bonnoit? Audi....

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#477893 Jan 17, 2013
The Son of God Music Ministry
The True Grace of God

"...He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matthew 5:45

"Here With Me"

"I long for your embrace
Every single day
To meet you in this place
And see you face to face

Will you show me?
Reveal yourself to me
Because of your mercy
I fall down on my knees

And I can feel your presence here with me
Suddenly I'm lost within your beauty
Caught up in the wonder of your touch
Here in this moment I surrender to your love

You're everywhere I go
I am not alone
You call me as your own
To know you and be known

You are holy
And I fall down on my knees

I can feel your presence here with me
Here in this moment I surrender to your love

I SURRENDER TO YOUR GRACE!!!!!!!
I SURRENDER TO THE ONE who took my place

Here in this moment I surrender:

Here in this moment I surrender to your love"
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#477894 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for myself, I would not believe in the existence of any claimed god until some objective evidence were presented. Otherwise, as you point out, all of them might exist. And there isn't enough time in the day to worship and follow all of them. Especially if most or none of them really exist anyway.
<quoted text>
The Bible says it's OK to beat a slave to death if the master so chooses, because they are property. But even aside from that, is there anything moral about enslaving someone against their will? If that isn't evil, then what is?
The bible is full of fakes, lies and so on! There is still slavery in our present!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#477895 Jan 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God I pray that you take me out of my comfort zone. I pray that you break my heart to pieces for the poor and needy so that I will be driven beyond belief to look after them like you would. Father, forgive me for being so self centered. Forgive me for being all about me, myself and I. Forgive me for my sometimes stupid, ridiculous, religious opinions about absolute rubbish while people that you love and cherish suffer due to my inaction and selfish, consumer attitude. God forgive me and set me free from mammon and raise me up into a person of compassion and love like you are. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Prime time with God
There was never a god and there will never one be.
Henry

Germany

#477896 Jan 18, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrink is lying Drew. As you can see he doesn't even realize that Le_le is a women. Shrink has been caught in so many lies in Topix that he can't even begin to keep them all straight.
God bless.
Sorry, Jesus is more than 2000 years dead. God never was!
Henry

Germany

#477897 Jan 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
There are several here that have "beaten" me more and better than you ever could in your wildest dreams.
Some of them have become good friends.
There was never any god! Religions are just myths nothing else. In the worst religions are fakes!
Henry

Germany

#477898 Jan 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a wife for him.
And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found a wife for him." Genesis 2:18-20
I think it is touching that Adam gave them pet names after screwing the animals.
Forget the bible. You should get to handle science, life is too short for mumpiz like religions.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477899 Jan 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Were you aware that your god ordered people to make slaves of other people?
Drew H wrote:
Citation, please.
"As for the male and female slaves whom you may have, it is from the nations around you that you may acquire male and female slaves." - Leviticus 25:44

One acquires people, sometimes by buying them, as above, but also sometimes by taking them as the spoils of war. Here's Jehovah commanding the enslavement of the lucky few who will not be smitten by his terrible swift sword:

"And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee." - Deuteronomy 20:13-14

Fennario

#477900 Jan 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
The Son of Man indeed goeth as it is written of him;but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed; Good were it for that man if he never been born.
According to Christian theology, that's going to be true for most of the human race; "Good were it for that man if he never been born."

What fraction of the human race do you estimate will be saved, that is, worships Jehovah-Jesus and asks for forgiveness for sins from him? I've generally estimated that value at between 5% and 20%, since less than a third of the world calls themselves Christians, and many if not most of those are not what most Christians call "true Christians". I will use the value of 10% in the following analysis, which means that if you accept Christian theology at face value, most of humanity would be better off having never been created or born. Let's look at just how rotten a universe this would be if the bible were authentic:

Imagine that before you were born, you were given a choice to be born into any one of several possible universes, each created and ruled by a different god with different qualities and different rules from the others.

[1] In one universe Ė this universe, the one we actually know - the god ruling there will remain hidden from view. You will be born with reason, free will and a rebellious sin nature. There will be many false religions for you to choose from to make you suspicious of all religions, and the world will be seeded with deceptions like stratified fossils to trip you up, and a bible that is both contradicted by those clues, and which contradicts itself. Only a fraction will correctly guesses that this god exists and worship it - perhaps 10%("many are called, but few are chosen" - Matthew 22:14) will do so. The other 90% or so will be forced to remain conscious in an eternal torture chamber to suffer for no better reason than that it pleases that god to preserve them awake rather than to let them sleep.

[2] In another, the rules are the same as in the first universe, except that the god there makes himself plainly visible, and everybody manages not just to choose religion, but to choose the right religion, and in so doing, please him and earn eternal bliss praising him.

[3] In another, the rules are the same as in the first universe, except that after death, the deity allows the failures, still over 90+%, to return to the oblivion from which they came before birth. There is no torture after death.

[4] In another, itís just like [3] except that, based on a coin flip, half get bliss and half get oblivion.

[5] In another, they also flip a coin. Except that heads itís eternal bliss, tails itís eternal torture. You have no say.

[6] In another universe, one ruled by Satan, everybody goes to eternal torture. This is the worst universe imaginable. If you are born into this one, prepare to meet the monster that runs it.

You are asked to list the universes in order from your first choice to your last.

This isnít hard. Number [2] is first, then [4], then [3]. These offer decreasing chances of the prize with no risk of torture. Then [5], then [1], then [6], where the risk of torture increases from 50% to 100%.

By this reckoning, our actual universe is next to the worst of all of the possible worlds listed, making the Christian god almost as bad a god as there could be, just a notch above his under-lieutenant, Satan. This makes Jesus less than ten percent better than the worst imaginable monster god. Jesusí universe is almost as malevolent a universe as one run by Satan alone. What a horrible world we have been born into according to Christian dogma!

For about ninety percent of mankind, it would have been better never to have been born at all. Of all of the aborted fetuses, at least ninety percent were luckier than those of us who were born - assuming that aborted fetuses all go to heaven.
sidewith

Voorhees, NJ

#477901 Jan 18, 2013
if science was real how would life be too short??

Religions have hell..

if you don't believe anything happens you'd pretty much be immortal right there i mean we weren't made of anything in the first place..

so to go back to nothing.. wouldn't be a big deal..
sidewith

Voorhees, NJ

#477902 Jan 18, 2013
I gotta tell you if I wasn't religious I wouldn't be afraid of death at all..

religion is what brings me a fear of death.. my religion.. bbrainwashing or not .. shapes a lot of my morals..

it doesn't shape them mbut it adds icing to the cake...

Fennario

#477903 Jan 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I no think slavery on those days is like slavery you thinking about. you thinking about slavery in america, that not the kind of slavery that was going on in bible days.
That was the happy kind of slavery in the bible, right?

How about biblical genocide? Was that the same kind as today?

Fennario

#477904 Jan 18, 2013
Were you aware that your god ordered people to make slaves of other people?
trifecta1 wrote:
in war yes. God give Israel victory plenty of times over other lands and people.
I'm surprised that you knew this and agreed. Good for you!

Fennario

#477905 Jan 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
The Jews reject Jesus as Messiah over 2000yrs ago, and now you want to beat a dead horse with that argument?
The horse isn't dead yet.
trifecta1 wrote:
you been making excuses for you rebellion and stubbornness since you come here.
And both of us are rebelling against Allah. Do you care? I don't.
trifecta1 wrote:
bible clear gentiles not need to do most of the OT laws.
Actually, your bible is ambiguous there, not "clear," as I have shown you twice. You choose to rectify the contradiction by ignoring one of the two conflicting scripture, just as other Christians, notably the Dominionists, choose the opposite scripture and ignore the one you prefer.

Fennario

#477906 Jan 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
But bible clear gentiles not need to do most of the OT laws. Here even more verse for you.
Acts:
9On the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray.10But he became hungry and was desiring to eat; but while they were making preparations, he fell into a trance;11and he saw the sky opened up, and an object like a great sheet coming down, lowered by four corners to the ground,12and there were in it all kinds of four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air.13A voice came to him,ďGet up, Peter, kill and eat!Ē14But Peter said,ďBy no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.Ē15Again a voice came to him a second time,ďWhat God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.Ē16This happened three times, and immediately the object was taken up into the sky.
"A voice came to him"? If so, it contradicted this voice:

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matt. 5:18-19

Is that what you meant by "clear"?

Fennario

#477907 Jan 18, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Yes, you're possibly right. Everyone and their grandmother would probably make a better gods than the several listed in the bible. here is where you fall off the pace and need to catch the wagon; The One you're probably directing your words at is NOT a god or God (whichever way you want to write it). He is The Almighty, Yahweh Elohiym. The One who Is, Was and Forever shall be Eternal Father, Mighty Ruler, Ancient of Days, Most High Creator, King of kings and Shar of shars.
Shar of shars, you say? My bad. I thought that Jehovah was a god.
Counter_Strike wrote:
We are flawed emotional beings prone to err, lust and greed.
And there's that pessimism and misanthropy - so much emphasis on the failure of mankind.

Did you know that some people are prone to genius, integrity, courage and compassion? Seriously. There are some.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Man within his own heart is unrighteous, that's why even in our thoughts and in our speech here on Topix we rebel against The Most High....just as you're doing right now.
Unrighteous, huh? There's that word "rebel" again.
Counter_Strike wrote:
For a smart feller such as yourself you seem to need an awful lot of things broken down and spelt out for you.
Then this is my lucky day. I have you to straighten it all out. Shar of shars, huh?

Fennario

#477908 Jan 18, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Yes, it is simple, you are argumentative which may lead to frustration, then outrage then conflict.
When will that be? I've been this way most of my life.

Incidentally, have you noted any frustration, outrage or conflict in those that accede to your dogma, or is that limited to rebellious people like me?

I hear your message. I'm too argumentative, and too rebellious. In one word, your message is this: submit.

Counter_Strike wrote:
All your standards aside you of your own accord just like the rest of us are wicked, much like stubble fit for the fire. One day we're here, the next we blow away like chaff in the wind. Even if others don't need saving from us, we certainly need saving from ourselves. All you have to do is look at the history of man and see the violent and barbaric creatures we are. We own nothing here.
What a beautiful philosophy you have embraced! So upbeat and constructive. It's an inspriration to me.
Counter_Strike wrote:
You would probably shoot the man out of your cherry tree if he was hungry and came to pick and eat all because he's trespassing.
I think that you're projecting.
Counter_Strike wrote:
if given the chance, you would quit your job as any kind of "god" within the first hour or two.
That's a bizarre thing to post.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#477909 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
According to Christian theology, that's going to be true for most of the human race; "Good were it for that man if he never been born."
What fraction of the human race do you estimate will be saved, that is, worships Jehovah-Jesus and asks for forgiveness for sins from him? I've generally estimated that value at between 5% and 20%, since less than a third of the world calls themselves Christians, and many if not most of those are not what most Christians call "true Christians". I will use the value of 10% in the following analysis, which means that if you accept Christian theology at face value, most of humanity would be better off having never been created or born. Let's look at just how rotten a universe this would be if the bible were authentic:
Imagine that before you were born, you were given a choice to be born into any one of several possible universes, each created and ruled by a different god with different qualities and different rules from the others.
[1] In one universe Ė this universe, the one we actually know - the god ruling there will remain hidden from view. You will be born with reason, free will and a rebellious sin nature. There will be many false religions for you to choose from to make you suspicious of all religions, and the world will be seeded with deceptions like stratified fossils to trip you up, and a bible that is both contradicted by those clues, and which contradicts itself. Only a fraction will correctly guesses that this god exists and worship it - perhaps 10%("many are called, but few are chosen" - Matthew 22:14) will do so. The other 90% or so will be forced to remain conscious in an eternal torture chamber to suffer for no better reason than that it pleases that god to preserve them awake rather than to let them sleep.
[2] In another, the rules are the same as in the first universe, except that the god there makes himself plainly visible, and everybody manages not just to choose religion, but to choose the right religion, and in so doing, please him and earn eternal bliss praising him.
[3] In another, the rules are the same as in the first universe, except that after death, the deity allows the failures, still over 90+%, to return to the oblivion from which they came before birth. There is no torture after death.
[4] In another, itís just like [3] except that, based on a coin flip, half get bliss and half get oblivion.
[5] In another, they also flip a coin. Except that heads itís eternal bliss, tails itís eternal torture. You have no say.
[6] In another universe, one ruled by Satan, everybody goes to eternal torture. This is the worst universe imaginable. If you are born into this one, prepare to meet the monster that runs it.
You are asked to list the universes in order from your first choice to your last.
This isnít hard. Number [2] is first, then [4], then [3]. These offer decreasing chances of the prize with no risk of torture. Then [5], then [1], then [6], where the risk of torture increases from 50% to 100%.
By this reckoning, our actual universe is next to the worst of all of the possible worlds listed, making the Christian god almost as bad a god as there could be, just a notch above his under-lieutenant, Satan. This makes Jesus less than ten percent better than the worst imaginable monster god. Jesusí universe is almost as malevolent a universe as one run by Satan alone. What a horrible world we have been born into according to Christian dogma!
For about ninety percent of mankind, it would have been better never to have been born at all. Of all of the aborted fetuses, at least ninety percent were luckier than those of us who were born - assuming that aborted fetuses all go to heaven.
I have a question what type of religion are you trying to promote here on this thread????

Fennario

#477910 Jan 18, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
We human beings certainly don't create but we seem to take pleasure in destroying.
Think how inspirational that would be embroidered into a pillow for the sofa.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Mankind's main purpose is to worship or serve The Most High Yahweh (barack be He)
Then you would advise me to submit just like you, right?
Counter_Strike wrote:
Man in his very nature is destructive, covetous and lustful.
I see another potential throw pillow apophthegm possibility here. Or maybe refrigerator magnets.
Counter_Strike wrote:
We are like locusts, only worse.
This is the most beautiful one yet.
Counter_Strike wrote:
We are fortunate and barack (blessed) to be seen as worthy enough of salvation by the Creator.
What a prince. Or shar.

This psychology reminds me of a dog that has been beaten into submission, and now considers itself born to whacked by the rolled up magazine, and blessed on the days that it isn't.
Counter_Strike wrote:
his love supercedes the emotional wreckage type of love that we have, which usually ends up being lust, evny and covetousness
That might be a tight squeeze on a pillow.
Counter_Strike wrote:
their acursed disease called sin.
That's a more reasonable size for a pillow.

Seriously, dude - The world you see depends on what glasses you have been fitted with. I have no interest in inhabiting your world with you. You see a world of failure, death, disease, strife and the like. I live in a beautiful world, where people are mostly friendly and trying to do good.

Fennario

#477911 Jan 18, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Because your flaws are highlighted, singled out and made known as abominable such as the gay, pagans, demon lovers, bestial sex practitioners, you feel hard done and downright agry that whatever debase practice you enjoy so deeply is called debauchery, profane and a sin.
Look at how you post. I think that we all have an interest in seeing fewer people trained to think like you do.
Counter_Strike wrote:
You see, one [crucified criminal] recognized who the Savior, was respectful in His presence and wanted to be with Him in paradise. The other was rebellious, disrespectful and not being very accountable for his sin.
I'm guessing that you're advising me to submit again, right? You understand, do you not, that that is your cardinal message here - submit, you wretched scum - not love or whatever else you might claim.
Counter_Strike wrote:
People find various excuses even under teh kitchen sink to justify their wrongs or their sinful deeds and thoughts.
I feel like breaking into song:

"Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? Just like me, they long to be close to you."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min ChristineM 228,509
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min AussieBobby 260,117
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min Johnny 3,343
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min It aint necessari... 743,262
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Lyndi 174,178
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 52 min KayMarie 544,818
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 95,739

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE