Why Should Jesus Love Me?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476371 Jan 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You don;t know what a "god" is. In Christianity and Islam ther eare several Gods. Saod religions are just deluding themselves that they only believe in one.
A God by any name is still a God. Otherwise even the Romans and Greeks were monotheists because they only had one "God the Father", there other Gods were just like your Satan, demons, angels, saints, etc., all were simply 'lesser' Gods.
I don't care if you believe in one or thousands of gods, just don't claim to believe in one when you believe in at least two.
I CLAIM to believe in ONE GOD.

Satan is NOT my God.

Wrong. NO other NAME but JESUS is my God.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#476372 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok..You call RA religion SCARY and mine are manmade then you admit that YOU call YOURS something YOU made up? Strange to say the least
LOL!!!

Isn't that the truth. And the funny thing is bll and quin call my religion scary even when they don't know the first thing about me or my beliefs. I guess they don't realize that being a follower of Jesus Christ and believing in salvation through Him is a relationship not a religion.

The two of them talk in circles so much that I'm shocked they haven't fallen over from dizziness.

Have a great evening Grace. God bless.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#476373 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Why would you think to ask such a question, as that statement in discussion? YOU were just cutting down this OSAS belief?
No attitude BLL, you made that statemnt just to cut down that WE say to REPENT, even though we believe in OSAS.
When we become Christians, we will show SIGNS of good works, this is how WE as in MANKIND , KNOW that we are true Christians.
BLL , God does not need outside appearances, He knows if we are truly His child.
No anger at all BLL, why did you think I was, because I didn't agree with you?
So you, too, reject the stipulations. Why didn't you respond and address what I had asserted when I quoted the two verses?

Romans 11:20-22
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

John 15:1-2
I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Why do you all choose to do that? You're quick to declare how wrong I am, but you refuse to address the verses I quote? Now, does any of the above verses coincide with such a doctrine?

Why does Paul instruct the converted Gentiles to be not highminded, but to fear?

Why does Paul say that they'll receive "God's" goodness IF they continue in it?

Why does Paul say that if they don't continue in "God's" goodness, that they're also in danger of being cut off?

Why does our anointed Savior say that Father cuts off every unfruitful branch that's IN HIM?

Why does Paul instruct us to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling?

What's to work out?

Why fear?

Why trembling?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#476374 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Ok..You call RA religion SCARY and mine are manmade then you admit that YOU call YOURS something YOU made up? Strange to say the least
I said that what I read, of the "The Way International," was scary. I know not of what denomination, or sect, Red Apples is affiliated with now. And I never said your beliefs were "man-made." As to mine, I only prefer the Hebrew rendering before the Greek and English.

Call yourself what you will, Grace Walker. I call my religion "Mashiyachiym." Never have I even implied that all has to, or even should.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476375 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>So you, too, reject the stipulations. Why didn't you respond and address what I had asserted when I quoted the two verses?
Romans 11:20-22
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
John 15:1-2
I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Why do you all choose to do that? You're quick to declare how wrong I am, but you refuse to address the verses I quote? Now, does any of the above verses coincide with such a doctrine?
Why does Paul instruct the converted Gentiles to be not highminded, but to fear?
Why does Paul say that they'll receive "God's" goodness IF they continue in it?
Why does Paul say that if they don't continue in "God's" goodness, that they're also in danger of being cut off?
Why does our anointed Savior say that Father cuts off every unfruitful branch that's IN HIM?
Why does Paul instruct us to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling?
What's to work out?
Why fear?
Why trembling?
Reject the stipulations? You are very confusing. Jesus died for ALL our sins. To believe this , there are NO stipulations for any of us to do but BELIEVE.That is the ONLY stipulation.

BLL, do you ever speak from the HEART, or does it always have to be 'your interpretations of scriptures,or give us a a Test on Scriptures, so you can say WRONG. Or do you feel like you will have to be perfect in everyway, a ROBOT.

Is this the way you teach your children? Do you take away their 'free will?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476376 Jan 13, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Isn't that the truth. And the funny thing is bll and quin call my religion scary even when they don't know the first thing about me or my beliefs. I guess they don't realize that being a follower of Jesus Christ and believing in salvation through Him is a relationship not a religion.
The two of them talk in circles so much that I'm shocked they haven't fallen over from dizziness.
Have a great evening Grace. God bless.
sir
2 of them are not talking,only posting without of their own mind,copied posts,or thoughts of outside sectarian sources
BLL mix his beliefs with zionistic NWO movement,and JW,and baptists,
I doubt if during his posting sessions he read Bible anyway

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#476377 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
So your changing your mind on Salvation heh?
You have most certainly said that you did NOT believe OSAS.
That is called 'lie-ing.
Sure Salvation can be REJECTED. That is what we have been saying .
And that's what I've been saying, since day one. I don't believe that once a person becomes saved, that they're always saved, even if they've decided to never turn from sin, and/or decided to continue in willful sin.

If anyone rejects salvation, then they've lost salvation, even if they've accepted it at the first. If a person doesn't make a valiant effort to turn from sin, then as I believe, they've proven themselves unfaithful and unworthy of salvation. Therefore, they won't be saved. Regardless, a person's rejection of salvation has no bearing on salvation, itself. Scriptures attest to the fact that the most High desires that all come to repentance, that they might saved.

Peter wrote, "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." And in this same chapter, Peter exhorted believers by writing, "Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." The mention of diligence proves that requirements and expectations exist. The mention of diligence proves a requirement on our part, expected of us. And what's expected and required of us, on our part? That's we're found "in peace, without spot, and blameless." There's a reason for this.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476378 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I said that what I read, of the "The Way International," was scary. I know not of what denomination, or sect, Red Apples is affiliated with now. And I never said your beliefs were "man-made." As to mine, I only prefer the Hebrew rendering before the Greek and English.
Call yourself what you will, Grace Walker. I call my religion "Mashiyachiym." Never have I even implied that all has to, or even should.
maybe call more simple unedstable englis instead "Mashiyach im"(it is plural "im" also you worshit trinity,insteas "Mashi suppose to be Messia,instead "yach" suppose to be YAH)

IT LOOK LIKE THAT YOUR RELIGION IS "MASOCHISM"instead "Maschiyachiym"

he heee you funny imagination reach high scraper of federal building in NY
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476379 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Mashiyachiym-? If You do, you clean it up
let me explain this twisted word by BLL

similar word existed during ancient first hitities writtings,
and today means not similarity to christianity world wide name only simple in english MASOCHISM

but BLL 'Mashi" is from greek Messias
Yachi- is froem hebrew YAH
ym is from hebrew IM=plural

it look like he beliefs in plural Gods, and stick his own beliefs as earthly god= meaning of"ym" hebrew .im
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476380 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 3:9

No one's saying that salvation can, or will, be taken away. We're saying that we can reject salvation.

In any case, salvation remains.
So are you saying you didn't mean to say this?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#476381 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And that's what I've been saying, since day one. I don't believe that once a person becomes saved, that they're always saved, even if they've decided to never turn from sin, and/or decided to continue in willful sin.
If anyone rejects salvation, then they've lost salvation, even if they've accepted it at the first. If a person doesn't make a valiant effort to turn from sin, then as I believe, they've proven themselves unfaithful and unworthy of salvation. Therefore, they won't be saved. Regardless, a person's rejection of salvation has no bearing on salvation, itself. Scriptures attest to the fact that the most High desires that all come to repentance, that they might saved.
Peter wrote, "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." And in this same chapter, Peter exhorted believers by writing, "Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." The mention of diligence proves that requirements and expectations exist. The mention of diligence proves a requirement on our part, expected of us. And what's expected and required of us, on our part? That's we're found "in peace, without spot, and blameless." There's a reason for this.
BLL. Do you Believe Jesus made us a new creation? The old is gone..We are IN Christ Because of that NEW creation. We stand before God COMPLETE..Innocent, holy and righteous. God see's Jesus and His blood when He see's US. Thats the ONLY way, we become sinless. Please, just think about Jesus for a minute and block out YOU..If we are to be blameless, without spot when we stand in front of our Maker, HOW are we going to do that? Never, in a million years can we do that BUT Jesus made a way that we CAN. We surly dont see that in ourselves or each other but God does..You have 7 daughters..right? Aren't they perfect in your eyes? Even when they mess up, you may not approve of what they did and yes, you may get angry but aren't they just perfect because they are your children? Do you get offended when or if someone say's they are bad kids? You will do anything to protect them..Because they are perfect in your eyes. Would your girls(after they are mature) take advantage of that love and go against your rules or would you hope they would grow into a loving and honorable obedient child? Would you beat them into obedience or would you guide them with a loving and gentle hand? God is a better father than any human father and even tells us that. Think about how loving you are as a father and double that 1000 times and you have God as a Father..When we think of Him more as a Father than we do a God, we have a RELATIONSHIP..Father/son..Fath er/daughter relationship...Not a Master/slave relationship..This is important for your sweet daughters to understand also. That is how we stay confident in our realtionship with Him..
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476382 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And that's what I've been saying, since day one. I don't believe that once a person becomes saved, that they're always saved, even if they've decided to never turn from sin, and/or decided to continue in willful sin.
Refer to post # 476380

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#476383 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Reject the stipulations? You are very confusing. Jesus died for ALL our sins. To believe this , there are NO stipulations for any of us to do but BELIEVE.That is the ONLY stipulation.
The devils believe, too, so now, what? Remember that verse?

And what verse can you provide that proves that we're forgiven of our present and future sins, even if we don't repent of them? And if we're required to repent of our present and future sins, then how, exactly, are they already forgiven? What mistake did I make in the verses I quoted, because as of now, all I'm reading are personal opinions.
simplyput wrote:
BLL, do you ever speak from the HEART,
In every post.
simplyput wrote:
or does it always have to be 'your interpretations of scriptures,or give us a a Test on Scriptures, so you can say WRONG.
Is that what you would have said to Paul, or our anointed Savior, when they were explaining how their audience were mistaken in how, or even what, they believed? Paul told those on Mars' Hill that they "ignorantly" worshiped their god, but that the true "God," that he knew and was preaching to them, would wink at their ignorance. And our anointed Savior told the woman at the well that she knew not what she believed, for salvation was of the Jews. How is what I'm sharing any different?
simplyput wrote:
Or do you feel like you will have to be perfect in everyway, a ROBOT.
What did our anointed Savior say, recorded at Matthew 5:48? What did Peter preach, recorded at 1Peter 1:15-16? What did the author of Hebrews teach, recorded at Hebrews 6:1? What did Paul teach, recorded at 2Corinthians 7:1? It matters not what I, or you, feel. Also, none should lessen, or outright disregard, the lessons found in the bible.

I consider perfection the greatest expression of love we can give one another. You, apparently, see perfection as robotic performances. I see perfection as a goal to be attained. You see perfection as impossible. I see perfection as a worthwhile goal to try, to the best of my ability, to achieve. You, apparently, would rather believe that perfection is impossible to achieve, even though we're told to become as such. To me, I believe that you, and everybody else, deserves to be treated perfectly. But, I can't do that unless I try, to the best of my ability, to become perfect.
simplyput wrote:
Is this the way you teach your children? Do you take away their 'free will?
Yes, I teach my children that perfection is a most noble goal to achieve, and that they should try, to the best of their ability, to achieve it. But, I'll never take free-will from them. If my younger children grow up and decide to become atheists, I'll be disappointed, but I'll still love them.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#476384 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the Lord giveth LIFE and can take it away.
Everything comes from God and eventually returns to God.

"the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12

Everyone wil be judged.

"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.
For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil." Ecclesiastes 12

Forgiveness does not eliminate the need for correction. Ask any responsible parent.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476385 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
BLL. Do you Believe Jesus made us a new creation? The old is gone..We are IN Christ Because of that NEW creation. We stand before God COMPLETE..Innocent, holy and righteous. God see's Jesus and His blood when He see's US. Thats the ONLY way, we become sinless. Please, just think about Jesus for a minute and block out YOU..If we are to be blameless, without spot when we stand in front of our Maker, HOW are we going to do that? Never, in a million years can we do that BUT Jesus made a way that we CAN. We surly dont see that in ourselves or each other but God does..You have 7 daughters..right? Aren't they perfect in your eyes? Even when they mess up, you may not approve of what they did and yes, you may get angry but aren't they just perfect because they are your children? Do you get offended when or if someone say's they are bad kids? You will do anything to protect them..Because they are perfect in your eyes. Would your girls(after they are mature) take advantage of that love and go against your rules or would you hope they would grow into a loving and honorable obedient child? Would you beat them into obedience or would you guide them with a loving and gentle hand? God is a better father than any human father and even tells us that. Think about how loving you are as a father and double that 1000 times and you have God as a Father..When we think of Him more as a Father than we do a God, we have a RELATIONSHIP..Father/son..Fath er/daughter relationship...Not a Master/slave relationship..This is important for your sweet daughters to understand also. That is how we stay confident in our realtionship with Him..
Amen

Location hidden

#476386 Jan 13, 2013
And he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the whole world”(1 John 2:2).

Question: "What is propitiation?"

Answer: The word propitiation carries the basic idea of appeasement, or satisfaction, specifically towards God. Propitiation is a two-part act that involves appeasing the wrath of an offended person and being reconciled to him.

The necessity of appeasing God is something many religions have in common. In ancient pagan religions, as well as in many religions today, the idea is taught that man appeases God by offering various gifts or sacrifices. However, the Bible teaches that God Himself has provided the only means through which His wrath can be appeased and sinful man can be reconciled to Him. In the New Testament, the act of propitiation always refers to the work of God and not the sacrifices or gifts offered by man. The reason for this is that man is totally incapable of satisfying God’s justice except by spending eternity in hell. There is no service, sacrifice or gift that man can offer that will appease the holy wrath of God or satisfy His perfect justice. The only satisfaction, or propitiation, that could be acceptable to God and that could reconcile man to Him, had to be made by God. For this reason God the Son, Jesus Christ, came into the world in human flesh to be the perfect sacrifice for sin and make atonement or “propitiation for the sins of the people”(Hebrews 2:17).

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476387 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you accept JESUS as Lord and SAVIOUR..Are you still in denial of His ressurecction? There are some who believe in Universal Salvation but I believe that dishonors the blood of Jesus.
Don't put words in my mouth, please. I accept Jesus as the final Atonement for all mankind based on Leviticus 16 and His life and death as related(mostly) in the Gospel of Mark.

There is no need for resurrection or Jesus being God, not even to die, to be the final offering.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#476389 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 3:9
And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
No one's saying that salvation can, or will, be taken away. We're saying that we can reject salvation. If every person in the world, but one, became atheist, then only one will be saved. If every person in the world became atheist, then "God" can simply turn stones into people to take our place, to receive salvation, if that were His will. In any case, salvation remains.
all this talk about once saved always saved no require no long argument.

it simple. if someone say they saved and say they now following Christ, then that person can't just sin for the heck of it. someone say they save and then go commit adultery and hate they neighbor and no feel like they doing anything wrong, that person not save.

it all have to do with the heart. if person struggling with a sin and feel disappointed and sad when they sin because they hurt Jesus and want to fast and pray to give up that sin, then that is a saved person. but if a person living in sin and no feel bad about it and just think because they say they believe in Jesus, Grace, and go church that they saved, that person not saved.

1John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
[[[[
so you see any Christian say they save and still practice sin and continue sin, something wrong.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476390 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are aware of the greek words but are you aware of their definitions? Thats the important part. Metanoeo= change of mind towards Christ
It means repent, to have remorse, to change direction, to have a change of heart. It is not a religious word. It is a Greek word that had a meaning long before Jesus was born and long afterword.

" Metanoeo is associated with a person's perceptive awareness that he or she needs to make a decision to change the direction of their life. "

http://new.studylight.org/ls/gt/index.cgi...

Location hidden

#476391 Jan 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything comes from God and eventually returns to God.
"the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12
Everyone wil be judged.
"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.
For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil." Ecclesiastes 12
Forgiveness does not eliminate the need for correction. Ask any responsible parent.
YEP, We will all stand in judgement..What are we going to say..

Listen to this and you will know my answer..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Joe Fortuna 27,721
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min hojo 636,863
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Highest Comandmen... 44,047
Play "end of the word" part 2 14 min ImFree2Choose 1,414
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min here 280,439
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 41 min nana 131
Laws against civilization 44 min Lerara 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr RiversideRedneck 968,645
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 12 hr WasteWater 4,707
More from around the web