Why Should Jesus Love Me?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476936 Jan 14, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, I believe His love for us is more the way I see it, before we loved Him, He loved us hence His sacrifice by cruxifiction (I am not sure if I spelled this right, for some reason I can never spell it properly perhaps the languages may have something to do with it I am sorry).
It is okay , my spelling is sometimes wrong, but I know what you meant.

Not sure what you are saying.

Yes, before we loved Him, He loved us. We were drawn to Him.

Am I saying this right?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#476937 Jan 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I feel that when you turn over your LIFE to Christ, you won't
want to be bad. You strive to always show the Christ in you, but if
we do mess up and do something we shouldn't , we have this guilt and we ask God to forgive for that wrong. God will never forsake us or take back this Salvation He has given us. Us ALL.
God knows your Heart and He knows your sincerity., He knows if you are TRULY His child. We change when we accept Christ in our Hearts, we put on a NEW you, we FEEL His presence, mankind can see your good works in Christ. The Holy Spirit will guide you.
God will take you, just as you are, with all your faults, and make a NEW you. It all happens 'within you' you FEEL it.
Cool.

My only problem with it is that I just can't believe in a god, and the Christ thing makes it even more unlikely.

And you know, now and then somebody will doublecross the god and be bad and stay bad.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#476938 Jan 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you haven't been there, you must go to the Art Museum of Brussels. It has the finest collection of Rubens paintings, in my view. Rooms with large paintings of nudes one after another. Rubens is not among my favorites however, I don't connect as well with that era. Rococo on the other hand I find wonderful. Watteau.
Bonsoir mon ami, hence the beauty of preference and variety at work! We have been to Belgium and we have been to the Museum many times, Watteau I like very much. I also have a fondness for the Italian masters as well I like Titian for his strength and vibrancy. I am eclectic when it comes to paintings I also have many copies I have painted from memory of the works of Pablo Picasso, who ironically enough was a friend of Andres Segovia (Sora can tell you about him if you want to know who he is and if you do he can tell you more lol). Victorian painters I am fond of as well. Walter Sickert was one such personality in regards to his being Jack the Ripper I am of the mind that there is notenough evidence and the book written by Patricia Cornwell is not convincing enough due to in part to her own biases. Sora tells me often that as a linguist reasearch must be unbiased and objective and able to see both sides of a debate. she unfortunately did not prove this.

Location hidden

#476939 Jan 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
It is okay , my spelling is sometimes wrong, but I know what you meant.
Not sure what you are saying.
Yes, before we loved Him, He loved us. We were drawn to Him.
Am I saying this right?
Bonsoir mon ami, yes I am.

Location hidden

#476940 Jan 14, 2013
Altissimu, onnipotente bon Signore,
Tue so le laude, la gloria e l'honore et onne benedictione.

Ad Te solo, Altissimo, se konfano,
et nullu homo ène dignu te mentouare.

Laudato sie, mi Signore cum tucte le Tue creature,
spetialmente messor lo frate Sole,
lo qual è iorno, et allumini noi per lui.
Et ellu è bellu e radiante cum grande splendore:
de Te, Altissimo, porta significatione.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per sora Luna e le stelle:
in celu l'ài formate clarite et pretiose et belle.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per frate Uento
et per aere et nubilo et sereno et onne tempo,
per lo quale, a le Tue creature dài sustentamento.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per sor'Acqua,
la quale è multo utile et humile et pretiosa et casta.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per frate Focu,
per lo quale ennallumini la nocte:
ed ello è bello et iucundo et robustoso et forte.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per sora nostra matre Terra,
la quale ne sustenta et gouerna,
et produce diuersi fructi con coloriti fior et herba.

Laudato si, mi Signore, per quelli ke perdonano per lo Tuo amore
et sostengono infirmitate et tribulatione.

Beati quelli ke 'l sosterranno in pace,
ka da Te, Altissimo, sirano incoronati.

Laudato si mi Signore, per sora nostra Morte corporale,
da la quale nullu homo uiuente pò skappare:
guai a quelli ke morrano ne le peccata mortali;
beati quelli ke trouarà ne le Tue sanctissime uoluntati,
ka la morte secunda no 'l farrà male.

Laudate et benedicete mi Signore et rengratiate
e seruiteli cum grande humilitate.

Canticle of the Sun by Saint Francis of Assisi in the original Umbrian dialect

Location hidden

#476941 Jan 14, 2013
Canticle of the Sun In English

Most high, all powerful, all good Lord!
All praise is yours, all glory, all honor, and all blessing.

To you, alone, Most High, do they belong.
No mortal lips are worthy to pronounce your name.

Be praised, my Lord, through all your creatures,
especially through my lord Brother Sun,
who brings the day; and you give light through him.
And he is beautiful and radiant in all his splendor!
Of you, Most High, he bears the likeness.

Be praised, my Lord, through Sister Moon and the stars;
in the heavens you have made them bright, precious and beautiful.

Be praised, my Lord, through Brothers Wind and Air,
and clouds and storms, and all the weather,
through which you give your creatures sustenance.

Be praised, My Lord, through Sister Water;
she is very useful, and humble, and precious, and pure.

Be praised, my Lord, through Brother Fire,
through whom you brighten the night.
He is beautiful and cheerful, and powerful and strong.

Be praised, my Lord, through our sister Mother Earth,
who feeds us and rules us,
and produces various fruits with colored flowers and herbs.

Be praised, my Lord, through those who forgive for love of you;
through those who endure sickness and trial.

Happy those who endure in peace,
for by you, Most High, they will be crowned.

Be praised, my Lord, through our Sister Bodily Death,
from whose embrace no living person can escape.
Woe to those who die in mortal sin!
Happy those she finds doing your most holy will.
The second death can do no harm to them.

Praise and bless my Lord, and give thanks,
and serve him with great humility.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476942 Jan 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
My only problem with it is that I just can't believe in a god, and the Christ thing makes it even more unlikely.
And you know, now and then somebody will doublecross the god and be bad and stay bad.
I understand where you are coming from.

God is a SPIRIT. God sent His only Son, Jesus , to dwell amongst us and to show us our Heavenly Father,

This is where Faith comes in, Faith without seeing , the ones Jesus picked out to be His diciples, got to see Him and Hear His teachings. They captured it for US, and the Bible was born.

I love to read the Bible, It does have some STRONG stuff in it, but when you read the Bible ask (pray) for God to help you understand it. It comes ALIVE to you, it is Amazing.

God does work in mysterious ways and perhaps will someday you will
be drawn to want to know more about Him. I hope for you.

You seem like a very nice person, and that is a very good start.
But God will take you as you are, with all your faults, it also could happen at anytime, anywhere,

His ways are not our ways.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#476943 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Why did God create sin and a creature that could commit sin ?

God by your definition is evil. It stacked the deck and then accused innocent players of cheating.
Ask God ;p

Location hidden

#476944 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>And you can explain why you threatened to rape and murder Annie.

What ever your "god" is, it is less than dung.
Whaaaat?

Location hidden

#476945 Jan 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Juice... Amen.

If you're interested, here is a good study in which Jesus, Paul and Peter refers to "good works". Good works of course doesn't take away from Grace unless one depends on that only for salvation. But Good Works come from Grace. They work hand in hand and are not opposed to the other when in it's proper context. Smile.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/transla...
Thanks Qu :) I'll have a read. I agree, to me, good works just seem to be a by product of having the Holy Spirit within, what we feel like doing, because we feel joyful and giving. Not out of fear but out of love and grace, naturally.
<3

Location hidden

#476946 Jan 14, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>mostly man use his sophisticated advanced words for own benefits, but never give up glorifications from others more less educated.
man use twisted double means words,and alwyas reap glories and famous first to yourselves and then 6266God
Heya Doc :D how's life? I'm ok today, not quite as hot as an oven. Nice to read you as always <3

Location hidden

#476947 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Your own religion contradicts that 100%.
Nuh huh! Extreme intellectualism does.
<3

Location hidden

#476948 Jan 14, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>not born or fetuses dna can be written in the book of lamb slain before foundation of the world Rev 13;8
and predestined according to Gods Grace and His choice,not according to the hearing Gods Word from crips like you,or faken churches Eph 1;3-12

instead encourage him to read Bible,
would be nice if you would start read Bible,and stop teaching your earthly carnal unsaved crap
Pml. Agreed. Nothin' but love for ya Doc.
Praise Jesus!

Location hidden

#476951 Jan 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Nice post. What you had was what I call a spiritual experience.

Many of you Christians here will probably end up disliking me if I remain in this thread long enough, since I am aggressively antiecclesiastical, and argue against things that you consider sacred and precious.

But please note that I actually support you - the humanity in you - and applaud your ability to maintain a spiritual perspective through the filter of Christian theology, which is so often stultifying.
It can be, yes. I can't speak for others, but I love you, you have a bright mind and it's wonderful that you're here, learning, searching and growing.
"God is Love"
<3

Location hidden

#476952 Jan 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>...or... it could be genuinely prophetic. Not only was Luther an anti-semite, but he was also an Antinomianist. Reveletions clearly comes against the OSAS message.

But speaking of anti-semitism... I was thinking about that early this morning. How can a Christian (so-called) hate the Jews when Jesus Himself was Jewish? Now, not all Christians and other peoples who respect Jesus are Anti-semites... but that just never made sense to me even though they and us have different views on who the Messiah was. Something is wrong with that picture in my view. Anyways, just me thoughts.
I don't get the whole anti-Semite thing really. Not much of that here. Aren't the Jewish people "God's chosen"?

Location hidden

#476953 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>No more commandments/sin would make everyone perfect and not need forgiveness at all. That would make a Christ meaningless wouldn't it ?

If one actually believes the Bible is the "Word of God" you would think they would prefer to err on the safe side (obey the commandments) instead of looking for loopholes to commit sin and risk eternal damnation.

This is the reason I doubt that many who claim to be "believers" actually are.

"many are called but few are chosen."
That makes sense :)

Location hidden

#476954 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Correct.

Personaly I can see it as a prophecy against Paul and the Roman Church as well as a prophecy of the Holocaust.
Personally, I can see it doesn't matter.
<3

Location hidden

#476956 Jan 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
Matthew 4:1-11 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness

Jesus said to him (Satan),“Away from me, Satan! For it is written:‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’
Amen <3

Location hidden

#476957 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>Saying this respectfully, it is Revelation, not RevelationS. And we should understand that Revelation is dealing mostly with what is yet to come, which is after this present age. This present age, the Age of Grace, is coming to a close and the Law will be re-instituted as grace in its present form will no longer exist.
Not the "age of aquarius"? Jokes... That was my understanding too Drew, but I've read some posts saying 'it was supposed to have happened in Jesus' lifetime and didn't and that's that.' To me, Jesus is alive but I didn't know how to answer that or how people would get that idea...
<3

Location hidden

#476958 Jan 15, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Is it so simple that it is okay to not warn her of her views of re-incarnation and that not everyone is going to be saved? Or that fornication and the like is wrong? Is Grace really that simple... can God's patience and kindness ever be taken for granted?
No. At least, I don't think so.
<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Nohweh 79,785
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 30 min Joe Fortuna 719
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min AnthonyMN 701,491
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Devil number 666 448,392
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 2 hr thadv14 1
Best cosplay costumes online shop 2 hr Cosplay007 1
Friends signed me up for Latin America singles ... 3 hr anthon64 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752