Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#475999 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
What a wonderful thing to trust in the Lord. It is a privilege that cannot be measured in human terms.
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in MAN.(Psalms 118:8).
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him...(Job 13:15).
Trust in him at all times...(Psalms 62:8).
...Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.(Psalms 2:12).
... O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust...(Psalms 7:1).
Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust...(Psalms 40:4).
... I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.(Psalms 52:8).
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.(Psalms 56:3).
For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.(Psalms 71:5).
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.(Proverbs 3:5).
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.(Proverbs 29:25).
I’m glad we can trust in the Lord..
We can trust Him because He:
Died for us.
Provides for us.
Pleads our case before God.
Secures our place in Heaven.
Those are beautiful passages Grace and I believe that too, it's all about God. I hope you had a good trip, God Bless you <3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476000 Jan 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew, Its not that I have a problem with Hebrew names. Its the way you accuse others of worshipping false gods if we dont call GOD/ Jesus by their hebrew names. I feel that is nonsense because God knows and see's the heart of people. It seems that something like that could be a stumbling block for others. Bibical Scholors has translated the Hebrew and Greek Words into English so we all can understand Gods Word and I personally feel that we believers should spread the love of God to unbelievers...Tell them about Jesus Christ..If you feel uncomfortable about calling JESUS by the english name them why not simply call Him Our Lord..Our Saviour...Christ...Son of God???????? I believe it was Dr. Shrink that said it best..God is NOT the author of confusion so WHY add confusion?? Jesus is the Good News of Salvation..Why cant we do what God said to do..Spread The Gospel..Not our version of it?? This applies to me also..I admit that I am just as guilty. I can admit to being wrong when I see myself causing confusion. Not everyone is going to understand The Gospel of Grace..God said He would have mercy on whom He wants to have Mercy..Not everyone will understand..We all have different paths to take and different walks to walk but what we all have is BELIEF in The Son of God..We should share that.
Well said <3 I don't really understand the Hebrew names for God and Jesus topic too well but I always thought it was ok to call them that because of language differences? Your posts are clear and I personally, without wishing to offend anyone, find some posts very confusing then I just tend to skim them, maybe that's why I don't learn as much about the law side of things....
Peace <3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476001 Jan 12, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
read Bible and posted passages
not to look at someone and complain against someone senses
I worship God not human without of senses like you ,or with those who claim to have senses
Hey Doc :D
Just wondering about something, does Christian mean follower of Christ? It's what I thought but now I'm not sure. Cheers :)
Blessings <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#476002 Jan 12, 2013
M_O_R_N_I_N_G

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
~ Haruki Murakami

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476003 Jan 12, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, I pray that You will give me the insight as to how to use the tools You have given me--whether spiritual gifts, talents, skills, work place or other--as a ministry in daily life. I don't just want to work, take care of my self and my family, my dwelling place, and participate in church life, I want to actually have a mind of ministry to do Your will and impact lives for You. May You move and minister through my life to accomplish Your purpose. Thank You. In Jesus' name, amen

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476004 Jan 12, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Great and marvelous are your works, O Lord God, the Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations.

Revelation 15:3

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476005 Jan 12, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
mama epi
hour is late to make such huge effor and write by you so long post.
but it is good,because our good christian boy skom also need love and compassion
go sleep mama epi,only not go to sleep without of prayers?
God bless you mama Epi
LOL.....Lets see you up at dawn....Someone has to open the windows and sweep up after the night crew.

:-)

Have a great day Dr Who

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476006 Jan 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Epi...oops..meant to say "my brothers AND SISTERS this should not be" Guess I should have read it again instead of trying to go from memory. Thanks again(T) PEACE
Thanks for remembering the "Sisters"

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476007 Jan 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus never taught Paul a thing. Paul lied.

Do you believe everyone who says they talk to Jesus or just the one's Emperor Constantine said to believe ?
o_O

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476009 Jan 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, I pray that You will give me the insight as to how to use the tools You have given me--whether spiritual gifts, talents, skills, work place or other--as a ministry in daily life. I don't just want to work, take care of my self and my family, my dwelling place, and participate in church life, I want to actually have a mind of ministry to do Your will and impact lives for You. May You move and minister through my life to accomplish Your purpose. Thank You. In Jesus' name, amen

Prime Time with God
Amen <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476010 Jan 12, 2013
I knoe both Steve and Grace...and I think Grace addressed this yesterday...Both of you had the same things happen in your youth. Got confused...and had to learn your lessons your way. That is something you two can BUILD upon....I Love both of you and can see if you could try to focus on where you have come from and look where you are both now....That is definetly GOD working in both your Lives...He has great plans for BOTH of you...

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476011 Jan 12, 2013
Friday January 11 (missed it yesterday)
Practice Pure Religion
Lev 18-20, Matt 6:9-18, Ps 71:1-16, Pr 2:1-2
'Pure...religion before God... is this...' James 1:27

Jesus said about every act of kindness you show toward someone who's hurting or in need:'...You did it to Me.'(Matthew 25:40) Wow! Maybe next time you're too busy to show concern, that'll make you stop and think. Jesus told one man,'...Sell what you have and give it to the poor...[then] follow Me.'(Matthew 19:21) This man could've blessed many others, and even been numbered among Christ's disciples, but it didn't happen because he was self-focused. Jesus told another story about a rich man who died and went to hell. Now, he didn't go there because he was rich. The only sin he was charged with was selfishness. He allowed a poor man to sit on his doorstep with wounds untended, his body ill-clad, his stomach empty, and did nothing about it (Luke 16:19-31). On the other hand, Zacchaeus, who overcharged others in order to enrich himself, saw the folly of his ways, renounced selfishness and made a decision to follow Jesus (Luke 19:1-10). The story's told of an angel visiting a wealthy man who happened to be on his deathbed. After the man listed all the things he'd like to take to Heaven with him, the angel informed him,'You can only take what you have given away.' Don't wait until the eve of your departure to give; experience the joy and reward of it-now.'Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble.' So today, practise pure religion!
The word for Today

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#476012 Jan 12, 2013
^^^^ correction

"knoe" should be "know"

LOL

Ya knoe????

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#476013 Jan 12, 2013
The Son of God Music Ministry

"Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever." Ps 136:3

:)

Good Morning Everyone

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476014 Jan 12, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
The Son of God Music Ministry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZMMTYvWEkHIXX
"Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever." Ps 136:3
:)
Good Morning Everyone
Hello :)
That song is beautiful <3

#476015 Jan 12, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello :)
That song is beautiful <3
Beautiful isn't it? Now that is what I call a true worship song. I can cite a scripture for each one of those lyrics in the song.

#476016 Jan 12, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
The scripture is excellent though I fail to see your point Ms. Walker. I repent of my sins Ms. Walker, countless times I have said I am not perfect, for if I were then I would have no need for a Savior. Yet in spite of me the Law is the Law whether we choose to acknowledge it or not. It is either we attempt to keep the Law or we are Lawless. The law being there doesn't cause the Savior to be absent from purpose, but because it is there why we need one so we can be saved from our sins.
This is not rocket science stuff I'm explaining,but you choose to stick to your guns lock, stock and empty barrel. Why do you do this? Is scripture so difficult to understand why it must be interpreted in such crude fashion constantly? You quote scripture that should be plain to see and understand, but somehow I think there's a reason you quote scripture absent explaining. I can tell you have a lot of knowledge,just apply this knowledge and stop fighting so feverishly a battle that needs not be fought.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
Good Morning CS, do you espouse the black hebrew aka black israelite beliefs. I pretty much had you in mind when I sent out the black hebrew info about a week ago.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476017 Jan 12, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Beautiful isn't it? Now that is what I call a true worship song. I can cite a scripture for each one of those lyrics in the song.
I couldn't, I've only recently started listening to worship music, hopefully I'll memorise them one day...<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#476019 Jan 12, 2013
Saturday January 12
Set Boundaries (1)
Lev 21:1-23:25, Matt 6:19-34, Ps 71:17-24, Pr 2:3-5
'All you need to say is simply "Yes" or "No"...' Matthew 5:37 NIV

When does 'a good thing' become 'too much'? Can I help you, without hurting me? Can we share our lives, without me giving up mine? When do you truly need my help? When do I need to let go, and let you and God handle it? Finding the balance between 'enough' and 'too much' in relationships is a constant challenge and isn't easy. Especially when your role tends to be 'all things, at all times, to all people,' and theirs is 'I'm helpless, you owe me, take care of me'; when you have no "no" and they have no "yes". Needing to be needed by needy people who always want someone to take care of them puts the needy person in the driver's seat-and puts you over the edge. They are never happy, whatever you do. So you do more to make them feel happier and yourself feel less guilty, and you end up in a double bind. They resent you for not giving enough, and you resent them for not appreciating what you give. Yet neither of you knows how to break the cycle. So the relationship becomes what counsellors call a 'more-of-the-same' tangle where both parties resent and devalue the other, feeling stuck in a life-dominating trap you both fear to jettison. Marriages, families, friendships, workplaces, churches and social groups get trapped in this 'victim-rescuer' pattern where needy people and fixers become trapped in a mutual dance they both 'love to hate' but won't stop doing! Recognise yourself? If so, you're moving toward a helthier, less toxic relationship.
The Word for Today
Yep, I recognise myself, that was the first few years of my marriage and my relationship with my mother. I had to work hard for years to learn to set boundaries, not an easy thing to do when one wishes to protect others and make them happy, it was a huge challenge in my work too, when I first started out. I'm grateful that God and some Godly people helped me in this as I used to drive myself round the bend and never had any 'me' time at all. The only area I struggle with it now, is with my lil' guys, they're just so adorable.
Peace <3

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#476020 Jan 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
M_O_R_N_I_N_G
“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
~ Haruki Murakami
Thought for the Day
That is exactly what non-christians have been saying for years here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Truth Buster 48,049
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Phooey 646,364
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min here 281,225
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min DebraE 105,549
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 24 min andet1987 2,015
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 28 min BobbyReal 33
How do I own a forum? 42 min Norm 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr VIKING 971,581
More from around the web