Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#476396 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is NOT my God.
So you admit Satan is a God, but not yours.

Then you believe there are more than one Gods.

Dang you are contradictory.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#476397 Jan 13, 2013

Who Am I...Casting Crowns

This is the song that started me re-thinking by legalistic religion that I was stuck in and search for TRUTH..Gods Grace.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476398 Jan 13, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
let me explain this twisted word by BLL
similar word existed during ancient first hitities writtings,
and today means not similarity to christianity world wide name only simple in english MASOCHISM
but BLL 'Mashi" is from greek Messias
Yachi- is froem hebrew YAH
ym is from hebrew IM=plural
it look like he beliefs in plural Gods, and stick his own beliefs as earthly god= meaning of"ym" hebrew .im
Thanks

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#476399 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP, We will all stand in judgement..What are we going to say..
Listen to this and you will know my answer..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3M__eHGicWcXX
You're going to sing a pithy jingle ?

ROFLMAO

If I meet any of the Christian deities, I am going to ask for an apology on behalf of all mankind.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#476400 Jan 13, 2013
Bonsoir to all,

In church today an interesting point was raised and one that we may or may not think about and that point is this we as Christians particularly American Christians love the idea of Jesus as Saviour but we generally do not accept him as Lord of our lives and allowing Him to work in us. Father Racoszki our parish Priest is from Hungary, I hope this post was not offensive and if so I apologize it is just a mere thought and that is all. I would like to know whay people are willing to accept Jesus as Saviour but not as Lord? I look foward to hearing your responses.

Location hidden

#476401 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
None of us has ever said we are forgiven of our sins , even if we don't ask for FORGIVENESS-none of us.! So don't look for a (proof) scripture that says that.
When we accept Christ and know He died for our Sins, our PAST sins are forgiven. We start a NEW life, a NEW person.
When we do commit a SIN in the future (after we have accepted Christ) we ASK for forgiveness of this SIN. Now, don't twist my words and say,'so we can do anything, then ask for forgiveness, and we are ok. God KNOWS our intentions of the heart (you can not tell lie to God) and this is NOT premeditated sinning
Comprehend?
Hi SP..Yes, I am the one who said that. Well, God said it..I just quoted Him..ALL our sins are forgiven. I still apologize when I sin and ask for forgivness but Jesus forgave them 2000 years ago. ALL of them. It stings when I sin because I know that it was because of THAT sin, that Jesus died..Whenever the Bible mentions PAST sins, It was refering to sins of those that Died BEFORE the Cross. Isnt Jesus wonderful??

Location hidden

#476402 Jan 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
If I meet any of the Christian deities, I am going to ask for an apology on behalf of all mankind.
If you quit rolling around on the floor and REPENT, you may never meet them but once and you wont have much time to ask for much apology..LOL..<smile>

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#476403 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
And he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the whole world”(1 John 2:2).
Question: "What is propitiation?"
Answer: The word propitiation carries the basic idea of appeasement, or satisfaction, specifically towards God. Propitiation is a two-part act that involves appeasing the wrath of an offended person and being reconciled to him.
The necessity of appeasing God is something many religions have in common. In ancient pagan religions, as well as in many religions today, the idea is taught that man appeases God by offering various gifts or sacrifices. However, the Bible teaches that God Himself has provided the only means through which His wrath can be appeased and sinful man can be reconciled to Him. In the New Testament, the act of propitiation always refers to the work of God and not the sacrifices or gifts offered by man. The reason for this is that man is totally incapable of satisfying God’s justice except by spending eternity in hell. There is no service, sacrifice or gift that man can offer that will appease the holy wrath of God or satisfy His perfect justice. The only satisfaction, or propitiation, that could be acceptable to God and that could reconcile man to Him, had to be made by God. For this reason God the Son, Jesus Christ, came into the world in human flesh to be the perfect sacrifice for sin and make atonement or “propitiation for the sins of the people”(Hebrews 2:17).
And the very next paragraph says...

"The word propitiation is used in several key verses to explain what Jesus accomplished through His death on the cross. For example, in Romans 3:24-25 we see that believers in Christ have been 'justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed.' These verses are a key point in Paul’s argument in the Book of Romans and are really at the heart of the Gospel message.

http://www.gotquestions.org/propitiation.html

"...passed over the sins that were previously committed."

Says nothing of present, or future, sins.

Location hidden

#476404 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God."
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; it is the gift of God."
"For by grace are ye saved; it is the gift of God"
In essence, the gift of "God" is grace, but unto salvation.
For by grace ye are SAVED through faith..Sounds like its ALL a gift but if you dont receive the gift, YOU MUST earn it..NO One can do that..But you can repent from that :)
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476405 Jan 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
nobody appointed you to be 1 spokesman for all mankind?
what a hell are you talking about?,

are you worse stupid from fr reality? or insane today

you even doesn't have name son of man?or prince of man????

wai wai wai wai,
only those chrurchoids can conversate with you Bimbo Bo?

try to speak only for yourselves,of course if anyone hear your voice?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476406 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you quit rolling around on the floor and REPENT, you may never meet them but once and you wont have much time to ask for much apology..LOL..<smile>
this old boy is crazy
he want to apologizy on behalf of all minkind?he he heeeee

I wonder if God listen his own single apology for his own wicked rants against Gods Gospel?
and violating rev 22;18-19
he he heeeeee

Location hidden

#476407 Jan 13, 2013
Forgiveness: All sins of all people for all time were forgiven and forgotten on the Cross of Jesus Christ 2,000 years ago. Only unbelief, the rejection of Christ as Savior, was not forgiven on the Cross.

----------

Here are 10 of the best verses demonstrating that all sins were forgiven and forgotten on the Cross of Christ. At the bottom of the page are verses about the eternal sin of unbelief.

2 Corinthians 5:19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their iniquites, and I will remember their sins no more.

Colossians 1:20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Mark 3:28 Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men

Hebrews 10:12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God.

Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him.

Romans 5:10a For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son,(Notice this verse says we were reconciled while we "were" enemies, not after we become friends with God.)

Hebrews 2:9b ... Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.

John 1:29 The next day he (John the Baptist) saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"

I John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

Other Verses: Matthew 12:31-32; Matthew 26:28; Acts 13:38; Romans 5:6; Romans 5:8; Romans 5:18; Romans 6:10; 2 Corinthians 5:14-15; Galatians 1:4; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:13-14; Colossians 2:13; Hebrews 2:17; Hebrews 7:27; Hebrews 9:12; Hebrews 9:22; Hebrews 9:26b; Hebrews 9:28; Hebrews 10:1-4; Hebrews 10:12; Hebrews 10:18; 1 Peter 2:24a; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 John 1:7; 1 John 2:12; 1 John 3:5; Revelation 1:5

http://www.truegospelofjesuschrist.org/forgiv...
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476408 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi SP..Yes, I am the one who said that. Well, God said it..I just quoted Him..ALL our sins are forgiven. I still apologize when I sin and ask for forgivness but Jesus forgave them 2000 years ago. ALL of them. It stings when I sin because I know that it was because of THAT sin, that Jesus died..Whenever the Bible mentions PAST sins, It was refering to sins of those that Died BEFORE the Cross. Isnt Jesus wonderful??
Yes PAsT sins, before CHRIST

Ok , but when you ask Jesus in your Heart you ask for forgiveness of your sins, didn't you? and put on the NEW person, right?

Yes all our sins are forgiven. But when we goof up we say our apologies or ASK God to forgive you . right?

lol

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#476409 Jan 13, 2013
YOWZA!

Place reminding me of what Tang and Khitan did to Gorgyoreo - slash and burn!

Sword out, lookin' left and right...

How is everyone?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#476410 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote...

None of us has ever said we are forgiven of our sins , even if we don't ask for FORGIVENESS-none of us.! So don't look for a (proof) scripture that says that.
When we accept Christ and know He died for our Sins, our PAST sins are forgiven. We start a NEW life, a NEW person.
When we do commit a SIN in the future (after we have accepted Christ) we ASK for forgiveness of this SIN. Now, don't twist my words and say,'so we can do anything, then ask for forgiveness, and we are ok. God KNOWS our intentions of the heart (you can not tell lie to God) and this is NOT premeditated sinning
Comprehend?

And then, Grace Walker wrote...

To reiterate...

simplyput wrote, "None of us has ever said we are forgiven of our sins , even if we don't ask for FORGIVENESS-none of us.!" And then, Grace Walker responded, "Hi SP..Yes, I am the one who said that."

And so goes the plight of "Christianity.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#476411 Jan 13, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
Bonsoir to all,
In church today an interesting point was raised and one that we may or may not think about and that point is this we as Christians particularly American Christians love the idea of Jesus as Saviour but we generally do not accept him as Lord of our lives and allowing Him to work in us. Father Racoszki our parish Priest is from Hungary, I hope this post was not offensive and if so I apologize it is just a mere thought and that is all. I would like to know whay people are willing to accept Jesus as Saviour but not as Lord? I look foward to hearing your responses.
Bonsoir Madame,

I am not a Christian, so I cannot respond to your question.

I do want to congratulate the general population of this thread for its generally friendly and positive attitude today. It is far more pleasant than when folks become argumentative in a hostile manner.

Again, props to all.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476412 Jan 13, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>I been just sharing with you what my eyes,heart feel along with some my thoughts.God bless.
It was beautifully written <3
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476413 Jan 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit Satan is a God, but not yours.
Then you believe there are more than one Gods.
Dang you are contradictory.
Well, I hear there are Satanist that think he is a god.
A god of something anyway. I see him as the scum of the earth.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476414 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
simplyput wrote...
Comprehend?
And then, Grace Walker wrote...
To reiterate...
simplyput wrote, "None of us has ever said we are forgiven of our sins , even if we don't ask for FORGIVENESS-none of us.!" And then, Grace Walker responded, "Hi SP..Yes, I am the one who said that."
And so goes the plight of "Christianity.
Boyie you really caught that one didn't you.?? Aren't you just jumping for joy?? lol.

I bet you are just ecstatic over yourself. funny

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#476415 Jan 13, 2013
Why don't we all just be thankful for that Grace, no?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Just Think 646,666
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Buck Crick 48,790
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Trump is a clown 971,708
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min RiccardoFire 44,698
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 35 min LetsRoleplayThen 23
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 56 min Joi C 2,066
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 57 min ChristineM 445,725
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Buck Crick 281,266
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Annaleigh 105,621
More from around the web