Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#477040 Jan 15, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are full of stinking sins and you make insults on her believes?
you suppose to know defintion of own stinking sins glued in thy heart,face,tougnue,hairs, legs,a.... just everywhere like white leprosy?
Your god must be proud of your behavior. Do you sit up all night thinking of creative ways to insult people?

If I really felt bad about what you were saying, then what you're saying would be working, but all you're doing is throwing dirt in your communion wine. Keep it up.

Counter_Strike.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#477041 Jan 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is talking of believers, and of the Bible and what it says.
Does it say those things?
They do sound awful.
Lol. Those things do sound awful. As to what the Bible says, well, depends on who you ask sometimes.
To me, the Bible doesn't say awful things but it is a tricky puzzle of a Book, I learn something new about it every day and I've only been interested for 3 and a half years or so. I know people who have studied the Bible for decades and still learn new things daily. As for what my thought are on some believers, especially some on topix...well, see my rant to IANS. See, here, we're not that big a deal, some politicians maybe but most people don't hate us and some just think we're nuts but don't treat us like lepers or anything, my brother represents a minority but he's got trauma too so I don't push.
<3

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477042 Jan 15, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Nobody has the right to judge and condemn. UNLESS they were the one who paid for our sins by hanging on a cross.
Gott liebt dich Shrink
I agree, excellent post. Only problem I have with this hypocrisy is that you take sides with one of the biggest condemners of them all, Dr. Shrink.

Nonetheless, you make a great point.

Andrew (CS).

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#477043 Jan 15, 2013
*thoughts* keyboard's fault :D

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477044 Jan 15, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who's going to be the first one to come along and try to put their twist and spin on what God's Word says by saying "completely doesn't really mean completely, because if we sin our works are needed fix that sin in order for it than mean completely".
_______
<<< Rolls eyes and chuckles as he waits to see who shows up first to try and change God's Word by putting their twist and spin on that verse.
_______
Hope you have a fantastic evening Grace. God bless you.
This is quite poor of you. I was really hoping you were better than this. I really thought you were a cut above many because your posts were short, precise and free of malice. I am truly disappointed. I am also saddened by the fact that you now decided to post of a level that makes you seem quite ignorant and indoctrinated. I thought I knew you a little bit at least, but I guess I didn't know a thing.

I would ask you also what's the name of your God or god, but I won't, because you either won't answer or you can't. Join their ranks RA. I guess any team with Dr. Shrink playing on it must be top class and really worthy of honor.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477045 Jan 15, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jack...Very impressive..I am clueless about all this but you guys are raising a very good debate. I love this post. Thanks Jack, We need some more knowledgable people in here. Thank Drew for me also. Goodnight
The last time I checked his name was John, not Jack. How do you get Jack from John? It doesn't even make the name any simpler to call. Oh I forgot, we live in the name change and dubiously translated names era, so my apologies.

Please, by all means, carry on.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477046 Jan 15, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>The Revelation of Jesus Christ.
"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John..."
Revelatin 1:1
Excellent answer, though His name wasn't Jesus. I only asked because some say it is The Revelation of John, but you're on the mark.

Well said.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#477047 Jan 15, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I checked his name was John, not Jack. How do you get Jack from John? It doesn't even make the name any simpler to call. Oh I forgot, we live in the name change and dubiously translated names era, so my apologies.
Please, by all means, carry on.
Andrew (CS).
That is my fault. I asked John if I could call him Jack because he reminded me of a dear cousin named Jack.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#477048 Jan 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that giving? What use is that to me? I didn't request anybody's torture or death.
you never request to be born either, but you here. now what?

you not see Jesus as a gift? that's because you not saved. if you was saved you would see Jesus not just as a gift but the very source of existence and the joy of life itself.

for person like me that was looking into the darkness and hopelessness of buddhism, Jesus is like a new life and a new awakening.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#477049 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
The fact is that there is no such thing as a perfect god that makes mistakes.
Another fact is that you have no special senses or faculties that allow you to know what isn't known or knowable to man.
Another fact is that when you claim to know what is unknowable, you define yourself as unreliable.
who say God make any mistake? adam and eve was perfect, they choose to make the mistake. God perfect.

and now you telling me that because you not know Jesus is God, that I not know either? me laughing! is unbelievers like you make I laugh until my side hurt. because since you never experience the power of Jesus through Holy Spirit, you telling me I never experience it either.

LOL. you is funny writer.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#477050 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is my fault. I asked John if I could call him Jack because he reminded me of a dear cousin named Jack.
Understood Duane. I was just making a point. They called John Kennedy Jack Kennedy also. So I would suppose it's pretty much common practice, especially these days.

By the way. How are you doing?

Andrew (CS).

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#477051 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
It's all of our jobs to stop such a thing if we can, your god included.
What use is your god if it can't be bothered to save children? Why should I respect such indifference, let alone worship it?
And why would I try to make my morals conform to those of your god? Mine are already better than that. What would you think of me if I had the power to save those children and didn't bother?
And what should I think of the enablers who define goodness by whatever their god is said to do, however repugnant it may be?
so how come you never stop adam lanza then since you think is your job?

blame lanza and his mother first.

you think you better than God?, then how come no one worshiping you? iyai!lol

you blame God, because you not want to submit to God. you simply rebellious, it very common among people. so live you life thinking you better than God. is your life.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#477052 Jan 15, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Nothing in the bible even suggests that man was created with any foreknowledge that he would one day fall. That's preposterous.
What do these scriptures suggest to you about what your god does and doesn't know:

"Do you know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him who is perfect in knowledge." - Job 37:16

"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit." - Psalm 147:5

If that god had perfect knowledge, he knew that man would be a sinner before making him, and deliberately made sinners, right? I realize that you agree that that sounds wrong, and odd. Isn't that why you called the idea preposterous?

Yet what other conclusion is possible for a rational person? And what does it say about somebody who comes to any other conclusion?

It's that kind of unreasonableness to the doctrine that you see when you look at it closely that bothers skeptics. If you value rigor in thought, and sound arguments, you have to go where reason takes you.

But wait. It gets worse:

We're told that the god gave us free will. It's not really possible to say that we had free will if every move we would ever make was foreknown, and not possible to avoid, before we made it.

Want more?

Not only did the god knowingly make a sinful man and give him free will, he gave him curiosity, the gift of reason, and seeded the earth and skies with clues that contradict his bible. That's just not believable to a skeptic. It's impossible and self-contradictory.

I understand that if you need something like that to be true to support your faith, you simply accept it on faith however implausible or self-contradictory.

But I can't.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#477053 Jan 15, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Understood Duane. I was just making a point. They called John Kennedy Jack Kennedy also. So I would suppose it's pretty much common practice, especially these days.
By the way. How are you doing?
Andrew (CS).
I'm still alive and enjoying it. LOL

How are you doing? Am I correct to understand there have been a few major changes in your life ?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#477054 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
What do these scriptures suggest to you about what your god does and doesn't know:
"Do you know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him who is perfect in knowledge." - Job 37:16
"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit." - Psalm 147:5
If that god had perfect knowledge, he knew that man would be a sinner before making him, and deliberately made sinners, right? I realize that you agree that that sounds wrong, and odd. Isn't that why you called the idea preposterous?
Yet what other conclusion is possible for a rational person? And what does it say about somebody who comes to any other conclusion?
It's that kind of unreasonableness to the doctrine that you see when you look at it closely that bothers skeptics. If you value rigor in thought, and sound arguments, you have to go where reason takes you.
But wait. It gets worse:
We're told that the god gave us free will. It's not really possible to say that we had free will if every move we would ever make was foreknown, and not possible to avoid, before we made it.
Want more?
Not only did the god knowingly make a sinful man and give him free will, he gave him curiosity, the gift of reason, and seeded the earth and skies with clues that contradict his bible. That's just not believable to a skeptic. It's impossible and self-contradictory.
I understand that if you need something like that to be true to support your faith, you simply accept it on faith however implausible or self-contradictory.
But I can't.
God not make any sinful man, sin is passed down through DNA and genes from the sin of the first human beings adam and eve. adam and eve was made without sin, they choose to sin.

it just look like you making excuses not to submit and yield to God. you going back to the beginning and want to know why?

why ask why? it is what it is. what the use you asking why? you can't change nothing. only thing you can change is yourself. and all the reasons you come up with not to submit to Jesus come down to one thing[[[[YOU CHOOSE not to submit to Jesus.

you choose writer. people look back all the time and ask bout titanic ship, how come it sink and it was made so well. but all the hindsight no change nothing, it still sink, so build a better one. so all you questioning and reason why no change nothing. you choose to reject Jesus. that your decision that your responsibility.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#477055 Jan 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you never request to be born either, but you here. now what?
you not see Jesus as a gift? that's because you not saved. if you was saved you would see Jesus not just as a gift but the very source of existence and the joy of life itself.
for person like me that was looking into the darkness and hopelessness of buddhism, Jesus is like a new life and a new awakening.
It is what life is all about...finding that which brings you the joy of life itself. You found it in Christianity...for you that works.

Regardless of where one finds that joy of life it is how it is used to better yourself and to bring joy to others that matters.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#477056 Jan 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the kind words.
Faith is a difficult concept forr me to accept...
Morning;
Ten inches snow in my part of this world.Tis 11 degrees here.
Would you like me to send some your way to share with you.lol.
Hey has warmed up was 13 below zero.Could not help myself just had to teaste abit have a good day.God bless.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#477057 Jan 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>God not make any sinful man, sin is passed down through DNA ....
Then it IS God's fault and not a matter of Freewill.

Did you CHOOSE to have the color eyes you have, too ?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#477058 Jan 15, 2013
Good Afternoon everyone... how's every"thang". Smile.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#477059 Jan 15, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK....this <<<face_palm> >> tht you and (definately)Duane does....Is it the same thing Homer Simpson does when he says....
"DOH"
lol... Good Afternoon Ep... I actually got that from Duane as I saw it as a perfect way (for me anyways) of expressing what I may be feeling without having to type a whole bunch of words. When I facepalm I start from my forehead and on down to my chin lol...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min Tellthetruth 989,938
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 27 min Aura Mytha 42,609
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 1 hr Johnny 66
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 668
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 690,653
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 2 hr Doctor REALITY 27
Here's What's Really Behind NFL Players Taking ... 2 hr Sedwick 1
More from around the web