“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#476294 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate your response. And you are, for the most part, right. BUT...
James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
What separates us from devils?
The devils believe in "God," having been in His very presence. Faith is unnecessary for devils, for they dwell in the spirit-realm with "God." Their belief isn't based on testimonies and what-not. They know "God" exists because they've seen "God," face to face. But, they're not obedient. So, again, what separates us from devils?
The answer to the question as to who is an unbeliever, the answer is the first two.
To believe in "God" and His only-begotten Son isn't enough. As it's written, even the devils believe in "God." But, like I said and as we all know, devils aren't obedient. Therefore, we must do whatever is necessary to separate us from devils. In that, we must be obedient. Many of the most notorious criminals in history believed in "God," but in that, their belief only goes as far as believing "God" exists. We're not to believe "God" exists. We're to know "God" exists. But, we're to believe in Him. We're to believe that all that's prophesied will come to pass. We're to believe that He will fulfill every promise. And along with these, we're to believe that He rewards those that seek Him.
1John 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
Agreed

According to Christianity, even Satan believes in Jesus.

Thus belief isn't enough.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#476296 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Himself said we cant mix the "new" with the "old"...Law(old) and Grace (new)..He tells us this with these parables..
"And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a NEW garment upon an OLD; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
And no man putteth NEW wine into OLD winskin..else they ferment and he LOSES BOTH.óLuke 5:36-39, KJV
Grace and Faith had also existed before the Law as the NT points out as it uses Noah and Abraham as examples, even at some points through the law as there are many examples of that (like Jesus when He walked on this earth)... the Grace that came through Jesus is the fact that He came down, fulfilled the Law and while we were yet in our sin, Christ died... and we know how the rest of the situtation goes... rose again, etc. But the fact remains is that Grace isn't the issue... it's the Once Saved Always Saved demonic teaching that is the issue. OSAS is a counterfeit message of Grace.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476297 Jan 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I just absolutely love him when I was a kid! Thank you <3
Wood pecker is dr reality himself,
and fat priest lazy laying under the tree and laughing from everyone- just lazy poor creature

“Love much, trust none”

There

#476298 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
......and without this distinction than there would be no differencce between believers who need to work on their obedience and the devil....

.... The devil is beyond redemption whereas the believer can always be brought back from his wandering.....
1. Satan believes in Jesus and does evil so do many human believers. There is no differemce. Belief alone is worthless.

2. Where does the Bible say that "Satan is beyond redemption" ?

Note that in the OT humans were cast out of Paradise, not Satan.

“Saved. ”

#476299 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Understood. OSAS will be argued about until Jesus returns and then we will all know. In the meantime, If we continue as we are, we have nothing to fret over.
Right, if we continue as we are and not depart from the faith. The point is that some who hear the Once Saved Always Saved Message believe that it is a message of non-restraint and nothing can be further from the truth. And those who don't even believe the extreme portion of it will eventually concede that no matter what, a person is saved. That is simply passing on the lie of the counterfeit Grace message of Once Saved Always Saved.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#476300 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Brother Lee...excellent analogy with the alphabet and with the corresponding verse from Galatians. Not being beholden to law means does not mean we are now free to rape or murder or cheat or steal. It means we no longer are trying to acheive justification through works of law. The way I see it is that prior man felt so long as he was in accordance with the law that he was saved and that is not the case. If one follows the law yet fails to trust in Christ for salvation he is lost. But what is justification through faith?Christ said those that are truly his diciples will adhere to his teachings. So faith is not simply believing as u explained even the devil believes. Faith is believing and trusting in God and faith is also a manifestation of our odedience to Christ. It says in John if one says they know Christ but dont obey the commandments the truth is not in them. Faith imo is the total acceptance of Christ an His commandments. Not just believing He exists but believing in Him and His commadments ( T) PEACE
It remonds me of being told to do what is right because it is the right thing to do, even if it doesn't have a reward.

IMHO people who believe in Jesus should try to do as Jesus taught only because Jesus taught it, not because it will "save" them.

I think those that just want to be "saved" or have "eternal life" are missing the wholepoint.

I try to follow Jesus even though I may end up in Hell anyway. I accept that...in Jesus name.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476301 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
2nd Cornthians 4:4..Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News.(GRACE) They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
'

again you are biblicaly right
Jesus never work with kingdom of satan and satan followers inhabitants of this earth ruled under satan as god of this world

Jesus doesn't open their eyes to understand Bible written only for citizens of new Kingdom of God,
nor God never send Grace free gift to those immoraly degenrated slaves children of devil

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#476302 Jan 13, 2013
Drew H wrote:
For those who are interested, this is how I study the Bible. For those who are not interested, you are more than welcome to ignore.
I study the Bible through its dispensations or ages as it was given. First, there was eternity past, then came the age of Innocence which was from Adam to the fall in the garden of Eden. After Innocence was the age of Conscience in which all people could have the knowledge of God, but man continued to gravitate away from God in his attempt to be like God.
The age of Conscience ended with the Flood, thus beginning the age of Human Government, and this is still the system that is in place today, but God has continued revealing things up until today with more to come.
Even though human gov't is still operating today, God kept on revealing, and the age of Promise began when God called Abram (Abraham), and this age ended when God gave Moses the Law. So the age of Law continued until the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus at which time the transition to the age of Grace was fully put into effect. This took place in the book of Acts, which is a book of transition between Law and Grace, and Grace became universal when the Temple was destroyed in 70 AD. At this point in time, the law was interrupted, but there is coming a time when the law will be re-instituted during the Tribulation. However, I believe, as do many others, an event that is called the Rapture will take place before the Law comes back into effect (Daniel's 70-week prophecy - interrupted after 69 weeks of 7 years when the Temple was destroyed leaving one week or the 7 years of the Tribulation).
So after the Tribulation in which the Jews will finally come to the knowledge that Jesus is their Messiah, God will usher in the Kingdom, thus ending Human Government, as Jesus will rule and reign from His throne in Jerusalem on earth for 1000 years. Then the new Heaven and Earth will be created and remain forever into eternity future.
So when we study the Bible we need to know;
1. Who is speaking
2. The audience being spoken to
3. The message being conveyed to the audience in the proper context of the time without regard to what has yet to be revealed about the future.
Now while this may not work for you, it sure does make the scriptures a whole lot clearer for me. And throughout the time I have been a student of the Bible, I have found, through much prayer and study, many others who think and believe accordingly.
The Bible tells us to study and rightly divide the scriptures in ways that meet God's approval, which may or may not be pleasing to man. Moreover, the Bible tells us to be God-pleasers and not man-pleasers. It also tells us to put on the mind of Christ, or think like God, and the only way we can do that is to study the Word and listen to the Holy Spirit. I do believe the Bible says that He speaks in a still, small voice.
So, for whatever it's worth to whomever it is some worth, I'm willing to share.
BRAVO!!!!! Standing ovation nedded here Drew. Wow!! That has to be the most awesome representation of the WHOLE Bible that anyone on Topix has ever posted. It is critical that we all understand WHO wrote what and to WHO it is being Spoken to, WHEN and Where.. It takes some time but it clearly opens up the Bible. Thank You so much. I agree 1000 percent :)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#476303 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
BROTHER LEE....I would also add that when Christ says in Matthew 28:20 to make sure they obey all he has commanded that this took place AFTER he rose from the dead. In fact Matthew 28-1-10 specifically addresses Mary Magdelene finding the empty tomb and what Yeshua said to her and then the passage continues with Him telling his diciples to go out and baptize all nations in His name and to make sure they obey all he has commanded of them. So to me this clearly illustrates that His teachings stood after the Sacrifice and applied to everyone. Thus faith is the combination of trust, belief, and obedience if we were to define the diff between 'faith' and 'belief' imo.(T) PEACE
Good point. Why would Jesus teach anythign if it was going to be meaningless in a year.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#476304 Jan 13, 2013
Backsliders way back to God.

To regain God's favor what must the backslider do.

Only acknowledge thine iniquity,that hou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God and hast scattered thy ways to the stranger under every green tree and ye have not obeyed My voice saith the Lord. Jeremiah 3:13

On what conditon does God promise mercy to sinners.

Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts and let him return unto the Lord and He will have mercy upon him and to our God,for He will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:7

Why must the wicked forsake their thoughts and ways.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways saith the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

What is especially necessary to prevent backsliding.

Watch ye and pray lest ye enter into temptation.The spirit truly ready but the flesh is weak.Mark 14:38

What are believers exhorted to do.

Examine yourselves whether ye be in the faith prove your own selves.Know ye not your own selves how that Jesus Christ is in you except ye be reprobates.2 Corinthians 13:5

If one has God's law in the heart what will not occur.

The law of his God is in his heart;none of his steps shall slide. Psalms 37:31

When the backslider repents what does God do.

Take with you words and turn to the Lord;say unto Him Take away all iniquity and receive us graciously so will we render the calves of our lips I will heal their backsliding I will love them freely;for Mine anger is turned away from him.
Hosea 14:2-4

Continued on next post.

“Saved. ”

#476305 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good argument but notice who is speaking..Timothy, learned from Paul and we all should know by now that Paul taught The Grace Message ONLY..So did Timothy. So, IF we dapart from the Gospel Of Gods GRACE...The warning is NOT to depart from Grace and back into Leagalism..Old Law ect..ect.. Here is the WHOLE scripture..The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the "faith" and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons..WHAT FAITH??? Justification By Faith i.e...GRACE
Actually, Paul did speak of works in Eph 2:10...also, talked about other things that we shouldn't be doing, like fornication, homosexuality and such. So he spoke on more other than Grace... it wasn't just Grace only. He spoke on how we should live.

Grace isn't the problem... it's the counterfeit grace message that is the problem, Once Saved Always Saved.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476306 Jan 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Satan believes in Jesus and does evil so do many human believers. There is no differemce. Belief alone is worthless.
2. Where does the Bible say that "Satan is beyond redemption" ?
Note that in the OT humans were cast out of Paradise, not Satan.
try to understand Jesus words and His death,after His resurection satan with his rulers was thrown away from Heaven-Thorne of God,

being out of throne of God is being not to saved and have redemption covered by blood of Jesus

also you post nonsesne,
how universal adversary and blasphemers from the beginning of this world could get redemption by sheeded blood of Jesus ,satan enemy also.Jude 9

try to understand deep senses of original copies of NT langauge koine

have good day old pal

Location hidden

#476307 Jan 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Grace and Faith had also existed before the Law as the NT points out as it uses Noah and Abraham as examples, even at some points through the law as there are many examples of that (like Jesus when He walked on this earth)... the Grace that came through Jesus is the fact that He came down, fulfilled the Law and while we were yet in our sin, Christ died... and we know how the rest of the situtation goes... rose again, etc. But the fact remains is that Grace isn't the issue... it's the Once Saved Always Saved demonic teaching that is the issue. OSAS is a counterfeit message of Grace.
We dont know that for sure Quin and OSAS shouldnt even be an issue with Gods children. Christ died..Yes, but you are leaving out 2 other important events that so many preachers leave out..His burial and resurecction..Read up on what Jesus accomplished with those 2 events that seems to go unacknowledged today. Justification...Sanctification ...redemption...not in that order but dont leave out those 2 events or you are missing something wonderful. God Bless...Christ done MORE than just die....Read more on the resurrection..I believe you will be amazed at how many people overlook that

“Saved. ”

#476308 Jan 13, 2013
Welp, on that note... going to have to head to work. Hope everyone has a great day. Drew, looking forward to your reply to my question.

Everyone have a good day...

:)

Location hidden

#476309 Jan 13, 2013
I have a meeting at church at 2:00.. Have a blessed day
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476310 Jan 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Why would Jesus teach anythign if it was going to be meaningless in a year.
meaningless for earthly scums,and pretenders to be followers of Jesus,
Jesus is not teacher of this satan kingdom and satan followers seating by the table of demons,
they believe in Jesus,but trembling as lost seed of satan(chatta im)
they live in own lies,believing that are saved all of them and alwasy saved being with pol pot,hitler,stalin,and us goverment thiefs in the heane?
he he heeee

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#476311 Jan 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
BLL... don't be downcast. RA had come from the Way International cult so it's not totally his fault. This cult believed in a strict practice called "mark, purge and avoid..." (hence the ignore advice)... so that's what this particular cult does and is infamous for. I don't believe he is in that particular cult any longer, I believe some views have changed but there are still some traces of loyalty and affinity to it. Here is some info on the matter.
http://www.pfo.org/poisonng.html
Wow! Scary.

Well, I hope we've read the other post I composed, where I quoted two verses with his comment, to show the difference between his advice and that which the bible advises.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#476312 Jan 13, 2013
Will there be special danger of backsliding in the last days.

And because iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold.Matthew 24:12

What are some of the evils against which we are specially warned at this time.

And take heed to yourselves lest an any time your hearts be overcharged with suffering and druneness and cares of this life and sot that day come upon you unawares.Luke 21:34

In view of the perils surrounding us what are we told to do.

Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all theses things that shall come to past and to stand before the Son of Man. Luke 21:36
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476313 Jan 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>What part of get out of here and don't come back do you not understand old rabbit-brained boy??
your cow manure and urines mixed with dry sahara camel s.... made from your f....brain-mish mash broun s....0.5 oz braun stinking brain seating inside of skull
also your brain is a lot smaller from old rabbit brain(my) even cockraoach have more brain then you
Bo Do Kackodoo bip bip
he he heeee you are realy genuis internet idiot
he he heee

“Love much, trust none”

There

#476314 Jan 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I think I will continue to believe Jesus is God and that his teachings still apply today....
I don't believe Jesus is God but I do believe His teachings apply today. Jesus may be God, I am neither, but if it were important to believe that then Jesus would have made itperfectly very clear that He was God and that believing He was God was mandatory so I don't think it matters. Same with his parentage and resurrection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min pusherman_ 777,421
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 hr Johnny 4,839
Gay snapchat names 3 hr Sxybest11 163
What changes in Local search ranking on Google ... 3 hr vitaltrafficsolution 1
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Keypad Code Location (Apr '11) 3 hr chas 8
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 3 hr eragonlove321 213
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 265,377
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr hojo 560,141
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 hr Lumajuice 441,807