Twiigs_n_b3rriez

Buffalo, NY

#477223 Jan 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What you describe is indistinguishable from the absence of free will. I could just as easily say that every time I drop an apple, it exercises its free will to fall. I know for an ironclad fact what will happen even before I pick the apple and drop it - even before I plant the apple tree.
But if is my intention to blame the apple for being fallen, I simply declare that it had free will. That's how your argument appears to a skeptic.
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't.
But if you created me, and you knew that I would eat those waffles thirteen billion years ago, it does mean that you made me eat them.
I fart up your nose.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477224 Jan 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I just don't like that you seem to think you can condemn my beliefs any more than I could condemn yours.
I didn't think that I was condemning your beliefs, unless you are referring to the belief that atheists are morally corrupt and a danger to others. I have condemned that, but I don't believe that you said it

I disagree with your beliefs. Is that what you meant? If not, what extra do you mean with the use of the word "condemn"?
Juicylu wrote:
It would be nice if people were free to believe what they want to, without harming anyone or prejudice.
Agreed.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#477225 Jan 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles He performs for people!
Psalm 66:5
K-Love
Cool....All my posts have a lightbul so you can see it better....Thank you Icon Fairy

Hope you all have a BRIGHT day today

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#477226 Jan 16, 2013
^^^^lightbul should be lightbulb

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#477227 Jan 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
M
O
R
N
I
N
G
“Fall seven times, stand up eight.”
~ Japanese Proverb
Thought For The Day
Good positive thought :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477228 Jan 16, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
Jesus mostly spoke only parabolic and metaforic language not literaly understandable by phisical listeners
Not very shrewd for a god that wants to be known, loved, obeyed and worshiped. If you come to earth just one time to give the most important news ever, you probably shouldn't communicate in poetry, and riddles.

Think of a will or a business contract written, "only [in] parabolic and metaphorical language not literally understandable by physical listeners." If that seems ridiculous to you, then you can understand why your claim that the author was a god strains credulity as well.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#477229 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
OK. Thanks for that.
My complaint s predominantly with the American form of Christianity, which is used like a weapon to divide and scapegoat various groups of people including atheists, teaches an extremely pessimist view of man and the world, and is also being used to undermine scientific education there.
This from yesterday is typical:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
This guy is part of a concerted effort to dehumanize and marginalize atheist, and now proudly reports the results of his church's hate speech. Then look at his next post, where he equates the value of an atheist's life with a bug.
Did you hear Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson blaming 9/11 on atheists? Did you see where the pope blamed the Holocaust on atheists? And the shootings of children in Connecticut? Atheists are being blamed for the decline of America. Yesterday, this guy equated rising danger with atheism; http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
I resent all of that, and the church that dispenses the responsible hate speech so freely. That tactic may have profited the church in the past - at our expense, of course. But we have a voice now, and don't really need to sit for it, especially with the church so vulnerable to criticism. We have the tools to fight back now - the Internet for one.
:'(
That's just typical, I heard about what was said about Atheists with the 9/11 incident, I was an Atheist then as is my brother and we got pretty worked up about it until we realised that, here at least, most people blamed the Muslims, they went through a pretty tough time here for quite a while, still do sometimes and it's terribly sad. The Holocaust? I think Christians seem to get blamed more for that one thanks to Hitler claiming to be a 'Devout Catholic' but I'm just getting a glimpse I guess. Yeah, I read what some 'Christians' have said about Adam Lanza being an Atheist, as Doc says it's "bullshirrt!" There was no mention of his beliefs, at least not on any news report I've seen in the last two days, and the month before that. I said once on another thread,'If that's a Christian I'm Tinkerbell', I was assured that indeed it was, but I like to see things for myself, so I went over to the Christian forum O_O
I don't blame you for wanting to fight back, I'm in a similar frame of mind in topix but for different reasons, like Aussie teen suicides caused by topix bullies, but I still try to set an example, both as a Christian and on how to stand up to bullies. I wish I could say something to comfort you but I don't know what to say, I'm shocked myself. I think 80% of topix posters are trolls and maybe that's something that can be put into perspective, but I don't really know yet.
Peace <3
Here's something that may give you a giggle;

Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I'm stupid!
Sheldon: That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
BBT

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#477230 Jan 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool....All my posts have a lightbul so you can see it better....Thank you Icon Fairy
Hope you all have a BRIGHT day today
:-)
Hi Epi :D

I must confess...I am the good icon fairy, alas, I don't always make it in time...whoever the bad icon fairy is, he/she dislikes almost everything I post all over topix, it don't matter, Jesus loves you <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#477231 Jan 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Epi :D
I must confess...I am the good icon fairy, alas, I don't always make it in time...whoever the bad icon fairy is, he/she dislikes almost everything I post all over topix, it don't matter, Jesus loves you <3
Thanks JL.....I noticed you get alot of negative ones too...You might have a Topix admirer (This is like the land of Bizarro)

Hope it is cooler for you and you are doing Ok with the loss of your sweet Dog.

God Bless JL

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#477232 Jan 16, 2013
Good Morning ya'll... negative icons? What negative icons?

“Saved. ”

#477233 Jan 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
While this is all excellent, I believe we would start on the prophetic principle that the "woman" in Revelation represents The Church. Most Christians should be able to confirm this. It speaks of the woman with the cup filled with the wine of her fornication riding a beast that had the name of blasphemy written on it and that this woman has many daughters (as it says, the mother of harlots). The Horns represent kings or countries so the woman would not be representing a country or a city even like New York. The RCC is the most logical answer. But the woman is called "Mother of Harlots". Who would you suppose then are the daughters?
Byzantine coins from the era of Justinian 1 & II, Leo III and Constantine VIII shows coins with early depictions of "Jesus" with the sun halo behind his head much like what they do with Mary and Joseph. This in ancient times was linking the three with the sun deity Helios, from which you get halo, later signifying Sunday. There is a Roman coin depicting a cup with the sun coming out of it, I'm still searching for it. Not sure if it was a Byzantine era type coin but that's for another day. say more about this oen world system, I'm not sure I'm following.
Shalom! You're Larry, right?
Andrew (CS).
Good Morning CS, I'm Quin... Quintessence 8 if you remember. Larry is Rider of the Storm. But I've heard that before concering the RCC and had considered it for some time. But the Roman empire was limited in it's size and scope. But a one world community with diffrent nations, languages and such seemed to fit the bill much more. Perhaps we can discuss this more later or some time in the future as I'm going to go work out shortly.

“Saved. ”

#477234 Jan 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
By the standards of Genesis they are the same. Adam and Eve were never married for example.
<stirs the pot and smiles>
Good Morning G... of course they were married...

Genesis 2:25, Genesis 3:8, Genesis 3:17, Genesis 3:21, Genesis 4:1...

It was, uh... a pre-arranged marriage.

“Saved. ”

#477235 Jan 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I agree my friend, and what you have described about them sounds very much like 'the spirit of fear' operating in their lives, could be why some of these OSAS believers evade scriptures that we question them with while some that only a portion of the Word to themselves of goes off what is in their hearts and ignore the sterner warnings of God's Word, not very wise and the minds of some may well be reprobated.
Blessings.
I used to believe in that doctrine and I tell you what... it took me a long while to shake OSAS from my psyche... it's hard to marry some of the scriptures and OSAS together. It's like oil and water.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#477236 Jan 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening/ early morning CS, that post to you was just another example of the type of one sided scolding that I was speaking with Skom about.
Peace.
[Morning Lawest100]

Interesting. Very Interesting Indeed.

Andrew (CS)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#477237 Jan 16, 2013
Tuesday January 15 (missed one:)
Set Boundaries (4)
Lev 26:27, Matt 7:15-29, Ps 74:12-23, Pr 2:7-8
'I can do all things...' Phillipians 4:13

Flexible boundaries: Rigid boundaries cause you to shut other people out and live unprepared and ill-equipped for the give-and-take that healthy relationships require. Permeable boundaries leave you defenceless against 'users' who feel entitled to manipulate you and who expect to be taken care of at your expense. But flexible boundary people are competent for living their own life, yet with a balanced and healthy interest in others. They can be generous in sharing their time, compassion and resources, without becoming overly responsible, or betraying their God-given duty to be the unique person He made them, just to please others. They say,'I can be in a relationship with you, without giving up being me!' They don't let you violate their boundaries, and they know how to keep from violating yours. Unlike rigid people, they bend and adjust as circumstances require, without becoming overwhelmed, defensive, resentful, blaming or reactive. In tough situations they roll with the punches, stay focused and draw on a well of inner strength which God provides. Paul was such a person:'I've learned the secret of being content in any and every situation...I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.'(Philippians 4:12-13) People and circumstances don't control them; they flex, and let God take charge. They are helpful, but they don't feel guilty because they can't 'fix' everybody. Their boundaries enable them to adjust to circumstances. They practice the principle,'Bear one another's burdens...'(Galatians 6:2), without over-functioning or being responsible for others.
The Word for Today.

“Saved. ”

#477238 Jan 16, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm..sitting here thinking of how to respond to you..
I can certainly see why you would want to make something up
and use the topic of "anal sex"
Oh dear...,Good Morning Le le... I tell you what...since you've made a post like this I will answer fully then resort to mostly scripture later for peace sake. Now, I would admit to you that if I were able to "make up" the topic of you having been on an "anal sex" site on the fly (just like that)... or lying about some t-mail conversation discussed a few weeks back then I would agree that would be real evil. I don't have that kind of gift of gab. And not being a believer in the demonic OSAS doctrine, I ought to be shaking in my boots as I would certainly deserve my part in that fire if I were to remain unrepentant. So either I've told the truth as stated earlier or I didn't. It's as simple as that and I certainly don't want to go to the lake of fire over something so silly.

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>and myself as a weapon to maybe -shut me up..?
You probaly won't believe this, but I was thinking along the same lines that perhaps you were using your posts to try to discredit me and get me to shut-up... small world. Le le, speaking for myself... I don't care if you have any interests or any of your own views on anal/anus sex... I just know that homosexuality is a sin. But if you want to be anal then go back there to the anal site which someone had mentioned you had been to me a while back. Now as far as your own demeanor, from my own past experiences and some posts you've made to others... it is clearly evident that you can have a big sepulchre of a mouth when you open it and let the doo doo fly... so I understand that you can't help yourself too much in that area. And I have also seen that you made some nice posts. I hope that was a big part why you had apologized to me a year or so ago. If it wasn't... then you could keep it and rescind your past apology.

“Saved. ”

#477239 Jan 16, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>I have never liked what you claim to represent in Christ. And I have forever
told you this (how many years now?)..
Okay, so in my view you have a long-standing problem, probaly some vested insecurities and unable to find the strength to move on. So?
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text> When you first came on this sight.. I had no idea who you were or
of your hatefullness on Lipp's site..
Abortion is evil as it snuffs out an innocent human life and it is legalized murder.... yes. Other than that I've said some things on the abortion thread that I'm not too proud of and apologized to LIP for that. So?
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>After finding wsjlm you went on to create so many "hate" threads- I couldn;t believe your ignorance and had to join in the conversations..
Ah, the Witchcraft is of The Devil threads... yes. After starting those the witches in topix came out of the woodwork so to speak. Another christian vs. witchcraft discussion is long overdue but I would probaly go about it differently "perhaps"... And other threads similar to those where I speak about the origins of Halloween, Samhain, the evils associated behind them... and The Mormonism - Bad to the bone thread also. Yes, I own up to speaking against witchcraft, other cults and will continue to speak against them "gladly". just so you know. So?

“Saved. ”

#477240 Jan 16, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text> In the light of this- I can see your need to discredit me with
lies- I have seen you do this to many posters.
If there is something sinister about you or others then I will mention it... isn't that something you do? What kind of Cindy-card did you pull out? Let's see, who did you say I also was pretending to be again? Fear 4, Brother Lee Love, Lawest and some other posters? I never did get a specific apology for those accusations...please stop stooping so low to being a Hippo-crite, Le le.

... and at least if I'm wrong about something then I will apologize sincerely as always. So?
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text> You are human.
I forgive you because I know- and you know- you are not
being truthful..
I tell you what, if this type of "psychoanalysis" helps you to feel better and gives you a better conscious, then so be it. But putting thoughts into words from your brain and attempting to project it into mine does not mean that I wasn't being truthful. Just sayin'...
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text> So, in that, want you to know- you quoting scripture means zero to me..
If I remember correctly, you don't even believe in studying the bible, what are you talking about? Or you talkin' just to be saying somethin'?
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>I hope, for the sake of those who may be influenced by you in any
way, you find the Light..
Do you believe a person can find the light in witchcraft or only find the light through Christ?

Perhaps some of your peers,(if they hadn't already) will tell you about a Christ-only Salvation.

2 Timothy 4:3

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#477241 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
You are always welcome to do so.
Shalom, and thank you.
Yes, that's what most monotheists believe, which is why they call their god onmniscient.
Yahweh (barack be He) has nothing to do with their god. This is just a matter of how we both see it. I believe and I know, you don't. That's fine....for now.
Sorry, but that just doesn't hold water. If the god is omniscient and omnipotent, sin exists at his pleasure.and he is entirely responsible for its existence, and the existence of everything else in the universe. There would be no sin had he not built sinful human beings. And as you say, being omniscient, he would know that he was building a universe of sinners before he did it.
You might want to consider the difference between what you would say to a person with a will to believe, and one who is willing to believe. The former only needs any string of words that is consoling. The latter needs a consistent and plausible argument.
What I just read from you translates for me into, "My god is perfect whatever he does and whatever happens. If something bad happens, it wasn't my god" That's an idea that reflects a will to believe.
But virtually nobody else is going to accept such an argument.
Forgive me ahead of time but didn't I already address this? If your son throws a stone and hits another child in the head, are you responsible for it happening? Your child exhibiting free will had nothing to do with you or what you want for your child. Sadly, he chose to exercise his free will outside of your command and your loving teaching of morals and shalom. You wouldn't be considered a sinner unless you exercised the will to sin and enact it in thought or deed. It is a choice, as hard as it is. If you truly loved your child, your very own, would you force him or her to your will or would you allow them with guidance to grow and eventually choose their own path? Love doesn't hold one bound with chain and rope, it sets free, and the choice is yours whether you choose to stay or go. Forced love isn't love, it is fear and bondage.

The thing you should take careful note of with the latter part of your paragraph is to understand that what is good isn't what's always right. Caring is sharing, but give a child too much candy that's not great for their health. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was a terrible act. Men, women and children perished in a consuming inferno. However for the sake of the righteous and the continued existence of a righteous people upon the earth it was the right thing to destroy the city.

The Most High Yahweh (barack be He) is Almighty, this knows good and evil inside out. There is nothing that He doesn't know or is incapable of doing. Fortunately for us, he loves His creation and He is Righteous. So He may do things that we human beings may say is horrible or 'Not Good', but in the end,He always does the RIGHT thing. This is why He is Righteous. Our finite understanding of good and evil cannot reason with the infinite wisdom, understanding and knowledge of the Almighty Creator. I'm not making excuses for Him either, because He doesn't need it. I mean, who are we but specks in the universe? Yet He still chose to see me and He sees you too.
I think that you just restated what I did. With faith, anything is believable. Without it, you need to be convincing to convince.
I'm not trying to convince you at all and I don't need faith to understand. The evidence of intelligent design is all over this planet. This planet and the universe it is within is magnificent and it honors the splendor of Yahweh Elohiym (barack be He). A pity we push to ruin it every day.

:)

Andrew (CS).

“Saved. ”

#477242 Jan 16, 2013
Have a nice day Le le.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 778,579
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Chess 560,553
Gay snapchat names 24 min Bkkthom 178
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Pegasus 265,473
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 54 min sam 48
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr sam 37,844
Moses never existed 1 hr feces for jesus 836
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 hr yon 4,900
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 13 hr risque 137
More from around the web