“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#476566 Jan 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice, madame.
Sometime, we should talk a little about Liszt, his relationship with Chopin, how Chopin helped Liszt. I have a wonderful story about it, but insufficient energy at this time of day to tell it well. I will remind myself at another time. Both Chopin and Liszt are great favorites of mine, I think I have mentioned it.
Bonsoir mon ami, yes I would like that very much. Whenever you are ready. I hope your energy levels peak to normal :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#476567 Jan 13, 2013
Edit 2: Red Apples

And do you know someone else I didn't call out direct for doing it? YOU. I didn't say a word to John. I sat back as you went to the well that you do so often that drives me nuts but I held my tongue. I watched as you sided with people and attacked Quin and Lawest and CS and BLL and I didn't say a word to you. I watched as you posted things I didn't believe over and over again and didn't say a word to you. And when you started to reply to my posts to others with scriptures I answered respectfully. And when you questioned prior about people on the other side saying some of the same things I said I thought that was just as wrong and reminded you I said that a few times already. I even admitted my own culpability in some of the negative generalizing

So I went out of my way not to make make it personal between us and not even engage you. You came looking for this fight with me John. You were the one who decided to go negative about me. And here we are.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476568 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, that James was a pillar of the Church, even being mentioned first by Paul, recorded at Galatians 2:9. But, in this, I don't believe that any had prominence over the next. I believe that all the apostles were made bishops. Now, I must ask you...
Do you also believe that heaven and earth were created specifically for James? I ask, because according to what's written, "For by [our anointed Savior] all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by [our anointed Savior] and for [our anointed Savior].
And now, we see why certain documents weren't accepted.
sir
name James never existed or exist till today among semitic and far east 1st names
King James was gay King,and pervert,
his name is on Bible,but he never translate Bible,only his scholars translated this

james is english pervert name of old english

far east,semities and Europa never call James
only
Jacub,Jacob,Jacobo,Jackobus ect

and at Bible letters are from apostle Jacob or Jacobus,not from James
understood you self made believer?and not so good educated as biblical scholar

Location hidden

#476569 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine he would. I certainly think he would have mentioned it if that were the case although why not teach what would apply after the sacrifice in the first place if that changed us needing to follow what he had been currently teaching?
I think Jesus fully expected His teachings to be followed after the sacrifice and said as much to his disciples in Matthew 28
(T) Peace
Hi Skom..
Happy New Year!
:)

Just wondering..

-do you believe we find Christ.. or does He find us??
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476570 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And I would add John that while I certainly don't condone it and have spoken out against it many times, when it is you and those you are siding with dragging the conversations into the gutter I can't say I am surprised that is where they stay.
Of course someone's natural reaction to someone attacking them and saying they are of the devil (when that same person refuses to so much as interpret scripture) might be to respond if anybody is of the devil it is you
And like I have maintained throughout, I am against it when anybody does it, and no I am not going play police officer to every post but will certainly address it when it is being said to me as is only natural, I feel there is more responsibility towards the person that dragged the conversation into the gutter in the first place
Now no matter how many times someone tells me I am of the devil I have never said it back. I have a lot of faults but that line I won't cross. But you really don't see more culpability towards the people who INITIATE the "you are of the devil" well during any scriptural differences ? Of course you don't because you are the one that does it.
I wonder of people like you remarks and complains about someone who say"you are from devil"or I am from devil"etc....

skom those people who say like this?
they are able to remove you from Family of God if God adopted you to His heavenly family?

they are able to destroy your spiritual faith and Gods blessings?
they are able to underestimate your spiritual skills calling like this?

skom?
just don'behave like child and cry

just those who despise others or you spew at them,shake dust from you shoes and leave them alone

Gods believers have nothing to do with table of devil full of viomits consumed by devil children 24 hours a day

Just be cool Skom'and grow daily like each of us loving Lord above all others things
God bless you Skom
good night

Location hidden

#476573 Jan 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom..
Happy New Year!
:)
Just wondering..
-do you believe we find Christ.. or does He find us??
Hey LeLe!

Happy New Year to you to:)

I believe when Christ died on the Cross he drew all men to him (and thru Him to the Father)

John 12:32
"But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

And when man feels that pull then he in return seeks out God

Luke 11:9
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

Matthew 6:33
“Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”

Acts 17:27
so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

Matthew 7:7-8
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

(T) Peace
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476574 Jan 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I admire your heart and your knowledge in Christ.
I admire your mind and the gift of knowledge you have..
You are an asset to the Kingdom of God.
A true teacher.
And here you say how simple this free gift of Love is..
How can that possibly be??
instead admire human beings
please?
start leav your body filth and throw to the dumpster,
and start admire only GOD,HIS BEGOTTEN SON JESUS CHRIST WHO ONLY HE IS GREAT TEACHER AND DOOR TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.JOHN 14;6

I ASSURE YOU DREW IS OK, BUT HE IS NOT GREAT TEACHER OR ASSET TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

none of the human saved by God is any asset to Eternal Kingdom of God

you sound like poor arecked creature full of earthly filthy sins,mhaving not idea what is to be save and work of faith,or Kingom of God

boom,
I am waiting for your upseting false anyway accusations

have good night and sweet dreams,if it is possible for you to have sweet dreams

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#476575 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
How the exchanges go don't surprise me
Tell someone else their beliefs are of the devil
Refuse to interpret scripture
Then claim to be the victim
look for people to side with who like doing the same
This has been going on since i got here. And Lord knows there are beliefs others have that people could go after easily but the whole premise of that is just stupid. I don't care if someone believes differently than me. Although I like to know why and often I learn things from debates. But I done dealing with 'adults' who are not capable of adult exchanges.
If people are so insecure or egotistical that someone believing differently causes them to resort to silly accusations and feigning ignorance to ignore answering scripture then knowing Topix they will not have a hard time finding people who will love that sort of thing and will sit around and tell each other they are going to hell or are of the devil. After 3 years I thought perhaps we might have been past it but so long as some people refuse to change then things will stay the same
I can't imagine when the Bible was written and it said scripture was meant for correction, teachings, and training in righteousness that the intent was to sit around and accuse other believers of being of the devil. Just childish nonsense.
As of now, I'm really only interested in seeing how the interpretation of the verses we quote remain harmonious with the interpretation of the verses they quote. And if our interpretations are erroneous, then how? If our interpretations are erroneous, then why compromise their meaning? How does the term "if" not indicate a stipulation?

These are just some of the questions I'm more concerned about.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#476576 Jan 13, 2013
CORRECTION: If our interpretations aren't erroneous, then why compromise their meaning?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476578 Jan 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Then you need to read Revelation 22-19.
Hi
DO DO COCKODOO MR HYDE ANIMAL TEETH,and little poor cockroach brain?

time to go sleep for you ,you old ungodly prick

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#476579 Jan 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Then you need to read Revelation 22-19.
What?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476580 Jan 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I meant Revelation 20-12.
start read Bible,you mouse brain, unsaved old crip

this passage at first apply to you,
you will receive proper reward for your pile of work fully of s... lies,insults,blasphemies and eating pork daily
hum

Location hidden

#476581 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LeLe!
Happy New Year to you to:)
I believe when Christ died on the Cross he drew all men to him (and thru Him to the Father)
John 12:32
"But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."
And when man feels that pull then he in return seeks out God
Luke 11:9
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Matthew 6:33
“Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”
Acts 17:27
so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
Matthew 7:7-8
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
(T) Peace
Right..

I agree.. yet how then if He finds us..
How could He lose us?

Just have a hard time believing any will be lost.

Even if it takes one hundred life times--
I believe no one will ever perish!!

Just can't justify the lost and chemically ill and abused and
mentally challenged "perps"..not ever feeling the Love of God..
The babies starving-- I couldn't ever eat again if I believed
their live's were all for naught..
Could you?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476582 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
CORRECTION: If our interpretations aren't erroneous, then why compromise their meaning?
your delusioanl interpreatations for sure will not open gates of heavens

you sound as not saved at all
by yors specualtive interpreatations underestimating and denying some Bible writting or whole biblical values of apostolic foundation of Godhead Jesus Church

now you can depart with all your selfish glory of your famous own church above whole mankind 7 billions,
and
interpretation of Bible of your holy church founded by you on the sand of your own mind

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#476583 Jan 13, 2013
Jesus promises the Holy Spirit.

If you love me you will obey what I command.And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Couselor to be with you forever.
The spirit of truth.The world cannot accept him because if neither sees him nor knows him.But you know him for he lives with you and will be in you.
I will not leave you as orphans.I will come to you.Before long the world will not see me anymore,but you will see me.Because I live you also will live.On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and your are in me and I am in you.Whoever has my commands and obey them he is the one who loves me.He who loves me will be loved by my Father and I too will love him and show myself to him.Then Judas(not Judas Iscariot) said,But Lord why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world.Jesus replied If anyone loves me he will obey my teachings.My Father will love him and we will come to him and make our home with him.He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.Theses words you hear are not my own;they belong to the Father who sent me.All this I have spoken while still with you.But the counselor the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.Peace I leave with you my peace I give to you I don not give to you as the world gives.Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.You heard me say I am going away and I am coming back to you.If you love me you would be glad that I am going to the Father for the Father is greater than I.I have told you now before it happens so that when it does happen you will believe.I will not speak with you much longer,for the prince of this world is coming.He has no hold on me,but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded of me.Com e now let us leave.

Location hidden

#476584 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>As of now, I'm really only interested in seeing how the interpretation of the verses we quote remain harmonious with the interpretation of the verses they quote. And if our interpretations are erroneous, then how?
These are just some of the questions I'm more concerned about.
Honestly, while I understand why you would want to know as I do also and while it would be nice if such conversations were possible where we could look at a verse and try to dig into its meaning and have someone explain how it is they see it, I know that isn't going to happen.

You can ask as respectfully as you want and you post will simply be ignored and that is the best case scenario. I have tried for years and I generally just get things like suggestions I study the Bible or check out some link or bible study or I get the same one or two verses back in return while any number of dozens upon dozens of verses that I feel shows something different are not discussed. What you won't get back is anything personal from them even though they had no problem telling you why your beliefs make you not a "real Christian"

The worse case scenario ranges anywhere to accusations from being blind, to not being led by the Spirit, to not trusting in Christ to being of the devil. But in all scenarios what you won't get back is an actual interpretation of the verses you are asking about. And someone doesn't need to be a biblical scholar simply to say what it is they think a verse is saying or to offer their interpretation.

I have never understood it. I admit it is frustrating as it isn't someone having a different interpretation that bothers me but its that they refuse to share it yet still feel very comfortable in calling you blind. One would think if a person truly thought another believer was blinded from the truth they would do all they could to show them how it is they are interpretation the verse in question incorrectly. But helping someone or the truth being the goal above all else and not loyalty to our personal beliefs is often not the goal IMO.

Sometimes i believe the problem is people don't want to admit what they actually believe because they think others may view them differently. And other times i think they simply don't have an answer. One would think in either case it would lessen the likelihood of someone continuing to take the position that they are in the possession of the truth while all who disagrees are blind as to me it would be impossible to maintain that level of egotism while refusing to address scripture. But to my amazement it seems to only encourage more of the same kind of responses

I find it embarrassing to say but if you are looking for honest and sincere scriptural debate were opposing beliefs doesn't make one the enemy but rather creates an opportunity for two people to sit down and have an in-depth discussion where they come away understanding why the other person believes as they do then you are in the wrong room and probably on the wrong site altogether. For as long as I can remember this room has resorted back to "I am a better believer than you".

When I first came here Thumper (an older poster) said anyone eve claiming to be Catholic should be challenged as their connection to Catholicism means their beliefs are not of God. And while we made short strides for the better or so I thought, what really happened is we just don't use denomination any more to stereotype. We just tell the individual they are blind or of the devil.

You won't get any answers mt friend. I think the reasons speak for themselves but I no longer even care what they are any more. For a while things were peaceful as people just agreed not to talk about anything controversial. But that is as good as it is ever going to get. I have never refused to give an interpretation in my life to someone willing to have a reciprocal exchange. It is what it is I guess. Well calling it a night (T) Peace

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#476585 Jan 13, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
You may use it J-lu, may I call you J-lu? Anything I post can be used by anyone.
Time for me to turn in. Until next time, bask in His Word and Brag on God!
Absolutely, you can call me that :)
I'll try my best Drew, sweet dreams.
Brag on God <3

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#476586 Jan 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
Right..
How could He lose us?
Could you?
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Don't you worry yourself, Le_le. Every single person's been given a chance. But, for those that don't accept Him...

He's longsuffering, but He won't wait forever.

Location hidden

#476587 Jan 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Right..
How could He lose us?
Could you?
Well I don't personally think it is a matter of God "losing us". I think people make willful decisions...

Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

2Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

John 3:36
And anyone who believes in God's Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn't obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God's angry judgment."

1 John 3:17-18
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

Matthew 25:44-46
"They also will answer,'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' "He will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

...and those decisions have consequences. I would never presume to speak for God's judgement. But I don't believe everyone will be saved although I believe everyone can be

(T) Peace

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#476588 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Honestly, while I understand why you would want to know as I do also and while it would be nice if such conversations were possible where we could look at a verse and try to dig into its meaning and have someone explain how it is they see it, I know that isn't going to happen.
You can ask as respectfully as you want and you post will simply be ignored and that is the best case scenario. I have tried for years and I generally just get things like suggestions I study the Bible or check out some link or bible study or I get the same one or two verses back in return while any number of dozens upon dozens of verses that I feel shows something different are not discussed. What you won't get back is anything personal from them even though they had no problem telling you why your beliefs make you not a "real Christian"
The worse case scenario ranges anywhere to accusations from being blind, to not being led by the Spirit, to not trusting in Christ to being of the devil. But in all scenarios what you won't get back is an actual interpretation of the verses you are asking about. And someone doesn't need to be a biblical scholar simply to say what it is they think a verse is saying or to offer their interpretation.
I have never understood it. I admit it is frustrating as it isn't someone having a different interpretation that bothers me but its that they refuse to share it yet still feel very comfortable in calling you blind. One would think if a person truly thought another believer was blinded from the truth they would do all they could to show them how it is they are interpretation the verse in question incorrectly. But helping someone or the truth being the goal above all else and not loyalty to our personal beliefs is often not the goal IMO.
Sometimes i believe the problem is people don't want to admit what they actually believe because they think others may view them differently. And other times i think they simply don't have an answer. One would think in either case it would lessen the likelihood of someone continuing to take the position that they are in the possession of the truth while all who disagrees are blind as to me it would be impossible to maintain that level of egotism while refusing to address scripture. But to my amazement it seems to only encourage more of the same kind of responses
I find it embarrassing to say but if you are looking for honest and sincere scriptural debate were opposing beliefs doesn't make one the enemy but rather creates an opportunity for two people to sit down and have an in-depth discussion where they come away understanding why the other person believes as they do then you are in the wrong room and probably on the wrong site altogether. For as long as I can remember this room has resorted back to "I am a better believer than you".
When I first came here Thumper (an older poster) said anyone eve claiming to be Catholic should be challenged as their connection to Catholicism means their beliefs are not of God. And while we made short strides for the better or so I thought, what really happened is we just don't use denomination any more to stereotype. We just tell the individual they are blind or of the devil.
You won't get any answers mt friend. I think the reasons speak for themselves but I no longer even care what they are any more. For a while things were peaceful as people just agreed not to talk about anything controversial. But that is as good as it is ever going to get. I have never refused to give an interpretation in my life to someone willing to have a reciprocal exchange. It is what it is I guess. Well calling it a night (T) Peace
As sad as it is, but I've seen this mode of operation, myself, many times. And "frustrated" is the mild way to put it. But, like you said, it is what it is, I guess. Oh, well.

Have a good night, Brother. I think it's time I retire, too.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,136
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min StarC 559,445
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min WildWeirdWillie 175,620
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min onemale 265,131
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 24 min WasteWater 14
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr WasteWater 39,343
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,106
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web