Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#477640 Jan 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, too. Thanks.
I've got something here that you may find amusing and even touching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...
I saved the link. i will ensure that I look at it when I leave work.

Hope you're having a great day so far. It is a beautiful morning.

Andrew (CS).

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#477641 Jan 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you stand for something corrupt and dysfunctional. It needs correcting. The moral lessons taught from that bible are abominable.
I know that many Christians reject such ideas, often by calling it old law. And that's good. To my knowledge, Jesus never abolished the old law. That was Paul.
Jesus taught in Matt. 5:18-19 that Old Testament law was still in effect:
"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
But Paul had a different idea in Romans 10:4:
"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for every one who believes."
Thank you, Paul.
<quoted text>
Yeah. We just saw some of that morality and love. You've learned your lesson well.
Well Paul and Jesus is right. Paul say you not need the law to be righteous, righteousness come from the grace of Jesus Christ not by keeping the law.

As far as Jesus, Jesus was talking about fulfilling the law. Jesus did fulfill the law, that reason He is messiah.

And Jesus was talking to a Jewish audience about the law. But this is what Bible and Jesus say about those not Jewish:

Matthew:
15But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; 16And charged them that they should not make him known: 17That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

18Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

19He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

20A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

21And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

And in Mark 7:24-30 Jesus healed a gentile woman.
----
So obviously the gentiles are to trust in Jesus. and obviously the gentiles can't do all that is in the law before Jesus because before Jesus most of the law in leviticus numbers and deuteronomy was for the Jews.

You still looking for excuse not to worship Jesus? but you have many "gods" and many "reasons" not to. haha

As far as what you think is moral in the bible, that your concern, I no care about that. You don't have to say you sorry about anything, I already tell you I not offended by nothing you write. so just write you say and that's it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477642 Jan 17, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
All this explaining and somehow its ok to own a slave and beat him half to death.... by accident?! Wow
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you can stay on you high horse and you moralist hypocrisy 2013 writer. why you no back and try live 1500bc or 2000bc and see if you can stay on you high horse.
I think that you've got this backwards. Christians have been telling the world how immoral unbelievers are since the days of the Old Testament. Let me remind you:

[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8

And the result has been devastating for us. Did you read the excerpt from the article I cited at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... ? It just never ends:

[3]“No, I don’t know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.”– George H. W. Bush

And you have the audacity to tell EmpAtheist to get off of his high horse for questioning such obviously decadent ethics? Where has your church been sitting for millennia?

We're simply trying to defend ourselves from your church's devastating hate speech. We're trying to right that wrong. And in part, we'll do so by challenging its claim to the moral high ground.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477643 Jan 17, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY do you think we care if we disappoint you? You say that to everyone but here is a "Newsflash"...I dont try to please men. Disobedience is UNBELIEF in JESUS CHRIST..Period. Of course WE cant save anybody BUT the Spirit in us CAN. Not from teaching religion as you have attempted but failed to do. Wonder why?
I am not teaching religion. Where do you see me mention a religion? Were the apostles a part of a religion? Yes, erroniously say Christianity. I tell you why you disappoint me, because I thought based on past posts that you would be someone who stood up from the truth, accept the truth and teach the truth and not be a coward and turn your back on it. I asked you nicely at the very beginning who was "Jesus Christ" and from the get go you failed to answer.

Why is this proving difficult for a seemingly smart person such as yourself Ms. Walker? Why do you wrestle with the truth? And you expect me to suffer you in bad mouthing everyone else who believs differently, like Lawest100, and Quin, and even maybe BLL and G-D yet stand up for deceiving hypocrites like Dr. Shrink, who has the understanding but fails to apply them in wisdom and in truth. No one here is perfect but it seems some of you just love to point out teh flaws in others. Right after you asked for us to keep it civil, you hypocritically lambasted Lawest, Quin and myself to RA who even worse is a hypocrite because he speaks of me to others like you but not to me directly.

Now that is poor.

Real poor and shabby.

You may not care about my disappointment, but if you were a decent human being, you would see that you can only disappoint someone who expected much from you.

Counter_Strike: As it is written....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477644 Jan 17, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
trifecta1 wrote:
so all this mean if you pray you can't be a scientists??
<whoosh!>

No. It doesn't mean that. Not even close.
trifecta1 wrote:
iyailol! you is funny writer!
This is an insight-free comment.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#477645 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Kate must have gotten tired christian bashing on WINLAC.

You are all in for an 'experience'.
Lol

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#477646 Jan 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I see Kate brought her sockpuppet, Huh, woth her to crap on this thread.

Get your hip boots on folks, it is going to get deep.
Huh is Kate's? You sure?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#477647 Jan 17, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not teaching religion.

I tell you why you disappoint me, because I thought based on past posts that you would be someone who stood up from the truth, accept the truth and teach the truth and not be a coward and turn your back on it.
What you fail to see Andy is that you're indeed teaching your religion, and trying as hard as you can to convince anyone that will listen that your religion is the truth. Your over blown won't allow you to see in yourself what so many in here see in you, and have told you as much. And that is that all you are Andy is a religious zealot that runs around in here claiming that you hold the truth (which in reality is nothing but your religion that you've convinced yourself is the truth). And if anyone dares to disagree with you Andy you talk down to them and are in shock that they aren't interested in your religion or anything you spew out in your religious zealot fervor that you put on display in here on a daily basis Andy.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#477648 Jan 17, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>The obvious difference in your scenerio is that Americans still have the identical shape and form of the British. Our arms did not grow longer, trunks didn't form on our faces, we didn't start walking on all fours, ect...

There are huge physical differences between humans and monkeys. If we evolved from them and it happened over so many years, why haven't fossils been found that show us the part in the middle, where we are a cross between the two and still transforming?

Sure, there is a place for science here, but to deny that which can't be proved or disproved either way is very close-minded. This earth and all the living creatures on it are simply amazing. To think that everything from trees, to birds whose feet fit perfectly around the branches, and reproduction of all living things, "just happened" from a cell eons ago is too shallow for me. There is SO MUCH we don't know. When you look up at the stars at night, do you ever wonder what, or who, else awaits us in the never-ending universe?

To be skeptical because you have no "proof" is one thing, but to say it's impossible with all that we don't know doesn't make sense.
I agree :)

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477649 Jan 17, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the third person that exercises his faith by praying the man will be okay while exercising that faith by administering to the fallen until professional assistance arrives or help is no longer needed? That is what I would probably do.
Thanks for asking.
Though this didn't answer my question whatsoever, that's ok. I still appreciate your response. I hope you're having a great day Drew.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#477650 Jan 17, 2013
*over blown "ego" in my last post to you Andy*
Huh

Garland, TX

#477651 Jan 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>no, if the slave die the same day is murder and the slave owner will be charged with murder. I don't have to invent anything, the bible say what it say. some like you just read the bible for accusation but not read it carefully. you read it carefully you would see the bible did not condone murder of a slave.
never say it moral to beat and they die days later. all bible say is if the slave die, the owner lose a very expensive asset. if it moral or not why you not go ask those that put people in slavery. God no tell anyone to do that, people do that on they own.
Using people as indentured assets is immoral, nitwit.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#477652 Jan 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>that no make any sense, what person faith have to do with study hard and work hard and be a great learner? lots of the scientists in history was catholic or christians. that why sometime I laugh how some of these unbelievers come to they conclusions.
True. I think they go hand in hand. God made us that way, to explore, reason and discover all the mysteries of the world. Our brains alone are a wonder we still don't know everything about. Scientist tend to use mice and rats to study brain patterns closest to a human's brain, yet some still think we evolved from monkeys...there are no absolutes when it comes to God or Science. It's subjective to opinion and everyone has one of those.
Brag on God!
<3

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477653 Jan 17, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you didn't study yeasterday your Bible
and verse of Jesus words was taken from your futule memory,posted here ,trying to deceive others about how zelous you are with Bible studies,and revelations only given to YOU
YOU ARE NOT BETTER THEN ALL THOSE PRETENDERS OF CHILDREN OF GOD
WHATE FAITH OF EACH ONE SERVE FOR THEM,THERE IS NOT YOUR REMANDS WHAT FAITH SUPPOSE TO BE,NOR YOUR FAKE SERMONS TEACHINGS ABOUT FAITH AND WHAT FAITH SUPPOSE TO BE
TRUE FAITH IS BASED ON THE TRUE LOVE,
TRUE AGAPE LOVE MANY TIMES CAN HURT OR DAMAGE ALL HIPOCRITIES AND LIARS ABUSING GODS LOVE AND FAITH FOR THIE OWN DEVILISH FAKEN
DOCTRINES
Please?get some spiritual education and not force your futule bamblings,
only simple can agree with you and your mind brightness of candle 0.05 Watt lumen
Ah...The Christian rebukes....

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477654 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that either, you just choose to believe it was. Big, big difference.
Huh?
From whence have you come?
Declare yourself.

The Count of Strikerville

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#477655 Jan 17, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Using people as indentured assets is immoral, nitwit.
easy for you to say that now. I don't think it would be so easy for you to say in 2000BC when very little technology was in use to do things. slavery wrong yes, but a lot of you unbelievers like to sit down in you air conditioned shelter typing on you apple computer and go make you lofty high horse judgement about the bible when you no have no idea what society and culture was like back then. it disgusting.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#477656 Jan 17, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
From whence have you come?
Declare yourself.
The Count of Strikerville
He's not Huh.

He's Wilderide.

And he cometh to us from the land of Frisco.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477657 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Even that is not defensible. The flood would never have been necessary had God created the world correctly in the first place. Furthermore, according to Christian ideology, the world is still flawed, so even that ham-handed reboot didn't work. Talk about bumbling. Not to mention that this makes the possibility of an omniscient deity impossible. Which would take away omnipotence too.
We have been through this already my highly learned yet very confused friend. I shall not seek to hop on this merry-go-round with you again. i would much prefer to tackle another matter with you. Reasoning this topic with a person who has hardened his heart from any believe at all possible that there is a Creator, and who will not entertain anyone's line of reasoning would be futile. That also makes sense. I do not believe in reasoning with someone when neither party cannot come to an understanding or come to the knowledge of something, that would be a waste of time. Therefore, choose another subject that we can discuss and let's take it from there.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#477658 Jan 17, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Using people as indentured assets is immoral, nitwit.
according to your crocked definition
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#477659 Jan 17, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...The Christian rebukes....
fart in return on your Lies

there sre nobody nor you to rebuke them of you

free lisyeners you csn find on the shoping malls

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min truth 667,942
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 39 min truth 7
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 58 min raj 37
Everyone is a fool 1 hr andet1987 5
Electing Donald Trump was a terrible mistake 1 hr andet1987 8
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,108
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr trifecta1 979,463
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Moron Wrangler 286,085
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 92,716
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web