Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#476742 Jan 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>It was a heavenly vision that John was having in Revelation about the Temple... a spiritual one... heavily symbolic....
Or a Satanic one, or a meaningless one, or he was stoned on opium or cannabis, or he made the whole thing up or it was hidden message to others, etc.

I might as well believe the babble of acid heads and cryptography of spies are th4e "revelations of God".

Note that Revelation was almost banned from the Bible and that Luther said it should be banned as well. So the many of the founders of the Catholic and Protestant churches didn't think it was "inspired".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476743 Jan 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Afternoon Senecus... how could John measure the temple if he is on a secluded island that is a prison mining colony?
Good point. Indicates an allegory of some kind instead of a literalism.
Then, too, it might have been sarcasm refering to measuring something that no longer exists.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#476744 Jan 14, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ.
With the last part, no doubt.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#476745 Jan 14, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
hi frenny
your posts doesn't make any sense.
what are you talking about?
frenny go away,give up, learn Bible and proper english
comprende
That was funny Doc.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#476746 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if we want to be obedient, we all will fail. When we fail we should be repentant.
I don't see how one can seperate the two.
Just a thought.
The only way one can separate the two is if one believes sin isn't sin any longer... therefore there wouldn't be any need for repentance. If there isn't any need for repentance... then the end result of that mind-set is "pride".

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#476747 Jan 14, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the impression you never experienced snow.The avatars are a reflection of me in some measurable way.It snowed here again in the early morning hours.My furry family was asleep and honey was asleep so at one am I slipped on my coat and boots and went for a walk in the snow cold and crunches.lol I left the footprints of the day along the way knowing no one would care soon would disappear under more snow.Tis quite as a church house mouse but even the mouse was tucked away in deep sleep of such a wonderland.
The air sharp and clean brushes the face with a kiss and the cold gives the hugs.God is smiling at his foolish lil one for playin in the snow.Just sharing some thoughts with you Serah is all.God bless.
Nice post. What you had was what I call a spiritual experience.

Many of you Christians here will probably end up disliking me if I remain in this thread long enough, since I am aggressively antiecclesiastical, and argue against things that you consider sacred and precious.

But please note that I actually support you - the humanity in you - and applaud your ability to maintain a spiritual perspective through the filter of Christian theology, which is so often stultifying.

#476748 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Or a Satanic one, or a meaningless one, or he was stoned on opium or cannabis, or he made the whole thing up or it was hidden message to others, etc.
I might as well believe the babble of acid heads and cryptography of spies are th4e "revelations of God".
Note that Revelation was almost banned from the Bible and that Luther said it should be banned as well. So the many of the founders of the Catholic and Protestant churches didn't think it was "inspired".
...or... it could be genuinely prophetic. Not only was Luther an anti-semite, but he was also an Antinomianist. Reveletions clearly comes against the OSAS message.

But speaking of anti-semitism... I was thinking about that early this morning. How can a Christian (so-called) hate the Jews when Jesus Himself was Jewish? Now, not all Christians and other peoples who respect Jesus are Anti-semites... but that just never made sense to me even though they and us have different views on who the Messiah was. Something is wrong with that picture in my view. Anyways, just me thoughts.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#476749 Jan 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Drew, that's good news to hear. It was written late 1st century, early 2nd century according to historical accounts... which would put it after 70AD.
So, in essence, we can't say with all certainty.
Adam

#476750 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did God create sin and a creature that could commit sin ?
God by your definition is evil. It stacked the deck and then accused innocent players of cheating.
This demon is trying to make Jesus look like a Idol calling him his "god". He is far away from the reality.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476751 Jan 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>The only way one can separate the two is if one believes sin isn't sin any longer... therefore there wouldn't be any need for repentance. If there isn't any need for repentance... then the end result of that mind-set is "pride".
No more commandments/sin would make everyone perfect and not need forgiveness at all. That would make a Christ meaningless wouldn't it ?

If one actually believes the Bible is the "Word of God" you would think they would prefer to err on the safe side (obey the commandments) instead of looking for loopholes to commit sin and risk eternal damnation.

This is the reason I doubt that many who claim to be "believers" actually are.

"many are called but few are chosen."

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#476752 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your backstroke needs improvement.
Someone who tries to make a fool out of another oftentimes makes a fool out of themselves.- Anonymous

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476753 Jan 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>...or... it could be genuinely prophetic. Not only was Luther an anti-semite, but he was also an Antinomianist. Reveletions clearly comes against the OSAS message.
But speaking of anti-semitism... I was thinking about that early this morning. How can a Christian (so-called) hate the Jews when Jesus Himself was Jewish? Now, not all Christians and other peoples who respect Jesus are Anti-semites... but that just never made sense to me even though they and us have different views on who the Messiah was. Something is wrong with that picture in my view. Anyways, just me thoughts.
Thanks for the red herrings.

<face palm>

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#476754 Jan 14, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
mostly man use his sophisticated advanced words for own benefits, but never give up glorifications from others more less educated.
I don't think that we'll need to worry about that from you, Tarzan.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476755 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.

Personaly I can see it as a prophecy against Paul and the Roman Church as well as a prophecy of the Holocaust.

#476756 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So a truly 'once saved' person can constantly commit murder, rape and theft and still get to Heaven, right ?
God only knows their heart G, who are we to judge?

;)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476757 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who tries to make a fool out of another oftentimes makes a fool out of themselves.- Anonymous
Thanks for your example.
Adam

#476758 Jan 14, 2013
@Doctor REALITY

REPENT,GIVE YOUR LIFE TO God (Allah)NOW

1. The First Commandment
I am the Lord God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me.

2.The Second Commandment
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.-Isaiah 42:8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the abominable, as for murderers,

fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in

the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death

Revelation 21:8

Turn to me and&#65279; be saved,all you to the ends of the earth;for i am God,and there is no other

--Isaiah 45:22

#476759 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we can... John clearly says in the first chapter that he was on the island of Patmos for his testimony.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#476760 Jan 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Doctor REALITY
REPENT,GIVE YOUR LIFE TO God (Allah)NOW
1. The First Commandment
I am the Lord God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me.
2.The Second Commandment
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.-Isaiah 42:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the abominable, as for murderers,
fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in
the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death
Revelation 21:8
Turn to me and&#65279; be saved,all you to the ends of the earth;for i am God,and there is no other
--Isaiah 45:22
Just accept your mortality you snivelling little coward.

#476762 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the red herrings.
<face palm>
lol... no G, truly... I was thinking that earlier and your mentioning of Luther reminded me of it again. But of course, some believe the Revelation to be disingenous (sp?) but I believe it to be a true revelation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Phooey 683,530
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min Clearwater 15,196
Venting Against FAKE Americans 38 min Well Hello 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min Gabriel 982,999
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr Unga Bunga Malunga 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dees Nhutz 286,521
Tribute Wife's DDD's! 4 hr Orangestar4189 1
More from around the web