“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#477609 Jan 17, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
God is imaginary but it never existed! Stay with science and be real!
Does science explain everything? How do YOU explain the unexplainable?

What do you see when you look at the computer screen? Better question: HOW do you see when you look at the comptuer screen?
No, I don't want you to explain rods and cones to me, but rather HOW it all came about that we can see....among other things.

Where did the first humans come from? Did they start out as babies and grow into adults to make more babies? How could that happen when it takes already sexually mature people to make those first babies?

Or do you think we used to be apes and "evolved" into humans? Then why are there still apes? And where did THEY come from?

How do you explain a dream where Jesus comes to someone in their sleep with, shall I say a "warning" about something....and then a short time later danger comes knocking, but since that person had been warned about it, they recognize it as something to avoid?

How do you explain two people mourning the loss of their beloved dog, when at the very same time both people hear that dog bark twice in the kitchen....a few days after it's death?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#477610 Jan 17, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I derogate myself? When my time comes I will like every human being die and that`s it!
Yes, your body will die and that's it. What happens to the soul when that happens? Nobody here knows for sure. We can speculate and guess and have faith, but we don't KNOW. Neither do you.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#477611 Jan 17, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't think you could prove to me that it was in the BIBLE.
You can't prove ANYTHING you say to be the truth. Idiotic
"And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a wife for him.
And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found a wife for him." Genesis 2:18-20

I think it is touching that Adam gave them pet names after screwing the animals.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#477612 Jan 17, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-gfk-p oll-rage-over-conn-tragedy-top s-001320232.html I don't believe it,and I disagree. As evil and horrific as the Sandy Hook incident was,it does NOT top having wahabi-terrorists slam two hijacked jumbo jets into two 110 story buildins at 500 mph,having people jumping from the tops floors,and having those two buildings fall and kill thousands of people. Don't give Adam Lanza more credit for his evil acts of wickedness than he deserves.
So you consider a Muslim terrorist worse than a Catholic mass murderer of little children.

Whodathunkit

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477613 Jan 17, 2013
Henry wrote:
No he (she, it) is not helpless, because astonishingly is not existing! So get off this myth like religions!
Thanks for the heads up, Henry. I think maybe you could use a program to distinguish the players.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#477614 Jan 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Are you going to let unbelievers show you up in bible knowledge?
"And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money." - Exodus 21:20-21
Who says that your god isn't just, loving, and moral? It's only OK to beat a slave to death if he lingers for a day or two before dying.
is because you bible illiterate because you think that. you just like most of the unlearned and oblivious people on here that write the bible but no know what it mean.

the verse mean if the owner beat his slave and he die the same day the owner will be be punished. if the slave not die the same time but a few days later that mean the owner never mean to kill the slave, it was an accident, and when the slave die the loss of the asset or the money in the slave is loss enough for the owner.

so either way the owner suffer loss. the bible no give permission for the slave owner to commit murder, is the rebellion and evil inside of you let you think that.

God is love loving and moral, that God is Jesus. just because you never experience that, that your problem writer. Keep looking for the verses in the bible that make you cling to you God "Reason".

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#477615 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Even if that were true, you couldn't know it. Even if you have guessed correctly, it's still a guess.
I would offer you the same advice I just gave Counter_Strike. Don't tell a skeptic that you know for certain what the skeptic already realizes that you cannot know.
Here's a little anecdote from this week. I played in a charity fundraiser trivia contest Tuesday. It was an eight man team, and I was the captain. We all wrote our answers down to each question with an indication of one of three degrees of certainty: absolutely certain, fairly sure, and a vague sense of being correct.
On two questions, Matt contradicted three of us, and claimed to be absolutely certain. Twice I deferred to him, and twice he was the only one of us that was right.
Liette did the same thing regarding which candy was available in the nineteenth century. We were torn between Tootsie Rolls and Life Savers. Liette insisted that it was Life Savers. My wife thought that they were a result of the sinking of the Titanic, which was 1912. So did I. But Liette was certain, and so we went with Life Savers. It was Tootsie Rolls, which came out in 1896. Live Savers were introduced sixteen years later in 1912, just after the Titanic sunk.
Liette is a sweet lady, but we never listened to her again. She discredited herself by claiming to have certain knowledge about something that she was wrong about. And she almost cost us the tournament. Incidentally, we tied for first and won on a tiebreaker.
And that is the kind of assessment that we all make about one another all of the time. As soon as you tell me that you know something that I realize you can't possibly know, you have to go sit with Liette. You don't want to discredit yourself like that.
???
This is Spam. you not respond to my writing, you want to go on you own soapbox.

Incidentally, I KNOW, hell is real.
I not guessing.

it may make you feel warm and cuddly to believe I guessing because you no want to think about that where you going when you die. So you come on here to try and get me to soothe your conscience by telling me I not know, I only guessing.

Well I know writer, that hell real. Anyone doubt what Jesus say, is a fake Christian and a fake Jesus follower. Jesus said it, its gospel truth. so no come to me for relief for you conscience. if you believe Jesus is myth, believe it. but if you even have a tinge of doubt about you god [reason], you won't feel anymore secure about you god discussing with me.
EmpAtheist

Ann Arbor, MI

#477616 Jan 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>is because you bible illiterate because you think that. you just like most of the unlearned and oblivious people on here that write the bible but no know what it mean.
the verse mean if the owner beat his slave and he die the same day the owner will be be punished. if the slave not die the same time but a few days later that mean the owner never mean to kill the slave, it was an accident, and when the slave die the loss of the asset or the money in the slave is loss enough for the owner.
so either way the owner suffer loss. the bible no give permission for the slave owner to commit murder, is the rebellion and evil inside of you let you think that.
God is love loving and moral, that God is Jesus. just because you never experience that, that your problem writer. Keep looking for the verses in the bible that make you cling to you God "Reason".
All this explaining and somehow its ok to own a slave and beat him half to death.... by accident?! Wow

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#477617 Jan 17, 2013
God Bless you with hearts to hear His promptings <3 (((((Everybody))))))

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#477618 Jan 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>???
This is Spam. you not respond to my writing, you want to go on you own soapbox.
Incidentally, I KNOW, hell is real.
I not guessing.
it may make you feel warm and cuddly to believe I guessing because you no want to think about that where you going when you die. So you come on here to try and get me to soothe your conscience by telling me I not know, I only guessing.
Well I know writer, that hell real. Anyone doubt what Jesus say, is a fake Christian and a fake Jesus follower. Jesus said it, its gospel truth. so no come to me for relief for you conscience. if you believe Jesus is myth, believe it. but if you even have a tinge of doubt about you god [reason], you won't feel anymore secure about you god discussing with me.
Please explain why you think you know...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#477619 Jan 17, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
All this explaining and somehow its ok to own a slave and beat him half to death.... by accident?! Wow
you can stay on you high horse and you moralist hypocrisy 2013 writer. why you no back and try live 1500bc or 2000bc and see if you can stay on you high horse.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#477620 Jan 17, 2013
Gooooood Morning Everyone...

:O)

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#477621 Jan 17, 2013
REVELATION Study

I. Rev 1:11 Part 7 (bridged with Rev 2:10)

"Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, SMYRNA..."

Rev 1______/TTTTTTTTTTTTT\______Re v 2

II. Lord Jesus: "DO NOT BE AFRAID of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life."
Revelation 2:10

A. Do Not Be Afraid - Because I'm on a tight schedule this morning... I won't be able to go into all of this as I would like (but maybe unto later)... but here is Smyrna, a suffering church who receives praise from Jesus. They remained faithful to Christ even though they were despised but here again they are bombarded with another trial! Why would the Lord allow this to happen?

1. First of all, Rome looked favorably towards Smyrna but the Christians would refuse to worship at the Emperor's bust (statue). So the Christians were going to be tried and put in prision for going against the dictates of that city and the empire at-large. 20/20 hindsight that would seem silly to be put in prison over but to Rome that was a big deal.

2. Apostle Peter gives us a reason for the trials: "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.

...These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls." I Peter 1:6-9

a. Trials come to strengthen our faith and to separate the faithless.

Gotta go... but Lordwilling can explain more later. God bless.

Continued..>>>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#477622 Jan 17, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Lady you have no idea of what you are talking about, you come to this brand new accusing someone of "hating women", if I was like the taliban I would have threatened to blow you in your house or car or cut off one of your ears, and your vulgar tongue that you ended your post not only speaks volumes about you, but for your friend Gracie as well that she would refer to you as her friend.
Kate must have gotten tired christian bashing on WINLAC.

You are all in for an 'experience'.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#477623 Jan 17, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain why you think you know...
nothing to explain, it quite simple. not only is there enough history for me to know Jesus exist, but that he say everything in the bible and do everything in bible. even science people like archeologists and history say no reason to doubt anything in the bible after 900bc. so I know jesus real. and then I have my own spiritual journey that give me confidence jesus real. plus my own reading of the bible confirm to me jesus real.

so is no secret or no great revelation how I know. I can't help you because you don't know. I like to discuss on billboard that what I here to do. you must know why you here.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477624 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
when I think about the amazing thing which is the Universe, whatever is responsible for it is freaking awesome!
That is the authentic spiritual experience: a sense of connection to ones world, a sense of awe about its magnificence, a sense of mystery about its origin and essential nature, and a sense of gratitude for being allowed to participate in it even if only for a heartbeat.

People that are taught to loathe or distrust science, and who because of that know little to nothing about their world are deprived of the possibility of that experience.

Anyone who has not seen philhellene's wonderful "Science Saved My Soul" might consider investing eight minutes on this YouTube.

"But you’ve got to have the knowledge. Seeing is only half of it. That night three years ago [looking at the stars], I knew a small part of what’s out there—the kinds of things, the scale of things, the age of things, the violence and destruction, appalling energy, hopeless gravity, and the despair of distance — but I feel safe, because I know my world is protected by the very distance that others fear. It’s like the universe screams in your face,“Do you know what I am? How grand I am? How old I am? Can you even comprehend what I am? What are you, compared to me?” And when you know enough science, you can just smile up at the universe and reply,“Dude, I am you.”"

"To even partially comprehend the scale of a single galaxy is to almost disappear. And when you remember all the other galaxies, you shrink 100 billion times smaller still. But then you remember what you are. The same facts that made you feel so insignificant also tell you how you got here. It’s like you become more real, or maybe the universe becomes more real. You suddenly fit. You suddenly belong. You do not have to bow down. You do not have to look away. In such moments, all you have to do is remember to keep breathing."

"The body of a newborn baby is as old as the cosmos. The form is new and unique, but the materials are 13.7 billion years old, processed by nuclear fusion in stars, fashioned by electromagnetism. Cold words for amazing processes. And that baby was you. Is you. You’re amazing. Not only alive, but with a mind ... When I compare what scientific knowledge has done for me and what religion tried to do to me, I sometimes literally shiver."

==========

How can you have that experience with a scientifically empty head bowed in prayer, eyes closed, and attention diverted to a time and place that you may never see while chattering to a god that may not exist?

I've alluded to the economic cost of American scientific illiteracy, which I attribute in large part to the church struggling to survive in a world that lays bare the mythological origin of its bible.

And I've alluded to the potentially devastating affect of a people in a democratic society rendered distrustful of scientists. From earlier this week : "NASA Finds Long-Term Climate Warming Trend "
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...

A spiritual poverty of sorts is the third major cost of this pernicious antiscientism, which itself is just part of a larger message that effectively divorces man from his essential nature and his world:

[1] "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. But because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." - John 15:19

[2] "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26

[3]“We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand”- James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Reagan and zealous Christian

I find all of that disheartening and threatening.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#477625 Jan 17, 2013
I see Kate brought her sockpuppet, Huh, woth her to crap on this thread.

Get your hip boots on folks, it is going to get deep.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#477626 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
That is the authentic spiritual experience: a sense of connection to ones world, a sense of awe about its magnificence, a sense of mystery about its origin and essential nature, and a sense of gratitude for being allowed to participate in it even if only for a heartbeat.
People that are taught to loathe or distrust science, and who because of that know little to nothing about their world are deprived of the possibility of that experience.
Anyone who has not seen philhellene's wonderful "Science Saved My Soul" might consider investing eight minutes on this YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =H9Zb3-15gtcXX
"But you’ve got to have the knowledge. Seeing is only half of it. That night three years ago [looking at the stars], I knew a small part of what’s out there—the kinds of things, the scale of things, the age of things, the violence and destruction, appalling energy, hopeless gravity, and the despair of distance — but I feel safe, because I know my world is protected by the very distance that others fear. It’s like the universe screams in your face,“Do you know what I am? How grand I am? How old I am? Can you even comprehend what I am? What are you, compared to me?” And when you know enough science, you can just smile up at the universe and reply,“Dude, I am you.”"
"To even partially comprehend the scale of a single galaxy is to almost disappear. And when you remember all the other galaxies, you shrink 100 billion times smaller still. But then you remember what you are. The same facts that made you feel so insignificant also tell you how you got here. It’s like you become more real, or maybe the universe becomes more real. You suddenly fit. You suddenly belong. You do not have to bow down. You do not have to look away. In such moments, all you have to do is remember to keep breathing."
"The body of a newborn baby is as old as the cosmos. The form is new and unique, but the materials are 13.7 billion years old, processed by nuclear fusion in stars, fashioned by electromagnetism. Cold words for amazing processes. And that baby was you. Is you. You’re amazing. Not only alive, but with a mind ... When I compare what scientific knowledge has done for me and what religion tried to do to me, I sometimes literally shiver."
==========
How can you have that experience with a scientifically empty head bowed in prayer, eyes closed, and attention diverted to a time and place that you may never see while chattering to a god that may not exist?
I've alluded to the economic cost of American scientific illiteracy, which I attribute in large part to the church struggling to survive in a world that lays bare the mythological origin of its bible.
And I've alluded to the potentially devastating affect of a people in a democratic society rendered distrustful of scientists. From earlier this week : "NASA Finds Long-Term Climate Warming Trend "
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
A spiritual poverty of sorts is the third major cost of this pernicious antiscientism, which itself is just part of a larger message that effectively divorces man from his essential nature and his world:
[1] "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. But because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." - John 15:19
[2] "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26
[3]“We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand”- James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Reagan and zealous Christian
I find all of that disheartening and threatening.
so all this mean if you pray you can't be a scientists?? iyailol! you is funny writer!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#477627 Jan 17, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget that bible with all its fakes, lies and errors. Come to science, life is short!
Tis mankind who is turned into fake,lies and errors(loves sin)
What men of science know could sewed up in a gunny sack.
Tis mankind who makes his own life short and full of throns.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#477628 Jan 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>so all this mean if you pray you can't be a scientists?? iyailol! you is funny writer!
IANS is one of those guys that thinks science & religion are at war...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min nanoanomaly 837,954
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 589,854
'DON'T LISTEN TO SATAN!! 'Don't give up'!!!!!! 10 min The swamiji 2
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 15 min The swamiji 695
Do women think men with blue eyes are more attr... (Dec '08) 15 min Great 80
REAL Contemporary Instrumental Music!! 16 min Doctor REALITY 50
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min HipGnosis 176,875
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Mike thunkit 99,777
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 271,307
More from around the web