Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#476383 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Reject the stipulations? You are very confusing. Jesus died for ALL our sins. To believe this , there are NO stipulations for any of us to do but BELIEVE.That is the ONLY stipulation.
The devils believe, too, so now, what? Remember that verse?

And what verse can you provide that proves that we're forgiven of our present and future sins, even if we don't repent of them? And if we're required to repent of our present and future sins, then how, exactly, are they already forgiven? What mistake did I make in the verses I quoted, because as of now, all I'm reading are personal opinions.
simplyput wrote:
BLL, do you ever speak from the HEART,
In every post.
simplyput wrote:
or does it always have to be 'your interpretations of scriptures,or give us a a Test on Scriptures, so you can say WRONG.
Is that what you would have said to Paul, or our anointed Savior, when they were explaining how their audience were mistaken in how, or even what, they believed? Paul told those on Mars' Hill that they "ignorantly" worshiped their god, but that the true "God," that he knew and was preaching to them, would wink at their ignorance. And our anointed Savior told the woman at the well that she knew not what she believed, for salvation was of the Jews. How is what I'm sharing any different?
simplyput wrote:
Or do you feel like you will have to be perfect in everyway, a ROBOT.
What did our anointed Savior say, recorded at Matthew 5:48? What did Peter preach, recorded at 1Peter 1:15-16? What did the author of Hebrews teach, recorded at Hebrews 6:1? What did Paul teach, recorded at 2Corinthians 7:1? It matters not what I, or you, feel. Also, none should lessen, or outright disregard, the lessons found in the bible.

I consider perfection the greatest expression of love we can give one another. You, apparently, see perfection as robotic performances. I see perfection as a goal to be attained. You see perfection as impossible. I see perfection as a worthwhile goal to try, to the best of my ability, to achieve. You, apparently, would rather believe that perfection is impossible to achieve, even though we're told to become as such. To me, I believe that you, and everybody else, deserves to be treated perfectly. But, I can't do that unless I try, to the best of my ability, to become perfect.
simplyput wrote:
Is this the way you teach your children? Do you take away their 'free will?
Yes, I teach my children that perfection is a most noble goal to achieve, and that they should try, to the best of their ability, to achieve it. But, I'll never take free-will from them. If my younger children grow up and decide to become atheists, I'll be disappointed, but I'll still love them.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#476384 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the Lord giveth LIFE and can take it away.
Everything comes from God and eventually returns to God.

"the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12

Everyone wil be judged.

"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.
For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil." Ecclesiastes 12

Forgiveness does not eliminate the need for correction. Ask any responsible parent.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476385 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
BLL. Do you Believe Jesus made us a new creation? The old is gone..We are IN Christ Because of that NEW creation. We stand before God COMPLETE..Innocent, holy and righteous. God see's Jesus and His blood when He see's US. Thats the ONLY way, we become sinless. Please, just think about Jesus for a minute and block out YOU..If we are to be blameless, without spot when we stand in front of our Maker, HOW are we going to do that? Never, in a million years can we do that BUT Jesus made a way that we CAN. We surly dont see that in ourselves or each other but God does..You have 7 daughters..right? Aren't they perfect in your eyes? Even when they mess up, you may not approve of what they did and yes, you may get angry but aren't they just perfect because they are your children? Do you get offended when or if someone say's they are bad kids? You will do anything to protect them..Because they are perfect in your eyes. Would your girls(after they are mature) take advantage of that love and go against your rules or would you hope they would grow into a loving and honorable obedient child? Would you beat them into obedience or would you guide them with a loving and gentle hand? God is a better father than any human father and even tells us that. Think about how loving you are as a father and double that 1000 times and you have God as a Father..When we think of Him more as a Father than we do a God, we have a RELATIONSHIP..Father/son..Fath er/daughter relationship...Not a Master/slave relationship..This is important for your sweet daughters to understand also. That is how we stay confident in our realtionship with Him..
Amen

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#476386 Jan 13, 2013
And he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the whole world”(1 John 2:2).

Question: "What is propitiation?"

Answer: The word propitiation carries the basic idea of appeasement, or satisfaction, specifically towards God. Propitiation is a two-part act that involves appeasing the wrath of an offended person and being reconciled to him.

The necessity of appeasing God is something many religions have in common. In ancient pagan religions, as well as in many religions today, the idea is taught that man appeases God by offering various gifts or sacrifices. However, the Bible teaches that God Himself has provided the only means through which His wrath can be appeased and sinful man can be reconciled to Him. In the New Testament, the act of propitiation always refers to the work of God and not the sacrifices or gifts offered by man. The reason for this is that man is totally incapable of satisfying God’s justice except by spending eternity in hell. There is no service, sacrifice or gift that man can offer that will appease the holy wrath of God or satisfy His perfect justice. The only satisfaction, or propitiation, that could be acceptable to God and that could reconcile man to Him, had to be made by God. For this reason God the Son, Jesus Christ, came into the world in human flesh to be the perfect sacrifice for sin and make atonement or “propitiation for the sins of the people”(Hebrews 2:17).

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476387 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you accept JESUS as Lord and SAVIOUR..Are you still in denial of His ressurecction? There are some who believe in Universal Salvation but I believe that dishonors the blood of Jesus.
Don't put words in my mouth, please. I accept Jesus as the final Atonement for all mankind based on Leviticus 16 and His life and death as related(mostly) in the Gospel of Mark.

There is no need for resurrection or Jesus being God, not even to die, to be the final offering.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#476389 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 3:9
And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
No one's saying that salvation can, or will, be taken away. We're saying that we can reject salvation. If every person in the world, but one, became atheist, then only one will be saved. If every person in the world became atheist, then "God" can simply turn stones into people to take our place, to receive salvation, if that were His will. In any case, salvation remains.
all this talk about once saved always saved no require no long argument.

it simple. if someone say they saved and say they now following Christ, then that person can't just sin for the heck of it. someone say they save and then go commit adultery and hate they neighbor and no feel like they doing anything wrong, that person not save.

it all have to do with the heart. if person struggling with a sin and feel disappointed and sad when they sin because they hurt Jesus and want to fast and pray to give up that sin, then that is a saved person. but if a person living in sin and no feel bad about it and just think because they say they believe in Jesus, Grace, and go church that they saved, that person not saved.

1John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
[[[[
so you see any Christian say they save and still practice sin and continue sin, something wrong.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476390 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are aware of the greek words but are you aware of their definitions? Thats the important part. Metanoeo= change of mind towards Christ
It means repent, to have remorse, to change direction, to have a change of heart. It is not a religious word. It is a Greek word that had a meaning long before Jesus was born and long afterword.

" Metanoeo is associated with a person's perceptive awareness that he or she needs to make a decision to change the direction of their life. "

http://new.studylight.org/ls/gt/index.cgi...

Location hidden

#476391 Jan 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything comes from God and eventually returns to God.
"the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12
Everyone wil be judged.
"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.
For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil." Ecclesiastes 12
Forgiveness does not eliminate the need for correction. Ask any responsible parent.
YEP, We will all stand in judgement..What are we going to say..

Listen to this and you will know my answer..

simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476392 Jan 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>The devils believe, too, so now, what? Remember that verse?
And what verse can you provide that proves that we're forgiven of our present and future sins, even if we don't repent of them? And if we're required to repent of our present and future sins, then how, exactly, are they already forgiven? What mistake did I make in the verses I quoted, because as of now, all I'm reading are personal opinions.
<quoted text>In every post.
<quoted text>Is that what you would have said to Paul, or our anointed Savior, when they were explaining how their audience were mistaken in how, or even what, they believed? Paul told those on Mars' Hill that they "ignorantly" worshiped their god, but that the true "God," that he knew and was preaching to them, would wink at their ignorance. And our anointed Savior told the woman at the well that she knew not what she believed, for salvation was of the Jews. How is what I'm sharing any different?
<quoted text>What did our anointed Savior say, recorded at Matthew 5:48? What did Peter preach, recorded at 1Peter 1:15-16? What did the author of Hebrews teach, recorded at Hebrews 6:1? What did Paul teach, recorded at 2Corinthians 7:1? It matters not what I, or you, feel. Also, none should lessen, or outright disregard, the lessons found in the bible.
I consider perfection the greatest expression of love we can give one another. You, apparently, see perfection as robotic performances. I see perfection as a goal to be attained. You see perfection as impossible. I see perfection as a worthwhile goal to try, to the best of my ability, to achieve. You, apparently, would rather believe that perfection is impossible to achieve, even though we're told to become as such. To me, I believe that you, and everybody else, deserves to be treated perfectly. But, I can't do that unless I try, to the best of my ability, to become perfect.
<quoted text>Yes, I teach my children that perfection is a most noble goal to achieve, and that they should try, to the best of their ability, to achieve it. But, I'll never take free-will from them. If my younger children grow up and decide to become atheists, I'll be disappointed, but I'll still love them.
None of us has ever said we are forgiven of our sins , even if we don't ask for FORGIVENESS-none of us.! So don't look for a (proof) scripture that says that.

When we accept Christ and know He died for our Sins, our PAST sins are forgiven. We start a NEW life, a NEW person.

When we do commit a SIN in the future (after we have accepted Christ) we ASK for forgiveness of this SIN. Now, don't twist my words and say,'so we can do anything, then ask for forgiveness, and we are ok. God KNOWS our intentions of the heart (you can not tell lie to God) and this is NOT premeditated sinning

Comprehend?

Location hidden

#476393 Jan 13, 2013
Trust In Jesus.. By:Third day

One of these days we all will stand in judgment for Every single word that we have spoken One of these days we all will stand before the Lord Give a reason for everything we've done and "what I've done is"
Trust in Jesus, my great Deliverer My strong Defender, the Son of GodI trust in Jesus, blessed RedeemerMy Lord forever, the Holy One, the Holy One
What are you gonna do when your time has comeAnd your life is done and there's nothing you can stand on? What will you have to say at the judgment throne? Well, I already know the only thing that I can say
I trust in Jesus, my great DelivererMy strong Defender, the Son of GodI trust in Jesus, blessed Redeemer My Lord forever, the Holy One
There's nothing I can do On my own to find forgiveness It's by His grace alone I trust in Jesus, trust in Jesus
I trust in Jesus, my great Deliverer My strong Defender, the Son of God I trust in Jesus, blessed Redeemer My Lord forever, the Holy One, the Holy One,
I trust in Jesus, my great Deliverer My strong Defender, blessed Redeemer

THIRD DAY - TRUST IN JESUS LYRICS ...LOVE this song..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476394 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I CLAIM to believe in ONE GOD.
Satan is NOT my God.
Wrong. NO other NAME but JESUS is my God.
So EL, YHWY and The Father are not God ?

Jesus never claimed to be God.

However, YHWY said we are all Gods:

"I say you are all Gods." Psalm 82:6

So did Jesus:

"Jesus answered them,'Is it not written in the Scriptures, "I said, You are gods?"'" John 10:34

Then again, I think the anonymous author of the Gospel of John was a liar. I guess you agree with me on that.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#476395 Jan 13, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<<<Rolls eyes and chuckles.
By "God's grace" we are given "the gift of salvation". The gift is salvation.
It doesn't say "by your gift of grace are ye saved".
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God."

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; it is the gift of God."

"For by grace are ye saved; it is the gift of God"

In essence, the gift of "God" is grace, but unto salvation.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476396 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is NOT my God.
So you admit Satan is a God, but not yours.

Then you believe there are more than one Gods.

Dang you are contradictory.

Location hidden

#476397 Jan 13, 2013

Who Am I...Casting Crowns

This is the song that started me re-thinking by legalistic religion that I was stuck in and search for TRUTH..Gods Grace.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#476398 Jan 13, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
let me explain this twisted word by BLL
similar word existed during ancient first hitities writtings,
and today means not similarity to christianity world wide name only simple in english MASOCHISM
but BLL 'Mashi" is from greek Messias
Yachi- is froem hebrew YAH
ym is from hebrew IM=plural
it look like he beliefs in plural Gods, and stick his own beliefs as earthly god= meaning of"ym" hebrew .im
Thanks

“"None shall pass"”

There

#476399 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP, We will all stand in judgement..What are we going to say..
Listen to this and you will know my answer..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3M__eHGicWcXX
You're going to sing a pithy jingle ?

ROFLMAO

If I meet any of the Christian deities, I am going to ask for an apology on behalf of all mankind.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#476400 Jan 13, 2013
Bonsoir to all,

In church today an interesting point was raised and one that we may or may not think about and that point is this we as Christians particularly American Christians love the idea of Jesus as Saviour but we generally do not accept him as Lord of our lives and allowing Him to work in us. Father Racoszki our parish Priest is from Hungary, I hope this post was not offensive and if so I apologize it is just a mere thought and that is all. I would like to know whay people are willing to accept Jesus as Saviour but not as Lord? I look foward to hearing your responses.

Location hidden

#476401 Jan 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
None of us has ever said we are forgiven of our sins , even if we don't ask for FORGIVENESS-none of us.! So don't look for a (proof) scripture that says that.
When we accept Christ and know He died for our Sins, our PAST sins are forgiven. We start a NEW life, a NEW person.
When we do commit a SIN in the future (after we have accepted Christ) we ASK for forgiveness of this SIN. Now, don't twist my words and say,'so we can do anything, then ask for forgiveness, and we are ok. God KNOWS our intentions of the heart (you can not tell lie to God) and this is NOT premeditated sinning
Comprehend?
Hi SP..Yes, I am the one who said that. Well, God said it..I just quoted Him..ALL our sins are forgiven. I still apologize when I sin and ask for forgivness but Jesus forgave them 2000 years ago. ALL of them. It stings when I sin because I know that it was because of THAT sin, that Jesus died..Whenever the Bible mentions PAST sins, It was refering to sins of those that Died BEFORE the Cross. Isnt Jesus wonderful??

Location hidden

#476402 Jan 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to sing a pithy jingle ?
ROFLMAO
If I meet any of the Christian deities, I am going to ask for an apology on behalf of all mankind.
If you quit rolling around on the floor and REPENT, you may never meet them but once and you wont have much time to ask for much apology..LOL..<smile>

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#476403 Jan 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
And he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the whole world”(1 John 2:2).
Question: "What is propitiation?"
Answer: The word propitiation carries the basic idea of appeasement, or satisfaction, specifically towards God. Propitiation is a two-part act that involves appeasing the wrath of an offended person and being reconciled to him.
The necessity of appeasing God is something many religions have in common. In ancient pagan religions, as well as in many religions today, the idea is taught that man appeases God by offering various gifts or sacrifices. However, the Bible teaches that God Himself has provided the only means through which His wrath can be appeased and sinful man can be reconciled to Him. In the New Testament, the act of propitiation always refers to the work of God and not the sacrifices or gifts offered by man. The reason for this is that man is totally incapable of satisfying God’s justice except by spending eternity in hell. There is no service, sacrifice or gift that man can offer that will appease the holy wrath of God or satisfy His perfect justice. The only satisfaction, or propitiation, that could be acceptable to God and that could reconcile man to Him, had to be made by God. For this reason God the Son, Jesus Christ, came into the world in human flesh to be the perfect sacrifice for sin and make atonement or “propitiation for the sins of the people”(Hebrews 2:17).
And the very next paragraph says...

"The word propitiation is used in several key verses to explain what Jesus accomplished through His death on the cross. For example, in Romans 3:24-25 we see that believers in Christ have been 'justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed.' These verses are a key point in Paul’s argument in the Book of Romans and are really at the heart of the Gospel message.

http://www.gotquestions.org/propitiation.html

"...passed over the sins that were previously committed."

Says nothing of present, or future, sins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min NotSoDivineMsM 46,654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Doctor REALITY 990,682
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 18 min Johnny 436
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min kent 692,040
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,411
Skype sex? (Feb '15) 12 hr willthis23 24
Is Steve Harvey's 'Family Fued' racially biased?? (Oct '13) 16 hr debi0117 12
More from around the web