Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#476043 Jan 12, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Skombolis, Sora and I enjoy speaking with you very much so we feel you are a credit te Christian faith. Speak to us to your hearts content if you so wish we shall not stop you ideas are free enterprise after all and we exist to learn and to grow. Bonne nuit mon ami.
Be careful what you ask for! LOL

Just kidding, I appreciate the kind words and the encouragement to engage in discussion and I love talking to people whose intention going in is to learn and grow. It is mine as well as I said prior I have no loyalty to my beliefs so far as them being "my" beliefs. That means nothing to me if what I believe isn't right. I want to go wherever the truth leads.

IMO there is some confusion at times over the teachings of Christ and did they apply to Gentiles. I know you and i are in agreement on that but wanted to leave you with this is the Roman soldier would be considered a Gentile. Also note what he says about some of the subjects of the Kingdom.

(T) Peace

The Faith of the Centurion

5 When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6 “Lord,” he said,“my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”

7 Jesus said to him,“Shall I come and heal him?”

8 The centurion replied,“Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one,‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one,‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant,‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him,“Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

13 Then Jesus said to the centurion,“Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#476044 Jan 12, 2013
Recently,on the Alex Jones radio show,( Prisonplanet.com )he was discussing standing up to the takeover globalists in America with a guest who stated that he also was angry over what's happening. So,just as Jones started talking about 'resisting and fighting',the guy says 'Yeah,if they think they're going to control me.....I'll just...LEAVE America.' And I thought to myself 'WHAT A PUNK!' I'm sure that's NOT what Jones was expecting him to say!

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#476045 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Juicylu..
I thought my sister was the only person in the world with the nickname "juicy"..LOL Cant recall how that name came about. It started when we were just kids though...long story :). I We had a wonderful time in Disney World. The resort we stayed in was "Caribbean Beach". Very tropical with our own beach area. There was a 45 acre lake dividing the 7 different "island themed hotels" We stayed in the Jamaica buildings. Yes, Everything is about Jesus Christ and what He accomplished for us. We may feel the Grace is a free gift but it cost Jesus His life..Have a great day
My niece gave me that nickname :)
That sounds like a lovely place and I hope to see Disney World one day. I agree with you, it is about Jesus and we should never forget the sacrifice He made for us, sorry I'm not saying much, I think I need sleep, it's very late or very early, depending how one looks at it.
<3

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#476046 Jan 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful what you ask for! LOL
Just kidding, I appreciate the kind words and the encouragement to engage in discussion and I love talking to people whose intention going in is to learn and grow. It is mine as well as I said prior I have no loyalty to my beliefs so far as them being "my" beliefs. That means nothing to me if what I believe isn't right. I want to go wherever the truth leads.
IMO there is some confusion at times over the teachings of Christ and did they apply to Gentiles. I know you and i are in agreement on that but wanted to leave you with this is the Roman soldier would be considered a Gentile. Also note what he says about some of the subjects of the Kingdom.
(T) Peace
The Faith of the Centurion
5 When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6 “Lord,” he said,“my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”
7 Jesus said to him,“Shall I come and heal him?”
8 The centurion replied,“Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one,‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one,‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant,‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him,“Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion,“Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.
John 4:3-42
3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee.
4 And he must needs go through Samaria.
5 Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
6 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Location hidden

#476047 Jan 12, 2013
cont.

The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?

12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

Location hidden

#476048 Jan 12, 2013
cont.
18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Location hidden

#476049 Jan 12, 2013
Cont.

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Location hidden

#476050 Jan 12, 2013
Cont.

27 And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?

28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,

29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

30 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.

31 In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.

Location hidden

#476051 Jan 12, 2013
32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

Location hidden

#476052 Jan 12, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
cont.
The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
Beautiful my friend

And as no doubt you posted this because it was in Samaria, just like in Luke when Jesus tells the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Samaritans were not Jews. In fact there were a great deal of animosity between the groups and prejudice.And Yet Jesus taught there:

Thank you for sharing this with me

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#476053 Jan 12, 2013
37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.

38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.

39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.

41 And many more believed because of his own word;

42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Location hidden

#476054 Jan 12, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.
39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.
40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.
42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
Perfect ending

42 "And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world."

Amen and God Bless

Location hidden

#476055 Jan 12, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
I copied and saved all those verses. Much appreciated:)

Also wanted to say I forgot to put on mine that it was from Matthew 8:5-13

(T) Peace

The (T) btw stands for "true"

Location hidden

#476056 Jan 12, 2013
JESUS AND HIS TEACHINGS AS THEY RELATE TO THE GENTILES

TEACH THEM TO OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED OF YOU

Matthew 28:18-20
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

TAUGHT THEM HE WAS THEIR SAVIOR

JOHN 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world.

TAUGHT THAT GENTILES FROM THE EAST AND WEST WOULD REPLACE EVEN SOME FROM ISRAEL AND WOULD BE IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

Matthew 8
11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

PEOPLE FROM ALL NATIONS WILL TRUST IN HIM

Matthew 12:21
In his name the nations will put their hope

USED A GENTILE AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT LOVING THY NEIGHBOR IS WHICH HE SAID DO THIS AND YOU SHALL LIVE

Luke 10:28
And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Have a good day everyone

(T) Peace

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#476057 Jan 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
So is everything at that place homemade.You are a lucky fellow to have a Mom who was great cook.I tried that dinty moore one time that was enough for me no more of that stuff.Guess it what it is with that canned stuff.Have a good weekend caught ya later.
I am not sure if its all homemade or not. it could be and probably is.

My mom was a good cook but we weren't the richest folks in town. Alot of nights it was just rice or Milk soup. LOL. Also alot of hotdishes, When i left home i thought i'll never have hotdish again, but i still have it alot and I love it now. Kids usually never really realize how good they have it.

#476058 Jan 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers, the stew seems to have has a great effect on you....condolences about Ham <3
LOL. I almost asked them for the recipe........

Ham was popular around here. Missed by all the old timers......

#476059 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
:) Good Morning Rider...Hope you have a great day..I agree, Thank You God!! Its a beautiful day up here in the mountains. 70 degree in January. We usually have snow this time of the year. God Bless
Which mountains? 70 sounds wonderful. We had a few warmer days but its back to reality today..........

#476060 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rider. Have you ever eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel? Absolutely the best!! We ate there on our to Indiana and I decided to try their pecan waffles and my husband always gets their gravy biscuits, tenderloin and eggs. It was awesome!
I haven't had breakfast, but I stopped in about 1:30 yesterday aft. and they gave me a lunch menu and a breakfast menu, and I did notice many eating a breakfast. So I assumed they must have a great breakfast menu.

I'll stop in when I'm in the area again and be sure to try the breakfast menu.

Have a good day GW....

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#476061 Jan 12, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Which mountains? 70 sounds wonderful. We had a few warmer days but its back to reality today..........
The Appalacchain Mountains. Boone NC. I know that today's weather is a tease. Calm before the storm maybe? LOL. I have my windows open and done some spring cleaning earlier. Now, I have to get back to my homework. As always, nice talking to you.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#476062 Jan 12, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Recently,on the Alex Jones radio show,( Prisonplanet.com )he was discussing standing up to the takeover globalists in America with a guest who stated that he also was angry over what's happening. So,just as Jones started talking about 'resisting and fighting',the guy says 'Yeah,if they think they're going to control me.....I'll just...LEAVE America.' And I thought to myself 'WHAT A PUNK!' I'm sure that's NOT what Jones was expecting him to say!
you already are prisoner of own stupid brain,and slave of goverment
you are controled by satelites ,police, groceries,drugs prescribe by doc, and dr Shrink who same times shake your brain to throw away little be s......planted inside of your bone skull

So Do Do Coockodu, you are finshed and exist not more any adjustment of your retarded brain and toungue full of s...from flying insects

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Dally Mama 775,333
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min WildWeirdWillie 175,648
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Anti-Christ 441,772
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Regina 559,510
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 37,817
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 21 min sarah ady 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min who 265,149
More from around the web