Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#477513 Jan 16, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Go stick a shovel handle as far up your ass as you like.
Madame Seraphine,

I apologize for my good friend Kaito.

But that's Kaito.

Long Beach, CA

#477514 Jan 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Buona sera Kaitlin, italiano è una delle tante lingue che parlano io e la mia anima gemella. Se avete mai desiderato di condurre le nostre conversazioni in italiano non avrò alcun problema con questo, tutto ciò che ti fa comodo. Non ho alcun desiderio di fare qualsiasi unfortable di persona.
P.S.
È di origini italiane sono così? Io stesso sono un creolo.
Excuse me, but if I may butt in for just one brief comment.

The "alcun problema con questo (communicating in Italian)" is that other posters may not have a clue what you're talking about.

N'est ce pas?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#477515 Jan 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, I have studied under the Jesuits as a child growing up in the Garden District of New Orleans. They were good to me and my family, but goodness is something that in my opinion is something that must be discerned through their empathy and compassion. Their teachings to me were very thorough and yes they were strict although never with me lol!
Sak pase!

No offence,just know in certain areas their presence was not that welcome.

BTW, I know of what you speak, I was raised Catholic, 12+ yrs through their schools, ate with (food) priests and nuns...and found little mercy with The Sisters of Mercy("merciless" we used to call them). I no longer follow the liturgy but appreciate the depth of studies I received.

Pleasure ,za amin:)

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#477516 Jan 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Kaitlin as promised here is the quote:
Your sucess and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.
I like that. I'm going to steal--I mean,*borrow*!--that from you.

;)
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text> I and my soulmate prefer to search for the similarities in people as opposed to the differences. This is as has always been our way of things and it shall not change.
Are you sure you aren't a Buddhist or a Taoist?
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted textTell me, if you would be so kind of your personal beliefs and I also would like to know what you think of Catholocism? I am honored to address you and I look foward to hearing your response to my enquiries.
P.S.
Have you ever been to my native New Orleans?
My dad is a retired Master Gunnery Sergeant of the US Marine Corps, and my mom is a pediatrician and a practicing Strega (Italian Witch), who comes from eight generations of Strega. Her mother is originally from Tuscany, where she grew up in her family's tradition. I'm ninth generation.

I find Catholicism rather intersting. On the one hand, it was the Catholic Church that started the Spanish Inquisition and the Burning Times all over Europe, which caused the fiery deaths of thousands of innocent people; yet at the same time, the Catholic Church seems so Pagan because of its reverence for the Virgin Mary--who we Strega believe is yet another representation of the Mother Goddess. My nonna has a statuette of the Virgin Mary on her altar alongside a statuette of Venus, and one of the Goddess Diana.

I have never been to New Orleans. But it sounds like a fun place; jazz, the cuisine, the people...

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#477517 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I'd rather take a tire iron to their heads.
<quoted text>
I agree, one hundred percent! That's why I can't help questioning the validity of a religion that seems to believe that faith is more important than works.
<quoted text>
I like to believe that *informed* and *educated* opinions are more valid than those that are based merely on belief.
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
<quoted text>
I would *love* to continue corresponding! Building bridges is a lot more fun than burning them down.
Bonsoir Kaitlin in regards to the comment about the tire, violence solves nothing and in fact may exacerbate the situation at hand.

Questioning what one bliefs is a valid practice even my mentor Mother Theresa often did this although the letters were found after her death. Doubt is normal I believe and all people struggle with it. In the bible the doubt expressed is actually quite numerous and rampant. After the doubt however and after the questioning of the heart and mind I believe as I have stated each person should be free to live their lives as they see fit.

I would also love to continue to coorespond with you as well. My soulmate would be honored to meet you as well he is Francophone like me although he is more formal than I. He is originally from Martinique. We believe in the same things essentially and for the ones we do not we debate. We have known eachother for fourteen years and have been married for eleven.

I also believe in the power of science as well in fact there were many who were both. Blaise Pascal was one such person.

Location hidden

#477518 Jan 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Madame Seraphine,
But that's Kaito.
Bonsoir mon ami *Smiles* an apology is not necessary Kaitlin is entitled to her own opinions. I am not offended in the slightest.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#477519 Jan 16, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Drew!!
hello!
That poster isn't confused about anythig!!
That poster is trying to confuse others!!
Don't we all know by now this poster is a fraud??
Something set in here to discredit and malign others
who do not agree with combative christianity????
I am the Lele who was a gray boxer here from 2008.. I have never
changed..
You hopefully know this??
I know who you are Le le. I never doubted you. Too bad it's hard for people speak to each other respectfully without others trying to drive wedges and breed division. I reckon their bibles don't teach that.

Have a great night.

Location hidden

#477520 Jan 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "alcun problema con questo (communicating in Italian)" is that other posters may not have a clue what you're talking about.
N'est ce pas?
Bonsoir mon ami, I apologize profusely. In this case then English shall do unless someone states their preference to Sora or myself.

#477521 Jan 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
It pretty clear you have not.
Would you care to addresss this?

Genealogy of Jesus:

Matthew 1:1-16 Twenty-eight generations from King David to Jesus
Luke 3: 23-31 Forty-three generations from King David to Jesus

That's a discrepancy of fifteen generations, with NONE OF THE NAMES MATCHING EXCEPT FOR DAVID, JOSEPH AND JESUS. Are you going to tell me they are *both* accurate?

And *neither* genealogy is of Mary, either; otherwise, her name would have been mentioned. It is not. And even if it were, that's still a discrepancy of FIFTEEN GENERATIONS.

So, the bible proves itself to be a lie right there.

Or would you care to addresss these "last words" of jesus?

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, E’li, E’li, la’ma sa-bach’tha-ni? That is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
(Matthew 27: 46)

Which contradicts--

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
(John 19:30)

Which contradicts--

Luke 23:46–“And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said,‘Father, into thy hands I commit my Spirit.’ And having said this, he breathed his last.”

Again, the bible proves itself to be a lie.

Or are you going to use that same lame excuse of "You're not spiritually discerning and I am, because you don't believe and I do" that every other fundie uses?

Location hidden

#477522 Jan 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sak pase!
No offence,just know in certain areas their presence was not that welcome.
BTW, I know of what you speak, I was raised Catholic, 12+ yrs through their schools, ate with (food) priests and nuns...and found little mercy with The Sisters of Mercy("merciless" we used to call them). I no longer follow the liturgy but appreciate the depth of studies I received.
Pleasure ,za amin:)
Bonsoir Senecus. In certain areas in New Orleans they were not welcome either but they were not treated hostile just ignored. The nuns on the other hand did not like me because of the way I look, it sounds shallow but it is the truth. As stated it is not my place to judge but their actions are not concurrent with the teachings of love,justice and mercy. I mentioned before that people in power develop God complexes, especially in institutional seetings. Do you see my point? I however shall continue to let my light shine and hope that my words can make a difference to at least one person.

Long Beach, CA

#477523 Jan 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami *Smiles* an apology is not necessary Kaitlin is entitled to her own opinions. I am not offended in the slightest.
Yes.

And I'm pleased to see that each of you good people is establishing a friendship with another good people .

#477524 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Madame Seraphine,
But that's Kaito.
No, no, no, no, no, I wasn't saying that about *her*; I was saying that about the fundie!!

I'm getting to *like* Seraphine!

#477525 Jan 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Buona sera Kaitlin, italiano è una delle tante lingue che parlano io e la mia anima gemella. Se avete mai desiderato di condurre le nostre conversazioni in italiano non avrò alcun problema con questo, tutto ciò che ti fa comodo. Non ho alcun desiderio di fare qualsiasi unfortable di persona.
P.S.
L'inglese è bene, molto grazie.

My grandmother is originally from Tuscany; she came to the States when she was in her early 20s. She used to give me a lot of grief over not learning Italian sooner, but we get along fine now. With her getting older, I worry about her forgetting her English.

Long Beach, CA

#477526 Jan 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Senecus. In certain areas in New Orleans they were not welcome either but they were not treated hostile just ignored. The nuns on the other hand did not like me because of the way I look, it sounds shallow but it is the truth. As stated it is not my place to judge but their actions are not concurrent with the teachings of love,justice and mercy. I mentioned before that people in power develop God complexes, especially in institutional seetings. Do you see my point? I however shall continue to let my light shine and hope that my words can make a difference to at least one person.
Power does that to people.

#477527 Jan 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S.
It's refreshing to find someone who speaks Italian; it catches me a little off-guard, because I keep thinking no one speaks Italian in this country.

Long Beach, CA

#477528 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, no, no, no, no, I wasn't saying that about *her*; I was saying that about the fundie!!
I'm getting to *like* Seraphine!
And I like her too.

She's among the good, as Buck would say.

#477529 Jan 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
N'est ce pas?
That's the whole point; it's a secret code understood only by the initiated.

;)

Location hidden

#477530 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I like that. I'm going to steal--I mean,*borrow*!--that from you.
;)
<quoted text>
Are you sure you aren't a Buddhist or a Taoist?
<quoted text>
My dad is a retired Master Gunnery Sergeant of the US Marine Corps, and my mom is a pediatrician and a practicing Strega (Italian Witch), who comes from eight generations of Strega. Her mother is originally from Tuscany, where she grew up in her family's tradition. I'm ninth generation.
I find Catholicism rather intersting. On the one hand, it was the Catholic Church that started the Spanish Inquisition and the Burning Times all over Europe, which caused the fiery deaths of thousands of innocent people; yet at the same time, the Catholic Church seems so Pagan because of its reverence for the Virgin Mary--who we Strega believe is yet another representation of the Mother Goddess. My nonna has a statuette of the Virgin Mary on her altar alongside a statuette of Venus, and one of the Goddess Diana.
I have never been to New Orleans. But it sounds like a fun place; jazz, the cuisine, the people...
Bonsoir Kaitlin, I am happy that you like the quote. I live by this daily.

I am neither Buddhist nor Daoist but my soulmate and I are well traveled we have been through Africa,Europe,Latin America and through parts of Asia. Buddhism and Daoism speak of gentleness and softness overcoming force. I see the wisdom is this. They also speak of mercy and compassion. I believe these traits are universal. We lived amongst in our time amongst Hindus,Buddhists,Muslims,Wicca ns and atheists as well as agnostics. And we all learned from eachother as it should be consider the story of the Good Samaritan we all should be this way, this to me is what Christianity is simply.

My parents are from an old, New Orleans Creole family that date back to the Colonial period. My parents taught me everything I need to know in regards to human nature and people. They are antiquarians I am an art restorer and my soulmate is a linguist. There are still Strega in Italy to this day we have lived amongst them as well. They were surprised to know my husband cooks very well, we are internationalist in our outlook on life.

In regards to the evil perpetuated by Catholocism toward people of your spiritual path and for any other suffering caused I am sorry and saddened by this. They paractice the synchronization in Vodoun in Haiti and in New Orleans we had a neighbor who was a Priestess of Vodoun. It is a blend of Catholocism and native African beliefs.

New Orleans is a wonderful city and shall always be home to me.

Long Beach, CA

#477531 Jan 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S.
<quoted text>
That's the whole point; it's a secret code understood only by the initiated.
;)
Well, I'm semi-initiated in Italian and I speak Spanish, which helps. So if you don't want me to break the code, use big words. Accidenti!

Long Beach, CA

#477533 Jan 16, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Kaitlin, I am happy that you like the quote. I live by this daily.
I am neither Buddhist nor Daoist but my soulmate and I are well traveled we have been through Africa,Europe,Latin America and through parts of Asia. Buddhism and Daoism speak of gentleness and softness overcoming force. I see the wisdom is this. They also speak of mercy and compassion. I believe these traits are universal. We lived amongst in our time amongst Hindus,Buddhists,Muslims,Wicca ns and atheists as well as agnostics. And we all learned from eachother as it should be consider the story of the Good Samaritan we all should be this way, this to me is what Christianity is simply.
My parents are from an old, New Orleans Creole family that date back to the Colonial period. My parents taught me everything I need to know in regards to human nature and people. They are antiquarians I am an art restorer and my soulmate is a linguist. There are still Strega in Italy to this day we have lived amongst them as well. They were surprised to know my husband cooks very well, we are internationalist in our outlook on life.
In regards to the evil perpetuated by Catholocism toward people of your spiritual path and for any other suffering caused I am sorry and saddened by this. They paractice the synchronization in Vodoun in Haiti and in New Orleans we had a neighbor who was a Priestess of Vodoun. It is a blend of Catholocism and native African beliefs.
New Orleans is a wonderful city and shall always be home to me.
Thank you for this, madame.

Very touching; very human.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Dave Nelson 775,573
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 min Classic 1,902
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 6 min Al Capone 5,111
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Dr_Zorderz 265,174
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min June VanDerMark 559,626
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 34 min Clear Dharma 35
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 40 min Lyndi 175,682
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Blk Thndr 441,784
More from around the web