Comments
458,701 - 458,720 of 599,871 Comments Last updated 20 min ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#476706 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You dope. Sin is simply the behavior of man, IMPERFECT MAN. Your creator god is the root of all sin.
The Bible agrees with you:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." Isaiah 45:7

Funny how so many people who claim the Bible to be "The Word of God" contradict what "God" clearly says.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#476707 Jan 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
the bible says that the just shall live by FAITH and not by " logic and reason"
Your bible is wrong.

You cannot have justice without reason. And nothing stops you from having faith in something unjust. Faith is not a virtue. It's an abdication of your duty to be fair reasonable. If you support Christian theology, you support a monstrous ethic and an absurd metaphysics.

Fennario

#476708 Jan 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
those of us who truly believe knows that the odds are VERY MUCH stacked in our favor so long as we continue to press forward in Christ.
That is incorrect.

[1] It's rather easy to demonstrate that if the universe has a creator god or gods, it's not Jehovah-Jesus. In the book reputed to be his autobiography, which is filled with self-contradictions, failed prophecies, unfulfilled promises, and errors of scientific and historical fact, he calls himself perfect. The book itself is self-refuting.

But let's stipulate to your god's existence anyway. You still won't get eternity in heaven,and I've given you two reasons already:

[2] I showed you at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... that your god's promises are unreliable.

[3] And I showed you at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... why you could not survive an infinity heaven with free will. You will eventually rebel with that free will. That's the bitch about eternity: whatever is possible must happen.

[4] Keep in mind that just looking at a woman with lust is fornicating, or if either of you is married, adultery. Your god said in Revelation 21:8 that liars will be "consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur" with the adulterers, atheists, murderers, and whoremongers.

You may well be judged an unforgiven sinner based on your life - something you forgot to repent -and be cast into the fire with the others. Or maybe the nurse doing your final CPR had huge breasts, and in your weakened state, your last thoughts were impure.

Are you assuming forgiveness for that? Don't. You could be sent to hell just for that. It's arrogant and presumptuous.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#476709 Jan 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Nice to 'meet' you Lucy ~ it is always good to put a face to the people we know :)
Hey Serah :D how's it going?
<3

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#476710 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do. But in relation to the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD, do you believe it was written before or after?
Good Morning Drew, that's good news to hear. It was written late 1st century, early 2nd century according to historical accounts... which would put it after 70AD.

“Saved. ”

#476711 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."
Maybe you should read the Bible someday.
<<<chuckles>> >

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#476712 Jan 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Drew
I always read your posts and links as I find them interesting. Not looking for a drawn out debate but if you are willing I would be curious as to how you feel about the following:
Matthew 28
18Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them ina the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Since this took place after the Sacrifice and was the instructions given for when going out and baptizing all nations which obviously includes Gentiles, why in your opinion would they be instructed to make sure they teach that people must obey all Jesus has commanded of them?
Again, not looking to fight or even debate, just curious as to how you see it
(T) Peace
The passage from Matthew that you quoted is from the NIV. Personally, I don't use the NIV. I start with the KJV, and also use the NKJV and ESV. And so the KJV says:

Matthew 28:18-20, "18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

This is what instructed the disciples to do after His resurrection but before His ascension. So we should remember that this is prior to Jesus' return to Heaven. And, we should also recall that the disciples were expecting Jesus to set up His earthly kingdom in the immediate future, not in the distant future. So the Gospel they were preaching was the kingdom gospel, not the gospel Paul would preach because that was still a mystery. We can't assume or presume the ascension and the disciples surely were unaware of what was to come.

And I don't see in that scripture where Jesus said they were to teach that people must obey all Jesus has commanded of them. Didn't His disciples walk with Him for over three years on this earth and receive His teachings? But did they obey all the things Jesus taught them? I mean, Jesus rebuked them on several occasions which indicates they weren't doing as He instructed them to. Does God require obedience or desire obedience? I do believe that the Bible teaches the latter. And this obedience is not burdensome. It is out of our love for Him in that He loved us first, so I find it natural to be obedient because of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Now that doesn't mean that I am obedient all the time, are you? And in this age, we have Jesus as our advocate before the Father and the Holy Spirit as our guide.

Paul stated that he died daily and so should we, meaning we should crucify the desires of the flesh and walk by the Spirit. We should obey not only the big things but be obedient in every aspect of our lives down to the tiniest issue, like when we are misunderstood, we shouldn't respond with insults of our own, obey when the path laid before us seems unreasonable or uncomfortable, demonstrating faith rather than fear of the unknown, etc.

So I don't believe Jesus ever taught that everything He taught must be obeyed, but He did give us a perfect example to emulate, plus He gave us a Helper in the Holy Spirit which, for me, makes it a whole lot easier to obey and brings joy when I do.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#476713 Jan 14, 2013
The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority.He opened his mouth to blaspheme God and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven.And he was given authority over every tribe,people and nation.All the inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast All whoses names have NOT been written in the book of life belongs to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.

Woe Woe O great city
O Babylon city of power
In one hours your doom has come.

Woe Woe O great city
dressed in fine linen,purple and scarlet
and glittering with gold precious stone and pearls
In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin.

By your magic spell all the nations were led astray In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints and of all who have been killed on earth

The light of the lamp will never shine in you again.

Fennario

#476714 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
So a truly 'once saved' person can constantly commit murder, rape and theft and still get to Heaven, right?
Doctor REALITY wrote:
why would a REAL saved person want to 'constantly' commit those kinds of acts??
Because he was made in the image of a god that orders its people to commit genocides, plunder and rape?

"They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men ... Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder." - Numbers 31:7-18

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#476715 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't believe in the "Once saved, always saved" doctrine ?
if person say they save by the blood and grace of Jesus and have a relationship with Jesus Christ, then go do all the things you say they go do, they was not saved in the first place. they just a sham and lip service. is not what you say that prove you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, is what you do, is how you live you life.

so if this once saved always saved thing mean you claim one thing but take pleasure in sin, then you was not saved to begin with.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#476716 Jan 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning CS, do you espouse the black hebrew aka black israelite beliefs. I pretty much had you in mind when I sent out the black hebrew info about a week ago.
Mr. Innocence, Shalom. I'm starting to think you're not a very kind man because I think I know what you're coming off with. First of all this "Black Hebrew" thing is strange, since the people of Palestine and Judea especially in those days were most certainly not white, the people of the Middle East are also historically not white so a Hebrew is just plainly a Hebrew. It's like asking asking SONY if they had anything to do with the PS3, LOL.

Secondly; I think you're speaking of black Hebrew organizations such as The House of David for one. My answer would be no, though I do know some of them and we share conversations from time to time. I don't believe whites and aisians will be enslaved near the end of time (for this current world), I believe every man who accepts salvation through the Savior and walks within it (whether he or she is white, black, brown, yellow, red or mixed) will gain the Kingdom of The Most High Creator.

Thirdly, though they advocate the speaking of Lashwan Quadash (better termed Lashon HaKodesh) it is not an everyday languuage, it is a set apart or Holy as you would say) language mainly reading the Torah in Hebrew and or Aramaic. Finally, we don't wear the so called Star of David. david never cerated this symbol and the sybol is highly pagan.

I hope now you understand.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#476717 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arguement was based on the ABSENCE of mentioning the Temple destruction:
"One of the main evidences for this is that the destruction is not mentioned or alluded to in Revelation."
Your arguement was faulty, Senecus' was not.
You were in error. I pointed it out and you are unable to admit. Such a fragile ego you have.
Whatever floats your boat, G.

Here is what I originally posted, "Well I used to believe John received the Revelation after the Temple and Jerusalem were destroyed and ravaged in 70 AD, and I'm still studying, but now I am leaning toward it being written before 70 AD. One of the main evidences for this is that the destruction is not mentioned or alluded to in Revelation."

The destruction is in reference to the Temple and Jerusalem. Moreover, I wasn't posting an argument or trying to justify a position, merely stating that I now feel that the Revelation could have been given to John before 70 AD.

Someone who tries to make a fool out of another oftentimes makes a fool out of themselves.- Anonymous

And furthermore, I don't want or need my ego stroked, I Brag only on God.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#476718 Jan 14, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I admire your heart and your knowledge in Christ.
I admire your mind and the gift of knowledge you have..
You are an asset to the Kingdom of God.
A true teacher.
And here you say how simple this free gift of Love is..
How can that possibly be??
It is that God's plan has always been simple and not some tricky obstacle course or advanced degree course that requires super-intellect. Man is the one who tries to make it difficult.

Fennario

#476719 Jan 14, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
it makes absolutely NO SENSE to believe that a person who had never heard the Gospel would lose their soul on Judgement Day. God gave us enough COMMON SENSE to be able to REALIZE that.
You need to have faith. Faith trumps reason and common sense.

Sorry, but if they didn't kiss your gods ass before death, they die with original sin and don't get in. Haven't you read you bible?

This experiment called earth isn't about man. It's about your god, who apparently needs souls that will worship it of their own free will despite a world full of contradictory clues, a horribly flawed bible, a conscience, and the sense of reason. There are no mulligans in heaven. There is no wiggle room. It's clear what the bible god is looking for, and what it doesn't want. It's a black hole of narcissistic need, not a charity.

Fetuses and those born where they never heard of Jesus don't count for any more than the rest of us that didn't worship.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#476720 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
The passage from Matthew that you quoted is from the NIV. Personally, I don't use the NIV. I start with the KJV, and also use the NKJV and ESV. And so the KJV says:
Matthew 28:18-20, "18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
This is what instructed the disciples to do after His resurrection but before His ascension. So we should remember that this is prior to Jesus' return to Heaven. And, we should also recall that the disciples were expecting Jesus to set up His earthly kingdom in the immediate future, not in the distant future. So the Gospel they were preaching was the kingdom gospel, not the gospel Paul would preach because that was still a mystery. We can't assume or presume the ascension and the disciples surely were unaware of what was to come.
And I don't see in that scripture where Jesus said they were to teach that people must obey all Jesus has commanded of them. Didn't His disciples walk with Him for over three years on this earth and receive His teachings? But did they obey all the things Jesus taught them? I mean, Jesus rebuked them on several occasions which indicates they weren't doing as He instructed them to. Does God require obedience or desire obedience? I do believe that the Bible teaches the latter. And this obedience is not burdensome. It is out of our love for Him in that He loved us first, so I find it natural to be obedient because of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Now that doesn't mean that I am obedient all the time, are you? And in this age, we have Jesus as our advocate before the Father and the Holy Spirit as our guide.
Paul stated that he died daily and so should we, meaning we should crucify the desires of the flesh and walk by the Spirit. We should obey not only the big things but be obedient in every aspect of our lives down to the tiniest issue, like when we are misunderstood, we shouldn't respond with insults of our own, obey when the path laid before us seems unreasonable or uncomfortable, demonstrating faith rather than fear of the unknown, etc.
So I don't believe Jesus ever taught that everything He taught must be obeyed, but He did give us a perfect example to emulate, plus He gave us a Helper in the Holy Spirit which, for me, makes it a whole lot easier to obey and brings joy when I do.
So Jesus said a lot of commandments while alive that would be meaningless within a couple years then again said a lot of things that would be meaningless in 40 days, BUT what Paul, Popes and Emperors say is forever ?

IOW, Christianity has nothing to do with what Jesus taught at all.

Agreed.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#476721 Jan 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word being sincere
IMO many skeptics or atheist have never tried this. They are waiting for proof to knock on their door. But doesn't any skeptic worth his salt at least test the situation? So why would one not earnestly seek out God before concluding there is none? IMHO there would be a lot mess atheists if they sincerely sought out God with an open mind and an open heart instead of going into the exercise, which few even do, with the feeling that it is stupid and have pretty much already closed their mind to it. If someone said they sincerely tried to find God and prayed to Him that they may know Him and still didn't believe it would be different. But from my conversations with people anyway, very few if any have done this as they can't get past their initial unbelief to sincerely seek.
well said writer.

This is a grisly mistake I think unbelievers always do. Because I use to think that way as well especially with buddhism. they think that is God job to find them. they think God is their servant instead of they being God's servant. They want God to chase them down like paparazzi and tell them Jesus is me son serve him. me laughing! that is the worse mistake a unbeliever can make. Because God quite happy knowing he supply the bible. you want God, seek God.

And another thing that perplex me with unbelievers. The jesus follower that worship Jesus as God, have to experience a spiritual experience to do that. person cannot worship Jesus on head knowledge alone, they must have had a personal spiritual experience with Jesus Christ.

Yet the unbeliever, that never had that experience, is going to argue with the Christian that had the experience, that they never had the experience and Jesus not God. iyai!

That why unbelievers is strange to me sometimes. I not even know why they waste time have discussion with a Christian. I guess they want to know why Jesus just like me one time. But after they reject Jesus I no know why they can't let go argue with the Christian. it futile, but they can't see that.

“Saved. ”

#476722 Jan 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I agree with that. To me, Grace is wasted if we don't try.
<3
Good Morning Juice... Amen.

If you're interested, here is a good study in which Jesus, Paul and Peter refers to "good works". Good works of course doesn't take away from Grace unless one depends on that only for salvation. But Good Works come from Grace. They work hand in hand and are not opposed to the other when in it's proper context. Smile.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/transla...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#476723 Jan 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>if person say they save by the blood and grace of Jesus and have a relationship with Jesus Christ, then go do all the things you say they go do, they was not saved in the first place. they just a sham and lip service. is not what you say that prove you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, is what you do, is how you live you life.
so if this once saved always saved thing mean you claim one thing but take pleasure in sin, then you was not saved to begin with.
Then many non-Christians are "saved" while most Chrisitans are not.

Agreed.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476724 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
It is that God's plan has always been simple and not some tricky obstacle course or advanced degree course that requires super-intellect. Man is the one who tries to make it difficult.
mostly man use his sophisticated advanced words for own benefits, but never give up glorifications from others more less educated.
man use twisted double means words,and alwyas reap glories and famous first to yourselves and then 6266God

“Love much, trust none”

There

#476725 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever floats your boat, G.
Here is what I originally posted, "Well I used to believe John received the Revelation after the Temple and Jerusalem were destroyed and ravaged in 70 AD, and I'm still studying, but now I am leaning toward it being written before 70 AD. One of the main evidences for this is that the destruction is not mentioned or alluded to in Revelation."
The destruction is in reference to the Temple and Jerusalem. Moreover, I wasn't posting an argument or trying to justify a position, merely stating that I now feel that the Revelation could have been given to John before 70 AD.
Someone who tries to make a fool out of another oftentimes makes a fool out of themselves.- Anonymous
And furthermore, I don't want or need my ego stroked, I Brag only on God.
Your backstroke needs improvement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Anthony MN 538,889
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min JudgeNJury 257,918
Eastbourne weed need (Jan '13) 4 min Finn the Human 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min River Tam 732,880
Last Word + 2 8 min Hannah V 498
"50" BEHEADINGS Next in USA ? (*News) 13 min PDX Dave 2
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min EdmondWA 94,667
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Stilgar Fifrawi 226,320
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••