Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
No offense taken, but...

First, Juicylu, I really don't appreciate when people refer to discussions I'm in as "arguments," as I try, to the best of my ability, to remain as respectful as humanly possible and not argumentative. I don't believe I'm being argumentative simply because I expect the same common courtesy that I extend to all else, addressing assertions and answering questions as expected, and not just ignoring them. And as far as Grace Walker's beliefs and mine go, I'm sure that a lot of them are similar. But, when it comes to the idea that believers can choose whether keeping the commandments is necessary or not, I have no choice but to expose the truth of the matter. The same goes with this "once saved, always saved" doctrine.

I'm sure you've noticed how that either, Skombolis (especially), Qu_innocence, LAWEST100, Counter_Strike, or myself (especially), would compose a post with scripture quotes, with or without commentary and/or interpretation, that shows either, that it's a must we keep the commandments, or how the term "if" is used to indicate a stipulation. The fact of the matter is, such beliefs, as Grace Walker's, could only be valid if all these other verses didn't exist. In this, such beliefs can only exist if the interpretation of the other verses are compromised. Such beliefs only exist because the (most likely, incorrect) interpretation of one verse is highly regarded while the others ignored, or wholly rejected altogether. Case in point...

As a warning to the converted Gentiles regarding the disbelief of Israel, Paul wrote, "Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." Now, in your opinion, does it sound like salvation is guaranteed? They were told, "Be not highminded, but fear." What's to fear if salvation is guaranteed? If salvation was guaranteed with no chance of losing salvation, then why would Paul write, "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling"? What's there to work out? And why fear and trembling?

Truly, my posts might come off a bit argumentative. But, believe me, that's not my intention. As we've all come to agree with, at times, the tone of our posts are difficult to determine. But, if anything, pay close attention to our "argument." The same verses, among many others, have been quoted numerous times, but people refuse to address them, to show how either, we're in error, or how they remain harmonious with the verses that they use to attempt to prove their beliefs accurate. All I ask for is the same common courtesy. Why, just last night, I was accused of perverting scriptures when, in actuality, all I did was quote verses while not adding any commentary or interpretation to any of the verses I quoted. And sadly, this has become quite common, not only in this thread, but in almost all threads.

Thank you for your time and consideration, Juicylu.

Until next time...

Shalowm.
I certainly don't agree that you 'pervert scripture', not that I've seen. I meant no offence and maybe I've read it all wrong, it's just that I like both of you and felt compelled to say something but writing leaves out a lot and I was 'winging it'. I learn a lot from you and Grace and well, it's not my business I know but I felt sad about the situation. I'm sorry.
Shalowm <3
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi SP..Yes, I am the one who said that. Well, God said it..I just quoted Him..ALL our sins are forgiven. I still apologize when I sin and ask for forgivness but Jesus forgave them 2000 years ago. ALL of them. It stings when I sin because I know that it was because of THAT sin, that Jesus died..Whenever the Bible mentions PAST sins, It was refering to sins of those that Died BEFORE the Cross. Isnt Jesus wonderful??
Yes, Mam Jesus is most wonderful

lol, I honestly do know what you meant.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
Why don't we all just be thankful for that Grace, no?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PEpcjiT1L9gXX
I very much am Thankful, He saved a wretch like me.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame,
I am not a Christian, so I cannot respond to your question.
I do want to congratulate the general population of this thread for its generally friendly and positive attitude today. It is far more pleasant than when folks become argumentative in a hostile manner.
Again, props to all.
Hello Catcher, pleasure. Seen you on other threads but never directly engaged you;you're not a Christian , but, do you hold to any 'belief system'?

Just curious, take care...

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
Wait a minute...So you agree with OSAS then? According to what you just posted, either you do or you arent being honest..Which is it?
whatwhATWHAT?!

As I believe, for anyone that professes to be a believer while believing and teaching that perfection is impossible to achieve is proving themselves to be unfaithful, not believing in and applying what's instructed us in the bible. The unfaithful, then, will not be saved, even if they profess, with tears, that they believe.

As I believe, for anyone that professes to be a believer while relying on repentance rather than obedience is proving themselves to be unfaithful, not believing in and applying what's written. The unfaithful, then, will not be saved, even if they profess, with tears, that they believe.

We'll only be forever saved if we continue in him.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>Wood pecker is dr reality himself,
and fat priest lazy laying under the tree and laughing from everyone- just lazy poor creature
Hi Doc :D nice to read you, as always.
<3

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
Why don't we all just be thankful for that Grace, no?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PEpcjiT1L9gXX
Yes..Amazing Grace. We should all be bragging on how good God is to us all. We sure dont deserve it but God wants us to have it..Thanks Senecus..Its always good when someone comes around and reminds us of this. Knock some sense into us..<smile>

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>It remonds me of being told to do what is right because it is the right thing to do, even if it doesn't have a reward.

IMHO people who believe in Jesus should try to do as Jesus taught only because Jesus taught it, not because it will "save" them.

I think those that just want to be "saved" or have "eternal life" are missing the wholepoint.

I try to follow Jesus even though I may end up in Hell anyway. I accept that...in Jesus name.
I agree <3
huk wek fu fue

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
YOWZA!
Place reminding me of what Tang and Khitan did to Gorgyoreo - slash and burn!
Sword out, lookin' left and right...
How is everyone?
Huk Wek Fu Fue was watvhing you from the top of tree wisdom,
and concluded that you Tang Ban pu po and Khita Goergyoreo are not able to slash or burn aything
because sword is not sharp,made from cheap pine wood and only good to throw to the oven to coock rice soup for Great White Eagle named Huk Wek Fu Fue

so
deapart ASAP IF IT IS STILL GOOD OPEN GATE PASSAGE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Mam Jesus is most wonderful
lol, I honestly do know what you meant.
Thanks my friend, I thought you did. Sometimes we forget everything Jesus did for us and all He did forgive us for. God Bless You

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>'

again you are biblicaly right
Jesus never work with kingdom of satan and satan followers inhabitants of this earth ruled under satan as god of this world

Jesus doesn't open their eyes to understand Bible written only for citizens of new Kingdom of God,
nor God never send Grace free gift to those immoraly degenrated slaves children of devil
My understanding is that when you are in the Spirit you strive to follow Jesus in every way anyway but because no one is perfect or without sin then the Grace of God is there because He sees into our hearts?
<3
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
Forgiveness:

All sins of all people for all time were forgiven and forgotten on the Cross of Jesus Christ 2,000 years ago. Only unbelief, the rejection of Christ as Savior, was not forgiven on the Cross.

Hebrews 2:9b ... Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.
John 1:29 The next day he (John the Baptist) saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
I John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
Other Verses: Matthew 12:31-32; Matthew 26:28; Acts 13:38; Romans 5:6; Romans 5:8; Romans 5:18; Romans 6:10; 2 Corinthians 5:14-15; Galatians 1:4; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:13-14; Colossians 2:13; Hebrews 2:17; Hebrews 7:27; Hebrews 9:12; Hebrews 9:22; Hebrews 9:26b; Hebrews 9:28; Hebrews 10:1-4; Hebrews 10:12; Hebrews 10:18; 1 Peter 2:24a; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 John 1:7; 1 John 2:12; 1 John 3:5; Revelation 1:5
http://www.truegospelofjesuschrist.org/forgiv...
Amen
Yes , if we just simply BELIEVE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
YOWZA!
Place reminding me of what Tang and Khitan did to Gorgyoreo - slash and burn!
Sword out, lookin' left and right...
How is everyone?
LOL..Christian romper room..haha Come play with us John..We fight fair. <J/K >
huk wek fu fue

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly don't agree that you 'pervert scripture', not that I've seen. I meant no offence and maybe I've read it all wrong, it's just that I like both of you and felt compelled to say something but writing leaves out a lot and I was 'winging it'. I learn a lot from you and Grace and well, it's not my business I know but I felt sad about the situation. I'm sorry.
Shalowm <3
mama
BLL doesn't pervert Scripture,because he doesn't use Scripture to deceive by his own false man made agendas and copied posts from other sources,
this guy can not read, or have Bible during his writed posts

he is deceiver but without of Scriptures,only some time when he need to support his own visions,delusions,or own imaginatory beliefs

God bless you sweety,

please stop taking pills to lose waight,because you look like mama monster or Zombie who never ate past 5 years

you look on this picture like was made in the room where 12 devil ovens have open door and give yellow brimstone light

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Paul did speak of works in Eph 2:10...also, talked about other things that we shouldn't be doing, like fornication, homosexuality and such. So he spoke on more other than Grace... it wasn't just Grace only. He spoke on how we should live.

Grace isn't the problem... it's the counterfeit grace message that is the problem, Once Saved Always Saved.
Yeah I agree with that. To me, Grace is wasted if we don't try.
<3
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Doc :D nice to read you, as always.
<3
thank you my dear
I also love to read your sweet posts like honey comb,

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>try to understand Jesus words and His death,after His resurection satan with his rulers was thrown away from Heaven-Thorne of God,

being out of throne of God is being not to saved and have redemption covered by blood of Jesus

also you post nonsesne,
how universal adversary and blasphemers from the beginning of this world could get redemption by sheeded blood of Jesus ,satan enemy also.Jude 9

try to understand deep senses of original copies of NT langauge koine

have good day old pal
It's a done deal isn't it? Why else would s tan try so hard to drag us down with him?
<3

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
Yes, you are aware of the greek words but are you aware of their definitions? Thats the important part. Metanoeo= change of mind towards Christ
Actually, the definition is "to think differently or afterwards, that is, reconsider (morally, feel compunction)."

Compunction means "anxiety arising from awareness of guilt, such as 'compunctions of conscience'. Also, compunction means "distress of mind over an anticipated action or result, as one that "showed no compunction in planning devilish engines of destruction."

All in all, then, to "repent" means to change our minds toward sin. In my opinion, Proverbs 28:13 gives us an ample definition. This says, "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Welp, on that note... going to have to head to work. Hope everyone has a great day. Drew, looking forward to your reply to my question.

Everyone have a good day...

:)
You too Qu <3

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
Bonsoir to all,
In church today an interesting point was raised and one that we may or may not think about and that point is this we as Christians particularly American Christians love the idea of Jesus as Saviour but we generally do not accept him as Lord of our lives and allowing Him to work in us. Father Racoszki our parish Priest is from Hungary, I hope this post was not offensive and if so I apologize it is just a mere thought and that is all. I would like to know whay people are willing to accept Jesus as Saviour but not as Lord? I look foward to hearing your responses.
I'm sure what he said is true in some cases. But to make the broad sweeping statement that quote: "Christians particularly American Christians love the idea of Jesus as Saviour but we generally do not accept him as Lord of our lives and allowing Him to work in us" is rather judgemental blanket statement by the person that said it, wouldn't you say?

Is it your parish priests place to make such a sweeping judgement? Perhaps he needs to look at his own walk and ask himself whether or not he's allowing Jesus to work in his live. Because standing behind the pulpit throwing out judgements like that on people he doesn't even know sure isn't allowing Jesus to work in his life. Because it's clearly not his place to judge "Christians and/or American Christians" that he doesn't even know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••