Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#477059 Jan 15, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK....this <<<face_palm> >> tht you and (definately)Duane does....Is it the same thing Homer Simpson does when he says....
"DOH"
lol... Good Afternoon Ep... I actually got that from Duane as I saw it as a perfect way (for me anyways) of expressing what I may be feeling without having to type a whole bunch of words. When I facepalm I start from my forehead and on down to my chin lol...

#477060 Jan 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..
You are a liar and nothing more than a cheap gossip.
To think you spread your hatefullness and lies all the while
you claim to praise the name of Jesus!
Sad that!
You should be ashamed of your actions here on topix.
But, your pride and your warped overblown ego which is rooted
in NOTHING but your love of SELF- will never allow it..
Check with Lawless, I bet his church will offer you some
kind of shock therapy for your fear of those different from you.
But, please please stop playing wanna be preacher on topix..
You do more damage than good!
lol... nope, didn't lie. Be careful what you tell people on Topix Le le. It's a good lesson that I had to learn on this particular medium. Not saying that they are bad people but from what I can tell and have experienced since I've been on here... mostly everybody gossips. It's just the nature of the beast I guess. You and me, we're the types that are more vocal at publically expressing it.

Hey Le le, hope you have a pleasant day today. From this point on, I'll be responding mostly with scriptures. It'll keep me out of trouble as I could get pretty colorful with my own words in the worst way. In other words, I give it over to God. Have a good one Le le and I truly hope that you will one day find Salvation in Christ. Smile.

John 14:6.... James 3:8

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#477061 Jan 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
What do these scriptures suggest to you about what your god does and doesn't know:
"Do you know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him who is perfect in knowledge." - Job 37:16
"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit." - Psalm 147:5
Sorry for intruding in your conversation. The Creator does know everything and there is nothing he does not know.
If that god had perfect knowledge, he knew that man would be a sinner before making him, and deliberately made sinners, right? I realize that you agree that that sounds wrong, and odd. Isn't that why you called the idea preposterous?
This is a question that has been asked several times throughout the history of man. However Yahweh Elohiym (barack be He) did not make sinners. Our foreparents made themselves to be sinners based on their own independent choice and we make ourselves to be sinners each and every day upon this planet.
Yet what other conclusion is possible for a rational person? And what does it say about somebody who comes to any other conclusion?
It's that kind of unreasonableness to the doctrine that you see when you look at it closely that bothers skeptics. If you value rigor in thought, and sound arguments, you have to go where reason takes you.
But wait. It gets worse:
I personally like the argument. Though the questions may seem preposterous to many because they've been answered countless times quite often with the same answer, I cannot necessarily fault someone thinking the way you do. For I believe when you are convinced or the truth or experience a miracle or His Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) impresses upon you, then your faith will be much more solid than those who never experienced an emptinesas you have. Excellent question.
We're told that the god gave us free will. It's not really possible to say that we had free will if every move we would ever make was foreknown, and not possible to avoid, before we made it.
Want more?
This is an error in reasoning. Not because in my mind knowing you I have predetermined that you're likely to choose the orange over the banana and the apple doesn't mean I have influenced your choice. You still chose. The fact that I knew your choice(s) has nothing to do with you making the choice yourself. In a limited way, sometimes we human beings can see things before they happen. Sometimes we as human beings then try to step in to prevent what we foreknow from happening but more often times than not, we are unable to stop the inevitable. So me knowing you would have eggs and waffles this morning doesn't mean I made you have them.
Not only did the god knowingly make a sinful man and give him free will, he gave him curiosity, the gift of reason, and seeded the earth and skies with clues that contradict his bible. That's just not believable to a skeptic. It's impossible and self-contradictory.
I understand that if you need something like that to be true to support your faith, you simply accept it on faith however implausible or self-contradictory.
But I can't.
Friend, with all due respect. You can't be a skeptic just for skepticisms sake. If you look at it carefully, you would see it isn't contradictory at all. I will be the first to admit that many things aren't explained in detail so they're vague. However what if how you explained it, it was so? Would it make a difference? We would still be man and He the Creator of man. Just saying.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

#477062 Jan 15, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Edit due to length... Sin and disobedience didn't become a literal, physical manifestation until the devil entertained rebellion in his thoughts and acted upon it. But, even before that, it was known that the opposite of obedience is disobedience, whether any had become disobedient or not.
Every creature was created with the ability to sin. But, along with the ability was given warning and consequence. Because much of the written records of Adam and Eve are symbolic, we don't recognize them. The sin that Eve was enticed with was autonomy, or the desire to govern one's self without "God." Eve accepted the suggestion and exposed Adam to the same. This, in turn, produced guilt and shame, which means that they learned the difference between obedience and disobedience.
Every creature was created with the ability to sin. And because of this, a "fail-safe," if you will, was included. The proverbial "tree of life" was this "fail-safe." Reading the accounts, we can see that mankind was already endowed with everlasting life, from the moment of his creation, but never do we read of them partaking from this proverbial tree prior to their fall. This "tree of life" was in their midst, though. And it was only after they sinned that it was pronounced that they would have to take from this proverbial tree in order to be restored. And rather than believe that "God" knew they would sin beforehand, it makes more sense to believe that "God" included this proverbial "tree of life" just in case. And sadly, it became necessary.
"God" knew man's fall was highly possible, but not inevitable. I mean, one of His own angelic creations fell. But, it's ludicrous to even think that "God" created man so that he could fall, and then administer the most harshest punishment on them. To even think that "God" created man sinful is to also think "God," Himself, is sinful, as only a bad tree can produce bad fruit. But, man was created perfect through and through. Now, I know that there will be many that will oppose what I'm saying, as people can't understand how an all-knowing "God" would create a creature without knowing that His creation would fail. The fact is, He didn't know. Again, He was aware the possibility, but He didn't know it would happen. If anything, He had hoped it wouldn't. To say He did is also to say that He set His Son up, to die. Consider the following, please and if you will...
You're at the top of a snow-covered hill and you make a snowball. You're intention is to roll the snowball down the hill. You predict the outcome of the snowball to your audience. Now, does this mean you know the future, or that you understand the nature of snow, so forth and so on? I liken "God's" foreknowledge to the same.
Predictions and prophecies are based on two things. Knowledge and interaction. Prophecy by knowledge is understanding the nature of the subject and having the ability to tell it's future based on your knowledge of it. Prophecy by interaction is telling the future with the intent of making it come to pass at a predetermined time. That's why our anointed Savior doesn't know the time of his second-advent.
I've ran out of room. Hopefully, I can continue later on.
Until next time...
Shalowm.
Amen... hey also, please explain the flaming sword, so to speak, around the tree of life. I think I have a fair understanding of it but would like to know your interpretation of that. My own understanding of that is Adam and Eve having already sinned was sent out of the Garden lest they partake of that tree of life and remain in their sinful condition forever. Now I'm paraphrasing because I'm going by bits of memory but what is your take? Thanks.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#477063 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it IS God's fault and not a matter of Freewill.
Did you CHOOSE to have the color eyes you have, too ?
only way you can blame God is if destroy adam and eve after they sin then start over with new humans with sin. but God not do that. He keep adam and eve after they sin with the sin nature and decide to send Jesus to redeem.

so everyone have a sin nature since adam and eve. you want to blame God for making you born with a sin nature, go right ahead. you think it was better you wasn't born? well you can't go back into the womb and and go back to the egg in your mother ovaries and fight off you daddy sperm that come fertilize the egg so that you was not born.

so does you no good to blame God that you was born with a sin nature. only thing you can do is do something about it. and that something is Jesus. reject Jesus as God if you no think he the solution and find another solution. I search for solution many yrs and the only one suffice for me is Jesus Christ. so good luck on you search. been there done that.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#477064 Jan 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what life is all about...finding that which brings you the joy of life itself. You found it in Christianity...for you that works.
Regardless of where one finds that joy of life it is how it is used to better yourself and to bring joy to others that matters.
true thing.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477065 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still alive and enjoying it. LOL
How are you doing? Am I correct to understand there have been a few major changes in your life ?
You are orrect my friend and I am glad you're alive and loving it. There are still hurdles in my life I must get over, and deep and wide rivers to cross but I do so one leap and one step at a time. We all have our issues in this life to tend to. I believe I will be fine. It is always great seeing you post and reading them. For sure we won't always agree, but you're certainly not stringed puppet with bit and bridle. LOL

I wish others would just step a little outside their comfy square boxes for a short while and have a broader view of things. Then maybe the conversations in here wouldn't be so dogmatic and people wouldn't be so deeply indoctrinated so much so they can never learn anything new or improve upon what they already know.

Shalom Duane!

Andrew (CS).

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#477066 Jan 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>only way you can blame God is if destroy adam and eve after they sin then start over with new humans with sin. but God not do that.....
Yes he did. Didn't you read the flood story in Genesis ?

Maybe you should read the entire Bible before commenting on it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#477067 Jan 15, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Amen... hey also, please explain the flaming sword, so to speak, around the tree of life. I think I have a fair understanding of it but would like to know your interpretation of that. My own understanding of that is Adam and Eve having already sinned was sent out of the Garden lest they partake of that tree of life and remain in their sinful condition forever. Now I'm paraphrasing because I'm going by bits of memory but what is your take? Thanks.
It had nothing to do with them remaining in sin forever.

According to Genesis the Gods were afraid that Adam and Eve would become immortal and become 100% Gods insteaad of Gods that will die.

"God said,“The Man has become like one of us, capable of knowing everything, ranging from good to evil. What if he now should reach out and take fruit from the Tree-of-Life and eat, and live forever? Never—this cannot happen!”" Genesis 3:22

The Gods were afraid of competition.
It is the same basic story as that of Prometheus and several other myths.

#477068 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a Jewish insult that goes "May you spend 11 months in Gehenna." It is also in a funeral prayer "May he spend no more than 11 months in Gehenna".
It is one of the Jewish beliefs that the spirit is cleansed in Gehenna and that if it is not clean after 12 months it is anihilated. Islam has a similar belief.
Good Afternoon G... thanks for the info. I remember you mentioning those beliefs a couple of times 'cept for the funeral part.

Concerning Gehenna, hell, everlasting fire and the whole nine... For myself, as you know already I believe hell exists quite literally because of what Jesus had stated. As far as the Jews, from what I've read it sounds like length or the concepts of Gihenom is a long-standing debate. Whatever the case maybe, the Jews believe in a Gehenna (I believe that too)... but I disagree with the duration portion because of my own beliefs.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477069 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
You talk a lot about God, considering you don't believe He exists...
Yes, I do, at least when I am posting on Topix.

Although a lack of evidence for all gods is the basis for atheism - the non-acceptance of all god claims, it is only through a consideration of the descriptions of the various gods that it becomes possible to say that a particular god has been ruled out.

All gods with a creation myth were ruled out by the Big Bang Theory and the Theory of Evolution. None of them got it right, not Marduk, not Odin, and not Jehovah.

There are other reasons to discuss the Christian god, since the values derived from it permeate American culture, values like homophobia, atheophobia, and a contempt for the nobility of man. That's all Jehovah's opinion being expressed through the church as it understands it.

Many of us consider those very bad values, and the Christian god to be a very poor example, especially when he is offered as the perfect example of perfect morals. A discussion of why that is not the case involves a discussion of the moral values of the Christian god.

Humanists strongly condemns a moral code that considers a god that would keep a soul alive after its death just so that it can suffer without end a loving god.

So, yes. That requires discussing a god I don't believe in. Do you see the reason for an unbeliever discussing such a god now?

#477072 Jan 15, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent answer, though His name wasn't Jesus. I only asked because some say it is The Revelation of John, but you're on the mark.
Well said.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
Praise God. <--- and I don't mean that in a smart way because of your own views... I mean it sincerely. I understand the language changes over the centuries and such but I am comfortable with using God, Jesus and Lord in my conversation. I'm not trying to be disrespectful in regards to that but just to give you head's up to set some sort of expectation on that. But when I post with you I'll make every effort to use Yeshua if possible.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477071 Jan 15, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
The "God" we read about, in the bible, is as much molded, formed, and fashioned, to fit man's criteria as any other. "God" is omniscient because man made Him that way. And then comes the questions that none can answer.

The moment any believer is asked how such a loving "God" could create man with the foreknowledge of his frailties and inevitability to sin, only to administer the most harshest of punishments on him for being too weak and ignorant to remain perfect, they become stuck for answers. The moment any believer is asked how such a loving "God" would, or even could, create man with the foreknowledge that He would, one day, have to send His only-begotten Son to sacrifice himself for them, they get stuck for answers. The moment any believer is asked how such a loving "God" could sacrifice His own Son while prohibiting men from sacrificing their's is another question they can't answer. And while they believe as so, they also can't find a legitimate reason as to how a good tree, as "God" is perfect, can bear such bad fruit! It makes no sense, whatsoever. And this is what troubles me so much about these so-called "Christians" and their contradicting belief-systems.
There's the conundrum. Does it demand resolution for you?
Brother Lee Love wrote:
And this is why I chose to separate myself from our modern perceptions of Christendom.
Me, too.

#477073 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It had nothing to do with them remaining in sin forever.
I will take this into further consideration... they were in a sinful state at that point through disobedience though. And God is of couse sinless.

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Genesis the Gods were afraid that Adam and Eve would become immortal and become 100% Gods insteaad of Gods that will die.
I definitely do agree with the pluralistic concepts of God(s) here. Afraid is a strong word... it was more like cautionary concern for mankind.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>

"God said,“The Man has become like one of us, capable of knowing everything, ranging from good to evil. What if he now should reach out and take fruit from the Tree-of-Life and eat, and live forever? Never—this cannot happen!”" Genesis 3:22
If they were sinless at that juncture then perhaps I could see your point. But it seems like, whatever the case may be, that if they had partaken of the tree of life in that condition then there end would be even worse.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gods were afraid of competition.
It is the same basic story as that of Prometheus and several other myths.
I would have to respectfully disagree with that... if that were the case then why take the chance? Why not just take them out completely and why have the tree of life in there (before they sinned) in the first place?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#477074 Jan 15, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Afternoon G... thanks for the info. I remember you mentioning those beliefs a couple of times 'cept for the funeral part.
Concerning Gehenna, hell, everlasting fire and the whole nine... For myself, as you know already I believe hell exists quite literally because of what Jesus had stated. As far as the Jews, from what I've read it sounds like length or the concepts of Gihenom is a long-standing debate. Whatever the case maybe, the Jews believe in a Gehenna (I believe that too)... but I disagree with the duration portion because of my own beliefs.
There is no Jewish dogma on the afterlife. One is free to believe what ever they want. I beleive "gehenna" is a metaphor for "guilty concious" we either "come clean" or remain "human filth". I don;t read Jesus as talking about an afterlife at all. Esp. considering his comment:
"Leave the dead to bury the dead."
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#477075 Jan 15, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Praise God. <--- and I don't mean that in a smart way because of your own views... I mean it sincerely. I understand the language changes over the centuries and such but I am comfortable with using God, Jesus and Lord in my conversation. I'm not trying to be disrespectful in regards to that but just to give you head's up to set some sort of expectation on that. But when I post with you I'll make every effort to use Yeshua if possible.
I woudln't post with this self glory idiot,
who try to change hearts of foreign spoken people with their Jesus name

his jesus name is in hebrew language and he try rewrite tablets of all born again hearts to fit his blasphemous agendas
he is deceiver and Liar

love of God and His name goes from all nations hearts and languages designed by God,not by this zionistic idiot and hater, who send peace-shalom and Love and after this throw bombs against own neighbour

this creature with his zionistic candle light is worst as I ever meet during my life journey

be carefuly Quin

don't fall in his trap

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477077 Jan 15, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Praise God. <--- and I don't mean that in a smart way because of your own views... I mean it sincerely. I understand the language changes over the centuries and such but I am comfortable with using God, Jesus and Lord in my conversation. I'm not trying to be disrespectful in regards to that but just to give you head's up to set some sort of expectation on that. But when I post with you I'll make every effort to use Yeshua if possible.
While I can respect that (and I thank you for the jesture), I would rather you not use "Yashua" to suit me because it isn't about me. I understand as I've said countles times why people would say Lord, God and Jesus. It took me a while to get used to not use those words and even when I stopped, i still used to use them for teh benefit of conversation with others. Now, what I do is at times I'll use words like Most High, Creator, Father, the Almighty, The Savior or The Messiah for teh sake of conversation. I just wanted to enlighten many of you who I do care about (or else I wouldn't have bothered) to the dangers or risk of using translated names especially those proven to not be accurate translations at all.

Remember, 2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV) says:

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

His people which are called by His name.

Revelation 18:4 also says:

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Who is this "her" do you believe it is talking about?
I didn't mean to prolong this, I was just hoping that you people who I believe are smart and mean well would just look above the water-line or step outside the box for a moment and get a bigger, broader view, you would see how amazing the clearer picture really is.

Shalom & Love,

Andrew (CS).

#477078 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Jewish dogma on the afterlife. One is free to believe what ever they want. I beleive "gehenna" is a metaphor for "guilty concious" we either "come clean" or remain "human filth". I don;t read Jesus as talking about an afterlife at all. Esp. considering his comment:
"Leave the dead to bury the dead."
I only took a quick glance at the My Jewish Learning site on gehenna and this other one:

http://www.thejc.com/judaism/rabbi-i-have-a-p...

But yes, Jesus did speak on hell and everlasting fire in the NT... also the mentioning of being cast out into outer darkness and the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

As far as the "let the dead bury their dead." Not that the father was dead already but it was customary for the children to take the inheritance from their father in order to care for their parents in their old age. The person that Jesus was talking to wanted to, to come follow Him, wanted to tend to that customary business first rather than seizing the moment to follow Jesus first.

"Let the dead..." it is an allegorical comment. Because how can a physically dead person bury someone who is dead? Basically Jesus is saying in parable fashion, "Let them who are not following Me..." (the spiritually dead) bury their own dead... that is what I believe is meant here when Jesus said that. And it's not like the father would be left alone with no one to care for him... Jesus already knew that others were already there who could take care of that portion... that is why Jesus said, "let the dead, bury their own dead."

#477079 Jan 15, 2013
Edit (within my last post): " The person that Jesus was talking to, to come follow Him, wanted to tend to that customary business (of taking care and burying his father) first rather than seizing the prized moment of following Jesus first."
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#477080 Jan 15, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You display nothing that resembles love. All I did was ask the name of your God and the name of your Lord. It didn't require you writing me an epistle or a sermon because my questions were simple. Now it really matters very little if any what you think of me; your true Christian behavior is a witness unto itself. Now it's either you answer the questions, or you won't or you can't, it's not quantum physics. My questions only require simple answers, they were not designed with the purpose of being difficult, but you are proving my theory correct nonetheless.
Shalom.
CS.
I don't display definition of your LOVE

You know hebrew name of your God,and keep so long how long you are alive.

I don't write sermons like your sermons deceiving and lie to others
I write my opinions based on Bible, not your beliefs.

I think nothing about you cyber nonsense bambling not true sentences,
and claiming the truth and witnessing
YOU HAVE NOT IDE WHAT IS THE TRUTH AND TRUE WITNESSING.

YOUR DESIGNED QUESTIONS YOU CAN FLUSH IN TO TOILET,AND KISS MY TAIL

YOU ARE NOT QUESTION AUTHORITY
I have not respect to you,as lawyer,authority,or any logical teacher of spitirual values transfered in their langueges meaning of Gods Name or His Son Name

you are simple predujicial zionists clown
puting yourselves above all those humble christians"saints"

your awatar candle light,and your hebrew name are simple ugly proff,
what hipocrite and lair you are, deceiving honest christians,and trying to draw them to your devil sect 99. 1/2% english design and 0.5% hebrew language design

so?
stop post to me your stupid demands,
and take free breath,
because you are not able to conquer anyone who belongs to The Most Holy Tabernacle

if you know book Jeremiah,you suppoe to know what God said to jeremiah,it also means to me
jeremiah 15;20-21
And I will make thee unto this people a fenced brasen wall;
and they shall fight against thee,
but they shall not prevail against thee;
FOR I AM WITH THEE,SAITH THE LORD

AND I WILL DELIVER THEE OUT OF THE HAND OF THE WICKED,(LIKE YOU CS)
AND I WILL REDEEM THEE OUT OF THE HAND OF THE TERRIBLE
AMEN

BYE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min nanoanomaly 104,728
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min guest 673,322
............"I never HAD any toys"....... 10 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min nanoanomaly 981,316
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 2 hr andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 2 hr andet1987 66
More from around the web