Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Huh

Bedford, TX

#477345 Jan 16, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the most ironic thing of all is they keep saying that those of us that know that we are saved
Hmmm, saved from the same being you claim is saving you. Interesting. La Casa Nostra theology. I'm making youse an offer you can't refuse. Believe or burn. Now, where is my protection money.

It's 2013 and you clowns still believe this Midievel crap. Weird.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#477346 Jan 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently it would seem that you don't know that this world was intelligently Created.
You don't know that either, you just choose to believe it was. Big, big difference.

San Francisco

#477347 Jan 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said He always does good, I say He always does what's RIGHT. Big difference. Good and Right aren't necessarily one in the same. He is Righteous.
Even that is not defensible. The flood would never have been necessary had God created the world correctly in the first place. Furthermore, according to Christian ideology, the world is still flawed, so even that ham-handed reboot didn't work. Talk about bumbling. Not to mention that this makes the possibility of an omniscient deity impossible. Which would take away omnipotence too.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477348 Jan 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Apparently it would seem that you don't know that this world was intelligently Created.
Neither do you.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Is it that you didn't see what I was saying or that you won't see what I was saying?
There is nothing that I won't see if presented plainly and reasonably.
Counter_Strike wrote:
It makes it a lot easier for someone to understand what is written when they don't prejudge what they believe they are reading.
I would agree. Why tell me?

Please try to be explicit and say what it is that you think in simple declarative sentences rather than expecting me to deduce it.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#477349 Jan 16, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
America was 'founded' by use of the firearm.
Eidmyou know Catholics were forbidden from owning firearms in Colonial days?

Did you know Christians escaped persecution in Europe, from other Christians, only to continue to persecute and murder each other here?

Did you know the NRA has supported various gun control measures throughout their history?

Did you know that the NRA was committed to gun-control laws for most of the 20th century—helping to write most of the federal laws restricting gun use until the 1980s?

Did you know that before the 1970s that the NRA was not interested in The Second Amendment?

Did you know that it was the Black Panther Party that was the first to push for the individual right to bear arms in this country, in 1967, and could be considered the fathers of the right to individual gun ownership in this country?

Did you know that no one advocated for arming young, black men when Treyvon Martin was murdered?

Did you know that the Second Amendment was not composed to protect the citizens from the government but the government from the citizens?

Did you know all the above is true and easily verifiable by you with a simple Google search but you won't be bothered to have your violent views and revisionist history challenged?

Did you know that this quote by Washingtom is bogus?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

Did you know this is the real quote and speaks to a well-regulated militia, not individual gun rights?

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a Uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent others, for essential, particularly for military supplies."
Huh

Bedford, TX

#477350 Jan 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>

I never said He always does good, I say He always does what's RIGHT. Big difference. Good and Right aren't necessarily one in the same. He is Righteous.
If it is impossible to judge your god as a human, how can you then make this declarative statement?
Huh

Bedford, TX

#477351 Jan 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Please try to be explicit and say what it is that you think in simple declarative sentences rather than expecting me to deduce it.
That will never happen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#477352 Jan 16, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Not a holey ghost? Bwahahahahaha. You're a funny one. Are you touring comedy clubs in the Spring?
No more so than you're sneaking into your psycologist office hi-jacking his computer right now from your nursing home residence.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#477353 Jan 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Not accordoing to the Bible. In fact it states that God created evil:
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." Isaiah 45:7
Just because we would like to believe God is "sinless" (or anything else) doesn't make it so.
God, in humman terms, is a nasty, egotistical tyrant who cares nothing for his alleged creation exept that, according to the Bible, it be obeyed and idolized.
Incorrect, G_O_D.

This verse mentions opposites. Darkness is the opposite of light, and evil is the opposite of peace. This "evil" is not the opposite of righteousness, or obedience. The most accurate translation of the Hebrew term used for "evil," which is "ra'," is "calamity and/or "disaster." And these are verdicts based on righteous judgments.

Until next time, my friend...

Shalowm.

P.S. I have a feeling you knew that already.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#477354 Jan 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you would, but that would be cheating and considered abuse of power by many. We would as human beings would like to fix things the way we like it if we were All Powerful, I mean, I would try to make my life perfect (for me), but we would long cease to exist if we had that kind of power.
<quoted text>
My god? I wonder who's that? In either case, this is why you're not a god.
Correction. Read carefully friend; I never said He always does good, I say He always does what's RIGHT. Big difference. Good and Right aren't necessarily one in the same. He is Righteous.
<quoted text>
Yes, your standards along with everyone elses amounts to a very evil world plunged in the abysmal muck of chaos. Regardless of what you thing He does or doesn't do, He is still allowed to do it. He doesn't run a democracy. He is not governed by the Law we're under because He's perfect. Also, if He creates, he is very well allowed to destroy I would think. Makes sense no? Yes.
<quoted text>
You sound angry. Either that or if I didn't know better I would think you're trying to get under my skin. Not a great idea. Since I've been back, no one here has quite succeeded in doing so. Then again, why would you be angry and who are you angry at? Yourself? They being Adam and Eve were perfect and sinless. Like little children they were asked "Thou Shalt Not!" They chose to listen to the Serpent and paid the price. It is simple. Your mom tells you not to climb the wall but you are innocent, you know no better. The child next door does it and tells you that you can do it too. You tell him that your mom said not to. He then tells you that your mom isn't around so she won't know. You decide in your limited wisdom that you're actually smarter than your mom so you climb the wall, fall off and break your arm. Then you blame the boy next door and your mom even for building the stupid wall. You blame everyone else except yourself. Tragic.
Lesson learned teh hard way. We all still feel the effects of the broken arm after all this time.
CS.
IANS never sounds angry. Why would you deflect like that?

On one hand, you claim our minds are incapable of comprehending your god and then on the other you call it righteous. That is a dichotomy that won't hunt. If you can't judge it, you can't call it righteous. There is no way around that. In the infamous words of Rosa Parks impersonator Ted Nugent, "Case closed!"
Huh

Bedford, TX

#477355 Jan 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No more so than you're sneaking into your psycologist office hi-jacking his computer right now from your nursing home residence.
That's the best you can do? You claim not to concern yourself with ghosts yet your god is a Holy Ghost. Weird.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#477356 Jan 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No more so than you're sneaking into your psycologist office hi-jacking his computer right now from your nursing home residence.
Jesus is coming soon? Hmmm, where have I heard that before?

You do realize your dispensationalist is a modern invention in Christianity, right, and would have been considered heretical blasphemy before the 19th Century? You do know this, right? If not, ecerything you believe is based on a lie. But, what else is new?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#477357 Jan 16, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Forgive me for my intrusion, but I saw your post and felt compelled to answer. Again, I hope you can forgive me.
First, the capitalization and such of the letter "G/g" in the bible is strictly based on the beliefs of the translators. In Hebrew and Greek, there were no upper or lower case letters. Therefore, each and every time the term was used in scripture, the term was identical each and every time. To give you an illustration, I'll quote a few verses while providing the exact reference number that directs us to the Hebrew rendering of the English term.
Deuteronomy 10:17
For the LORD your God [H430] is God [H430] of gods [H430], and Lord of lords, a great God [H430], a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward.
Exodus 20:1-3
And God [H430] spake all these words, saying,
I am the LORD thy God [H430], which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Thou shalt have no other gods [H430] before me.
Psalm 96:5
For all the gods [H430] of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.
Then, as men, but still called "gods" and with a lowercase "g".
Exodus 22:28
Thou shalt not revile the gods [H430], nor curse the ruler of thy people.
And to add an interesting development...
Psalm 8:5
For you have made him a little lower than the angels [H430], and have crowned him with glory and honor.
And now, the English translation with the reference number to the Greek rendering...
1Corinthians 8:5-6
For though there be that are called gods [G2316], whether in heaven or in earth,(as there be gods [G2316] many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God [G2316], the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
John 10:35
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods [G2316]? If he called them gods [G2316], unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken...
As you can see, in each and every case, the same exact term is used, whether it be used to identify Father, men, or even angels. And what we must take into consideration is that, if the term used is identical, then so must be the definition. The difference, then, would have to be in the context of the surrounding content.
Again, I apologize for my intrusion. I hope I've helped, though.
Until next time, my friend...
Shalowm.
No need for apology BLL.
I have always thought this as well and I appreciate your help. Thanks and you didnt intrude. Have a great day BLL.

San Francisco

#477358 Jan 16, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>If it is impossible to judge your god as a human, how can you then make this declarative statement?
Because God thinks exactly like it's believers do. You'd think that would be a clue, right? Especially when one religious person is arguing with another about what God's opinions are.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#477359 Jan 16, 2013
Not by my standards.
Yes, we are aware of your mortal standards.
This is the "puny minds" argument. It's used to quench the cognitive dissonance that conflicting ideas produce - the voice that says, "that doesn't make sense."
Well, it is true isn't it? If you had a concept of a "god" or a "deity", what, do you believe he would be on the same level and playing field as you? That wouldn't make much sense now would it. As the stars are high above our heads so is Yahweh's wisdom far higher than ours.
That is done by making the ridiculous acceptable using the puny minds ruse, and in Christianity, calling the inner voice Satan. The claim is that our minds are simply too puny to understand the god's infinite wisdom and transcendent justice. We're like ants compared to him, so we shouldn't trust our own puny ant minds when they tell us that something attributed to the god is immoral or absurd.
Wait a minute. Are you another one of those people who want to have bridge to nowhere conversations that sound like arguments? Why do you sound so disgruntled? Ants are very smart creatures by the way. They learn and adapt to situations and circumstances very quickly. Your thinking is neither critical nor is it objective but rather very one sided. How is it you hope to comprehend if you take such a biased and enagered stance? Unless of course you originally asked the questions just to ridicule the answers.
We should just believe, however crazy it sounds to our puny ant minds, because it would be arrogant of us to think for ourselves. That's your message, too, is it not?
No, we have proven countless times that when we think for ourselves absent the creator we err, and we err with often very devastating consequences.
The puny mind ruse is deplolyed whenever you are asked to accept the ridiculous, which comes in two flavors, one for each of the two distinctly human cognitive faculties: intellection - what is true - and conscience - what is good and right:
You find when one thinks to highly of their own intellects they end up losing much of their vision. The very intelligent ones among us are the most difficult to reason with and are stubborn to a fault with taking correction or even admitting they were worong in any regard.

Continued....

Location hidden

#477360 Jan 16, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, Grace. I wonder if they ever sing this song that Fannie Crosby wrote:
1. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.
2. Perfect submission, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
3. Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love.
And I hope you have a day full of blessings, too.
I LOVE this song Drew.
Just like with Amazing Grace, They sing the song, but DO they HEAR the message in there? Thanks Drew, I have that song stuck in my head now but thats ok..I will just sing it.:)

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#477361 Jan 16, 2013
Here are examples of each. First, the intellectually ridiculous:
"Everything that exists must have a creator, therefore god exists. God doesn't need a creator because he is out of time. If that seems contradictory to you, it is because your mind is too puny to comprehend it, like an ant trying to learn calculus."
Morally ridiculous:
While that's quite entertaining, you sang that very out of tune and tempo. Nothing exists outside of the Creator. The theory of Evolution (which is just a theory) is desperately flawed because to the millions of nerves in the eyes, one would wonder what got developed first, and when you had two or four footed beasts, what diod they have first, eye to see, mouth to eat or ears to hear first? These questions are usually answered with long-winded intellection mumbo-jumbo that ultimately and eventually evades the question. Just words and intellectual notations that end up confusing the person asking the questions. I wonder where you get your creative mind from? Did that part of your creative mind and imagination evolve from something?
"God's love for man is perfect. Those that don't worship him will be turned over to a demon to be tortured forever. That is perfect love even if you can't see it because of your puny mind, like a child crying about getting a vaccine."
Typical. All you atheists sound the same. You are all members of a religion that worships or exalts self but believes in no Creator and no devil either. Except by believeing there is no Creator or Supreme Power, you unintentionally worship Samael anyway.

He laid down a plan of salvation for man helping us to understand that we cannot lean on our own mortal, finite selves for survival so whether we like it or love it, we need Him. Doing our own thing like stubborn, rebellious children leads us on a path of danger. While He loves us, most parents with excellent morals will not protect their murdering child from going to jail to pay for their crimes.

A truly loving parent wouldn't shelter and lie for their chiold if they knew the child was like a Jeffrey Dahmer or a Pol Pot. As much as He (The Creator) loves us, He shall not suffer us to pass the gates of His Kindom with our polutant virus called sin. It must be purged from us. We must show that we want nothing to do with it. If we cling to it and love our own way, then destroying the sin may mean destroying you also.
Once you perfect this, cognitive dissonance is dead, and so are your hopes of escaping the matrix.
I think you are. They call what you are doing apologetics.
Thanks for the compliment, except I shall not be calling you any name, at least I will try not to do so. He surely doesn't need my defense, but I believe the day will come when He will stand up for His own name.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#477362 Jan 16, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Oh dear...,Good Morning Le le... I tell you what...since you've made a post like this I will answer fully then resort to mostly scripture later for peace sake. Now, I would admit to you that if I were able to "make up" the topic of you having been on an "anal sex" site on the fly (just like that)... or lying about some t-mail conversation discussed a few weeks back then I would agree that would be real evil.
I am going to stop reading here, for I can see you are still being
deceitful and the rest of your very long post will prolly be as full
of pure BS as this paragraph is.

Your mere exsistance on topix is pure evil!
You are someone who wants the world to look at in
awe and exhault.
- And that's just simply not going to be me.

I can't stand liers and thiefs.. and that- Q - is exactly who you are.

I repeat-
I hope, for the sake of those who may be influenced by you in any way,you find the Light.

p.s. I knew you couldn't respond to me with "just scripture"
and
would have to write a book of rebutal- your over blown ego just wouldn't allow it..huh??

Thanks for proving my point..
lol.

Location hidden

#477363 Jan 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is obvious to all.
Hi G...Show me how you do that..( Quote what so and so says thing) I cant figure that out. Do you know what I am talking about? Example...."G_O_D said...quote.. well, u get the picture, I hope..LOL

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477364 Jan 16, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Okay.
it aint necessarily so has made it difficult for me to catch up. Unfortunately, I'm still on page 22995.
Sorry. But I hope that I have at a minimum stimulated you and given you new arguments to consider.

If so, isn't that a good thing?
Brother Lee Love wrote:
it aint necessarily so...I thought you would have known by now that I'm not your average believer.
Sorry again. I don't really know you that well except to say that you have always seemed to be in good control of your emotions and language, which I appreciate.

As for your ideas - if they are different, I haven't seen enough of them to recognize that. Please share.

BTW, does the thread get the sense yet that as hostile as I may be to some ideas and institutions, I never attack the poster until he or she goes over the decency line. Feel free to express any idea about anything without fear of being personally assaulted for it.

I confess: I don't respect faith, I don't believe in gods, I find the bible to be flawed and inauthentic, and I consider the church to be a net societal burden. If you can hear those ideas without experiencing them as a personal attack or a reason to retaliate - and I believe that you always have - then you are OK with me.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
You're making the mistake of not adhering to what's written, but to the interpretations that the leaders of Christendom have invented throughout the years.
Can you be specific? Can you show me where I did that?

Please forgive me for always requiring evidence to support claims. It's part of my skeptical nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the real reason Obama allowed and mosque near G... 4 min Doctor REALITY 2
"How much WIGGLIN' you plan on DOIN'??! lol 9 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min I Am No One_ 444,300
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Liam 596,196
The Christian Atheist debate 31 min Mr Wiggley 932
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 43 min tamizh 7,334
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 854,662
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web