Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#477250 Jan 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Do far Qu all of her "friends" have done nothing but ignore her spiritual ignorance and given her a pat on the back for attacking you, me and others, I remember even Drew H commending her over a year ago for having grown spiritually which was shocking in itself, and I have to give ol' Doc Reality credit for being the only one to call her out on her erroneous beliefs.
Correction..........SO far all of her "friends"..........

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#477251 Jan 16, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning CS, I'm Quin... Quintessence 8 if you remember. Larry is Rider of the Storm. But I've heard that before concering the RCC and had considered it for some time. But the Roman empire was limited in it's size and scope. But a one world community with diffrent nations, languages and such seemed to fit the bill much more. Perhaps we can discuss this more later or some time in the future as I'm going to go work out shortly.
Ok...nice point Quin. Now look at it from this perspective.
1. The Book of revelation was probably written anywhere between 90 and 110 CE.
2. At that time and for the better part of the next 400+ years, the Roman Empire was very powerful and very influential world wide.
3. Though the very suspect Edict of Milan was signed between Licinus (co-consul Balkans region) and Constantine I (Western Empire), which is basically a pact of tolerance for this new Christian movement.
4. After the Pope became the head of this new Christian movement, it began the shift from rome being a Political Power in the West to being a Religious power beginning in the East.(The beast was scarlet colored, and the woman wore scarlet and purple). Now scarlet could be viewed as symbolic for blood as scarlet and purple could be viewed as teh colors of the church.
5. In prophecy, the Horns would represent kings or kingdoms and not the woman. The woman represents the church.

Shalom Quin.

Andrew (CS).

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477252 Jan 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
I know that you are spiritually deprived
I think that you have that backwards. What would you know about spirituality? Do you think it has anything to do with spirits and ghosts?
LAWEST100 wrote:
... to believe that you are lashing out at me and others here
I rebuked the filthy hate speech that you - and only you thus far - carted out here - the bit about all unbelievers being corrupt and abominable. Did you think that you were still free to post such calumny, but that the target of your words would have to sit there silently and take it?

That's no longer necessary. The times have changed. We have a choice to answer you now. You heard mine.

Have you ever heard of the Golden Rule? It's one of the bedrocks of humanist ethics. You should learn it. You might not have to deal with the people you hurt "lashing" back at you.

Fennario

#477253 Jan 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
you are really condemning God's Word or trying to
I'm condemning your use of your book as a weapon to demean those who don't accept your dogma, as you did with me. Your church has damaged unbelievers for centuries with that hate speech, and I'm alerting you to the new reality.

And I don't care that you think the words are holy. If they're precious to you, don't dangle them in unbelievers' faces. They look too much like a piñata, and we're no longer defenseless.

Now, if you want to apologize and start over, I'll accept your apology, and we can discuss ideas again instead of what you think my character flaws are. Or we can continue as we have. Your choice.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#477254 Jan 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

There is no other name or any other way to be saved my friend but by the shedded blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
While I understand your statement, it is not supported by that verse.

All Paul was saying is that prejudice and elitism has no place among the followers of Jesus.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#477255 Jan 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
That was very much uncalled for. You are an idiot.
It is in the Bible you imbecile.

Don't blame me if your magic book is full of perveted stuff.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477256 Jan 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is, and when you think about some of the others that engage in it..........it opens the door to so much to ponder on and makes you wonder.
Blessings.
Indeed.

:)

Andrew (CS).

Fennario

#477257 Jan 16, 2013
Twiigs_n_b3rriez wrote:
I fart up your nose.
Is this a Christian? Are you a Christian?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#477258 Jan 16, 2013
Patti Wolf-Mann wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not use the world "married,"..
Correct. You were in error.
Now that you admitted it, you are forgiven. Now move on and try not to do it again..

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477259 Jan 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
While I understand your statement, it is not supported by that verse.
All Paul was saying is that prejudice and elitism has no place among the followers of Jesus.
Shalom Duane. Beautiful morning isn't it. Did you receive my last post or two responding to you? One of my responses was to your post about El.

Andrew (CS).

Fennario

#477261 Jan 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I don't blame you for wanting to fight back
Thank you for your empathy.
Juicylu wrote:
I still try to set an example, both as a Christian and on how to stand up to bullies.
Then we are kindred spirits. I try to set an example for other skeptics about standing up to bullying skeptics.
Juicylu wrote:
I wish I could say something to comfort you
You just did.

Your response was exemplary. LAWLESS needs to learn some manners. People like him have created the very unfortunate and very unacceptable situation for American skeptic that the following report details. Personally, I don't care to be characterized this way, and am willing to fight back. From http://atheists.org/content/bigotry-worst-aga... :

Bigotry Worst Against Atheists - The Ultimate Outsiders? New Report Casts Atheists "Others" Beyond Morality And Community In America

March 25, 2006

"A new study ... has found that Americans perceive Atheists as the group least likely to embrace common values and a shared vision of society.

"Researchers concluded: "Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in 'sharing their vision of American society.' Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry."

"Disturbingly, Atheists are "seen as a threat to the American way of life by a large portion of the American public," despite being only 3% of the U.S. population. Edgell said that Atheists "play the role that Catholics, Jews and communists have played in the past" in that we provide "a symbolic moral boundary to membership in American society."

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#477262 Jan 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You for your response..I will keep that in mind. The point is, we cannot work our way to heaven, but because we have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, we will have good works - not to be saved, but because we are saved.
They think that works produce faith, but we know that faith produces works, and it that faith that pleases God.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#477263 Jan 16, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Ms. Walker, that was pretty mean. I think I may well deserve an apology for that.
You seem not to see where he lambasted me for mixing Hebrew with English and all the expletives he's using. You respond to this post but ignore the last few I sent to you.
Actually, I wasn't yet being Mean to Dr. Shrink, I was holding back plenty and I try to work with the lad, but he responds to my posts with verbal venom. Surprising you don't see when he does that, calling me a zionist [bleep], etc, etc. Isn't that antisemitic behavior from him?
I don't think he's hopeless, but he sure gives the impression by his behavior he is. What's with you and RA talking about my ego? Is it because I provided fact and you felt offended because you both couldn't refute it?
I assure you, Dr. Shrink doesn't need or deserve your aid, he can fend for himself. Wonder what makes him believe he could be a cyber bully? It rarely works in this day and age.
Shalom!
Andrew (CS).
I wasnt trying to be Mean..You just decided to take it that way. I just pointed out WHY he doesnt speak or write english very well. But if you feel that I offended you and want an aplogy then very well, I apologize for that. No harm was intended. You know, I was thinking....I call GOD...FATHER or Heavenly father..He hears me when I dont use his real First name. My earthly father was named John, but I called him "Daddy or Dad or father and quess what??? He KNEW who I was talking to, I didnt HAVE to call Him John. I believe calling GOD "daddy or Abba or Father is well pleasing to HIM. If your Religion requires something more from you then what God requires and you Believe that, then carry on with what you feel will bring YOU closer to God but WHY DEMAND others to tell YOU ( a mere human) what the Name of their God is? You sound like one of those "anti christ" followers who martyred people if they professed that they followd Christ..LOL I am kidding here, But you have NO right to Demand anything from anyone, especially the NAME of THEIR GOD. Have a blessed day in the Name of JESUS CHRIST the Lord of Lords and King of Kings..

Location hidden

#477264 Jan 16, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so in my view you have a long-standing problem, probaly some vested insecurities and unable to find the strength to move on. So?
<quoted text>Abortion is evil as it snuffs out an innocent human life and it is legalized murder.... yes. Other than that I've said some things on the abortion thread that I'm not too proud of and apologized to LIP for that. So?
<quoted text>Ah, the Witchcraft is of The Devil threads... yes. After starting those the witches in topix came out of the woodwork so to speak. Another christian vs. witchcraft discussion is long overdue but I would probaly go about it differently "perhaps"... And other threads similar to those where I speak about the origins of Halloween, Samhain, the evils associated behind them... and The Mormonism - Bad to the bone thread also. Yes, I own up to speaking against witchcraft, other cults and will continue to speak against them "gladly". just so you know. So?
Religion at its finest here folks!!! Religion is MANS attempt to reach God.. Christianity is GODS attempt to reach man...

Your religion is a Cult Quin. I pray your eyes will be opened one day. Jesus came to save SINNERS..NOT the righteous as you proudly display yourself to be. Another reminder of the Pharisee and the tax collector parable..Quin being the pharisee

Location hidden

#477265 Jan 16, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
They think that works produce faith, but we know that faith produces works, and it that faith that pleases God.
Amen. But they would rather listen to their preacher instead of God. I use to believe JUST like some of these religious folks on here. Wonder if they know what "entering into HIS Rest means. LOL..They probably refer to that as Sunday rest. Have a blessed day Drew. God Bless You

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#477266 Jan 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Solution to what? I don't need forgiveness for being born human.
I reject the doctrines of sin and salvation - hamartiology and soteriolgy if you'd like a couple of fifty dollar words to take back to your pastor.
you reject? so who care? if you think you alright, then live on writer. thanks for telling me you reject sin and salvation. Christianity embrace the doctrine of sin and salvation. what you reject I embrace. You reject Jesus Christ, I embrace and accept Jesus Christ. that ok by me.

Location hidden

#477267 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you for your empathy.
<quoted text>
Then we are kindred spirits. I try to set an example for other skeptics about standing up to bullying skeptics.
<quoted text>
You just did.
Your response was exemplary. LAWLESS needs to learn some manners. People like him have created the very unfortunate and very unacceptable situation for American skeptic that the following report details. Personally, I don't care to be characterized this way, and am willing to fight back. From http://atheists.org/content/bigotry-worst-aga... :
Bigotry Worst Against Atheists - The Ultimate Outsiders? New Report Casts Atheists "Others" Beyond Morality And Community In America
March 25, 2006
"A new study ... has found that Americans perceive Atheists as the group least likely to embrace common values and a shared vision of society.
"Researchers concluded: "Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in 'sharing their vision of American society.' Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry."
"Disturbingly, Atheists are "seen as a threat to the American way of life by a large portion of the American public," despite being only 3% of the U.S. population. Edgell said that Atheists "play the role that Catholics, Jews and communists have played in the past" in that we provide "a symbolic moral boundary to membership in American society."
Hello friend,
I have been following some of your post and I agree with most of what you say. Lawest is in a man made religion NOT Christianity. Religion has become a cult of believers that rely on their own goodness, works and faithfullness that they feel will earn them something from God. They look down their noses at unbelievers and consider themselves to be above all..Even God. If I was an atheist and ALL I heard and seen from so called christians was post from lawest, quin and CS, I would not want any part of their cult either. They may quote scripture but if you pay close attention, They only post verses that demand their works and obedience...NEVER a verse that tells others just how much God/Jesus Loves them and how much they did for them. The very thing that Jesus came to free them from. They represent a god of hate,revenge and torture. While God is a just God, He doesnt hate one single person. They will throw up ONE single negative verse to disprove 100's of positive verses. Ignoring religious cults like those and focusing on WHY Jesus came and WHO Jesus is will clearly show someone (who is searching anyway) the right path to Christianity. Grace and Peace to you friend

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#477268 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Why ask why? Because I am a human being. Because it is the nature of my species to wonder and to reason - unless something comes along and deadens the mind.
<quoted text>
You've got it backwards. It's stultifying dogma like yours that has always held man back. Look at how bad your attitude is about learning and knowledge. Human inquisitiveness and the power of evidence and reason brought us modernity. It has changed the world and made lives longer, healthier, and with more options.
Here are two competing points of view on reason:
[1]”Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding, and whatever it sees must be put out of sight and ... know nothing but the word of God." - Martin Lutherm, father of Protestantism
[2] MY GOD CAN BEAT UP YOUR GOD
by Richard BAMFORD
Do you know his name? Sure you do. He talks to you every day. You could not live a normal life without him. You believe in him, whether you like it or not. Unless you abandon him completely, you cannot deny he exists.
My god is a more personal god than yours can ever be, for if you have enough sense to understand these words, my god lives within you. He lives within us all, to some degree. A heartbreaking few cannot understand him, but this is not their fault. The real tragedy is the multitudes who ignore much of his counsel, particularly when he questions your god too deeply.
My god has been around longer than your god. He was here before the many other gods that preceded your god. Though you will likely scoff at the notion, my god was the father of your god, as he was to all gods. But that was long ago when he was young and not yet sure of himself. Though many of your god's followers try to hold him down, my god grows stronger and more independent each day.
When your god expelled us from paradise for eating an apple, my god taught us to grow our own fruit.
When your god forbade knowledge, demanding we live in ignorance, my god created books.
When your god smote cities like a tantrum-prone child, my god helped to rebuild them.
When your god insisted the world was flat, my god showed his followers it was round, to their peril at the hands of your god's followers.
While your god watched in silence as children sickened and died, my god created medicines to make them well.
When your god winked and nodded at slavery, my god argued passionately against it.
While your god represses half the human race, my god considers woman to be the equal of man.
When your god only helps those who help themselves, my god rolls up his sleeves and actually does help until your god decides to join in, and then steals all the credit.
When your god inspired great buildings and great art, my god made them possible.
While your god says we are all born sinners, tainted before we even draw breath, my god says we are all born innocent; a clean slate with limitless potential.
While your god offers dubious allusions of an afterlife, my god provides for us here in this life.
While your god makes amazing promises, but offers not a shred of proof, my god performs amazing deeds, and the proof is there to be seen by all.
While your god demands blind faith and obsequious obedience, my god encourages questions, even about himself.
When your god says "Thou shalt not," my god says "You can do anything."
My god is reason. He does more in a day than your god will ever do.
Well I not have spam the billboard to brag on my God Jesus Christ. All his works is in a book called the Holy Bible. Its the best selling book worldwide, go read it.

As for your God [reason]. If my God never have a "reason" for you to be alive to day you would be dead. So I not worship your God reason, I worship Jesus Christ, the maker of reason and the [reason]for your eternal punishment.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#477269 Jan 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. But they would rather listen to their preacher instead of God. I use to believe JUST like some of these religious folks on here. Wonder if they know what "entering into HIS Rest means. LOL..They probably refer to that as Sunday rest. Have a blessed day Drew. God Bless You
Good morning Grace.

I imagine their idea of "entering into HIS rest" means the rest they get after having done all the work they believe they need to do for God to say "yep you worked that sin off, now get your rest for the next time you sin because you will have more work to do".

Hope you have a great day. God bless.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#477270 Jan 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Do far Qu all of her "friends" have done nothing but ignore her spiritual ignorance and given her a pat on the back for attacking you, me and others, I remember even Drew H commending her over a year ago for having grown spiritually which was shocking in itself, and I have to give ol' Doc Reality credit for being the only one to call her out on her erroneous beliefs.
Hi Scott. Well if the truth be told, Le le knows my beliefs, and she knows that I don't agree with her in her belief that all will be saved in the end. The difference is that we have genuine respect for each other and speak to each other in ways that are not condescending, therefore the respect remains. So tell the whole story, not just an excerpt from it.

Furthermore, are we not supposed to encourage others when we see growth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Catcher1 100,169
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min RiversideRedneck 980,115
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 670,273
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 286,455
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 3 hr coco 57
Ring Payments 4 hr annaleighanne 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web