Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#476722 Jan 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I agree with that. To me, Grace is wasted if we don't try.
<3
Good Morning Juice... Amen.

If you're interested, here is a good study in which Jesus, Paul and Peter refers to "good works". Good works of course doesn't take away from Grace unless one depends on that only for salvation. But Good Works come from Grace. They work hand in hand and are not opposed to the other when in it's proper context. Smile.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/transla...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#476723 Jan 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>if person say they save by the blood and grace of Jesus and have a relationship with Jesus Christ, then go do all the things you say they go do, they was not saved in the first place. they just a sham and lip service. is not what you say that prove you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, is what you do, is how you live you life.
so if this once saved always saved thing mean you claim one thing but take pleasure in sin, then you was not saved to begin with.
Then many non-Christians are "saved" while most Chrisitans are not.

Agreed.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476724 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
It is that God's plan has always been simple and not some tricky obstacle course or advanced degree course that requires super-intellect. Man is the one who tries to make it difficult.
mostly man use his sophisticated advanced words for own benefits, but never give up glorifications from others more less educated.
man use twisted double means words,and alwyas reap glories and famous first to yourselves and then 6266God

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476725 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever floats your boat, G.
Here is what I originally posted, "Well I used to believe John received the Revelation after the Temple and Jerusalem were destroyed and ravaged in 70 AD, and I'm still studying, but now I am leaning toward it being written before 70 AD. One of the main evidences for this is that the destruction is not mentioned or alluded to in Revelation."
The destruction is in reference to the Temple and Jerusalem. Moreover, I wasn't posting an argument or trying to justify a position, merely stating that I now feel that the Revelation could have been given to John before 70 AD.
Someone who tries to make a fool out of another oftentimes makes a fool out of themselves.- Anonymous
And furthermore, I don't want or need my ego stroked, I Brag only on God.
Your backstroke needs improvement.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476726 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
It is that God's plan has always been simple and not some tricky obstacle course or advanced degree course that requires super-intellect...
Your own religion contradicts that 100%.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#476727 Jan 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not.
Why do you think that giving man free choice was loving, given what you believe about heaven and hell? That's not a gift. ThatÂ’s a death sentence for billions. According to your theology, free will result in all unsaved souls - over 90% of all souls ever created - making the wrong decision, and suffering gratuitous agony for eternity, including me, and maybe you, too, if you slip up right before the end, or screw up in heaven and get tossed out like the rebellious angels (see below).
Of course, I don't believe that your god exists. In fact, I know it doesn't. It cannot. But if it did, I'd much, much rather have been created with your god's will in my head, not a free will. It would feel exactly the same - I'd have a thought or a desire, and then act on it, just like I do now, except that I would always want the thing that was best for me. That would be a gift, not free will and hell. Where's the loss to me to want what I should want? None. Yet the gain would be infinite.
Why would a loving god give his children free will, knowing that it will cost most of them so much? The usual answer is, "Would you rather be a robot?" which appears to be your answer as well. If so, I'd rebut that the existence that I've just described would feel no more robotic than this one, and would guarantee my salvation.
These are the kinds of errors in your theology that betray its human origin. A good god would do just as I suggested.
So what happens in heaven? Do you expect to still have free will there like the angels that rebelled? If so, what makes you think that you can stay there? It's inevitable that you will eventually rebel get cast into hell. A third of the angels failed that test already even after meeting the god and experiencing life in heaven. Given infinite time, so will you.
Every soul admitted into heaven with free will will eventually rebel and be cast out. How long do you think you can hold out? A billion years? A billion billion years? How about that a billion times over? Who can last that long? Maybe one person. Could he do it twice? Ten times? A billion times?
As Woody Allen noted, "Eternity is really long, especially near the end." Eventually, one day, everybody weakens. So, if I'm wrong and your god actually exists, I'll see you in hell.
Or maybe you think that once you get to heaven, you will lose your free will in heaven. Will you be a robot then? That makes zero sense. Why would your god got to such great lengths to get people who will worship him of their own free will, and then remove that from them.
This theology flunks the stink test twice.
but wait, this new thing.

is first I see someone say they would rather God made them a robot to serve him only than give free moral choice.

that not love writer. love can only happen if you have choice. if God made you robot to love him then you is a slave. why you want to be slave? slavery no abolish 1862 in america. slavery is cruel and inhumane thing. why you would want that?

God made the human to love him. and for the human to love god, they must have free moral choice writer.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476728 Jan 14, 2013
<quoted text>
You need to have faith. Faith trumps reason and common sense.
Sorry, but if they didn't kiss your gods ass before death, they die with original sin and don't get in. Haven't you read you bible?
This experiment called earth isn't about man. It's about your god, who apparently needs souls that will worship it of their own free will despite a world full of contradictory clues, a horribly flawed bible, a conscience, and the sense of reason. There are no mulligans in heaven. There is no wiggle room. It's clear what the bible god is looking for, and what it doesn't want. It's a black hole of narcissistic need, not a charity.
Fetuses and those born where they never heard of Jesus don't count for any more than the rest of us that didn't worship.
not born or fetuses dna can be written in the book of lamb slain before foundation of the world Rev 13;8
and predestined according to Gods Grace and His choice,not according to the hearing Gods Word from crips like you,or faken churches Eph 1;3-12

instead encourage him to read Bible,
would be nice if you would start read Bible,and stop teaching your earthly carnal unsaved crap

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#476729 Jan 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then many non-Christians are "saved" while most Chrisitans are not.
Agreed.
I not into the religion thing. Christian is religion. Jesus never invent the Christian, that roman thing. I rather say Jesus follower. So it no matter if they Christian or not Christian, they follow and worship Jesus, they save.

But if they call themselves Jesus follower and go do all you say, then they not no Jesus follower, them is just sham.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#476730 Jan 14, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour mon ami, I do not know. Perhaps it is because as time passes we become set in our ways at least this is my opinion. What do you think? Shalom!
I agree. Stubborn and set in our ways is definitely what makes adults difficult to teach. I think some people are also wicked and deceitful in their hearts because they know the truth, have evidence of the truth but persists in doing otherwise. So you have the stubborn and the wicked; it is harsh but no credit to either one.

Shalom and Love,

Andrew (CS).
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476731 Jan 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>but wait, this new thing.
is first I see someone say they would rather God made them a robot to serve him only than give free moral choice.
that not love writer. love can only happen if you have choice. if God made you robot to love him then you is a slave. why you want to be slave? slavery no abolish 1862 in america. slavery is cruel and inhumane thing. why you would want that?
God made the human to love him. and for the human to love god, they must have free moral choice writer.
hi frenny
your posts doesn't make any sense.
what are you talking about?

frenny go away,give up, learn Bible and proper english
comprende

#476732 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I used to believe John received the Revelation after the Temple and Jerusalem were destroyed and ravaged in 70 AD, and I'm still studying, but now I am leaning toward it being written before 70 AD. One of the main evidences for this is that the destruction is not mentioned or alluded to in Revelation.
As far as where I've been, I officiate high school, middle school and rec league basketball, and the season is going strong right now. So with two varsity (girls and boys) dates per week, one to three middle school and JV games per week plus rec league on Saturdays, I'm pretty busy, so my time on here is limited. I've tried to read along, but I just haven't had time to post.
Thanks for asking, and it's good to be missed.
It was a heavenly vision that John was having in Revelation about the Temple... a spiritual one... heavily symbolic.

Believers fitted together make up the "living stones" of that temple. Apostle Paul alluded to it in Eph. 2:21

#476733 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I am soooooo thankful for His grace.
Brag on God.
Amen...
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476734 Jan 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Your bible is wrong.
You cannot have justice without reason. And nothing stops you from having faith in something unjust. Faith is not a virtue. It's an abdication of your duty to be fair reasonable. If you support Christian theology, you support a monstrous ethic and an absurd metaphysics.
but your bambling are more worse from Bible realations and Morla law

your brain interpreatation of Bibe, put you higher from Bible writers and Moral Laws given to whole mankind
YOU ARE SIMPLE IDIOT.

If for you biblical ethics are monstrous,
then go ahead and f.....your own ass by carrot,or second d....

or if you women change every day new d....and sometimes your new moral ethic can draw you to be f....by dog,
and stick your head in the full barrel of alcohol,or cheap drugs

THIS IS YOUR MORAL ETHICS HAVING NOTHING TO DO WITH HIGH MORAL BIBLICAL STANDARD

god take basic courses,instead bambling bul...

#476735 Jan 14, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
YIKES!
I think you would like to see everyone at each other's throats.
So you continue to throw out accusations and such as the above-
to keep a pulpit of one here--yours!
And ofcourse when it suits you- everyone who agrees w you..
is ok in your judgement.
Just like how you throw out the -cindy card- you want to create doubt
in any poster that disagrees with your ideals..
I believe you to be laughable and I always have.
Oh, just go back to your anal sex topix thread...

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#476736 Jan 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, I absolutely agree.
Although I tend to see a lot of those that left the faith or that "burned" by the faith be more agnostic then atheist. Most atheist I know have always been atheist
But I would say two things
1) Nothing man does has any impact on whether God exists so I don't think that should be a factor and
2) By definition a skeptic normally will test a situation. I am not saying test every situation as that would be silly. If one person told them eating spiders can give you x-ray vision I wouldn't expect them to test that. But we have no explanation for how life began. All life that we know of has been created by other life. And we have never replicated life from non-life. Add that to the fact that the vast, vast, vast majority of people since the dawn of man have believed in a higher power and I have to believe the search for God would be something a skeptic would at least sincerely test
And again, people have every right to whatever beliefs they have or don't have. I am just saying when someone says they are a skeptic and never bothered looking it doesn't surprise then that they didn't find anything. And I am curious why one wouldn't test it if they are a skeptic
But whether they want to or not is obviously their choice. But when they compare God to the eater bunny or things like that I think it is silly. No adult believes the Easter Bunny created life nor has most of mankind believed the Easter Bunny is real while in contrast they believe in a higher power. If someone is going to mock something I would think at minimum this would be a situation they would at least check out for themselves first.
And of course I think it would be to their benefit if they did. But that is very different than saying they don't have a right to their beliefs or lack of beliefs because I think all people do
(T) Peace
Bonjour Skombolis agreed.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#476737 Jan 14, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I was looking at some California sunset photos the other day on trekearth.com ,and I came across this one beautiful photo of the sun setting on this beach. And way back in the background was this tiny speck of 'something' that I couldn't make out. So I zoomed in on it,and sure enough,it was a person. I mean, when I looked at the glory of the Pacific ocean and the blazing glory of the setting sun,and how that man's presence was like looking at an ant,yes,it's obvious: man IS nothing more than a small,insignificant part of the Lord's eternal world.
That's your deep Christian misanthropy at work. You have been taught to see man as failed, fallen, flawed, worthless, and less than an ant in the eyes of your god, through which eyes you are expected to also judge your worth as naught. So, like most Christians, you speak ill of your own species.

If there were another intelligent species living on this planet, and it spoke about mankind the way that you Christians do, there would be contention. Why non-Christians don't reject your anti-human message with equal outrage and contempt is an enigma.

==========

Furthermore, you employ the fallacy of scale. Man's apparent significance is maximal at the scale of his daily existence - a few cubic kilometers over a few thousand square miles for a few minutes at a time for a few decades. If you consider scales of magnitude that are too great, man vanishes. There is little sign of life on earth from the space station. Regarding the photo of the ant man, you didn't zoom in inadequately.

Likewise, you can get too close - zoom in too much. If you do, you will once again lose sight of the glory that is man once you hit the organ or tissue level.

And there's not even a sign of life at the subatomic level. Protons in a brain are indistinguishable from protons in a rock.

You can do this with time as well. Man doesn't matter at the scale of nanoseconds, or over billions of years. Even of we don't destroy ourselves, our descendents will cease being Homo sapiens eventually.

Christians like to employ this fallacy with comments like, "in the grand scheme of things and over all time, the atheist's life has no meaning or purpose."

That's correct. So what? We don't experience life at that scale either.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#476738 Jan 14, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
let me tell you
semities hebrews are modern ARABS included to them also Jews YOU IDIOT?
read ancient coppies of Esra
maybe your brain will be able to recognize same meaning Allah and Jews name Yahveh
it is same like arabs hebrews semities say Salam
but Jews says Shalom
it is same race like Dutch with Germans,german say gut nacht,and dutch says got nocht
or slovacs with poles?slovacs says dupek
polacs says dupka
Semitic hebrews today arabs says Allah Jews says YHVH
you are incredible brain washed idiot,
not only zionistic pagan but also dumb butt
Quin gave you proper name of G-D written by ancient semitic writters
same hagar and her son Ishmael were from one father Abraham and were hebrews semities like today from them are ARABS,Quaran and same father of all hebrews ABRAHAM
MY MY MY
your stupidity reach high scraper of Ny federal building
I won't be dragged into an insulting tit-for-tat with you, because apparently you don't know yourself not do you have any respect for anyone else except yourself.

You said Allah Yahweh, and I called you out for that terrible error and blasphemy. You also spoke of islam which had nothing to do with my statement hence, what you're saying makes no sense.

Finally, you have difficulty grasping either English or Hebrew so why do you talk more and listen less? Do you believe you intimidate people? Do you believe you intimidate me? Keep deluding yourself. When you learn to get your informations straight then I may feel your posts make sense.

And besides, no one is impressed by you making your sock-puppets score you high marks for your posts, because those little icons over your posts don't impress me in the least bit nor do they impress anyone else.

Shalom.

Counter_Strike.

#476739 Jan 14, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation written before 70 A.D. Say it aint so! You'll be branded a heretic!(er, like me~) I jest , but slightly because, I came to the same conclusion a while ago now.
Not only is the destruction not mentioned , but John, in Rev. 11:1,2; is told to measure the temple of God... as if it's still standing. How could this be if it's a post 70 A.D. writing ?
Good Afternoon Senecus... how could John measure the temple if he is on a secluded island that is a prison mining colony?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476740 Jan 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I not into the religion thing. Christian is religion. Jesus never invent the Christian, that roman thing. I rather say Jesus follower. So it no matter if they Christian or not Christian, they follow and worship Jesus, they save.
But if they call themselves Jesus follower and go do all you say, then they not no Jesus follower, them is just sham.
Agreed

#476741 Jan 14, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been more than apparent many times in my life, too, RA. It doesn't allow us to escape God's chastening hand, but it protects us from His eternal judgement, as we understand the Gospel today.
Saying this respectfully, that would be false according to the scriptures... that is, if you are referring to Once Saved Always Saved doctrine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Whiskey Ben Solo 18,136
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 684,021
harthside COOKIES 5 min C eh N eh D eh 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min Aerobatty 983,396
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 4 hr Mikeylikesit 29
Any women like to sit on guys faces and fart? (Feb '15) 6 hr Jimjim3100 21
Testing. 8 hr ImPeach 3
More from around the web