Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#476576 Jan 13, 2013
CORRECTION: If our interpretations aren't erroneous, then why compromise their meaning?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476578 Jan 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Then you need to read Revelation 22-19.
Hi
DO DO COCKODOO MR HYDE ANIMAL TEETH,and little poor cockroach brain?

time to go sleep for you ,you old ungodly prick

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#476579 Jan 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Then you need to read Revelation 22-19.
What?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476580 Jan 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I meant Revelation 20-12.
start read Bible,you mouse brain, unsaved old crip

this passage at first apply to you,
you will receive proper reward for your pile of work fully of s... lies,insults,blasphemies and eating pork daily
hum

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#476581 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LeLe!
Happy New Year to you to:)
I believe when Christ died on the Cross he drew all men to him (and thru Him to the Father)
John 12:32
"But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."
And when man feels that pull then he in return seeks out God
Luke 11:9
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Matthew 6:33
“Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”
Acts 17:27
so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
Matthew 7:7-8
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
(T) Peace
Right..

I agree.. yet how then if He finds us..
How could He lose us?

Just have a hard time believing any will be lost.

Even if it takes one hundred life times--
I believe no one will ever perish!!

Just can't justify the lost and chemically ill and abused and
mentally challenged "perps"..not ever feeling the Love of God..
The babies starving-- I couldn't ever eat again if I believed
their live's were all for naught..
Could you?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476582 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
CORRECTION: If our interpretations aren't erroneous, then why compromise their meaning?
your delusioanl interpreatations for sure will not open gates of heavens

you sound as not saved at all
by yors specualtive interpreatations underestimating and denying some Bible writting or whole biblical values of apostolic foundation of Godhead Jesus Church

now you can depart with all your selfish glory of your famous own church above whole mankind 7 billions,
and
interpretation of Bible of your holy church founded by you on the sand of your own mind

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#476583 Jan 13, 2013
Jesus promises the Holy Spirit.

If you love me you will obey what I command.And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Couselor to be with you forever.
The spirit of truth.The world cannot accept him because if neither sees him nor knows him.But you know him for he lives with you and will be in you.
I will not leave you as orphans.I will come to you.Before long the world will not see me anymore,but you will see me.Because I live you also will live.On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and your are in me and I am in you.Whoever has my commands and obey them he is the one who loves me.He who loves me will be loved by my Father and I too will love him and show myself to him.Then Judas(not Judas Iscariot) said,But Lord why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world.Jesus replied If anyone loves me he will obey my teachings.My Father will love him and we will come to him and make our home with him.He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.Theses words you hear are not my own;they belong to the Father who sent me.All this I have spoken while still with you.But the counselor the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.Peace I leave with you my peace I give to you I don not give to you as the world gives.Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.You heard me say I am going away and I am coming back to you.If you love me you would be glad that I am going to the Father for the Father is greater than I.I have told you now before it happens so that when it does happen you will believe.I will not speak with you much longer,for the prince of this world is coming.He has no hold on me,but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded of me.Com e now let us leave.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#476584 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>As of now, I'm really only interested in seeing how the interpretation of the verses we quote remain harmonious with the interpretation of the verses they quote. And if our interpretations are erroneous, then how?
These are just some of the questions I'm more concerned about.
Honestly, while I understand why you would want to know as I do also and while it would be nice if such conversations were possible where we could look at a verse and try to dig into its meaning and have someone explain how it is they see it, I know that isn't going to happen.

You can ask as respectfully as you want and you post will simply be ignored and that is the best case scenario. I have tried for years and I generally just get things like suggestions I study the Bible or check out some link or bible study or I get the same one or two verses back in return while any number of dozens upon dozens of verses that I feel shows something different are not discussed. What you won't get back is anything personal from them even though they had no problem telling you why your beliefs make you not a "real Christian"

The worse case scenario ranges anywhere to accusations from being blind, to not being led by the Spirit, to not trusting in Christ to being of the devil. But in all scenarios what you won't get back is an actual interpretation of the verses you are asking about. And someone doesn't need to be a biblical scholar simply to say what it is they think a verse is saying or to offer their interpretation.

I have never understood it. I admit it is frustrating as it isn't someone having a different interpretation that bothers me but its that they refuse to share it yet still feel very comfortable in calling you blind. One would think if a person truly thought another believer was blinded from the truth they would do all they could to show them how it is they are interpretation the verse in question incorrectly. But helping someone or the truth being the goal above all else and not loyalty to our personal beliefs is often not the goal IMO.

Sometimes i believe the problem is people don't want to admit what they actually believe because they think others may view them differently. And other times i think they simply don't have an answer. One would think in either case it would lessen the likelihood of someone continuing to take the position that they are in the possession of the truth while all who disagrees are blind as to me it would be impossible to maintain that level of egotism while refusing to address scripture. But to my amazement it seems to only encourage more of the same kind of responses

I find it embarrassing to say but if you are looking for honest and sincere scriptural debate were opposing beliefs doesn't make one the enemy but rather creates an opportunity for two people to sit down and have an in-depth discussion where they come away understanding why the other person believes as they do then you are in the wrong room and probably on the wrong site altogether. For as long as I can remember this room has resorted back to "I am a better believer than you".

When I first came here Thumper (an older poster) said anyone eve claiming to be Catholic should be challenged as their connection to Catholicism means their beliefs are not of God. And while we made short strides for the better or so I thought, what really happened is we just don't use denomination any more to stereotype. We just tell the individual they are blind or of the devil.

You won't get any answers mt friend. I think the reasons speak for themselves but I no longer even care what they are any more. For a while things were peaceful as people just agreed not to talk about anything controversial. But that is as good as it is ever going to get. I have never refused to give an interpretation in my life to someone willing to have a reciprocal exchange. It is what it is I guess. Well calling it a night (T) Peace

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#476585 Jan 13, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
You may use it J-lu, may I call you J-lu? Anything I post can be used by anyone.
Time for me to turn in. Until next time, bask in His Word and Brag on God!
Absolutely, you can call me that :)
I'll try my best Drew, sweet dreams.
Brag on God <3

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#476586 Jan 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
Right..
How could He lose us?
Could you?
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Don't you worry yourself, Le_le. Every single person's been given a chance. But, for those that don't accept Him...

He's longsuffering, but He won't wait forever.

Location hidden

#476587 Jan 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Right..
How could He lose us?
Could you?
Well I don't personally think it is a matter of God "losing us". I think people make willful decisions...

Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

2Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

John 3:36
And anyone who believes in God's Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn't obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God's angry judgment."

1 John 3:17-18
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

Matthew 25:44-46
"They also will answer,'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' "He will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

...and those decisions have consequences. I would never presume to speak for God's judgement. But I don't believe everyone will be saved although I believe everyone can be

(T) Peace

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#476588 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Honestly, while I understand why you would want to know as I do also and while it would be nice if such conversations were possible where we could look at a verse and try to dig into its meaning and have someone explain how it is they see it, I know that isn't going to happen.
You can ask as respectfully as you want and you post will simply be ignored and that is the best case scenario. I have tried for years and I generally just get things like suggestions I study the Bible or check out some link or bible study or I get the same one or two verses back in return while any number of dozens upon dozens of verses that I feel shows something different are not discussed. What you won't get back is anything personal from them even though they had no problem telling you why your beliefs make you not a "real Christian"
The worse case scenario ranges anywhere to accusations from being blind, to not being led by the Spirit, to not trusting in Christ to being of the devil. But in all scenarios what you won't get back is an actual interpretation of the verses you are asking about. And someone doesn't need to be a biblical scholar simply to say what it is they think a verse is saying or to offer their interpretation.
I have never understood it. I admit it is frustrating as it isn't someone having a different interpretation that bothers me but its that they refuse to share it yet still feel very comfortable in calling you blind. One would think if a person truly thought another believer was blinded from the truth they would do all they could to show them how it is they are interpretation the verse in question incorrectly. But helping someone or the truth being the goal above all else and not loyalty to our personal beliefs is often not the goal IMO.
Sometimes i believe the problem is people don't want to admit what they actually believe because they think others may view them differently. And other times i think they simply don't have an answer. One would think in either case it would lessen the likelihood of someone continuing to take the position that they are in the possession of the truth while all who disagrees are blind as to me it would be impossible to maintain that level of egotism while refusing to address scripture. But to my amazement it seems to only encourage more of the same kind of responses
I find it embarrassing to say but if you are looking for honest and sincere scriptural debate were opposing beliefs doesn't make one the enemy but rather creates an opportunity for two people to sit down and have an in-depth discussion where they come away understanding why the other person believes as they do then you are in the wrong room and probably on the wrong site altogether. For as long as I can remember this room has resorted back to "I am a better believer than you".
When I first came here Thumper (an older poster) said anyone eve claiming to be Catholic should be challenged as their connection to Catholicism means their beliefs are not of God. And while we made short strides for the better or so I thought, what really happened is we just don't use denomination any more to stereotype. We just tell the individual they are blind or of the devil.
You won't get any answers mt friend. I think the reasons speak for themselves but I no longer even care what they are any more. For a while things were peaceful as people just agreed not to talk about anything controversial. But that is as good as it is ever going to get. I have never refused to give an interpretation in my life to someone willing to have a reciprocal exchange. It is what it is I guess. Well calling it a night (T) Peace
As sad as it is, but I've seen this mode of operation, myself, many times. And "frustrated" is the mild way to put it. But, like you said, it is what it is, I guess. Oh, well.

Have a good night, Brother. I think it's time I retire, too.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#476589 Jan 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So a truly 'once saved' person can constantly commit murder, rape and theft and still get to Heaven, right ?
No. that person not saved.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#476590 Jan 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My faith is in rational skepticism.
I have no belief in anything for which there is no evidence.
I have yet to see evidence of a god or gods, let alone the Abrahamic God.
matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
[[[[

maybe you can't find evidence, because you not looking for evidence. God say seek and you shall find. God not going to seek you like God need you. God not need you, you need God.

Before Christianity I admire buddhism. So I can understand your skepticism. but is not until I come to the conclusion that the atheism in buddhism not make any sense that I go search more indepth about this Jesus. And Jesus is God.

John1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2He was in the beginning with God.3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

make a genuine search for God, and you will find God.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#476591 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Don't you worry yourself, Le_le. Every single person's been given a chance. But, for those that don't accept Him...
He's longsuffering, but He won't wait forever.
I do not believe every person is given a chance.
I think that environments and life circumstances play a role
in the life of one's soul..
I do not think your interpetation of the Bible--
or mine- has anything to do with the destiny of
one's soul..

Location hidden

#476592 Jan 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Right..
How could He lose us?
Could you?
I would add one thing too and that is while I believe the gift of salvation is free, it is free because Christ paid the penalty for sin which was death, not free as in everybody gets it no matter what

It took Christ paying the debt for us because man can't pay the penalty required for death. And once Christ paid for our sins it gave all men the opportunity to heed his call

The debate generally stems from is repentance and faith required or repentance, faith and obedience required? From everything i have it is all three

Now I believe when souls go to hell they perish and that has always been the case:

Ezekiel 18:20-22
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die.”

John 3:16
“Whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”.

Psalms 56:13
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

Romans 6:23
For thou hast delivered my soul from death:”

So to me it is not so much about punishment as we all would die eventually anyway but rather who will be rewarded with eternal life. Do I think God makes provisions for the sick or mentally ill or children? Yes. But I look at it like this for the rest of us and that is we are commanded to do two things, love God and love our neighbor. And while only God can speak to who is doing the first, people know if they are doing the second. Do I think God will reward those who rape children and murder and die unrepentant in their sins with no faith in God that never lifted a finger to help their fellow man? No. Not because of my personal feelings towards it (although I certainly can see why) but because I believe that is what Christ tells us.

But I think if people are doing their best to live by the second commandment it stands to reason most won't have any problem with the first. Now for those that do the second but have no faith...well, it isn't my call to make and who am I to tell God how to do things? But the Gentiles didn't have the Bible yet it was said it was written in their hearts by evidence of their acts. I hope that means God might be working in people even if they don't realize it. Or at least realize it right away.

JMO

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#476593 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>As sad as it is, but I've seen this mode of operation, myself, many times. And "frustrated" is the mild way to put it. But, like you said, it is what it is, I guess. Oh, well.
Have a good night, Brother. I think it's time I retire, too.
Until next time...
Shalowm.
Good night brother

Location hidden

#476594 Jan 13, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>

I do not think your interpetation of the Bible--
or mine- has anything to do with the destiny of
one's soul..
You can take that to the bank

That is one thing I believe 100% is that ultimately what we think we know isn't going to make one bit of difference. Some stuff we may be right on, some stuff we may be wrong on. We may be shocked to find out which beliefs fall into which of those categories. But at the end of the day only one person is making the call and it sure isn't man

(T) Peace

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#476595 Jan 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
[[[[
maybe you can't find evidence, because you not looking for evidence. God say seek and you shall find. God not going to seek you like God need you. God not need you, you need God.
Before Christianity I admire buddhism. So I can understand your skepticism. but is not until I come to the conclusion that the atheism in buddhism not make any sense that I go search more indepth about this Jesus. And Jesus is God.
John1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2He was in the beginning with God.3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
No way for me.

Totally no way.

Meaning no personal disrespect, I find the whole concept of religion, any religion, to be silly.

Gods, witches, astrology, hexes, black cats, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, psychics, to me they are all magical stories for the appropriate age group and demographic.

I'd rather search for knowledge and wisdom. Without superstition.

Location hidden

#476596 Jan 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word being sincere

IMO many skeptics or atheist have never tried this. They are waiting for proof to knock on their door. But doesn't any skeptic worth his salt at least test the situation? So why would one not earnestly seek out God before concluding there is none? IMHO there would be a lot mess atheists if they sincerely sought out God with an open mind and an open heart instead of going into the exercise, which few even do, with the feeling that it is stupid and have pretty much already closed their mind to it. If someone said they sincerely tried to find God and prayed to Him that they may know Him and still didn't believe it would be different. But from my conversations with people anyway, very few if any have done this as they can't get past their initial unbelief to sincerely seek.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Gabriel 987,436
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min old_moose 31,639
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min PadMark 687,419
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 31 min Ricky F 39,265
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 36 min Johnny 6
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 1 hr Johnny 32
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,495
More from around the web