Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#476924 Jan 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Brilliantly worded my Sister.....
Hey Lady,
It is always good to see you SeRaH!:)
HFN

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#476925 Jan 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, just go back to your anal sex topix thread...
This is how you try to discredit one's reputation.
Dare to speak up to a "little wanna be internet preacher"
as yourself and the lies and slander come out..

You are seriously one troubled human being..

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#476926 Jan 14, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, it is none of these it reads Sanctified with Amazing Grace be well. May I ask what does the emp stand for?*Smiles*
Sorry. I get carried away with those things. Lol.

The short answer... Empathy or empath combined with atheist.

Long answer.... before i stopped believing in supernatural things, I thought i was an empath. Even asca non believer i feel i connect with people easily and if someone has a physical ache or pain i will feel pain in the same place. Now instead of magic i know its my mind making it happen.... still annoyingly pretty strange and interesting though.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Location hidden

#476927 Jan 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the answer. I have read much about his final days, but cannot reach a conclusion. Vincent was such a tragic figure, so far ahead of his time and he knew it. He suffered much. I have traveled to several countries, with the sole aim of seeing his paintings, right there in front of me. The best, the ones that make me cry and to which I could return every day of my life, are in the Musee d'Orsay in Paris. Any painting by Van Gogh leaves me moved. The humanity is overwhelming.
Bonsoir mon ami, yes we was that but out of the tragedy developed beautiful paintings that were bold and daring in scope and vision. I have recently restored a Van Gogh they are difficult for me to complete properly due to the coloring and they are emotionally draining for me especially the paintings of the Sunflowers, there is an inherent melancholia about them. Any person ahead of their time no doubt will suffer much due to the fact that the time and place has not caught up to their genius yet, he only sold one painting during his lifetime. I also enjoy the paintings of Peter Paul Rubens some would say I resemble him in the way I work, I have very selective clientele and I teach only a few if they have pathos.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#476928 Jan 14, 2013
Speaking of that... do you have any pain from your neck to mid back slightly more on the right side of the spine?... no? Yeah im just laying uncomfortably. Lol
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#476929 Jan 14, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen any bugs at home in a long time. And you know WHY?? Because I don't put ANYTHING,anywhere,not even in the trash inside,that bugs can get in and eat. I mean,hey,bugs gotta eat too. But if they wanna eat,they better go to 'Joe's Place', cause they know there ain't gonna be NOTHING on the menu to eat @ Doc's Place!
Better to be carful than sorry.:)
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476930 Jan 14, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, so did we and they happened to be in our favorite colors as well. The messages are wonderful as well to us.
Yes Mam, I think anything that announces our LOVE for Christ is wonderful.

Location hidden

#476931 Jan 14, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I get carried away with those things. Lol.
The short answer... Empathy or empath combined with atheist.
Long answer.... before i stopped believing in supernatural things, I thought i was an empath. Even asca non believer i feel i connect with people easily and if someone has a physical ache or pain i will feel pain in the same place. Now instead of magic i know its my mind making it happen.... still annoyingly pretty strange and interesting though.
Bonsoir mon ami, I am empathic as well, I have to be in the line of work I am in restoring paintings requires I believe attunement to emotion and perfection in detail. Thank you for sharing this with me, in regards to your beliefs they are your own and no person has any right to infringe on that (If you continue to coorespond with me you will find that I will not it is not my place I am only human after all) I often seek the opinions of atheists in order to see from their perspective what we as Christians can do better because I feel like we can be better than we are now and the only way to do this I believe is to seek those with a different belief system is this way we may learn from eachother does this make sense?*Smiles*

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#476932 Jan 14, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, yes we was that but out of the tragedy developed beautiful paintings that were bold and daring in scope and vision. I have recently restored a Van Gogh they are difficult for me to complete properly due to the coloring and they are emotionally draining for me especially the paintings of the Sunflowers, there is an inherent melancholia about them. Any person ahead of their time no doubt will suffer much due to the fact that the time and place has not caught up to their genius yet, he only sold one painting during his lifetime. I also enjoy the paintings of Peter Paul Rubens some would say I resemble him in the way I work, I have very selective clientele and I teach only a few if they have pathos.
If you haven't been there, you must go to the Art Museum of Brussels. It has the finest collection of Rubens paintings, in my view. Rooms with large paintings of nudes one after another. Rubens is not among my favorites however, I don't connect as well with that era. Rococo on the other hand I find wonderful. Watteau.

Location hidden

#476933 Jan 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Mam, I think anything that announces our LOVE for Christ is wonderful.
Bonsoir mon ami, I believe His love for us is more the way I see it, before we loved Him, He loved us hence His sacrifice by cruxifiction (I am not sure if I spelled this right, for some reason I can never spell it properly perhaps the languages may have something to do with it I am sorry).
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476934 Jan 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can go ahead and be bad, and you're still ok?
Don't tell me you won't be bad. CAN you be bad and still remain saved?
This is very interesting.
Well, I feel that when you turn over your LIFE to Christ, you won't
want to be bad. You strive to always show the Christ in you, but if
we do mess up and do something we shouldn't , we have this guilt and we ask God to forgive for that wrong. God will never forsake us or take back this Salvation He has given us. Us ALL.

God knows your Heart and He knows your sincerity., He knows if you are TRULY His child. We change when we accept Christ in our Hearts, we put on a NEW you, we FEEL His presence, mankind can see your good works in Christ. The Holy Spirit will guide you.

God will take you, just as you are, with all your faults, and make a NEW you. It all happens 'within you' you FEEL it.

Location hidden

#476935 Jan 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't I be serious?
I never said "deserved"
Did we "deserve" for him to create us, love us, and die for our sins?
Yet he did that didn't he?
And if he sends us His Spirit to give us answers to things while still on Earth, it seems to me like getting answers in the after-life isn't much of a stretch. Not to mention he says we will stand before him and says he will tell people why he didn't save them
What does "faith is" have to do with it?
I have no idea where our souls were or if God created them upon conception. What do you think and what is the relevance to the conversation about the after-life?
Hi Skom,

Just wrote a response and somehow deleted it..

Was being hurried off my laptop last night and should have
not been in such a rush to complete my thoughts to you..

Seems a major topic here is indeed where our souls will be after our earthly bodies die.. So I was wondering what your thoughts were..

This thread is strongly consumed with many being/ believeing they have the right to stand-
judge and jury of another's soul..

Frustrating to read here, everytime I log on, the pompus
outright hatefulness of the one's crying Lord Lord the loudest!

Enough of what I believe- for now, think I tried my best last
night,
and other times, to get my thoughts across..

I have not one bit of doubt that Christ lives in my heart.. That's
what faith is to me..
:)

Always good to see you!

Take good care.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476936 Jan 14, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, I believe His love for us is more the way I see it, before we loved Him, He loved us hence His sacrifice by cruxifiction (I am not sure if I spelled this right, for some reason I can never spell it properly perhaps the languages may have something to do with it I am sorry).
It is okay , my spelling is sometimes wrong, but I know what you meant.

Not sure what you are saying.

Yes, before we loved Him, He loved us. We were drawn to Him.

Am I saying this right?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#476937 Jan 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I feel that when you turn over your LIFE to Christ, you won't
want to be bad. You strive to always show the Christ in you, but if
we do mess up and do something we shouldn't , we have this guilt and we ask God to forgive for that wrong. God will never forsake us or take back this Salvation He has given us. Us ALL.
God knows your Heart and He knows your sincerity., He knows if you are TRULY His child. We change when we accept Christ in our Hearts, we put on a NEW you, we FEEL His presence, mankind can see your good works in Christ. The Holy Spirit will guide you.
God will take you, just as you are, with all your faults, and make a NEW you. It all happens 'within you' you FEEL it.
Cool.

My only problem with it is that I just can't believe in a god, and the Christ thing makes it even more unlikely.

And you know, now and then somebody will doublecross the god and be bad and stay bad.

Location hidden

#476938 Jan 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you haven't been there, you must go to the Art Museum of Brussels. It has the finest collection of Rubens paintings, in my view. Rooms with large paintings of nudes one after another. Rubens is not among my favorites however, I don't connect as well with that era. Rococo on the other hand I find wonderful. Watteau.
Bonsoir mon ami, hence the beauty of preference and variety at work! We have been to Belgium and we have been to the Museum many times, Watteau I like very much. I also have a fondness for the Italian masters as well I like Titian for his strength and vibrancy. I am eclectic when it comes to paintings I also have many copies I have painted from memory of the works of Pablo Picasso, who ironically enough was a friend of Andres Segovia (Sora can tell you about him if you want to know who he is and if you do he can tell you more lol). Victorian painters I am fond of as well. Walter Sickert was one such personality in regards to his being Jack the Ripper I am of the mind that there is notenough evidence and the book written by Patricia Cornwell is not convincing enough due to in part to her own biases. Sora tells me often that as a linguist reasearch must be unbiased and objective and able to see both sides of a debate. she unfortunately did not prove this.

Location hidden

#476939 Jan 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
It is okay , my spelling is sometimes wrong, but I know what you meant.
Not sure what you are saying.
Yes, before we loved Him, He loved us. We were drawn to Him.
Am I saying this right?
Bonsoir mon ami, yes I am.

Location hidden

#476940 Jan 14, 2013
Altissimu, onnipotente bon Signore,
Tue so le laude, la gloria e l'honore et onne benedictione.

Ad Te solo, Altissimo, se konfano,
et nullu homo ne dignu te mentouare.

Laudato sie, mi Signore cum tucte le Tue creature,
spetialmente messor lo frate Sole,
lo qual iorno, et allumini noi per lui.
Et ellu bellu e radiante cum grande splendore:
de Te, Altissimo, porta significatione.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per sora Luna e le stelle:
in celu l'i formate clarite et pretiose et belle.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per frate Uento
et per aere et nubilo et sereno et onne tempo,
per lo quale, a le Tue creature di sustentamento.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per sor'Acqua,
la quale multo utile et humile et pretiosa et casta.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per frate Focu,
per lo quale ennallumini la nocte:
ed ello bello et iucundo et robustoso et forte.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per sora nostra matre Terra,
la quale ne sustenta et gouerna,
et produce diuersi fructi con coloriti fior et herba.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per quelli ke perdonano per lo Tuo amore
et sostengono infirmitate et tribulatione.

Beati quelli ke 'l sosterranno in pace,
ka da Te, Altissimo, sirano incoronati.

Laudato si mi Signore, per sora nostra Morte corporale,
da la quale nullu homo uiuente p skappare:
guai a quelli ke morrano ne le peccata mortali;
beati quelli ke trouar ne le Tue sanctissime uoluntati,
ka la morte secunda no 'l farr male.

Laudate et benedicete mi Signore et rengratiate
e seruiteli cum grande humilitate.

Canticle of the Sun by Saint Francis of Assisi in the original Umbrian dialect

Location hidden

#476941 Jan 14, 2013
Canticle of the Sun In English

Most high, all powerful, all good Lord!
All praise is yours, all glory, all honor, and all blessing.

To you, alone, Most High, do they belong.
No mortal lips are worthy to pronounce your name.

Be praised, my Lord, through all your creatures,
especially through my lord Brother Sun,
who brings the day; and you give light through him.
And he is beautiful and radiant in all his splendor!
Of you, Most High, he bears the likeness.

Be praised, my Lord, through Sister Moon and the stars;
in the heavens you have made them bright, precious and beautiful.

Be praised, my Lord, through Brothers Wind and Air,
and clouds and storms, and all the weather,
through which you give your creatures sustenance.

Be praised, My Lord, through Sister Water;
she is very useful, and humble, and precious, and pure.

Be praised, my Lord, through Brother Fire,
through whom you brighten the night.
He is beautiful and cheerful, and powerful and strong.

Be praised, my Lord, through our sister Mother Earth,
who feeds us and rules us,
and produces various fruits with colored flowers and herbs.

Be praised, my Lord, through those who forgive for love of you;
through those who endure sickness and trial.

Happy those who endure in peace,
for by you, Most High, they will be crowned.

Be praised, my Lord, through our Sister Bodily Death,
from whose embrace no living person can escape.
Woe to those who die in mortal sin!
Happy those she finds doing your most holy will.
The second death can do no harm to them.

Praise and bless my Lord, and give thanks,
and serve him with great humility.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476942 Jan 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
My only problem with it is that I just can't believe in a god, and the Christ thing makes it even more unlikely.
And you know, now and then somebody will doublecross the god and be bad and stay bad.
I understand where you are coming from.

God is a SPIRIT. God sent His only Son, Jesus , to dwell amongst us and to show us our Heavenly Father,

This is where Faith comes in, Faith without seeing , the ones Jesus picked out to be His diciples, got to see Him and Hear His teachings. They captured it for US, and the Bible was born.

I love to read the Bible, It does have some STRONG stuff in it, but when you read the Bible ask (pray) for God to help you understand it. It comes ALIVE to you, it is Amazing.

God does work in mysterious ways and perhaps will someday you will
be drawn to want to know more about Him. I hope for you.

You seem like a very nice person, and that is a very good start.
But God will take you as you are, with all your faults, it also could happen at anytime, anywhere,

His ways are not our ways.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#476943 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Why did God create sin and a creature that could commit sin ?

God by your definition is evil. It stacked the deck and then accused innocent players of cheating.
Ask God ;p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lumajuice 777,402
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 7 min Lumajuice 32
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Rick in Kansas 265,372
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,365
What Is Right With the USA 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 560,139
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ2 37,841
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 96,839
More from around the web