“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#475989 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree CS..I aplogize if I was rude. I have already explained to you how I was comfortable speaking in my own language. I honestly feel that God understands our language barrier since He was the one that gave us all our languages. Don't you believe that He can speak and understand them all? If you prefer to call Him a Hebrew name then that is your choice. If your religion forbids it then I will question that religion. I still believe that we should all look beyond our differences and just talk about Gods love. Thats a universal language.:)
Remember, we have languages because it creates confusion going back to the Tower of Babel. the intent wasn't for our benefit. Because there are so many different languages, we either can't understand each other, won't try to understand and we err in translation. I speak English, but as most people who know anything about language can attest, English is no credit to languages in general. Most people speak it because the British Empire was such a powerful influence world over. It isn't an artistic language and much of the time it is grammatically challenged. A number of words are also short changed, just as the Greek and Latin which it came from proved to be a poor substitute for words of other languages a whole lot of the time.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475991 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUTH??? What truth have you discussed? You only talk about calling God by His real name..in Hebrew!! How is that truth? Prove to me that God tells us to specifically call on Him in His Hebrew name? Is God Hebrew? No...He is Not. Where did you find this information? Your version of truth is just about His name. Nothing about Who He is..What we mean to Him or What He did for us or what we are to do...just a name in hebrew..Does that offer you salvation? Yep..sounds like truth all right. What makes you think that you have the truth? Every denomination feels they know the truth. We back it up with Gods Word..Show me your truth in Gods Word. You havent even told us WHAT god you believe in..If you want to teach us the truth..Be truthful
Don't twist the conversation then try pinning this on me. I asked about two days ago; where in the bible is there authorization that says it's ok to translate names? I asked that question, I received no answer. Now you ask where "God" asked us to call His name in Hebrew? If He's the Most High One of 'Abraham, Isaac and Jacob' and never said Steve, Bob and Richard, then I'm sure He was referred to in the Hebrew. I never really needed to explain this because this is now becoming childish.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475992 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
satans name was lucifer..why are you calling him ha satan? You are getting into worldly things such as churches with steeples. The building is NOT the church. The body of believers make up the church. Why do you put so much emphasis on religious practices? Yes, those are religious practices and ceremonial practices. We bring dead people that are in a casket into a building..just a building..we have our traditions that we will carry on. Do you feel we should have them all mummified and put into a rock tomb because that is how the hebrews use to do it? Do you eat bacon, sausage and pork chops? The hebrews dont, so we are all breaking Gods law with that too huh? Do you obey ALL 613 Jewish laws? You cant break even one of them you know..NOT ONE or you are guilty of breaking them ALL..Please enlighten me with all your religious rules and tradition..I will listen but you will have more of a chance to move a mountain than to convert me away from Gods grace. But shoot for it..I am doing some homework but I will listen to you..but then you have to listen to me..Deal?

Lucifer huh. Interesting. Just one of the names he adopted through history especially when he shape-shifts into the form of a human being (child or adult). A relatively modern name. Ever heard of Samael? Later down through the centuries, try Mephistopheles.

Really never heard the name "Ha Satan" before? Just Hebrew foor the devil basically.

Shalom!

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475993 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
satans name was lucifer..why are you calling him ha satan? You are getting into worldly things such as churches with steeples. The building is NOT the church. The body of believers make up the church. Why do you put so much emphasis on religious practices? Yes, those are religious practices and ceremonial practices. We bring dead people that are in a casket into a building..just a building..we have our traditions that we will carry on. Do you feel we should have them all mummified and put into a rock tomb because that is how the hebrews use to do it? Do you eat bacon, sausage and pork chops? The hebrews dont, so we are all breaking Gods law with that too huh? Do you obey ALL 613 Jewish laws? You cant break even one of them you know..NOT ONE or you are guilty of breaking them ALL..Please enlighten me with all your religious rules and tradition..I will listen but you will have more of a chance to move a mountain than to convert me away from Gods grace. But shoot for it..I am doing some homework but I will listen to you..but then you have to listen to me..Deal?
PS. For the record,those traditions (in case you never knew) are pagan. Now you know.

Andrew (CS).

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#475994 Jan 12, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Much of what Jesus taught Paul ....
Jesus never taught Paul a thing. Paul lied.

Do you believe everyone who says they talk to Jesus or just the one's Emperor Constantine said to believe ?

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475995 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple? Ok!! Why not call Him "Father" "heavenly father" "daddy" ect..ect..Jesus referred to God most often simply as "the Father", which was recorded in the Greek Gospels with the word "Pater" (from which the Spanish get Padre). And He not only used Pater, or Father, but He directed US to start our prayers with "Our father, which art in heaven ..." (Luke 11:2) Hallowed be thy name..
So then, we could gather that this was the name He wanted us to use. But if only it was that simple! Paul confuses the issue by saying that Christ's spirit in us cries out "Abba", which is Aramaic for Father.
"And He said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will." " (Mark 14:36, NKJV)
"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, " Eli Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" Some of those who stood there, when they heard that, said, "This Man is calling for Elijah!" (Matthew 27:46-47, NKJV)
So when Christ was dying, in one of the most distressed prayers He ever made, with His last ounce of life, He prayed using a derivative of the Hebrew word for God no, not YHVH, but "Eli". The people around Him watching Him die thought He was saying " Elijah", so they evidently didn't understand Eli as a common word for God.
So He abandoned His most commonly-used Greek Pater, then the Aramaic Abba, and now He is using the Hebrew Eli. But a little while later, He is back to using Pater again!
"And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, "Father (Pater),'into Your hands I commit My spirit.'" Having said this, He breathed His last." (Luke 23:46, NKJV) So, my point is..What difference does it make?
Actually Peter in Latin is Petra and Petros in Greek, Pedro in Spanish. You know what, let's talk about something else because your arguments are very circular and designed to confuse. So with all due respect, let us move on to something else wemay have an easier time with.

:)

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475996 Jan 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Well I think as was discussed yesterday there are reasons people respond who they do. As for the icons I look at it the same as someone clinging to one verse or refusing to give an interpretation of scripture. It is all they have and they also are not looking for sincere disalogue. I am comfortable I am not missing out on anything:)...(T) PEACE
Indeed.

Shabbat Shalom Steve. Hope you'll have a great day.

:)

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475997 Jan 12, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
let me tell you'History also is not on your side,
because semitic nation Hebrews are not only Ysrael,but also arabs and arabic semities tribes connected by Islam religion as oganize nations- also G-D Yahveh is for muslims too not only for Ysrael,or jews
why don't use semitic name of G-D Yahveh-Allah,instead your own separatism zionistic imagination
Confused soul; there was no Islam in the 1st century, but there were Arabs. Confused again? Did you just call Yahweh, Allah?

Wow, you really have issues my friend.

CS.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#475998 Jan 12, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>But, how many of these 90% are sincere believers?
I ask, because it troubles me that this is factual, and yet our world is engulfed in chaos and hatred on every side. But, let's get to the heart of the matter.
Of this 90%, the majority are affiliated with, at least, one of the many denominations of Christendom. "Christianity," as we know it, boasts of the most members of any religion and philosophy, even combined and rightly so. But, where's her fruit? Why does the world not profit from her presence as it should? So, now I ask...
Of all those that claim membership in, at least, one of the many denominations of Christendom, how many are sincere believers and how many are hypocrites?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Oi BBL :) voce me surpreso quando falou Portugues, uma boa surpresa, eu esqueci muito da minha lingua mais gosto de tentar. Eu acho que eu sou uma pessoa que acredito verdadeira mesmo e com o meu coracao inteiro eu amo de Deus, mais eu nao sei tanto assim da Biblia comos outras pesoas e se eu te chatiei(?) quando eu escrevi responsas para a tuas perguntas, eu nao queria disso, so queria ver se eu tou indo na direcao verdadeira. Quero aprender. Eu nao gosto muito de brigar aqui nao.
Shalom <3

Location hidden

#475999 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
What a wonderful thing to trust in the Lord. It is a privilege that cannot be measured in human terms.
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in MAN.(Psalms 118:8).
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him...(Job 13:15).
Trust in him at all times...(Psalms 62:8).
...Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.(Psalms 2:12).
... O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust...(Psalms 7:1).
Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust...(Psalms 40:4).
... I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.(Psalms 52:8).
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.(Psalms 56:3).
For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.(Psalms 71:5).
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.(Proverbs 3:5).
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.(Proverbs 29:25).
Im glad we can trust in the Lord..
We can trust Him because He:
Died for us.
Provides for us.
Pleads our case before God.
Secures our place in Heaven.
Those are beautiful passages Grace and I believe that too, it's all about God. I hope you had a good trip, God Bless you <3

Location hidden

#476000 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew, Its not that I have a problem with Hebrew names. Its the way you accuse others of worshipping false gods if we dont call GOD/ Jesus by their hebrew names. I feel that is nonsense because God knows and see's the heart of people. It seems that something like that could be a stumbling block for others. Bibical Scholors has translated the Hebrew and Greek Words into English so we all can understand Gods Word and I personally feel that we believers should spread the love of God to unbelievers...Tell them about Jesus Christ..If you feel uncomfortable about calling JESUS by the english name them why not simply call Him Our Lord..Our Saviour...Christ...Son of God???????? I believe it was Dr. Shrink that said it best..God is NOT the author of confusion so WHY add confusion?? Jesus is the Good News of Salvation..Why cant we do what God said to do..Spread The Gospel..Not our version of it?? This applies to me also..I admit that I am just as guilty. I can admit to being wrong when I see myself causing confusion. Not everyone is going to understand The Gospel of Grace..God said He would have mercy on whom He wants to have Mercy..Not everyone will understand..We all have different paths to take and different walks to walk but what we all have is BELIEF in The Son of God..We should share that.
Well said <3 I don't really understand the Hebrew names for God and Jesus topic too well but I always thought it was ok to call them that because of language differences? Your posts are clear and I personally, without wishing to offend anyone, find some posts very confusing then I just tend to skim them, maybe that's why I don't learn as much about the law side of things....
Peace <3

Location hidden

#476001 Jan 12, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
read Bible and posted passages
not to look at someone and complain against someone senses
I worship God not human without of senses like you ,or with those who claim to have senses
Hey Doc :D
Just wondering about something, does Christian mean follower of Christ? It's what I thought but now I'm not sure. Cheers :)
Blessings <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#476002 Jan 12, 2013
M_O_R_N_I_N_G

If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
~ Haruki Murakami

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476003 Jan 12, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, I pray that You will give me the insight as to how to use the tools You have given me--whether spiritual gifts, talents, skills, work place or other--as a ministry in daily life. I don't just want to work, take care of my self and my family, my dwelling place, and participate in church life, I want to actually have a mind of ministry to do Your will and impact lives for You. May You move and minister through my life to accomplish Your purpose. Thank You. In Jesus' name, amen

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476004 Jan 12, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Great and marvelous are your works, O Lord God, the Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations.

Revelation 15:3

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476005 Jan 12, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
mama epi
hour is late to make such huge effor and write by you so long post.
but it is good,because our good christian boy skom also need love and compassion
go sleep mama epi,only not go to sleep without of prayers?
God bless you mama Epi
LOL.....Lets see you up at dawn....Someone has to open the windows and sweep up after the night crew.

:-)

Have a great day Dr Who

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476006 Jan 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Epi...oops..meant to say "my brothers AND SISTERS this should not be" Guess I should have read it again instead of trying to go from memory. Thanks again(T) PEACE
Thanks for remembering the "Sisters"

Location hidden

#476007 Jan 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus never taught Paul a thing. Paul lied.

Do you believe everyone who says they talk to Jesus or just the one's Emperor Constantine said to believe ?
o_O

Location hidden

#476009 Jan 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, I pray that You will give me the insight as to how to use the tools You have given me--whether spiritual gifts, talents, skills, work place or other--as a ministry in daily life. I don't just want to work, take care of my self and my family, my dwelling place, and participate in church life, I want to actually have a mind of ministry to do Your will and impact lives for You. May You move and minister through my life to accomplish Your purpose. Thank You. In Jesus' name, amen

Prime Time with God
Amen <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476010 Jan 12, 2013
I knoe both Steve and Grace...and I think Grace addressed this yesterday...Both of you had the same things happen in your youth. Got confused...and had to learn your lessons your way. That is something you two can BUILD upon....I Love both of you and can see if you could try to focus on where you have come from and look where you are both now....That is definetly GOD working in both your Lives...He has great plans for BOTH of you...

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min One way or another 824,991
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Commander Bunny 270,568
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min marge 582,413
Does anyone like watching people masterbate? (May '14) 53 min Mr horny 62 17
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 176,343
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 2 hr MUQ1 175
Poll Support U.S. Bill of Rights Preamble Computer P... 2 hr Green Marxist 0
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,792
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Blagoja 442,391
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr puspamishra130 190
More from around the web