Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476969 Jan 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>You say that only because your belliefs are similar. If he didn't agree with you then you would be bashing him.

Drew is knowledgeable AND egotistical. He and I are very much alike... Probably why we don't get along well.
We used to get along, now you don't talk to me anymore :''(
<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476971 Jan 15, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>oooops there it is!!!!!!!!!! Surprise..surprise!!!!!LOL..Go odnight Brother
Now I have that song stuck in my head...
<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476972 Jan 15, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>HI LW...Thank you. I will go to bed on this one. Luv Ya LW
Sweet dreams Grace <3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476973 Jan 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>So you can go ahead and be bad, and you're still ok?

Don't tell me you won't be bad. CAN you be bad and still remain saved?

This is very interesting.
Not too bad ;p

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#476975 Jan 15, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then He is your SAVIOUR..He saves us and I just dont think that He does a halfway job. So our faith is being exercised...right?:)
But keep in mind what Qu, Skom, myself and others have been telling you..........that faith without works is DEAD. Right?????

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#476976 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Qu :) I'll have a read. I agree, to me, good works just seem to be a by product of having the Holy Spirit within, what we feel like doing, because we feel joyful and giving. Not out of fear but out of love and grace, naturally.
<3
Good early morning JLU, that is a very good description of the fruits of the spirit.

Blessings.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#476977 Jan 15, 2013
Good earrrrrly-bird morning! Scott, Juice... first ones I see in this last page. Unfortunately can't stay long... Lordwilling, can get back in here a little later. But how's everything?

#476978 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the whole anti-Semite thing really. Not much of that here. Aren't the Jewish people "God's chosen"?
The quick and simple answer would be yes but there is more to that wonderful situation...

#476979 Jan 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good early morning JLU, that is a very good description of the fruits of the spirit.
Blessings.
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#476980 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the whole anti-Semite thing really. Not much of that here. Aren't the Jewish people "God's chosen"?
Hey JLU, the Jewish people are God's chosen but now that choice have been extended to the entire human family through the shedded blood of Jesus Christ our lord and saviour, beginning with the house of Cornelius as outlined in the 10th chapter of the book of Acts, but as you probably know regardless of race, creed or color one must still put Christ on through obedience to his Word by repentance and remission of sins.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#476981 Jan 15, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good earrrrrly-bird morning! Scott, Juice... first ones I see in this last page. Unfortunately can't stay long... Lordwilling, can get back in here a little later. But how's everything?
Good early morning my friend, things are good on my end, just my usual waking up a few hours too early, now I will see if I can squeeze another couple of hours of sleep in before starting my day.

How goes it in your world?

#476982 Jan 15, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said it was. I certainly don't take it for granted, but I don't live in the fear that if and when I do fall short that God is going to take away my salvation.
Who knows what mysteries God has yet to reveal? All we can know is what the Bible says and the truth that the Holy Spirit guides us into.
And we should continue to grow and not grow stale and complacent. I truly believe that those who diligently search the scriptures and pray for guidance will be progressively guided into more and more truth. All I can offer is only what I've learned up to and including this point in time. God could reveal something to you or me in the next moment, something that we were unaware of previously. We both know this happens. It's not that I'm right and you're wrong or vice versa, it's that we continue, as instructed, to be diligent and study so that we can be able to resist the wiles of Satan whenever he rears his ugly head. We are all susceptible to temptation and there are times when we all drop our guards and fall. And if the Holy Spirit is truly in us, He will reming us of what and why Jesus did what He did.
If it was obedience that was required, then there would have been no reason for Jesus to come and die for us. All would have to strictly adhere to the laws, and since none of us are able to do this without fail, then we all would be doomed.
We should also take into account that our lives here are unique journeys and God molds us and makes us, refining us as time passes. God could change her mind and/or our minds on any subject at any given time. Correct me if I'm in error, but I do believe that you, I, and many others have shared how God has changed our way of thinking along our spiritual journeys.
I'm not being critical here, Q, but you have a propensity to post studies on this thread as if they are unquestionable truths, and I read them and check them out, even if I don't agree with them. And more often than not I have to research to find the websites you are posting from. I try to keep an open mind so that when the Holy Spirit "speaks" to me I will be able to hear Him. Have you spent some time doing the same? Would you be willing to spend some time at the following link? http://www.matthewmcgee.org/index.html
And I'm not talking about a quick glance but serious study.
I'm not trying to belittle, demean, or declare that I'm absolutely correct and you're absolutely wrong or anyone else for that matter. I just post the resources for the perusal of all. We are supposed to build up our brothers and sisters in Christ not be demeaning and belittling, as if we're some scholarly, Biblical stalwarts who know it all.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
English Standard Version (ESV)
4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Rally gotta go. I was supposed to be off today, but I got a call and have to ref a JV game at Nation Ford HS today.
<<<face_palm> >>

#476983 Jan 15, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
The Revelation of who Mr. Innocence?
Just asking.
Andrew (CS).
The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John..."

Revelatin 1:1

#476984 Jan 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening Qu, sounds to me that these OSAS do not believe in exercising their faith, impossible to please God without it.
I won't say that all of them don't exercise their faith... it's just that some don't want to fully commit to the truth... because if they know it then they would have to fully commit to it. That is why a poster recently said to me that the more I learn the more I would be responsible for. What she said was true but it was also mockery ini part, but I overlooked it. But her saying that reminded me of a person who would rather adhere to an "ignorance is bliss" principle rather than "knowing God and what He wants" and accepting responsibility for one's actions. So that is compromising situation that the demonic teaching of OSAS puts one in. That is why it's okay to them that Le le believes in re-incarnation or another can believe in Aliens. Because with OSAS, it doesn't matter what one believes as long as you accept the Lord Jesus Christ and are saved.

#476985 Jan 15, 2013
Edit ADD: " So that is compromising situation that the demonic teaching of OSAS puts one in."

#476986 Jan 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good early morning my friend, things are good on my end, just my usual waking up a few hours too early, now I will see if I can squeeze another couple of hours of sleep in before starting my day.
How goes it in your world?
Good Bro... I got in from work not too long ago. Enjoying the warmer temps while I can. Loving Jesus every minute of the day I possibly can.

#476987 Jan 15, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question, I wonder if the Lord realised that when He gave John a shout to do just that?
<smiles>
Hi Quin and how's it go...?
But of course as you pointed out in another post this is allegorical, a vision- though it presents visual representation of something which John would be familiar,the Temple in Jerusalem, which ,I propose, existed concurrently with the writing of Revelation. And John unquestioning goes to the task,silence on the matter is deafening,"Measure, What Temple..?"
Now, it has been theorised John being in exile may not have know the Temple was destroyed, but wait...25 yrs. later?(If ones goes by a late date of 95 A.D.) Was John thrown into solitary confinement in 69 A.D.? Doesn't wash.
That's another aside, in what I term "Christian folklore" Patmos is made out to be a barren penal colony, yet archaeological evidence suggest it was anything but. Seems Patmos was a place of commerce and a convenient stop over for those traveling from Rome to places like Ephesus- which was an epicenter of Caesar worship(Gordon Franz, "The King and I:The Historical Setting of Revelation and the Apostle John on Patmos").
I once held to the common eschatological view in most evangelical circles, that of Dispensationalism, but in my course of studies and questioning some of that 'folklore'-my views have changed. Many a believer just accepts what the preacher or Bible teacher espouses and it becomes their 'Christian worldview'. And why not, hey "He's the preacher he's gotta be in the know,right...?"
I don't write this to disparage any with a differing view, this is a "in house debate",after all:)
I also normally don't publicly discuss specifics of eschatology as of late for I found it to 'upset' the sensibilities of some(except for Campingites;),and is not an 'essential'- unlike the efficacy of Christ.Only broached it for a response to Drew. Those that wish further discussion could contact privately.
Hope your evening is going well - Jack
I'm doing good Jack, thanks for the shout. Hope everything is well your way.

As far as Patmos, it was inhabited initially and yes, it was a source of commerce also The original inhabitants left and it later became a prison mining colony for a long while. Ships still did go back and forth to pick up quarry work and such.

Have a good one.

#476988 Jan 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how you try to discredit one's reputation.
Something one of your internet friends shared with me a while back...
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Dare to speak up to a "little wanna be internet preacher"
Will you please stop punching my ankles?
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
as yourself and the lies and slander come out..
You are seriously one troubled human being..
<<<heavy, long sigh while typing>>> I'm fine Le le... May truly receive Salvation one day before it's too late. Bye bye for now.

#476989 Jan 15, 2013
Edit (Le le): "May you truly receive Salvation one day before it's too late. Bye bye for now."

#476990 Jan 15, 2013
Welp, not too much to respond to back there. I saw a few pirahnas who were at the height of having a little feeding frenzy back there but that's about it... didn't want to disturb their mealtime, now lol.

Sending out a new Rev study... Have a good one...

:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 642,096
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Ooogah Boogah 38,932
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Buck Crick 970,171
Play "end of the word" part 2 27 min ImFree2Choose 1,748
Poll Should Brother + Sister marriages be legalized ? (Dec '07) 32 min mahmud 811
Christian Lies Exposed (Sep '07) 47 min Johnny Manziel 45,872
Gay sex in raigarh (Jun '15) 1 hr nitish rathor 712
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 104,781
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web